Are the Jets going to get charged for tampering?

bealeb319

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You club is crying foul after being involved in a NFL investigation yourself? And speaking of which, ask yourself, which investigation is more important to the Health and Reputation of the League?

Deflategate without a doubt. But what does one have to do with the other.  The NFL will rule in 2 weeks on deflategate during the league meetings. .They will also rule on the browns texting, Falcons piping in noise and Woody's comments from 6 weeks ago.

Deflategate without a doubt. But what does one have to do with the other. The NFL will rule in 2 weeks on deflategate during the league meetings. .They will also rule on the browns texting, Falcons piping in noise and Woody's comments from 6 weeks ago.

You're still here? Don't you have something better to do? Go watch the NCAA tournaments or something? It's baseball season not football. Doesn't anybody up there follow the Revolution? Speaking of tampering..... How did NE end up with Jermaine Jones when he already had a contract with Chicago. Ask Kraft that.

You're still here? Don't you have something better to do? Go watch the NCAA tournaments or something? It's baseball season not football. Doesn't anybody up there follow the Revolution? Speaking of tampering..... How did NE end up with Jermaine Jones when he already had a contract with Chicago. Ask Kraft that.

You asked me the question. I never heard of this guy, what year was he on the pats?

I doubt it's anything major, most likely a fine.  Woody can always argue that he was goaded by a reporter and the questioning was leading, so it wasn't like he was trying to plant something in the media so Revis could see it.  

Second, the Pats held the option, they didn't have to actually release him at that point, and could've kept him on the roster at the option price, and negated any possible tampering effects.  If it was Revis that held the option, and he signed for something that had an annual value larger than the option, then sure.  But his annual value is less than what he would've made with the Pats with the option.   

Just because the it's the Pats, I'm sure they'll do their investigating and heavily fine Johnson, which is like nothing for him.  But I think there isn't enough evidence (unless their investigation reveals Johnson was contacting Revis and his agents secretly) to actually take away draft picks, especially with Deflategate being swept under the rug.  Whatever happened to the NFL being irate about it?  

The whole 24 hours before FA investigation thing is a joke, Like I said earlier in the thread 8 other teams talked contract when they were not supposed to.  The only reason it got reported by the media is that they were already being charged with tampering regarding Woody's press conference. And Deflate gate like every other issue will be addressed during the league meetings in March. Just like spygate, bounty gate, the Sf and detroit Tampering charges, and the SF and Denver salary cap punishments.

This year it will be the Browns, Falcons, Jets and Deflategate. All league rule violations are handled during the March meetings, been like that forever.

Woody can't argue to hard about being goaded, the league warned him 9 months prior about Desean Jackson. Theeagles did not press charges so all he got was a warning.

You asked me the question. I never heard of this guy, what year was he on the pats?

Robert Kraft owns the MLS NE Revolution. Last year, they got to the Finals after signing some US International players. Jermaine Jones, one of the players they signed, wasn't even linked with the club. He was set to sign with the Chicago Fire. The commissioner, Don Garber who is good friends with Robert Kraft, voided the deal and awarded the rights to New England. As well as another player, Charlie Davies, who should have been allocated to a lesser team. The Revolution went to the Cup Final and Kraft, (polled the worst MLS owner) is in talks to build a public stadium. Now, again, I realize we are talking about the Pats, but you're owner carries a train of sh_t behind him that could fertilize the entire Middle East!

Robert Kraft owns the MLS NE Revolution. Last year, they got to the Finals after signing some US International players. Jermaine Jones, one of the players they signed, wasn't even linked with the club. He was set to sign with the Chicago Fire. The commissioner, Don Garber who is good friends with Robert Kraft, voided the deal and awarded the rights to New England. As well as another player, Charlie Davies, who should have been allocated to a lesser team. The Revolution went to the Cup Final and Kraft, (polled the worst MLS owner) is in talks to build a public stadium. Now, again, I realize we are talking about the Pats, but you're owner carries a train of sh_t behind him that could fertilize the entire Middle East!

