After the QB position, which positions do you believe are most valuable in the NFL?

papz187

Tough question.

Obviously QB position is the most valuable position by far, but, in your opinion, what is the second most valuable? 3rd? 4th?

I would probably go Offensive line, more particular Left Tackle. They protect the traditional QBs blind side, and when you can win up front you will have a chance at positive yards every play. A great offensive line can separate the good teams from the great teams.

Next would go probably Cornerback. It's today's passing game you need guys that can cover. If you have an elite, true #1 Corner you have a big advantage as you can limit or even tale away an opponents top target.

Right up there with Corner is Pass Rusher. Same idea as Corner, in today's passing game an elite edge rusher can neutralize the pass game by disrupting their timing and rhythm. If your team plays a 4-3 then it would be Defensive End. It your team plays a 3-4 then it would be the Outside backer.

So that's where I'd place my value.....which positions do you rank 2, 3 and 4?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

"OL" is a bad answer.

"LT" is the right one.

Not sure I 100% agree with that anymore. That used to be true, but teams really move their rushers around, so I think they are all really important now. LT is likely still slightly ahead but after QB OL is most important as a cohesive group.

The mic'd linebacker..he calls the plays for the defense n tells em where to go.

Left tackle..the guy protecting your QBs blind side.

Yeah I almost went with the MLB/ILB.....guys like Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Vilma, Zac Thomas were invaluable to their teams.....but in today's game it feels the pass rusher has become more valuable than the backers in the middle. I guess if you have a Luke Kuechley he would be on that tier value wise, but there aren't many of them I can think of.

I'd still put Left Tackle second for position, and Offensive Line as the most important positional group (other than QB obviously). If you can dominate at the LOS you'll win a lot more than not.....and if you have a top tier QB he is just as ineffective as the 32nd QB if you can't protect him unless the guy can move like Rodgers, Wilson, etc.

Yeah I almost went with the MLB/ILB.....guys like Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Vilma, Zac Thomas were invaluable to their teams.....but in today's game it feels the pass rusher has become more valuable than the backers in the middle. I guess if you have a Luke Kuechley he would be on that tier value wise, but there aren't many of them I can think of.

I'd still put Left Tackle second for position, and Offensive Line as the most important positional group (other than QB obviously). If you can dominate at the LOS you'll win a lot more than not.....and if you have a top tier QB he is just as ineffective as the 32nd QB if you can't protect him unless the guy can move like Rodgers, Wilson, etc.

Yea i would have left tackle second n yea you couldn't go wrong with a pass rusher since the league is driven more toward the QB.

Archived