Mehta: Rex and Bills in position to take AFC East (LOL)

Jetsfan80

Any competitor would, and Rex is a very intense competitor. Jeanie...question about your Sabres. The fans up there must be livid that they tanked the season to get McDavid and end up with the 3rd pick, huh? Won't even get Jack Eichel now.

Buffalo will get Eichel.  You can only drop one spot, they were last overall.  Arizona is the team that got screwed out of one of the top two picks.  The Oilers moved from 3rd to 1st, Buffalo moved from 1st to 2nd and Arizona from 2nd to 3rd.

I just happen to live in Edmonton and be an Oilers fan.  The melt down of the hockey world when the Oilers won the drat lottery was tremendous.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Bills will go 11-5 in 2015.  Here are my predictions 

We Play                                  Results for Bills

Colts                                       Lose

Patriots                                   Win

Dolphins                                  Lose

Giants                                     Win

Titans                                     Win 

Bengals                                  Win

Jaguars                                  Win

Dolphins                                  Win

Jets                                         Win

Patriots                                    Lose

Chiefs                                      Lose

Texans                                   Win

Eagles                                     Win

Seahawks                                Lose

Cowboys                                 Win

I agree on the premise that it is the Bills division to lose.  They are supposed to be a team on the upswing that has added talent, add in the talk from the HC.  Their expectations are super high, all the pressure is on them. If they don't at least make the playoffs, their season is a huge failure.  I'd rather not have that pressure honestly.  I like being in the position of the unknown.  Sure the Jets have added a lot of pieces, but these guys haven't been playing together for several years like the guys upstate. 

I live upstate and the news around here seems to be that we should make the playoffs this year.  After a 15 year draught,  I'll take it.  

I think the Bills will go 11-5 in 2015. Here are my predictions

We Play Results for Bills

Colts Lose

Patriots Win

Dolphins Lose

Giants Win

Titans Win

Bengals Win

Jaguars Win

Dolphins Win

Jets Win

Patriots Lose

Chiefs Lose

Texans Win

Eagles Win

Seahawks Lose

Cowboys Win

Jets Win

Remember this post, Jeanie, so when you're 5-9 in December and Rex has Sal Maiorana writing daily article about how 5-9 with no QB is overachieving, you can look back and say, "Hey, Sal, that seems disingenuous!"

I think the Bills will go 11-5 in 2015.  Here are my predictions 

We Play                                  Results for Bills

Colts                                       Lose

Patriots                                   Win

Dolphins                                  Lose

Giants                                     Win

Titans                                     Win 

Bengals                                  Win

Jaguars                                  Win

Dolphins                                  Win

Patriots                                    Lose

Chiefs                                      Lose

Texans                                   Win

Eagles                                     Win

Seahawks                                Lose

Cowboys                                 Win

remember the game where the bills had 20 minutes to get ready and rex had 2 weeks ?  what did you think of the jets after that game ?

Remember this post, Jeanie, so when you're 5-9 in December and Rex has Sal Maiorana writing daily article about how 5-9 with no QB is overachieving, you can look back and say, "Hey, Sal, that seems disingenuous!"

Tom:  I really think Tryod Taylor is going to work very well with our offense. Icognito is a beast.  We have LeSean McCoy and Sammy Watkins as wide receivers.  If interested,  take a look at Karlos Wiliams (recently acquired in the draft).  Won't be surprised if this kid starts this year.  I think we're going (playoffs) this year.

Tom: I really think Tryod Taylor is going to work very well with our offense. Icognito is a beast. We have LeSean McCoy and Sammy Watkins as wide receivers. If interested, take a look at Karlos Wiliams (recently acquired in the draft). Won't be surprised if this kid starts this year. I think we're going (playoffs) this year.

How did rookie minicamp go? Is it true that your tightly-knit front office/coaching unit had only one D-II QB throwing to the point he broke down the first day? Is it also true that team of professionals could only wrangle up 4 offensive linemen, necessitating one of the DL to swing over every series to pretend he was a guard just so your team could run a drill? Isn't it also true that Ronald Darby demonstrated poor technique and showed an inability to get his head around? And isn't it also true that overdrafted Clemson kid Tony Steward showed up late?

remember the game where the bills had 20 minutes to get ready and rex had 2 weeks ?  what did you think of the jets after that game ?

