Stefen Wisniewski C/G FA

SenorGato

Badass, young (25) interior OLmen, one of the better players on Oakland's roster. While it would seem Oakland would do everything they can to keep him, they managed to lose Veldheer just a couple years ago.

Can start at RG and replace Mangold...Should still be able to afford Iupati too, should be the first guy the Jets' new FO chase and land.

Badass, young (25) interior OLmen, one of the better players on Oakland's roster. While it would seem Oakland would do everything they can to keep him, they managed to lose Veldheer just a couple years ago.

Can start at RG and replace Mangold...Should still be able to afford Iupati too, should be the first guy the Jets' new FO chase and land.

There is a very good chance S Wisniewski has played his last game as A Raider. The Raiders want to upgrade the Center position this offseason.( it's priority) Wisniewski is a very good pass blocker who strength isn't run blocking. you could look for the Raiders to sign Rodney Hudson, or Montgomery( temporary solution) in Fa , and possible try to draft Cam Erving with their second round pick.

S Wisniewski most likely will be in another uniform, and it shouldn't cost that much to get him.

Not that a team fan base is always correct in their assessment , but over 90 % of Raider fans want Wisniewski gone.

First guy?

Not a corner, one of these stud WRs or a QB? 

There is a very good chance S Wisniewski has played his last game as A Raider. The Raiders want to upgrade the Center position this offseason.( it's priority) Wisniewski is a very good pass blocker who strength isn't run blocking. you could look for the Raiders to sign Rodney Hudson, or Montgomery( temporary solution) in Fa , and possible try to draft Cam Erving with their second round pick.

S Wisniewski most likely will be in another uniform, and it shouldn't cost that much to get him.

Not that a team fan base is always correct in their assessment , but over 90 % of Raider fans want Wisniewski gone.

Will Montgomery?  I know you guys love to sign Broncos, but that guy was part of one of the worst G rotations in history here back in '07.  The dark Adrien Clarke season.

Yeah cause a guy that can't run block would be a good choice for the Jets who just happen to be a running team.... :rolleyes:

He will be fine at Guard, it is just that he has trouble reaching the LB, as a guard he just needs to hit the guy 3 feet  in front of him.

This is concerning because fans usually rip lineman because they can't pass protect

it's a little more than that, as his snaps to the Qb in the shotgun have been erratic. Hasn't played as well the last two years since his uncle Steve resigned from assistant Oline coach job , after he had different of opinion with Oline coach .( didn't agree with their teaching methods)

Great to hear, only being a pass blocker isn't a real knock and I doubt he's so bad at run blocking. For instance, PFF on his week 11 performance last year:

Center: Stefen Wisniewski, OAK (+4.2)

Let himself down a tad with a hit allowed, but more than made up for it with some superb work in the run game that got him the highest grade of all centers this week.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/18/pff-team-of-week-11-2/

First guy?

Not a corner, one of these stud WRs or a QB?

I meant Iupati, but yeah a starting interior OLman would be a nice way to start. The stud CBs and WRs are going to take a little longer...Maybe they get a QB first THO just because the FAs will move fast.

Will Montgomery?  I know you guys love to sign Broncos, but that guy was part of one of the worst G rotations in history here back in '07.  The dark Adrien Clarke season.

Will Montgomery played center very well for the Bronos in 2014 and would be insurance /temporary solution till Raiders draft their center. They would probably like to draft Cam Erving but there is no guarantee he will be there with there second pick.

I did say Rodney Hudson would be Raiders first choice upgrading center in free agency.( again no guarantee they can sign him)

Rodney Hudson is joining the Rivers in SD. That one makes too much sense not to happen.

Jmo I see S Wisniewski ending up with the Chargers. The Chargers can't compete with the Raiders when it comes to salary they can offer Rodney Harrison.( way more money to play with). Your guess is as good as mine.

I'd rather sign a RT and slide Breno inside to play guard.

I'd rather do something that isn't a bad idea, though I wouldn't mind signing a RT.

Available RTs of interest:

James Carpenter (some talk of him at T)

Bulaga

Wow, actually the FA OT class just sucks. I like Carpenter some THO, not sure if actually at T.

This is the surest sign yet that we should get steppin to gettin Stefan.

Archived