QB Thoughts

KRL

Just showed you his stats prior of him joining the Saints.  Let me ask you this, did you think Hasselbeck was elite back them in 05?  :roll:

Do you know what "emerged" means? Let me explain, it is an acknowledgement that Brees wasn't elite right away, but that by the end of his run in SD he had emerged as an elite looking QB. 

Looking at Brees career stats in SD paints the wrong picture. Did you see him play in his last year or so there? Do you know what you're talking about? 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about a trade of Kaepernick?

While a long shot - question is...Would you give up the #6 overall for him?

I personally would do it without blinking an eye...I would give a 1 and 2...but I'm still high on Kaepernick and know a bad year isn't enough to give up on an incredibly talented player.

Geno is mobile. Geno can run. Geno has better accuracy. Geno has a bigger arm. Geno throws a better deep ball. Geno can win a game in the 4th quarter.Geno played for Rex, Geno played with lesser weapons.

Not saying Geno will be the next franchise guy but he is easily better than Glennon.

Glennon has a better career pass %, he has 29 tds to genos 25, he has only 15 ints to genos 34, he has 4,025 to genos 5571 yards passing and he has played 19 games to Genos 30.  So, no Geno is not easily better than Glennon.

What about a trade of Kaepernick?

While a long shot - question is...Would you give up the #6 overall for him?

I personally would do it without blinking an eye...I would give a 1 and 2...but I'm still high on Kaepernick and know a bad year isn't enough to give up on an incredibly talented player.

Kaepernick is making like $15M per forever.  SF just signed him, so I think there would be a sh*tload of dead money for them to move him so soon.

Kaepernick is making like $15M per forever.  SF just signed him, so I think there would be a sh*tload of dead money for them to move him so soon.

Kapernick deal is VERY team friendly... It's like he's playing on several 1 yr. deals

Post June 1st cut costs $2.5 mil with $12.8m in Cap SAVINGS

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/san-francisco-49ers

Glennon has a better career pass %, he has 29 tds to genos 25, he has only 15 ints to genos 34, he has 4,025 to genos 5571 yards passing and he has played 19 games to Genos 30.  So, no Geno is not easily better than Glennon.

Whatever. Glennon is no where near Geno in skill or upside. Stats do not tell the story here. Geno was crippled by Rex.

Whatever. Glennon is no where near Geno in skill or upside. Stats do not tell the story here. Geno was crippled by Rex.

Geno was very raw coming out of college and had no business starting the last 2 years.  You might say Glennon was more "nfl ready" than Geno and still got to hold a clipboard for half the season allowing him to get used to the speed of the NFL game.      Genos biggest knock is carelessness with the football.  If and its a big if, he can cut back on the turnovers he can be an effective starting quarterback, especially playing for Chan Gailey.   With a healthy Decker,Kerley an impact receiver from the draft and the continued development of Amaro,  along with say CJ Spiller catching passes out of the backfield, I expect Geno to take a big step forward, assuming he beats out the comp in training camp. 

So people don't want to give away our 4th rounder for Harvin.. an impact player,But want to take a shot at the starting quarterback of the team who is picking #1 this year? You peiple.. jeez.

Terrible comparrison, every jet would love to give up a 4th for Harvin if he was getting paid less than 1 mill a year. Most Jet fans don't want to spend 20% of thier cap space on a gimmick player that gets hurt. or put it this way (harvin <Iupati + 104th pick) And if they would have stood with Glennon, I believe they would not be picking #1. 

Geno was very raw coming out of college and had no business starting the last 2 years.  You might say Glennon was more "nfl ready" than Geno and still got to hold a clipboard for half the season allowing him to get used to the speed of the NFL game.      Genos biggest knock is carelessness with the football.  If and its a big if, he can cut back on the turnovers he can be an effective starting quarterback, especially playing for Chan Gailey.   With a healthy Decker,Kerley an impact receiver from the draft and the continued development of Amaro,  along with say CJ Spiller catching passes out of the backfield, I expect Geno to take a big step forward, assuming he beats out the comp in training camp. 

How is playing for Chan Gailey any different than Marty?  Both run horizontal pass patterns and the defenses play what they play.  And if you want to add someone, add Steve Johnson who thrived under Gailey

Then why is it that Glennon on a per game basis has produced better numbers? And please dont talk about having Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. Geno Smith has Eric Decker, Percy Harvin and a better oline. In Geno's two years in the league he's been in the bottom 3 worst QB in the league. Cant say the same for Glennon. 

So that skill and upside you speak of hasn't showed itself. 

If we want to draft a QB then giving a 4th rounder or possibly a 3rd rounder to the Bucs for Glennon would be the best QB draft pick the Jets could make this year. They would get a QB that they can evaluate on a pro level that has shown to be better statistically than Geno, has taken care of the ball better than Geno while being on a worst team than Geno. 

There's 0 chance of the 49ers trading karpernick this year.

It wasn't my ******* idea.  I was just commenting. 

Glennon is available

No he is not.  He is signed with the Bucs through the 2016 season.  He is the only QB on Tampa's roster right now.  Even if they draft Winston they will need another QB on the roster

It wasn't my ******* idea. I was just commenting.

No he is not. He is signed with the Bucs through the 2016 season. He is the only QB on Tampa's roster right now. Even if they draft Winston they will need another QB on the roster

Yeah I guess they are shopping Glennon for a draft pick just for the fun of it.

Unfourtunately I don't think Glennon will be available unless it was for a high draft pick. If that Bucs draft Winston/Mariota they will probably start Glennon. I don't think they would have released McCown if they wanted to get rid of Glennon.

They released Mccown because he's horrible, overpaid and makes way more money than Glennon.

If the bucs want a stop gap qb to play until Winston starts they can sign one of the free agent qbs out there. If Tampa gets offered a 3rd for Glennon they make the deal.

They released Mccown because he's horrible, overpaid and makes way more money than Glennon.

If the bucs want a stop gap qb to play until Winston starts they can sign one of the free agent qbs out there. If Tampa gets offered a 3rd for Glennon they make the deal.

I agree McCown sucks but I like Glennon, I liked him coming out I wanted us to take him instead of Geno. Tampa OC Dirk K runs a system perfect for Glennon and Winston so I don't see them letting Glennon go that easy he did show some promise, you might be right but in my opinion I don't see them getting rid of Glennon for a FA QB.

Jets will draft Mariota BOOK IT

I would be surprised if he is there at 6, I can see him going to 1 or 2 whether by trade or not. I don't by the BS that RG 3 is the starer in Washington. I can see Cleveland jumping up for him. I could only imagine the reaction on this board if we traded up to 2 or 3 to select Mariota, hopefully that is not the case.

Archived