Rex at it again! Needs to sit down w/ Oprah and Dr. Phil.

32EBoozer

He should shut up, but the reason is obvious.  They keep asking him. You think Ryan spontaneously brought up Amaro to say he didn't care? 

If a dumb reporter asks him about Amaro, here is what a grown up would say instead of what Rex said:

"Why are you bringing that up again?  That's way in the past and is over.  Stop raising an irrelevant issue.  Next question please."

But instead, Rex has to flash his insecurities by rehashing it all.  He's an idiot.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything is possible.  I just don't think it will happen.  

Yes,  I am aware that every team added players but we were a 9-7 team with what we already had.  We got better this offseason.  The QB is an issue but it won't keep us from making the playoffs this year.

At this point you have no idea that your team will be better than last year. There's much more to improving Han adding players.

The Jets were 8-8 with a rookie QB struggling big time. They added players and got worse. No one in the division added as many quality players as the Jets. Means nothing until they play the games.

If a dumb reporter asks him about Amaro, here is what a grown up would say instead of what Rex said:

"Why are you bringing that up again?  That's way in the past and is over.  Stop raising an irrelevant issue.  Next question please."

But instead, Rex has to flash his insecurities by rehashing it all.  He's an idiot.

Why do you all insist on repeating this?  People asked why he keeps bringing up Amaro, hell the piece disingenuously indicates he did.  He was asked and answered.  Is that prudent?  No.  Did I say he should shut up?  Yes.  Why do you all insist on pointing out "what he should have done?"  He's an idiot that is earning $27M.  I wish I were that dumb.

Why do you all insist on repeating this?  People asked why he keeps bringing up Amaro, hell the piece disingenuously indicates he did.  He was asked and answered.  Is that prudent?  No.  Did I say he should shut up?  Yes.  Why do you all insist on pointing out "what he should have done?"  He's an idiot that is earning $27M.  I wish I were that dumb.

Isn't it obvious?  Because Rex's answers to all the reporters' Amaro questions keep motivating the same and other reporters to ask again and again.  So, it *IS* Rex who is perpetuating this.  To get it to stop, all he has to do is respond the way we are suggesting.  Now do you get it?

If that's the case wouldn't a smart fan say Rex did some good things but was blind to the offense and that cost him his job.. Yet the majority of Jet Fans show their insecurities and rehash it on a daily basis..Wouldn't that make them idiots also?? :tongue:

If that's the case wouldn't a smart fan say Rex did some good things but was blind to the offense and that cost him his job.. Yet the majority of Jet Fans show their insecurities and rehash it on a daily basis..Wouldn't that make them idiots also?? :tongue:

Not in the least.  Those are fans.  Fans care about their team and its history, good or bad, and have very long memories.  Rex is a professional. He has to act differently.   But he doesn't act like a professional. He acts like a butt-hurt child. Your analogy is extremely weak.  Apples and oranges.  

At this point you have no idea that your team will be better than last year. There's much more to improving Han adding players.

The Jets were 8-8 with a rookie QB struggling big time. They added players and got worse. No one in the division added as many quality players as the Jets. Means nothing until they play the games.

At this point,  we also don't know if Rex will be a better coach here than he was over the past 2 years at the Jets.  Yet,  everyone assures me how disappointed (or words that affect) our fans will be.  What Jets fans are doing is adding their own opinion.  Likewise,  I am basing my opinion that our team is better than it was last year and will make the playoffs.   

Isn't it obvious?  Because Rex's answers to all the reporters' Amaro questions keep motivating the same and other reporters to ask again and again.  So, it *IS* Rex who is perpetuating this.  To get it to stop, all he has to do is respond the way we are suggesting.  Now do you get it?

Gee golly willikers.  I never thought of it like that.  Why don't you re-read his quote.  He said I don't care about him and we'll let it be decided on the field. Shocking!  What a perpetuation of this never-ending feud!  It's a bounty! 

Not in the least.  Those are fans.  Fans care about their team and its history, good or bad, and have very long memories.  Rex is a professional. He has to act differently.   But he doesn't act like a professional. He acts like a butt-hurt child. Your analogy is extremely weak.  Apples and oranges.  

In other words like some Jet fans that hate Rex because he didn't get them to a Bowl.. Rex is who he is I understand he doesn't fit how you think a HC should act that's why I have said he acts more like a fan then a HC.. It just doesn't bother me he's not the prototype we take it one game at a time HC..  Too each his own God forbid if Rex does well this year the hate will even get worse.. Me I will be rooting for our new HC to win the East and make the playoffs and as far as Jet history goes(And I have been a fan since the Titan days) I look ahead and don't dwell in the past..

Gee golly willikers.  I never thought of it like that.  Why don't you re-read his quote.  He said I don't care about him and we'll let it be decided on the field. Shocking!  What a perpetuation of this never-ending feud!  It's a bounty! 

