Thoughts

JetFanatic

With the recent Josh Gordon fiasco and him getting suspended for the year next season let's suppose that scares teams away from Dorial Green-Beckham and he's somehow there at our pick in the 3rd round.  Does anyone take him there?  Or is he that big of a red flag that you stay away from him?  And for the people who would take him in the 3rd round like myself, would you take him with our 2nd round pick?  

Been racking my brain over this.  I think I would grab him even with our 2nd round pick, but if he's a bonehead like Gordon and most other young immature kids I would kick myself afterwards.  But if he's a complete monster on the field and stays out of trouble off of it then our WR unit consists of Decker, Green-Beckham, Kerley throwing in Jace Amaro in his second year and most likely Spiller and if not another pass catching RB out of the backfield.  Scary good.

Anyone taking that chance?  And sorry if this has been posted already feel free to delete it.

With the recent Josh Gordon fiasco and him getting suspended for the year next season let's suppose that scares teams away from Dorial Green-Beckham and he's somehow there at our pick in the 3rd round.  Does anyone take him there?  Or is he that big of a red flag that you stay away from him?  And for the people who would take him in the 3rd round like myself, would you take him with our 2nd round pick?  

Been racking my brain over this.  I think I would grab him even with our 2nd round pick, but if he's a bonehead like Gordon and most other young immature kids I would kick myself afterwards.  But if he's a complete monster on the field and stays out of trouble off of it then our WR unit consists of Decker, Green-Beckham, Kerley throwing in Jace Amaro in his second year and most likely Spiller and if not another pass catching RB out of the backfield.  Scary good.

Anyone taking that chance?  And sorry if this has been posted already feel free to delete it.

Saw a blurb about him today saying that he moved in with his brother who snapped him in to shape but I'm always skeptical about  that stuff.  He's supposedly a "changed man" but in cases like this you never know when it's a guy keeping his nose clean until he gets paid.

Saw a blurb about him today saying that he moved in with his brother who snapped him in to shape but I'm always skeptical about  that stuff.  He's supposedly a "changed man" but in cases like this you never know when it's a guy keeping his nose clean until he gets paid.

Very true.  I just watched a few YouTube videos on this kid though and holy cow he's unreal.  I don't think I can pass him up in the 2nd round seeing as how badly we need a #1 WR.  I didn't know about the story about him moving in with his brother that's a good move on his part.  I really hope the kid turns his life around, it could go either way.  

That'll also lighten the burden if we happen to miss out on Cooper who I think is 100% getting snatched up by Oakland at 4.  Wouldn't mind Mariota at that 6 spot to let him and Green-Beckham potentially be our QB/WR combo for hopefully years to come.

Very true.  I just watched a few YouTube videos on this kid though and holy cow he's unreal.  I don't think I can pass him up in the 2nd round seeing as how badly we need a #1 WR.  I didn't know about the story about him moving in with his brother that's a good move on his part.  I really hope the kid turns his life around, it could go either way.  

That'll also lighten the burden if we happen to miss out on Cooper who I think is 100% getting snatched up by Oakland at 4.  Wouldn't mind Mariota at that 6 spot to let him and Green-Beckham potentially be our QB/WR combo for hopefully years to come.

They have a new defensive head coach and Al Davis is dead. If that wasn't the case, I might agree with you. As it is, I definitely don't think it's a lock. And if the two QBs and Cooper are off the board when the Jets pick, they'll be in a great position to grab one of the pass rushers. I can deal with that.

As for Green-Becham, I don't know. High risk, high reward. Are they in that position? Does the brand new GM want to risk a second round pick there? Does a rookie head coach want that kind of potential headache? I'd think maybe the third round, but the second is just too scary.

I would be pissed if he was available in the 2nd round and the Jets passed. If he was available in the third, I would have another Derrick Strait orgasm moment. 

Be willing to bet he'll be there in the early 2nd.  Not sure if I would take him.  3rd?  for sure

They have a new defensive head coach and Al Davis is dead. If that wasn't the case, I might agree with you. As it is, I definitely don't think it's a lock. And if the two QBs and Cooper are off the board when the Jets pick, they'll be in a great position to grab one of the pass rushers. I can deal with that.

As for Green-Becham, I don't know. High risk, high reward. Are they in that position? Does the brand new GM want to risk a second round pick there? Does a rookie head coach want that kind of potential headache? I'd think maybe the third round, but the second is just too scary.

If I'm the GM in Oakland and I have a second year QB that's supposedly the franchise with no offensive players on the team whatsoever let alone a receiver, there is absolutely no way I pass on the #1 projected WR coming out.  I wouldn't mind Shane Ray at that spot if your scenario were to play out.  Instant QB killer coming off the edge every passing down.

Definitely true.  They probably won't want to take on a headache in year 1 of a massive overhaul.  3rd round I would.  

If the Raiders take Cooper, the Jets will have White sitting there.

Mike Mayoch has White as his #1 receiver in this draft.

Personally, if I'm the Jets I'm praying that one of the FA outside LBs is available.

Jerry Hughes anyone?

Hurts Bills helps Jets, proven player! That can't be said for any rookie.