I try not to think about it  :winking0001:   All kidding aside.  I think teams often think that a game or two will be a slam dunk,  don't prepare and lose.   Based upon the circumstances surrounding the Bills (for that game),  I could see the Jets thinking it would be an easy win.   Also,  the Bills' players were ready for bear that week.  They were couped up in their homes all week.    They did view tapes of your games that week and also had Friday (and believe Saturday) to practice in Detroit. The long and short of the story is that they missed 2-3 days of practice.

I try not to think about it  :winking0001:   All kidding aside.  I think teams often think that a game or two will be a slam dunk,  don't prepare and lose.   Based upon the circumstances surrounding the Bills (for that game),  I could see the Jets thinking it would be an easy win.   Also,  the Bills' players were ready for bear that week.  They were couped up in their homes all week. Think they were ready for bear.  They did view tapes of your games that week and also had Friday (and believe Saturday) to practice in Detroit. The long and short of the story is that they missed 2-3 days of practice.

Are you aware of Rex Ryan's record coming off bye weeks?  It wasn't a one-time deal, it was a pattern in his tenure.  Who do you play coming off your bye this season?  It'll be a loss.  And in the postgame press conference, Rex will say "I put this one on me" and go on to say "But we'll fix it." 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/11/why_have_jets_been_so_bad_after_bye_weeks_under_rex_ryan.html

2009:  L, 24-22 vs Jacksonville

2010:  L, 9-0 vs. Green Bay

2011:  W, 27-11 @ Buffalo

2012:  L, 28-7 @ Seattle

2013:  L, 37-14 @ Buffalo

2014:  L, 38-3 @ Buffalo

Aggregate Score:  147-73 (-74 net points, average margin = - 12.3 points)

And he'll lose those 9 games by an average of 3-5 points. Which sounds great, but really points to Ryan's utter cluelessness about having an offense that can score some points. It's fool's gold. You can look almost  competent  if you run/run/pass on 3rd to run the clock on offense and play decent defense. Youu can shorten the game and limit the opposing offense's possessions. But Ryan's Jets teams looked better on defense because  the offense was so terrible teams waited for the weekly mistake or 2 by said offense and didn't bother to play all out offense.Take a long look at last year's Broncos game. And watch a few late wins vs. teams that have quit to get some lipstick on the pig. 

Anf again, watch opposing TEs pad their stats vs. the Bills.

And he'll lose those 9 games by an average of 3-5 points. Which sounds great, but really points to Ryan's utter cluelessness about having an offense that can score some points. It's fool's gold. You can look almost competent if you run/run/pass on 3rd to run the clock on offense and play decent defense. Youu can shorten the game and limit the opposing offense's possessions. But Ryan's Jets teams looked better on defense because the offense was so terrible teams waited for the weekly mistake or 2 by said offense and didn't bother to play all out offense.Take a long look at last year's Broncos game. And watch a few late wins vs. teams that have quit to get some lipstick on the pig.

Anf again, watch opposing TEs pad their stats vs. the Bills.

Agreed, but there will be plenty of 20 point losses mixed in along the way that'll get lost in the ether when he beats the Steelers or Dolphins by 2.

There's just simply no way that the Bills go 11-5.  If Rex barely got that 2010 Jets team to 11-5 and that was a much better team than the Bills currently are. 

Whatever the win total you think the talent on your team should get you, deduct a game or two for Rex being the HC.  He's not the kind of HC that's going to outcoach the opposition and beat a superior team due to his coaching ability.

There's just simply no way that the Bills go 11-5. If Rex barely got that 2010 Jets team to 11-5 and that was a much better team than the Bills currently are.

Whatever the win total you think the talent on your team should get you, deduct a game or two for Rex being the HC. He's not the kind of HC that's going to outcoach the opposition and beat a superior team due to his coaching ability.

The 2009-2010 Jets had a top five OL. PFF just ranked the 2015 Bills OL group as the worst in the league.

I try not to think about it  :winking0001:   All kidding aside.  I think teams often think that a game or two will be a slam dunk,  don't prepare and lose.   Based upon the circumstances surrounding the Bills (for that game),  I could see the Jets thinking it would be an easy win.   Also,  the Bills' players were ready for bear that week.  They were couped up in their homes all week. Think they were ready for bear.  They did view tapes of your games that week and also had Friday (and believe Saturday) to practice in Detroit. The long and short of the story is that they missed 2-3 days of practice.

remember, it's important for rex that he feels like one of the guys, and that they like him.  that's why he almost always loses after the bye week.  he takes the team out to dinner and gives them too much rest.  the players love it !

remember, it's important for rex that he feels like one of the guys, and that they like him.  that's why he almost always loses after the bye week.  he takes the team out to dinner and gives them too much rest.  the players love it !

