Cutting Harvin not an option

DaBallhawk

Has nothing to do with being scared of anybody. We'd be essentially giving him to NE for free. You don't see teams trading players within the division, doesn't matter who it is. It's just stupid, you don't give the team you want to beat more ammo to kick your own ass.

Absolutely living in fear.  

It's not living in fear, it's being smart. Teams don't strengthen their division rivals. And we don't not need Harvin, he's just too expensive to keep around.

so we sacrifice a 4th rounder just so he doesn't get signed by Patriots?  And that's not living in fear?  lol, okay, if you say so.  

Report: Percy Harvin to be released from the Jets

POSTED 1:06 PM, MARCH 6, 2015, BY Q13 FOX NEWS STAFFUPDATED AT 01:11PM, MARCH 6, 2015

•  
  •  
percy-harvin.jpg?w=400&h=225&crop=1

Wide receiver Percy Harvin #11 of the Seattle Seahawks returns the second half kickoff for 87 yards during the Pepsi Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show at MetLife Stadium against the Denver Broncos on February 2, 2014 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images)

NEW YORK — The New York Jets are expected to release former Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport tweeted Friday.

Rapoport said the move comes after the Jets reportedly acquired wide receiver Brandon Marshall from the Chicago Bears.

#Jets are expected to release WR Percy Harvin, sources say. Not a surprise given today’s Brandon Marshall trade. Will have an active market

Harvin played eight games with the Jets last season, after he was traded from Seattle.Harvin’s time with the Hawks was unsteady at best, with rumors of him fighting then teammate Golden Tate prior to Super Bowl XLVIII and others circulated following his departure. Harvin also missed most of the 2013 with a hip injury.

Harvin’s free agent signing was one of the most expensive in Seahawks history, with $25.5 million guaranteed, including a $12 million signing bonus.

There is absolutely no way we allow him to hit the FA market. We all know where he'll end up and nobody wants to see Brady throwing him the ball. I don't care what we get in return, I'll take a conditional 7th round pick in 2094 if that means we decide where he ends up. Just don't give him a choice.

OMG, I am so fuc&ing afraid of the mighty a$$ Patriots. They make me soil myself. Get a grip dude. Harvin isn't that good even when getting passes from the God-Like Tom Brady. Doouche.

There is absolutely no way we allow him to hit the FA market. We all know where he'll end up and nobody wants to see Brady throwing him the ball. I don't care what we get in return, I'll take a conditional 7th round pick in 2094 if that means we decide where he ends up. Just don't give him a choice.

If you want to run an organization into the ground you worry and fear what other teams are doing more than you do your own.  Who cares what happens to Harvin, he isn't a fit here, is too much money for what he does.  you don't keep a player purely b/c he might end up on a rival team.  That's just a bad way to run your organization.  

No, I said I want his ass traded. Somebody has to be willing to give up a worthless draft choice for him, even with his terrible contract. I'd be damned if in a league with teams like the Raiders, Jaguars, Buccs, we can't find somebody to take him off our roster.

NOBODY will trade for him. With that contract and the fact teams know we will cut him nobody will bite.

Archived