Rex at it again! Needs to sit down w/ Oprah and Dr. Phil.

32EBoozer

He should shut up, but the reason is obvious.  They keep asking him. You think Ryan spontaneously brought up Amaro to say he didn't care? 

What dos a SMART coach do in this circumstance? He says "Amaro has his thoughts, and I have mine. I coach the Bills now".

The next time it comes up he says "I ahem addressed that before and the answer is the same".

Not Rex.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he give them the day off today?

Doesn't every coach do this?

What does giving them a day off have to do with accountability? After no down time, they can't have a day off? That undoes everything they accomplished? Takes away everything?

You now are starting to think like Rex 

"Gee, if my guys just show up, things are well covered in the accountability department"…….

You said Bowles has not mandated anything. I ask again, please share the contact of what Bowles has wait to the team in terms of expectations. I would love to see it.

No.  I am starting to think. You aren't.  You are spouting the Willie Colon party line.  Suck up to the new coach.  He has not done anything.  He has preached accountability.  That is a nice start, but literally amounts to ZERO in the actual accountability department.  Bowles may not have been able to do more to establish accountability, but so far it is nothing but lip service.  I keep hearing about Rex being so loose, but Marshall, Richardson and Mo no showed at least one day.  Those are probably 3 of our top 4 players.  Accountability comes when the bullets fly.  Not with a bunch of chatter wearing shorts.

There some kind of law that he has to answer, can't just say that's over? He has to make it into challenge? He needs to shut up but can't.

You know like Amaro has every time he's been asked about what he said or better yet what Rex responded with

What dos a SMART coach do in this circumstance? He says "Amaro has his thoughts, and I have mine. I coach the Bills now".

The next time it comes up he says "I ahem addressed that before and the answer is the same".

Not Rex.

Wasn't the first thing I wrote, "He should shut up"?  You guys hate Rex.  Yay!  How unusual, but I was responding to why does he keep bringing up Amaro and the answer is that he doesn't. 

Not Rex.

Jim Harbaugh has a total different personality from his brother..Being outspoken is just Rex, funny no one complained when we were going to AFCCG's.. :animal0029: Mike Ditka's 1985 Bears were a out spoken team they even made a video the Super Bowl shuffle.. Oh wait I forgot that was Buddy Ryan's fault.. I have very high hopes for Bowles and think he may be the one that gets the team to the big dance even though he puts me to sleep in his press conferences..  

Jim Harbaugh has a total different personality from his brother..Being outspoken is just Rex, funny no one complained when we were going to AFCCG's.. :animal0029: Mike Ditka's 1985 Bears were a out spoken team they even made a video the Super Bowl shuffle.. Oh wait I forgot that was Buddy Ryan's fault.. I have very high hopes for Bowles and think he may be the one that gets the team to the big dance even though he puts me to sleep in his press conferences..  

Parcells DNA?

No.  I am starting to think. You aren't.  You are spouting the Willie Colon party line.  Suck up to the new coach.  He has not done anything.  He has preached accountability.  That is a nice start, but literally amounts to ZERO in the actual accountability department.  Bowles may not have been able to do more to establish accountability, but so far it is nothing but lip service.  I keep hearing about Rex being so loose, but Marshall, Richardson and Mo no showed at least one day.  Those are probably 3 of our top 4 players.  Accountability comes when the bullets fly.  Not with a bunch of chatter wearing shorts.

Wasn't the first thing I wrote, "He should shut up"?  You guys hate Rex.  Yay!  How unusual, but I was responding to why does he keep bringing up Amaro and the answer is that he doesn't.

I don't hate Rex, didn't even want him fired.

Doesn't change anything, he should put his big boy pants on and STFU. Whether that's not bringing it up or not answering every question.

He doesn't stop with Amaro, the Jets, the Pats, Brady, Bellichick. He's too easy. Any idiot reporter can get a quote with a simple question to this moron.

I think what Rex meant here was that Amaro will be held accountable for doing his job as a player on the field because Rex is going to have his defense team ready.

Say it with me:  12 men on the field, Defense. 

Get used to it. 

I am still curious to what Bowles has said to the team. That is where accountability starts. Spelling out expectations.

You said that Bowles has not done this. Proof again?

Want to create a bet that limits the Bills losses to a total of 5, and states that any loss is not greater than 9 points?

I am willing to bet that we will have no more than 5 losses that is greater than 12 points.

I am still curious to what Bowles has said to the team. That is where accountability starts. Spelling out expectations.

You said that Bowles has not done this. Proof again?

? What the **** are you talking about?  I said he did.  That is what everybody is talking about.  Talk is cheap.  I'm more interested in what happens week 4 when Brandon Marshall has 22 catches and is late to practice. It is a nice start.  Rex had a nice start here too.

? What the **** are you talking about?  I said he did.  That is what everybody is talking about.  Talk is cheap.  I'm more interested in what happens week 4 when Brandon Marshall has 22 catches and is late to practice. It is a nice start.  Rex had a nice start here too.