I only follow football, I do know that he owns the Revolution, but fat chance a public stadium ever gets built in Mass,

I only follow football, I do know that he owns the Revolution, but fat chance a public stadium ever gets built in Mass,

Yeah. At least we agree on something there. If the team wasn't one of the original ten, I doubt they'd still be there. I can think of about 5 towns that are more deserving.

You do understand the the colts footballs were in a truck all night and were not delivered to the stadium along with the players until 3:20 in the afternoon, the balls had to be delivered to the refs by 4:00, 2 1/4 hours before the start of the game.  Those footballs were already cold as the outside temp, they would not deflate due to the temp variation that the patriot footballs that were delivered from a warm locker room.     And no one has said that the colts footballs did not deflate, only that they did not deflate past 12.5PSI.  If they were filled closer to the the max as Luck, Rogers and Big Ben like, they could have lost a 1b and still been in spec. 

What you have to ask is why when Grigson notified the league office (Mike Kensil) that he had concerns about the patriot footballs, why did Kensil allow 1/2 of the game to be played before checking the balls. And how come the league office did not notify the refs to note and write down the pressures when they checked them prior to the game? Kensil never even told Blandino about the Colts concerns prior to the game.  How he could allow the patriots to have what some consider a competitive advantage for a half needs to be explained.   How come kensil was the only one to check the balls and not the game refs?

Wait what??? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Thats good stuff man, good stuff. Second time caught cheating, like I said everyone outside of Boston thinks of you guys as fake champs. Everyone. 

If the patriots were smart they would keep quiet because they cheated yet again and in the playoffs no less. Lucky for them the nfl has no balls to punish them because they were given a super bowl.....oops i mean they won lol

I heard NFL has balls, albeit deflated ones?

If the patriots were smart they would keep quiet because they cheated yet again and in the playoffs no less. Lucky for them the nfl has no balls to punish them because they were given a super bowl.....oops i mean they won lol

I heard NFL has balls, albeit deflated ones?

Probably a fine. If we lose a draft pick and Pats don't get any punishment for Deflategate then Woody should put in a formal compliant to Baddell that this is BS. If we did lose a draft pick it can't be higher than a 7th I would think.

The Jets shouldn't lose a draft pick because a bunch of morons in the media reported baseless rumors to smear the Patriots without evidence to drive up ratings? In case you aren't aware, all the FACTS that have come out about "deflate gate" clear the Patriots of any wrong doing.

An NFL official STOLE the footballs to sell for personal gain, then other officials replaced the stolen game balls with other balls that were used. None of these balls were tested or recorded by the officials. This has NOTHING to do with any wrong doing by the Patriots.

So why should the Jets get a pass on tampering because Bettis has an axe to grind on ESPN and has no journalistic integrity?

What does one have to do with the other? 

Answer: Nothing

I know the NFL currently has officials at the Jets facility investigating but will we actually be charged? If we do get charged how bad can the punishment be?

Nothing will come of this.  Look at deflate - it died a slow death and so will this one.

The Jets shouldn't lose a draft pick because a bunch of morons in the media reported baseless rumors to smear the Patriots without evidence to drive up ratings? In case you aren't aware, all the FACTS that have come out about "deflate gate" clear the Patriots of any wrong doing.

An NFL official STOLE the footballs to sell for personal gain, then other officials replaced the stolen game balls with other balls that were used. None of these balls were tested or recorded by the officials. This has NOTHING to do with any wrong doing by the Patriots.

So why should the Jets get a pass on tampering because Bettis has an axe to grind on ESPN and has no journalistic integrity?

What does one have to do with the other?

Answer: Nothing

Wrong. I think you may be the dumbest of all our Pat fan friends .

Nothing will come of this.  Look at deflate - it died a slow death and so will this one.

Deflategate has not died. The findings will be announced during the league meetings in March. The only thing that has died is the media leaks.

