2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He went 6.2 scoreless innings, retired 19 of the first 22 batters he faced, and waved his cap as he walked off the mound to a standing ovation. The past three days, the Yankees watched Masahiro Tanaka, Michael Pineda and CC Sabathia — supposed to be the team’s top three starters — stumble through ugly, high-scoring starts. Finally Nova returned and did what those three could not.

CC is becoming a massive problem.   Old, arm no longer works, owed years and big $$.   What do you do with that guy?

Joe Girardi has indicated the Yankees may carry a six-man bullpen while using a six-man rotation these next few days, so perhaps a position player is coming up. It can’t be Ramon Flores because of the ten-day rule. Maybe Gregorio Petit? I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. Intrigue! 

It's funny how much baseball has changed.  For years, you had a 5 man rotation with 5 man bullpen.

I think LaRussa in Oakland was the first I remember with a 6 man bullpen.

It's funny how much baseball has changed. For years, you had a 5 man rotation with 5 man bullpen.

The Yankees have activated Stephen Drew from the paternity list and recalled Gregorio Petit from Triple-A.

It's funny how much baseball has changed. For years, you had a 5 man rotation with 5 man bullpen.

LINEUP

C Brian McCann

1B Mark Teixeira

2B Stephen Drew

3B Chase Headley

SS Didi Gregorios

LF Chris Young

CF Brett Gardner

RF Carlos Beltran

DH Alex Rodriguez

BENCH

C John Ryan Murphy

INF Gregorio Petit

UT Jose Pirela

OF/1B Garrett Jones

ROTATION

Adam Warren

Nathan Eovaldi

Masahiro Tanaka

Michael Pineda

CC Sabathia

Ivan Nova

BULLPEN

Dellin Betances

Justin Wilson

Chasen Shreve

Chris Capuano

Bryan Mitchell

Nick Rumbelow

Warren unfairly has a lot riding on tomorrows start. I feel like if he has a poor start it gives the Yankees free excuse too put him in the bullpen. So I'm really really rooting for him tomorrow.

As expected Warren pitching well but no run support so far.

• The Yankees scored at least 10 runs for the sixth time this season and their second time this home stand. They have recorded at least 13 hits in six of their past seven games.

I think they forgot to bring their bats to Houston.

New York’s Masahiro Tanaka (4-3) opposes left-hander Brett Oberholtzer (2-1) when the series continues on Saturday. Tanaka will be pitching on extended rest of five days after tying career highs by allowing seven runs and 10 hits in a loss to Detroit on June 21.

Hopefully tanaka just having a slump and no medical problem

He was fine until the 5th inning

Injury Updates: Jacoby Ellsbury (knee) will run today and tomorrow. The Yankees will then decide whether he’s ready to begin a minor league rehab assignment … Andrew Miller (forearm) made 45 throws from 100 feet today and I assume everything went fine. We probably would have heard by now if it didn’t.

Correa is a stud. He will be a first Rd pick in fantasy next several years.

Brutal game to go to yesterday.

2 Hits.  A dropped fly ball that goes for a double and 2 base error.   Pineda looked a little tired after the 7th, but his pitch count wasn't that high, and the bullpen needed a breather.

Even the dome was too hot

Knew it was going to happen. Ego & Paychecl >>> common sense. Warren deserves that spot and Sabathia deserves to be put out to pasture.

Feel really bad for the kid. Hopefully he dominates in the pen again but still an ass move by the Yanks.

Feel really bad for the kid. Hopefully he dominates in the pen again but still an ass move by the Yanks.

It is, but I can't think of a single team that puts CC in the pen. This is baseball, this is Jeter batting second all season long when he should have been at the 8th or 9th spot for probably two seasons.  Ahh well, I'm sure he'll get his shot again, but I agree, it's a tough shake.  In better news, Nova is really looking strong through 5 against the Angels.  Really nasty bite on the sinker.

Archived