Solving our speed at Linebacker

Jetster

I'm tired of us trotting out guys like Pace, Babin, even Harris who I like but gets exposed too much in this pass happy NFL. I think Harris made 9 million in 2014!

I have 2 guys I would target in Free Agency that would fit the profile of players that would excel in a Todd Bowles attacking defense.

ILB - Rolando McClain, ILB, Cowboys. Age: 26.

Rolando McClain came out of nowhere last year. He failed in Baltimore and was out of the league for a season. Dallas gave him a chance, and it paid off; McClain was tremendous against both the run and the pass, serving as the leader of the defense. There's a chance he could regress, but perhaps he has truly turned his life around.

OLB- Brandon Graham. Young guy coming into his own.

These guys can both run & defend in the short areas. Plus Graham right now in his career is like Pace was like when he took steroids. Both of these guys are relentless, especially Graham who has a non stop motor. Depending on their contracts & how you spread out the signing bonuses, they could both be had for the same dollar amount that we paid Harris last year.

* have you guys been checking out the free agent lists for 2015? Holy sh*t! I'll give Idzik his due this is a most opportune time to have a boatload of money.

Many, many 26-28 year old vets available.

Might be one of the best free agent years ever depending on who gets franchised. Just the idea that someone like Demarco Murray or even Marshawn Lynch might come available is crazy.

Our GM could turn this team around pretty quickly with some smart strong moves.

If not Graham, it could be Worilds if he shakes free. There will be a lot of options for our Jets.

It all depends on the scheme we're going to play.  If Bowles is true to his billing, and plays his best players at their best positions, we could be looking at a 4-3, with Coples playing on the line.  In that scenario, I envision Demario Davis playing strong-side backer, with a stud draft pick playing MLB, and having competition between Sam Acho, Trevor Reiley, and Antonio Allen for the weak-side backer spot.

I'd love to see Denzyll Perryman in green and white, it's time to draft an impact linebacker that plays linebacker.  Not a pass rusher to play linebacker. 

Don't forget Jerry Hughes out of Buffalo. He'd be a quality pick-up as well.

Love the idea of helping us & hurting the Bills.

So many options.

Really happy we have football people in charge now.

Some people think that KC won't be able to keep Houston. Jets will get some stud free agents.

McClain's probably not going to leave Dallas - he fought a case of home sickness out in Oakland and he's grown to like the Dallas area - close to his home.

He messed up his original $40 mil rookie deal... only played for $700,000 this year. He needs the big contract this go around and Dalls has Bryant and DeMarco Murray to sign.

He is a bit of a head job though

He messed up his original $40 mil rookie deal... only played for $700,000 this year. He needs the big contract this go around and Dalls has Bryant and DeMarco Murray to sign.

He is a bit of a head job though

Strange that he finally became the player people expected. There is a lot of pressure on a young guy getting a 40 million dollar contract.

The intense scrutiny that these young guys are under is ridiculous!

You see it with our own fans. Rookie QBs use to sit on the bench for 3 years. Now after 2 years starting on a team lacking talent, a coaching staff that had no idea how to develop young players Geno should be cut?

Actually if these rookies aren't pro bowlers in their 1st year they are busts according to our fans.

Rolando can run with any TE, he was awesome dropping in coverage last year, something we need playing the Patriots & that pussy azz short passing game they win with. With our Dline & hopefully someone like Graham helping our pass rush, we need players that can lock down Gronk & Edelman.

With McClain, it would really depend on the contract. I do not trust him to keep up this career arc in the slightest. He already flamed out once. No way do I offer him a big money deal so he can do it again.

He won't get big money just for that reason. Cowboys got way bigger issues with Dez & Demarco.

Slip in & steal their best defender now that's he turned the corner.

Archived