Your quote above verifies what I am saying.  

Had he just said "I don't care" and left it at that, then it wouldn't come up again.  You see, it's the side remark "let it be decided on the field" that lights the reporters' fire.  It's an inflammatory remark and it is either intentionally provocative or just plain dumb.  Had he responded with "I don't care, that's over now, next question." then the reporters would be reluctant to raise the issue again... but with the "decide it on the field" moronic comment, that reporters are extremely likely to throw it at Rex again in the next presser.  Recx brings it on himself each and every time.

In other words like some Jet fans that hate Rex because he didn't get them to a Bowl.. Rex is who he is I understand he doesn't fit how you think a HC should act that's why I have said he acts more like a fan then a HC.. It just doesn't bother me he's not the prototype we take it one game at a time HC..  Too each his own God forbid if Rex does well this year the hate will even get worse.. Me I will be rooting for our new HC to win the East and make the playoffs and as far as Jet history goes(And I have been a fan since the Titan days) I look ahead and don't dwell in the past..

You assume too much.  I actually like Rex.  Don't hate him at all.  I think he is an awful leader of men, and thus a poor head coach however.  This has nothing to do with hate.  It has to do with competence.  And as a Head coach, Rex straddles the line between incompetent and decent too often for my taste. 

Your quote above verifies what I am saying.  

Had he just said "I don't care" and left it at that, then it wouldn't come up again.  You see, it's the side remark "let it be decided on the field" that lights the reporters' fire.  It's an inflammatory remark and it is either intentionally provocative or just plain dumb.  Had he responded with "I don't care, that's over now, next question." then the reporters would be reluctant to raise the issue again... but with the "decide it on the field" moronic comment, that reporters are extremely likely to throw it at Rex again in the next presser.  Recx brings it on himself each and every time.

Read his ACTUAL QUOTE.   The part about Amaro was an insert from the writer.  "That doesn't mean anything to me. ... will be decided on the field and we'll see who's got the better team." 

Why is that related to Amaro?  Because Hubbich said so.  Parcells has literally said the identical thing hundreds of times.  Rex often says stupid sh*t, but in this case (not the Amaro thing, just at the baseball event) I don't see it.   It's made up press sh*t and you guys eat it up - which is exactly why they write it.

Read his ACTUAL QUOTE.   The part about Amaro was an insert from the writer.  "That doesn't mean anything to me. ... will be decided on the field and we'll see who's got the better team." 

Why is that related to Amaro?  Because Hubbich said so.  Parcells has literally said the identical thing hundreds of times.  Rex often says stupid sh*t, but in this case (not the Amaro thing, just at the baseball event) I don't see it.   It's made up press sh*t and you guys eat it up - which is exactly why they write it.

Pretty much the bold.

Agreed. Rex is pretty much a media creation.

Not at all, but it's gotten to the point where everything he says is blown out of proportion.  He made super bowl guarantees for two years with the Jets, but there are still Jets "fans" who claim he did it every season.  The media made his personality so big that casual fans who don't really follow the team that closely began to believe he said it every year. 

Not at all, but it's gotten to the point where everything he says is blown out of proportion.  He made super bowl guarantees for two years with the Jets, but there are still Jets "fans" who claim he did it every season.  The media made his personality so big that casual fans who don't really follow the team that closely began to believe he said it every year. 

Likewise, the people who still believe Rex is a good coach believe that because Manish Mehta told them that was the case for six years. 

Likewise, the people who still believe Rex is a good coach believe that because Manish Mehta told them that was the case for six years. 

I believed it for other reasons...but I hope he's just half as bad as a lot of Jets fans say he is.  If that's the case, Jets have two very lopsided wins on the schedule this season where they can rest their starters for most of the second half while they develop some of their younger players...another thing Rex failed at.

the press guys would not keep bringing it up if Rex responded professionally and in a way that doesn't invite more of the same.  Rex brings it on himself.  He can't contain himself.

Read his ACTUAL QUOTE. The part about Amaro was an insert from the writer. "That doesn't mean anything to me. ... will be decided on the field and we'll see who's got the better team."

Why is that related to Amaro? Because Hubbich said so. Parcells has literally said the identical thing hundreds of times. Rex often says stupid sh*t, but in this case (not the Amaro thing, just at the baseball event) I don't see it. It's made up press sh*t and you guys eat it up - which is exactly why they write it.

That's a small part of the actual quote. That would have been enough but Rex can do enough, he has to go further. Because as he says he has a chip on his shoulder. You left out "we ain't hiding, etc". Anyone ask him if they're hiding? NO. Did anyone ask about the Pats? NO. All other teams? NO

Where was he asked about Amaro?

