A note on personal attacks

Maxman

It seems like every offseason we need a refresher course on how to discuss things here. We understand that things get heated. We understand that these debates can be intense at times. That is good, we are Jets fans after all. Passion is our middle name.

What is not okay are all the personal attacks we have seen here. JetNation has been around 10 years next month. What we won't tolerate, and never have, are personal attacks. Name calling, cursing and insulting each other that isn't allowed here. We don't have many rules, all you have to do is not launch any personal attacks and avoid political talk and we are good to go in most cases.

We pride ourselves on not being ban happy. We welcome all opinions. We want the same thing, that is to see the Jets win the Super Bowl. Unfortunately there is too much fighting going on right now. So we will have to ban people if the personal attacks continue. Please think before you hit submit.  If you aren't getting along with someone, just go into your USER CP and place that user on IGNORE. That essentially blocks them from your view.

Thanks and go Jets.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like every offseason we need a refresher course on how to discuss things here. We understand that things get heated. We understand that these debates can be intense at times. That is good, we are Jets fans after all. Passion is our middle name.

What is not okay are all the personal attacks we have seen here. JetNation has been around 10 years next month. What we won't tolerate, and never have, are personal attacks. Name calling, cursing and insulting each other that isn't allowed here. We don't have many rules, all you have to do is not launch any personal attacks and avoid political talk and we are good to go in most cases.

We pride ourselves on not being ban happy. We welcome all opinions. We want the same thing, that is to see the Jets win the Super Bowl. Unfortunately there is too much fighting going on right now. So we will have to ban people if the personal attacks continue. Please think before you hit submit.  If you aren't getting along with someone, just go into your USER CP and place that user on IGNORE. That essentially blocks them from your view.

Thanks and go Jets.

Have had your ass on ignore for the better part of a decade and yet here you are. *shakes fist angrily at sky* 

Thanks and go Jets.

The Problem is Max if you take the curse words out of some posters vocabulary they would be on-line mimes..

mimes.jpg

As a Pats fan on a Jets message board, every night I cry myself to sleep because of all the abuse and personal attacks I have to endure as a long-time poster on the board.

Thank you Max for this thread!

Good point Tex I would vote you the Mr Congeniality award if Max had one.. :winking0001:

Tx we gotta bring back seniorfloridajet and night stalker, two of your biggest fans lol

BP, do you realty know how many years you are going back with that post?????

Please tell me that donkey is still alive.

Senior was a great poster, busted my balls every chance he got!

I have a question about how the personal attacks thing is going to work... is it only going to be enforced on the people that "should know better" or will it also apply to the idiots. I guess either way I'm screwed.

Watch it with the personal attacks Ape. Hashtagbanned

BP, do you realty know how many years you are going back with that post?????

Please tell me that donkey is still alive.

Senior was a great poster, busted my balls every chance he got!

You can ask savage but I think a seance may be in order of you want to speak to senior.

Archived