Belichick “disappointed” that owners don’t want to pay for cameras

CanadienJetsFan

Let the one liners begin...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/24/belichick-disappointed-that-owners-dont-want-to-pay-for-cameras/

Patriots coach Bill Belichick has long advocated putting fixed cameras on the sidelines, goal lines and end lines in every NFL stadium, to give referees better replay angles when reviewing close calls. And Belichick isn’t happy that some owners say they don’t want to spend the money to pay for those cameras.

Asked about Giants owner John Mara’s statement that those cameras would be too expensive, Belichick sounded dismissive of such a claim.

“I was disappointed to hear that we can’t afford that, as a league,” Belichick said. “It was kind of surprising to hear that.”

There’s still a chance that Belichick’s proposal will pass, but Mara’s statement indicated that it’s unlikely. The NFL is a multibillion-dollar business, but the owners apparently don’t think adding some cameras is worth the cost.

Email

The league knows that somehow, bellicheat will use those cameras to gain a "competitive advantage". The whole cost is a red herring. No-one wants to say that there is NO WAY we are gonna give this guy another camera! Wasn't it Brady who was a key moved in getting the latitude to "adjust" balls. The owners who are honest with themselves will NEVER make a rule change based on what this dirtbag team suggests....

Let the one liners begin...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/24/belichick-disappointed-that-owners-dont-want-to-pay-for-cameras/

Patriots coach Bill Belichick has long advocated putting fixed cameras on the sidelines, goal lines and end lines in every NFL stadium, to give referees better replay angles when reviewing close calls. And Belichick isn’t happy that some owners say they don’t want to spend the money to pay for those cameras.

Asked about Giants owner John Mara’s statement that those cameras would be too expensive, Belichick sounded dismissive of such a claim.

“I was disappointed to hear that we can’t afford that, as a league,” Belichick said. “It was kind of surprising to hear that.”

There’s still a chance that Belichick’s proposal will pass, but Mara’s statement indicated that it’s unlikely. The NFL is a multibillion-dollar business, but the owners apparently don’t think adding some cameras is worth the cost.

Email

I actually think it's a good idea.

And the owners saying it's too expensive?   Most are in stadiums that cost half a billion and up, with team payrolls over 140 million.  But a couple cameras.. Too much. 

Good for him. He's right. $10B business taking the cheap way out. Meanwhile their product is deteriorating with 70 year old out of shape officials trying to keep up with a game that's becoming faster each year.

Word.  I could not keep up with my kid's youth soccer when I ref'd.

Gotta agree with Belicheat on this one.  They need to do everything they can to remove the possibility of bad officiating.

Eventually, years from now, they may put another ref in the crew upstairs and have him review calls like pass interference quickly.  One terrible call in a big playoff game is all it takes.

Archived