I think you have to trade back into the bottom of the First round to get DGB.  Knowing Magcannon to be a good eye for talent scouting then my instinct is he will be unwilling to do so cause he'll trust that he can get more value then if he has to trade up.  So if this is the case then the only we get DGB is if we pick him at #6.

I wouldnt touch DGB in the first 2 rounds period. If he's there in the 3rd round and guys like Phillip Dorsett, Jamison Crowder, Devin Smith and Tyler Lockett are still out there then I'd pass on him again. You stay away from a player like this for as long as you have quality guys on the board. If you're in the 4th or 5th round for example and talent is really thin and alot of your quality guys that you wanted in the later rounds are already off the board then you take a flier on him. But dont let his talent force you to make a mistake because his stupidity may cause you to never be able to see that talent on the field. Sometimes its just better to say away from guys like this all together. 

If the Raiders take Cooper, the Jets will have White sitting there.

Mike Mayoch has White as his #1 receiver in this draft.

Personally, if I'm the Jets I'm praying that one of the FA outside LBs is available.

Jerry Hughes anyone?

Hurts Bills helps Jets, proven player! That can't be said for any rookie.

I would have no problem with White at all.  I think Cooper, Parker, and White are toss ups for the #1 WR spot.

I think the Jets will hopefully land a OLB in FA which will free up some options with the draft.  I would gladly take Hughes, but I don't see Buffalo letting him go.

Hasn't gotten into trouble since he was dismissed from Mizzou right? If he's somehow there in the 3rd I take him no matter what. Even if we took Cooper in the first. He's that good. 

I don't see him getting past the Pats in the 1st though. They like bad people

No I don't believe so.  He very well could be there at the top of the 3rd round.  That'd be amazing.

I wouldnt touch DGB in the first 2 rounds period. If he's there in the 3rd round and guys like Phillip Dorsett, Jamison Crowder, Devin Smith and Tyler Lockett are still out there then I'd pass on him again. You stay away from a player like this for as long as you have quality guys on the board. If you're in the 4th or 5th round for example and talent is really thin and alot of your quality guys that you wanted in the later rounds are already off the board then you take a flier on him. But dont let his talent force you to make a mistake because his stupidity may cause you to never be able to see that talent on the field. Sometimes its just better to say away from guys like this all together. 

I think his upside is way too big to pass him up in the 3rd if he's there.  Other available WR's in the draft that'll be there in the 3rd round probably wouldn't be able to touch this guys skill set.  I chance it.

If I'm the GM in Oakland and I have a second year QB that's supposedly the franchise with no offensive players on the team whatsoever let alone a receiver, there is absolutely no way I pass on the #1 projected WR coming out. I wouldn't mind Shane Ray at that spot if your scenario were to play out. Instant QB killer coming off the edge every passing down.

Definitely true. They probably won't want to take on a headache in year 1 of a massive overhaul. 3rd round I would.

The Raiders offense will be up tempo offense( Musgrave bringing in a lot of Eagles offense) . The Raiders offense is doing away with the Fb position. ( more single back). what the Raiders are in dire need is a true number 1 Wr and number 1 Te. Could use a slot receiver .

Rod Streater is a solid number 2wr.( just was injured for most of 2014) Two young Wr that could potential be very good number 2 type of Wr's. (Brice Butler and Seth Roberts- just had to get stronger as he was one of the best Wr in their camp

What the Raiders do in free agency will determine where they go in he draft. I could see the Raiders getting two Te's in freeagency. ( Julius Thomas, and Virgil Green). A slot receiver - Randall Cobb or Percy Harvin( if jets cut him). At least one freeagents Olineman and maybe two. ( center - Hudson,guard- Iupati/ Orlando Franklin.

Now they add that in freeagency than Raiders could definitely trade back in the draft. Reason they are looking for more picks. they might have one of the Wr's ranked higher, but out of ( Cooper, Parker, and White) they are guarantee to pick a top Wr.

I think his upside is way too big to pass him up in the 3rd if he's there.  Other available WR's in the draft that'll be there in the 3rd round probably wouldn't be able to touch this guys skill set.  I chance it.

Gordon's upside would make him quite possibly the best wide receiver in the national football league.  However, whats the point of his upside when Gordon is deciding to blow his prime years smoking, drinking and racing cars? I would bet that if Cleveland was able to do that draft pick over again they would. What has Gordon's upside provided for them....one good year? They just blew a 2nd round pick on a guy that they drafted in 2012 and who wont be on their team in 2015. The Jets have blown draft picks year after year since 2007 simply on bad talent. You dont go from drafting bad talent to drafting guys like Dorial Beckham. 

Look how many draft opportunities have Cleveland passed on because of their support of Gordon? Cleveland had the opportunity to draft anyone of the top WR's last year in arguably the most potent WR class in NFL history and they passed because of their support in Gordon. He then turns around and fails a drug test. 

If there's no reason to take the chance then dont chance it. If there's talent at the position in any of there rounds I'd go for that than him. If the talent pool is thin and he's sitting there then you draft him, but there's nothing that can be said regarding his talent that will convince me otherwise because his character issues has said much. 

Archived