Jets and Texans frontrunners for QB Hoyer?

UnknownJetFan

I haven't see Hoyer a lot. But is he really worth it ?

I have seen some of Fitz.He is a decent QB with a smidge of brain farts in every game i have seen.

Who is better Hoyer OR Fitz.

Fitz...by a lot.

is anyone else getting concerned that we keep hearing that we're in the running for a lot of guys but not landing any?

I know it's early...but it seems guys keep getting signed that we are "showing interest"  No idea how real those reports are, or what it means...

But I must admit I'm starting to get a little concerned.

Yeah, trying not to worry this early on but we've supposedly swung and missed on a few players already.

The only one that's off the board that I was hoping for was McCourty. 

I totally agree with that...so no need to panick...But what I want and what our front office wants are two different things....

Are they targeting players and losing? Or is there basic interest but not primary...

certainly hope for the later...and totally agree, not ready to panick at all just feeling out others thoughts.

The only one that's off the board that I was hoping for was McCourty. 

Read a tweet this morning saying Jets made a push for Orlando Franklin but he went with SD and of course struggling to get Hoyer?  Ugh..

I totally agree with that...so no need to panick...But what I want and what our front office wants are two different things....

Are they targeting players and losing? Or is there basic interest but not primary...

certainly hope for the later...and totally agree, not ready to panick at all just feeling out others thoughts.

If, big if here, your fears are correct, then the reason is obvious. New GM, head coach, cleaned house of many incompetents in off season. But one constant remains.Unfortunately, he can't be fired.

I wonder if the Jets are being extremely cautious about announcing deals early given the Revis tampering allegations.

I get the purpose of Hoyer, but given a choice between him and Fitzpatrick I'd prefer Fitz. Locker wouldn't be awful either. But it's not like there are any tremendous options out there.

Hoyer last 6 starts of 2014:

2 TD

9 INT

The texans did us a favor. He is not worse than Geno, he is significantly worse than Matt Simms.

Seriously, the grass is not always greener.

I'll take the 25 year old that sucks over the 30 year old that sucks. Every. Single. Time.

Seriously, the grass is not always greener.

I'll take the 25 year old that sucks over the 30 year old that sucks. Every. Single. Time.

Hoyer was by far the worst qb in the nfl second half last season until Johnny Football went on a jack and cocaine bender the night before his first start.

Brian Hoyer is terrible. I don't know what O'Brien is thinking no wonder Andre wants out.

Hoyer was by far the worst qb in the nfl second half last season until Johnny Football went on a jack and cocaine bender the night before his first start.

Brian Hoyer is terrible. I don't know what O'Brien is thinking no wonder Andre wants out.

He doesn't want out. He's being cut and he's not happy about it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477445/article/andre-johnson-frustrated-with-treatment-of-nfl-vets

He makes some good points.

I hope you are not referring to guaranteed contracts where you have guys past their prime taking up cap dollars from more deserving players.

I'm more talking about where he says that people say athletes should honor their contracts but never say it about teams.

I'm more talking about where he says that people say athletes should honor their contracts but never say it about teams.

Well because the long term contracts that the player signs is actually a series of one year contracts with a team option every year.  The teams do honor the contracts. The contract allows the players to be cut. If a player wants a guaranteed contract I am sure he can get one, or one with an option to opt out after every year, just not for as much money or a signing bonus.  The player gambles that he will still be worth that money years down the road and then they get mad when they roll snake eyes.

What I would be in favor of is a sliding scale cap hit for a player that has been with his home team for ten years or more maybe 10% less cap hit every year. so that if he is making 15 mill he would only hit the cap for 13.5M, the 12 year he would hit the cap for 12.1 etc. And only for existing contract length, I don't want manning or Brady being able to benefit .

Archived