I wonder how many times he'll take the Bills out to Dave & Buster's.

LOL give me a break. You HONESTLY believe Gronk is the best player in the division? Over Brady and Revis? C'mon, you know he doesn't take over games like those guys do.

And what about Sheldon Richardson? He's the best d-lineman in the division after Suh. He deserves to be at #5 in place of Wake.

Best three players in the league right now:

Gronkowski

Rodgers

Watt

I agree on the premise that it is the Bills division to lose.  They are supposed to be a team on the upswing that has added talent, add in the talk from the HC.  Their expectations are super high, all the pressure is on them. If they don't at least make the playoffs, their season is a huge failure.  I'd rather not have that pressure honestly.  I like being in the position of the unknown.  Sure the Jets have added a lot of pieces, but these guys haven't been playing together for several years like the guys upstate. 

upswing with what?  they have no QB and their secondary is not as good as the NYJs.

How did rookie minicamp go? Is it true that your tightly-knit front office/coaching unit had only one D-II QB throwing to the point he broke down the first day? Is it also true that team of professionals could only wrangle up 4 offensive linemen, necessitating one of the DL to swing over every series to pretend he was a guard just so your team could run a drill? Isn't it also true that Ronald Darby demonstrated poor technique and showed an inability to get his head around? And isn't it also true that overdrafted Clemson kid Tony Steward showed up late?

I didn't hear about Tony Steward showing up late.  Do you have any details?  I think Ronald Darby is going to do well.  He clearly has the physical ability.  In training camp,  he focused on learning new schemes.  

I didn't hear about Tony Steward showing up late.  Do you have any details?  I think Ronald Darby is going to do well.  He clearly has the physical ability.  In training camp,  he focused on learning new schemes.

Mike Rodak had it

Are you aware of Rex Ryan's record coming off bye weeks?  It wasn't a one-time deal, it was a pattern in his tenure.  Who do you play coming off your bye this season?  It'll be a loss.  And in the postgame press conference, Rex will say "I put this one on me" and go on to say "But we'll fix it." 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/11/why_have_jets_been_so_bad_after_bye_weeks_under_rex_ryan.html

2009:  L, 24-22 vs Jacksonville

2010:  L, 9-0 vs. Green Bay

2011:  W, 27-11 @ Buffalo

2012:  L, 28-7 @ Seattle

2013:  L, 37-14 @ Buffalo

2014:  L, 38-3 @ Buffalo

Aggregate Score:  147-73 (-74 net points, average margin = - 12.3 points)

We play the Dolphins at home after our bye week.

Mike Rodak had it

Can;t stand the guy.  We have a petition going around to oust him as reporter for the Buffalo Bills.  He's a Patriots' lover who has NOTHING good to say about our team.  No wonder I didn't hear about  Steward,  I don't read Rodak's news.  

Had a long talk with my brother yesterday about Rex and the Bills.  He knows a lot more about Rex\s history than I and  seems to agree with most posters here.  I am beginning to get a little concerned.  

Tom Brady being suspended 4 games still gives the Patriots 12 games to win with Brady, on top of the fact that they can probably win 2 of 4 without him. History has shown that the Patriots can win 10 of 12 games with Brady.

The Bills had a hard time getting to 9 wins, in fact it took them 10 years to finish over .500, and history has shown that Rex also has a hard time eclipsing 9 wins in a full 16 game schedule.

Not so fast, Mehta, not so fast. LOL

Agreed. I still predict the Pats to finish at least 10-6

Had a long talk with my brother yesterday about Rex and the Bills.  He knows a lot more about Rex\s history than I and  seems to agree with most posters here.  I am beginning to get a little concerned.  

he is an elite DC.  he is a clown shoes HC.  He will start off a cult hero, then the cracks will start to show.  He will do good things, he will entertain the writers, but there will be an erosion of professionalism and talent

the bills just may be a playoff team this year.  but the trend after that is all pointing down 

he is an elite DC.  he is a clown shoes HC.  He will start off a cult hero, then the cracks will start to show.  He will do good things, he will entertain the writers, but there will be an erosion of professionalism and talent

the bills just may be a playoff team this year.  but the trend after that is all pointing down 

I'm taking one year at a time.  If we make the playoffs this season,  I'll be ecstatic.

http://www.justonesports.com/products/just-give-me-one-buffalo-football-t-shirt?variant=461844857

Archived