Well, we know how it went with Rex. Not well.

I am willing to bet that we will have no more than 5 losses that is greater than 12 points.

It depends on your offense if they don't score much do 3 and outs and have turnovers that will keep the D on the field to exhaustion that's when blowouts happen..

Sorry as hard as I try I can't blame any of the firing on Idzik. For one Idzik was only here 2 years, we're talking about 4 down years. I'm smart enough to differentiate coaching losses from losses due to a lack of talent. Did he screw the team by not addressing the CB situation a year ago? Yes, but the jets didn't lose just because they lacked corners. Here was a lack of discipline that was never addressed. You can get away with being HC/best friend when you have a veteran team that knows how to push itself and knows what they have to do without a coach telling them. But with a young team the HC has to act like a HC, not like he's the star of the program. Like we pay our season ticket money to watch Rex. Stupid penalties, QBs who don't know when to be protective of the ball given the game situation, blown assignments, wrong coverages, clock management, all issues that Rex didn't learn to deal with that cost the team wins.

Jet Nut:  You make  valid points.  Don't believe for one minute that these issues don't concern me because they do.   I am not making excuses here but I think the last 2 years of Rex's tenure was total chaos within the Jets organization (meaning front office).  And,  I can't help but wonder if Rex just gave up the last year.  I am confident that he must have known he was going to be terminated.    I am hoping with some of the other coaches (that I consider top notch)  like Greg Roman Aaron Kromer,  plus a lot of the players who are also leaders,  will help with the keeping the team working in the right direction.  The mistakes made on game day (clock management, blown assignments, et al),  all we can do is hope that these will be minimal if non-existent altogether.  Ony time will tell.

Also I think th implication was pretty clear. In between the Amaro insults Rex tossed around, that his team was going to target Amaro and he would pay for talking badly about the great Rex Ryan.

If you are talking about physical damage,  I don't believe this is the case.  Rex is not a stupid man.  Threatening physical damage,  even worse doing physical damage,  is cause for a serious lawsuit.  I am confident he didn't mean physical damage.  

If you are talking about physical damage,  I don't believe this is the case.  Rex is not a stupid man.  Threatening physical damage,  even worse doing physical damage,  is cause for a serious lawsuit.  I am confident he didn't mean physical damage.  

What implications then would you advise he meant?  "Hey we REALLY are gonna play extra hard now guys!"  If Jace Amaro's comments mean that Rex is going to hav his team "extra" prepared to play the Jets then Rex has no business being a coach. 

It depends on your offense if they don't score much do 3 and outs and have turnovers that will keep the D on the field to exhaustion that's when blowouts happen..

Please,  I hope our 3 and out days are over.  Boring.......  

You don't want to believe it.

I'm going by his words. He said they would get Amaro. Don't know what else his words could mean.

BTW, this is Rex, you will find yourself having to defend and interpret words in ways which don't make him look bad. How many times did you have to interpret to defend Marones words?

Jet Nut:  You make  valid points.  Don't believe for one minute that these issues don't concern me because they do.   I am not making excuses here but I think the last 2 years of Rex's tenure was total chaos within the Jets organization (meaning front office).  And,  I can't help but wonder if Rex just gave up the last year.  I am confident that he must have known he was going to be terminated.    I am hoping with some of the other coaches (that I consider top notch)  like Greg Roman Aaron Kromer,  plus a lot of the players who are also leaders,  will help with the keeping the team working in the right direction.  The mistakes made on game day (clock management, blown assignments, et al),  all we can do is hope that these will be minimal if non-existent altogether.  Ony time will tell.

Can't use he quite as a defense. That's the last thing a coach can do.

What implications then would you advise he meant?  "Hey we REALLY are gonna play extra hard now guys!"  If Jace Amaro's comments mean that Rex is going to hav his team "extra" prepared to play the Jets then Rex has no business being a coach. 

Rex meant that accountability will count on the field.  In other words,  Amaro should just concentrate on being ready to do his job on the field because our defense will be ready to do their job and do it good.  There's no way Ryan would ever make a comment to suggest physical injury to a player.  You can criticize Ryan all day if you want but he is not stupid.

No team anywhere can say no one will lay a whipping on team. It's the NFL any team can surprise you.

I agree but if you look at our 2014 record plus what we added (players) during offseason,  the chances of us going to the slaughter house "appear" to be slim.

I agree but if you look at our 2014 record plus what we added (players) during offseason,  the chances of us going to the slaughter house "appear" to be slim.

This is not what you said, you said it wouldn't happen. Couldn't.

BTW, every team on your schedule added players too.

This is not what you said, you said it wouldn't happen. Couldn't.

BTW, every team on your schedule added players too

Anything is possible.  I just don't think it will happen.  

Yes,  I am aware that every team added players but we were a 9-7 team with what we already had.  We got better this offseason.  The QB is an issue but it won't keep us from making the playoffs this year.  

Archived