Not that normal legal practices apply to this situation, but exactly what  are the damages suffered by the Pats?  Irrespective of Woody's off the cuff remark, Revis would have been in play anyway.  The Pats never even made an offer, because they knew they could not afford him.  No harm, no foul.

I don't know what you mean by normal legal practices, it is not illegal for the jets or any football team to contact any player at any time.  It is just against a league rule. And why shouldn't Woody's remarks to the press in both the desean jackson and Revis events not be considered heavily. It is a hell of a coincidence, don't you think.

Revis mentioned a couple of times during the year that his first stop after leaving Tampa was the jets, and the pats were his 2nd choice. The previous regime did not want him back. Woody then fires the previous regime, says that they made a mistake in not signing Revis after being cut by Tampa, but those guys are fired and he would welcome him back, he even made a point that he would have signed him for the 2 year 32 mill deal. Revis got 100% confirmation that the owner of the Jets, his first choice to play for will sign him to a 2 year 32 mill deal.  Does that not put the pats in a more difficult situation.  If Woody said that he hoped revis would eat sh*t and die for the problems he caused in NY, do you think that would have helped the pats.

I don't know what you mean by normal legal practices, it is not illegal for the jets or any football team to contact any player at any time.  It is just against a league rule. And why shouldn't Woody's remarks to the press in both the desean jackson and Revis events not be considered heavily. It is a hell of a coincidence, don't you think.

Revis mentioned a couple of times during the year that his first stop after leaving Tampa was the jets, and the pats were his 2nd choice. The previous regime did not want him back. Woody then fires the previous regime, says that they made a mistake in not signing Revis after being cut by Tampa, but those guys are fired and he would welcome him back, he even made a point that he would have signed him for the 2 year 32 mill deal. Revis got 100% confirmation that the owner of the Jets, his first choice to play for will sign him to a 2 year 32 mill deal.  Does that not put the pats in a more difficult situation.  If Woody said that he hoped revis would eat sh*t and die for the problems he caused in NY, do you think that would have helped the pats.

The Patriots did not pick up his option, so Revis was going to go to the open market regardless of any meaningless comments.  Also what did the NFL do to Jimmy Jones when he SPOKE with Adrian Petterson last year?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/28/jerry-jones-admits-to-talking-to-adrian-peterson-doesnt-address-the-key-issue/

Pats fans are going to end up blue balled on this. Maybe Woody gets a $25K fine for being stupid, but the idea that they'll get some kind of high round draft compensation is laughable. They're listening to too much of their own radio up in Boston. There is zero precedent for that kind of penalty in previous cases and this is one of the weakest tampering arguments I can recall. If Goodell tries to be heavy handed because Kraft sucks him off weekly, the Jets will appeal and win.

Revis presented his demands as 40 mill guaranteed  over three years on Monday. Gee those numbers sound familiar, the same as Mehta had the day before, and the same numbers as what the jets signed him to. What a coincidence!  do you think Mehta is clairvoyant?

Mehta is well known for his pin point accuracy with reporting.

The Patriots did not pick up his option, so Revis was going to go to the open market regardless of any meaningless comments.  Also what did the NFL do to Jimmy Jones when he SPOKE with Adrian Petterson last year?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/28/jerry-jones-admits-to-talking-to-adrian-peterson-doesnt-address-the-key-issue/

First the vikings did not press charges, the league does nothing in issues between two clubs unless a team asks the league to do so. Just like last year when Woody said that he is interested in Jackson, Philly did not press charges. And there is a big difference in Adrian Peterson calling a college booster, who told Adrian that jerry jones was in the room. Jones did not initiate the conversation, I find that more akin to a opposing player shaking his hand after the game and saying that he would love to play for him and have the thought reciprocated, tampering yes but what would an owner or coach supposed to say.

That is not calling a press conference announcing the firing of a GM that told the player no thanks, and then saying that guy is gone and he made mistakes and one of them was not hiring revis and he now would love to have Revis back.

