Is this why Leonard Williams dropped in the draft?

Raideraholic

Williams dropped because:

1- the top 2 teams needed QBs and there were 2 highly rated QBs available. An 8/10 QB prospect will always go ahead of a 10/10 DL prospect and if the Jets were picking at 1 or 2 the would have done the same as Tenn and TB.

2- The raiders are retarded and wanted to to pair a stud WR with their young QB

3- The Redskins are retarded and reached for a OL to help protect RG3.

4- Fowler was probably as gifted a player as Williams in the Jaguars eyes.

If Williams shoulder was 100pct, I would bet the draft goes down the exact same way.

Williams 'dropped' because he's a defensive tackle and an average athlete. This kind of player going sixth isn't really so low as to require explanation even if everybody's as high on him as they were on Williams.

Williams 'dropped' because he's a defensive tackle and an average athlete. This kind of player going sixth isn't really so low as to require explanation even if everybody's as high on him as they were on Williams.

Feels similar to the Rams taking Donald last year. 

Jets No. 6 overall pick DE Leonard Williams is believed to have a shoulder issue that "might slow [his] development a bit."

Dr. David Chao also passed along a report Thursday night that Williams is believed to have labrum tears in both shoulders. That would obviously be an extreme cause for concern, but NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets don't believe Williams' shoulder problem is a "long-term concern." With RE Muhammad Wilkerson and LE Sheldon Richardson, the Jets can take it slow with Williams. May 1 - 10:30 AM

With Jets depth on the defense line they could afford to go slow with Williams, that other teams might not be able to do.

the operative word here would be "believed"

he obviously hasn't examined him or seen any images

I heard last night that he had shoulder issues and "some teams" were concerned.  I would have to assume the jets knew about it, as they had williams in for a visit.  I wish I could be more confident in the teams docs, but after dr yes and failing heath miller, I have the jitters lol

he dropped because the bucs simply had to get a QB, the tians owner wanted mariota, fowler is an edge rusher, raiders love the WR, and redksins want to give RGIII a prayer

I was really bummed with this pick last night, but the more I read and hear about this guy the better I feel

That's the thing. Everybody knew Donald's size was going to cause him to get drafted lower than his tape. Nobody was projecting him to get picked second or third.

Right. Still was a great pick though. If Williams goes out and wins DROY we'll be happy no?

Great we lost a potential #1 WR and let another potential #1 WR slip to the Dolphins. We should have re-signed Mo Wilk Taken White and went pass rusher in round 2. If LW is the best player in the draft i cant see how he fell to us, if the Skins and Raiders passed on him that makes me nervous. The skins have a great talent evaluator in Scot McCloughan, so its not the Skins of old. Now we have a potential problem with new management and Veteran players, they are toying with Mo. If they trade Mo this would be a terrible pick in my opinion. Now he has possible injury issues, wonderful!

Look how many people passed on Marino come to think of it Namath was damaged good with 2 bad knees when we drafted him.. Wesley Walker was blind in one eye..How did they work out??

Um he's a DE and an extremely athletic player. Truly rare amount of athleticism at his position. He is not beating Brashard Perryman in the 40 yard dash, but he is super athletic.

On whether he is healthy enough to participate in rookie camp fully after not lifting at the combine…

I didn’t lift at the combine because of a personal decision. It wasn’t because I was injured. When I was training for the combine, there were no hinderances or anything like that. It was full go, so coming next week when rookie camp starts, I’m full go. 

On why he thinks teams passed on him…

I’m really not sure. I heard rumors that it could have possibly been because of my shoulder, but I played a whole season after surgery with no problems on it so I feel like that wasn’t a part of it. It doesn’t matter. Going top 10 or even being drafted in the first round means a lot to me and it’s a dream come true. I think everything happens for a reason and I feel like it is going to be a great fit playing for the Jets. 

Look how many people passed on Marino come to think of it Namath was damaged good with 2 bad knees when we drafted him.. Wesley Walker was blind in one eye..How did they work out??

I figured I get sh*t for this post. Look, I don't hate the pick I was hoping for K White but LW upside is tremendous and I know it's was the right move taking him.

Archived