You want Revis Back with Jets?

SouthernJet

You want Revis back with Jets?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. You want Revis back with Jets?

• Yes, I could give a rats ass about past
    • No, too much bad blood has flowed under bridge

1) We need to spend a lot of cap this year.  Just to hit the floor.  

2) The cap isn't getting smaller next year or the year after.

3) I'd rather pay a few great players too much than spread it around for too many JAGs

4) even if we pay Revis $14MM this year and next, we will have enough to pay Wilk and anyone else we need to.

5) By the time this deal might start to hurt our cap, we will be able to step away from it (can't see this being more than a four year deal and year 4 should be cap-friendly to cut)

So basically, I see no reason NOT to sign Revis.

Oh yeah...

6) He's still far and away the best option available at CB and we need another CB really badly.

The fact that he would stay in NE if the offers are comparable is indigestible to me.

That friggin guy held out on the Jets multiple times for every nickel. Now the Jets are supposed to beg, grovel, and throw an obscene amount of extra money at him while he wears a cubic zirconium Cheatriots Super Bowl ring? I believe that to be a huge FU to the Jets and us fans. Surprised more dont feel that way.

Eff Darrelle Revis.

Who cares about the cap money.  The Jets did not spend last year to spend this year and the cap went up $20MM to boot.  5 year $70MM with $35 guaranteed does it and we would be set at corner for the next 5 years.  The way the TV deals are going and having the Jags move to London only will expand the NFL revenue and three years down the road this deal will be a afterthought.  The NFL is a win now league and it would be nice to get the pieces to get a home playoff game.  Also better to spend on a known player then take a flyer on multiple players.  Add the Johnson, Harvin and Goodson contracts from last year and you have Revis at the same price.

Nailed this one. Great deal in today's NFL.

Archived