Do you know that Detroit had to switch 3rds and gave up a 5th with KC just because an assistant coach said that if players are cut from KC he would like to have them in Detroit, He did not say names or anything. And an assistant coach could not sign a player if his life depended on it.  How do you think Detroit would feel if the jets skated after woody mentioned Revis by name,  and even noted the money that he would pay him. Detroit would be pissed .

Pats fans are going to end up blue balled on this. Maybe Woody gets a $25K fine for being stupid, but the idea that they'll get some kind of high round draft compensation is laughable. They're listening to too much of their own radio up in Boston. There is zero precedent for that kind of penalty in previous cases and this is one of the weakest tampering arguments I can recall. If Goodell tries to be heavy handed because Kraft sucks him off weekly, the Jets will appeal and win.

This is one of the strongest case of tampering that ever occurred since Parcells.

From the league’s anti-tampering policy: “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of this Anti-Tampering Policy. (Example of a prohibited comment: ‘He’s an excellent player, and we’d very much like to have him if he were available, but another club holds his rights.’)”

Telling a member of the media something is practically the same as telling the players agent, Woody got the word to Sean Gilbert without picking up a phone. And no worries that Gilbert was going to be pissed over the jets refusal to sign Revis last year and turning him in for illegal contact. Which nobody would put past Revis Uncle. 

funny how any past* fan talks about anything the conversation becomes "screw you, they cheat"

enjoy that until the day you die suckers !!!!!

I do enjoy it, that is why I post here.  Astrisks, tainted, cheating, tampering, good fun topics. 

What has been posted at Patsfans that is funny to us is that this years jet's offseason championship is tainted due to the tampering charge. We may have to put an asterisk on any fans proclamations that the jets won the offseason again. 

First the vikings did not press charges, the league does nothing in issues between two clubs unless a team asks the league to do so. Just like last year when Woody said that he is interested in Jackson, Philly did not press charges. And there is a big difference in Adrian Peterson calling a college booster, who told Adrian that jerry jones was in the room. Jones did not initiate the conversation, I find that more akin to a opposing player shaking his hand after the game and saying that he would love to play for him and have the thought reciprocated, tampering yes but what would an owner or coach supposed to say.

That is not calling a press conference announcing the firing of a GM that told the player no thanks, and then saying that guy is gone and he made mistakes and one of them was not hiring revis and he now would love to have Revis back.

Do you know that Detroit had to switch 3rds and gave up a 5th with KC just because an assistant coach said that if players are cut from KC he would like to have them in Detroit, He did not say names or anything. And an assistant coach could not sign a player if his life depended on it.  How do you think Detroit would feel if the jets skated after woody mentioned Revis by name,  and even noted the money that he would pay him. Detroit would be pissed .

Honestly this is a tired topic. Whatever happens, happens.

I do enjoy it, that is why I post here.  Astrisks, tainted, cheating, tampering, good fun topics. 

What has been posted at Patsfans that is funny to us is that this years jet's offseason championship is tainted due to the tampering charge. We may have to put an asterisk on any fans proclamations that the jets won the offseason again. 

screw you, they cheat

Honestly this is a tired topic. Whatever happens, happens.

The jets got Revis, that is the only thing that really matters. If the jets are forced to switch 3rds and it gave them a 10% better chance to get Revis back it was worth it.

The results of the tampering investigation will come in at around the same time as deflate-hate investigation - 2050. No team has violated rules like the Patriots*.  If Goodell has the balls to penalize the Jets after the Patriots* disgraced the league during their showcase event, The Super Bowl, when deflategate dominated the sports talk shows, everyone will know it's a travesty.  Besides, we have Revis and they don't. Ha! Ha! on them!

The jets got Revis, that is the only thing that really matters. If the jets are forced to switch 3rds and it gave them a 10% better chance to get Revis back it was worth it.

Lets see how this turns out. I don't think it will result in draft picks, but who knows?

I do enjoy it, that is why I post here. Astrisks, tainted, cheating, tampering, good fun topics.

The asterisk's are priceless.

Archived