Revis looked TOO Happy!

32EBoozer

Get over yourself.  This is his job.  The problem was he out performed his contract and guys like Antonio Cromartie were getting paid more than he was.  I'd be pissed too.  Now he's paid what he's worth and is going to the superbowl, why wouldn't he be happy.  Honestly I don't see too many Pats that are unhappy,   Doesn't mean I can't stand them, but I'm fine with Revis.  He would have come back if we didn't have a douche for a GM adn Owner.   

He never would have been traded if he wasn't such a bitch to deal with in the first place..

He never would have been traded if he wasn't such a bitch to deal with in the first place..

I agree the $16M was over the top.  If it was $13M I and most would have been on board.  So we got a 1st round pick for trading him.  Up until that point I was good.  If we resigned him for the $12M he got from the Pats it would have been a grand slam, of course Woody hated his agents and Idzik was too cheap.  So when we had the money and the price was reasonable we balked.  So he joins the Pats, I can't blame him. 

I agree the $16M was over the top.  If it was $13M I and most would have been on board.  So we got a 1st round pick for trading him.  Up until that point I was good.  If we resigned him for the $12M he got from the Pats it would have been a grand slam, of course Woody hated his agents and Idzik was too cheap.  So when we had the money and the price was reasonable we balked.  So he joins the Pats, I can't blame him. 

Talent aside if he was more of a team first guy like Brady is for the Pats he would have been one of the best loved Jet players of all time.. But that's not who he is..

Talent aside if he was more of a team first guy like Brady is for the Pats he would have been one of the best loved Jet players of all time.. But that's not who he is..

Brady is properly compensated, Revis signed a long term contract and played well above that contract.  That was the genesis of the Revis issue.  For most of us we feel that if a player signs a contract that they should abide by it, but in the NFL a player can hold out and try rework the contract.  This is what Revis was urged to do by his agents.  The second time he and his agents got even greedier after seeing what super Mario got paid.  Woody made a comment during the Ryan/Idzik firing that he was fine with Revis, but not his agents. 

Brady is properly compensated, Revis signed a long term contract and played well above that contract.  That was the genesis of the Revis issue.  For most of us we feel that if a player signs a contract that they should abide by it, but in the NFL a player can hold out and try rework the contract.  This is what Revis was urged to do by his agents.  The second time he and his agents got even greedier after seeing what super Mario got paid.  Woody made a comment during the Ryan/Idzik firing that he was fine with Revis, but not his agents

The Agents work for Revis they do what he wants.. If Wilson was like Revis he would have held out after the Bowl win.. He has class something all of Revis's money can't buy.. Brady could have held out after a bowl win in his 2nd year.. Revis held out before he even played 1 down of NFL football..

The Agents work for Revis they do what he wants.. If Wilson was like Revis he would have held out after the Bowl win.. He has class something all of Revis's money can't buy.. Brady could have held out after a bowl win in his 2nd year.. Revis held out before he even played 1 down of NFL football..

Good riddance to that greedy bastard, the Pats will regret the day they signed him.

Hope he leaves the Pats. If they win a Title, do you think he gives a discount next season?

He's not leaving the Pats, he's on a high speed train to the hall of fame with them,  and they're smart enough to not let him get away, unless they have a viable replacement.  Let's face it, the Pats have been rock solid in their decision making and we're disfunctional, that's why they've won the division 12 out of 14 years, and are in the Super Bowl now.  We'll never match them with Woody at the helm and our reactionary fan base who Woody takes his signals from.     

Brady is properly compensated, Revis signed a long term contract and played well above that contract.  That was the genesis of the Revis issue.  For most of us we feel that if a player signs a contract that they should abide by it, but in the NFL a player can hold out and try rework the contract.  This is what Revis was urged to do by his agents.  The second time he and his agents got even greedier after seeing what super Mario got paid.  Woody made a comment during the Ryan/Idzik firing that he was fine with Revis, but not his agents. 

What about when a player plays below his contract can a team take away guaranteed money?? LOL

He's not leaving the Pats, he's on a high speed train to the hall of fame with them, and they're smart enough to not let him get away, unless they have a viable replacement. Let's face it, the Pats have been rock solid in their decision making and we're disfunctional, that's why they've won the division 12 out of 14 years, and are in the Super Bowl now. We'll never match them with Woody at the helm and our reactionary fan base who Woody takes his signals from.

This is correct.

Woody making football decisions based on the hostile media and reactionary fan base has been the biggest problem with the franchise.

Looks like we may have turned a corner with that. I sure hope so. Spend the money to get the top FA CB this year.

Perhaps Revis doesn't like playing for Cheaters?!

Maybe now he understands why the Pats got the better of us so often..... he sees the video guys with their cameras trained on the opposing signal callers, the balls being deflated secretly behind the bench, the highly questionable eligible/ineligible receivers running in/out of game seconds before ball is snapped. The partiality of the refs.....etc?

I personally think the Revis train has left the Jets station forever. Never having a TRUE Home Team to return to in retirement. Forever cursed to ride the Hired Mercenary rails of loneliness and un-appreciation 

Maybe now he understands why the Pats got the better of us so often..... he sees the video guys with their cameras trained on the opposing signal callers, the balls being deflated secretly behind the bench, the highly questionable eligible/ineligible receivers running in/out of game seconds before ball is snapped. The partiality of the refs.....etc?

I personally think the Revis train has left the Jets station forever. Never having a TRUE Home Team to return to in retirement. Forever cursed to ride the Hired Mercenary rails of loneliness and un-appreciation 

Revis grew up a Steeler fan but I doubt they would pay him like he wants..

This is correct.

Woody making football decisions based on the hostile media and reactionary fan base has been the biggest problem with the franchise.

Looks like we may have turned a corner with that. I sure hope so. Spend the money to get the top FA CB this year.

I wish I could say that we've turned the corner, but hearing Woody say he had the final say on GMs and HCs and having Bowles report to him tells me the opposite.  It just seems like his way of saying I'm the boss and I'm going to do what I'm going to do.  It's like he got beat up by the bigger boys when he was younger and now he making up for it. 

In my career I've worked with alot of large companies and see how they think and act, some are solid, some are dysfunctional.  If I was to do an analysis on the Jets, they continue to be dysfunctional.  I'm just hoping that they hired the right people who will keep Woody at bay. 

A consistent winner is what the fan base wants Woody.  You might not win today, or next week, or this season, but allow your people to start putting the pieces in place to reach that vision.  Not all the moves are going to be perfect, but when they aren't don't let the media, or fanatics throw you off the pursuit of that vision.  Trust the people you have in the organization now and let them do their job.  Never lose sight of the vision for immediate gratification, or to please a bunch of critics.     

If you believe this you are naive.

Revis's "home team" is FDIC insured and I would bet he will never feel lonely or underappreciated.

Revis is making sure he doesnt wind up broke like so many before him have.

You can call Revis alot of things but stupid isnt one of them.

Archived