Which draft would you choose?

Paradis

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which draft would you choose?

• OPTION #1
    • OPTION #2
    • OPTION #3
    • OPTION #4

My guess is it's a bit like "money ball" where you have metrics vs. scouts (tape).

I keep recommending this, but if anyone thinks that the draft war room is full of geniuses, you should watch Finding Giants. The amount of derp slung between those scouts right before making a selection is absurd.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep recommending this, but if anyone thinks that the draft war room is full of geniuses, you should watch Finding Giants. The amount of derp slung between those scouts right before making a selection is absurd.

and that's a team that wins Super Bowls

The thing is that at least those guys are shameless. You get more than one idiot in a room that pretends he knows what numbers mean and that's what really throws everything to sh*t. That's actually what makes the "I don't get it" scene in Big so brilliant; adults are incapable of comprehending that ******* idea.

We did. Doesn't surprise me. Like I said, based on the Texans picks we've got to go on, it seems like Maccagnan is hip.

How would/shoud you factor in Gregory's transgressions or is that not your thing. If Beasley and Cooper are gone...

That was actually my first comp watching him too. I don't see Chandler Jones but even if that is his upside, at 6? Really?

I don't get how or why people are so willfully dismissing freely available info. The NFL draft is hard enough without resorting to smoke and mirrors where you don't have to.

Doesn't have the length of a Chandler Jones, unless I'm guessing wrong. I can't see that one at all and yeah - not worth anywhere near the 6th pick. Fuuuuuck that

How would/shoud you factor in Gregory's transgressions or is that not your thing. If Beasley and Cooper are gone...

In an absolute sense I have no idea but you have to figure that at least some undue weight is being given to the Gordon thing so he's probably undervalued as a result. I go Dupree at 6 unless Williams is the one that falls and we can't move, in which case I guess I'm seriously considering Gregory.

Shane Ray's even worse.

I'd be done until the next GM and coach show up if Ray was the pick. The Cubs are about to be good so it'll be easier. I bet baseball playoffs and chasing Jason Heyward in FA will be more exciting than a Jets team that uses the 6th (or really, any of their first three or four picks) on Ray.

I think you guys are underselling what Fowler could bring playing alongside/behind Richardson. Granted, I'd prefer to use the luxury of Richadson to stick the freaky pass rusher (even if they're not great against the run) in that spot, but a Fowler/Sheldon tandem would kill people.

I really do think Randy Gregory is a stud player in the league. He, Dupree, and Cooper are the three prospects most worthwhile in this draft off the top of my head...probably Collins the CB too, but the Jets aren't looking that way so I don't care.

Have the Jets even brought in Gregory?

2003 – OLB Terrell Suggsicon-article-link.gif

Suggs’ 40-yard dash at the combine gave some talent evaluators pause. He ran it in the dragging 4.8-second range. He had an average vertical jump (33 inches) and just 19 bench press reps of 225 pounds. The average is around 25 for defensive linemen. Suggs slid a little bit in the draft and was scooped up by the Ravens at pick No. 10. His speed hasn’t proven to be a problem.

Fowler reminds me of a faster, more dynamic Suggs

Terrell Suggs put up 40 sacks in college by the age of 20. Fowler has less than half of that at the same age.

I really do think Randy Gregory is a stud player in the league. He, Dupree, and Cooper are the three prospects most worthwhile in this draft off the top of my head...probably Collins the CB too, but the Jets aren't looking that way so I don't care.

Have the Jets even brought in Gregory?

Yes. I don't know a thing about the guy but it looks like Kevin Johnson is gonna be the first corner.

Terrell Suggs put up 40 sacks in college by the age of 20. Fowler has less than half of that at the same age.

Are you really going to compare player stats 13 years removed from one another?? LOL

Once again! Gato = # Science.

Pac-12 wasn't anywhere near what it is today.

Are you really going to compare player stats 13 years removed from one another?? LOL

Once again! Gato = # Science.

Pac-12 wasn't anywhere near what it is today.

Oh, OK then. No doubt that covers the 25+ sack difference. 40 sack twenty year old college players were and are all over the place!

Archived