“I couldn’t care less about him,” Ryan said of Amaro, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “That doesn’t mean anything to me. … [The hard feelings with Amaro] will be decided on the field, and we’ll see who’s got the better team.”

Ryan said the comments put “a chip on my shoulder” for the Bills’ two games against the Jets, such that he needed help with that.

“I know what’s been written about me and other things, so will I have a chip on my shoulder? Absolutely,” Ryan said. “And it will be fun. I know one thing: We ain’t hiding from anybody — New England, the Jets, anybody else. We’ll take on all challenges, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Again, part of this is just Ryan’s schtick, and it’s working, since the Bills are selling tickets at record pace since he got the job. And if it takes continuously jabbing with a fairly anonymous player to keep them in the news, it’s apparently worth it to Ryan, who has now brought up Amaro at least four times.

At this point,  we also don't know if Rex will be a better coach here than he was over the past 2 years at the Jets.  Yet,  everyone assures me how disappointed (or words that affect) our fans will be.  What Jets fans are doing is adding their own opinion.  Likewise,  I am basing my opinion that our team is better than it was last year and will make the playoffs.

Well got to admit, it's always sunny in Buffalo. Your QB issue isn't really an issue that can't be overcome, your good team will bet better,-become really good because you want them to, the players you added are all better than what you had, Rex will be better in Buffalo than he was with the Jets and no one else will improve as much as the Bills have.

You do realize this is what you've said over the course of a few posts

That's a small part of the actual quote. That would have been enough but Rex can do enough, he has to go further. Because as he says he has a chip on his shoulder. You left out "we ain't hiding, etc". Anyone ask him if they're hiding? NO. Did anyone ask about the Pats? NO. All other teams? NO

Where was he asked about Amaro?

“I couldn’t care less about him,” Ryan said of Amaro, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “That doesn’t mean anything to me. … [The hard feelings with Amaro] will be decided on the field, and we’ll see who’s got the better team.”

Ryan said the comments put “a chip on my shoulder” for the Bills’ two games against the Jets, such that he needed help with that.

“I know what’s been written about me and other things, so will I have a chip on my shoulder? Absolutely,” Ryan said. “And it will be fun. I know one thing: We ain’t hiding from anybody — New England, the Jets, anybody else. We’ll take on all challenges, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Again, part of this is just Ryan’s schtick, and it’s working, since the Bills are selling tickets at record pace since he got the job. And if it takes continuously jabbing with a fairly anonymous player to keep them in the news, it’s apparently worth it to Ryan, who has now brought up Amaro at least four times.

Does he ever even use the word Amaro?  No.  He says him.  Hubbich attributes it to Amaro because he ******* asked.  Otherwise the quote could have been about his brother or Pettine or you. What is so bad about the chip on his shoulder bit?  I'm not a big fan, but where it is written that you can't say that or that you won't be afraid of other teams?  Sorry, but I have not read that handbook.

Especially the pieces with quotation marks. Are we really supposed to believe he says stupid things like that?

What stupid thing did he say in that quote? Are you mad about the chip on his shoulder comment too?  Heaven forfend!

Does he ever even use the word Amaro?  No.  He says him.  Hubbich attributes it to Amaro because he ******* asked.  Otherwise the quote could have been about his brother or Pettine or you. What is so bad about the chip on his shoulder bit?  I'm not a big fan, but where it is written that you can't say that or that you won't be afraid of other teams?  Sorry, but I have not read that handbook.

What stupid thing did he say in that quote? Are you mad about the chip on his shoulder comment too?  Heaven forfend!

Anytime a football coach spends time talking about former teams, former players, to me is stupid discussion. It is of no use.

Do writers bait him? Of course they do. And he is so gullible he takes that bait hook, line and sinker.

Anytime a football coach spends time talking about former teams, former players, to me is stupid discussion. It is of no use.

Do writers bait him? Of course they do. And he is so gullible he takes that bait hook, line and sinker.

He was at a charity softball game.  I guess Bowles was breaking down film in the dugout between innings.  Of no use?  What a ******* stupid comment.

This is your argument? The reporter didn't know what they were talking about? He didn't know then"him" Rex was talking about?

Lol, ok. You love Rex, he didn't say what every news outlet is reporting. we get it

I believed it for other reasons...but I hope he's just half as bad as a lot of Jets fans say he is.  If that's the case, Jets have two very lopsided wins on the schedule this season where they can rest their starters for most of the second half while they develop some of their younger players...another thing Rex failed at.

Yes, Rex will lose every game by 40.

Your Rex pom pons are losing tassles.

If this were Parcells doing the same things, you would be bent like a pretzel

I never liked Parcells, but I didn't complain about what he said to the press.  I was occasionally bothered by the press acting like everything he said was gospel, particularly regarding the draft which he was never much good at.

This is your argument? The reporter didn't know what they were talking about? He didn't know then"him" Rex was talking about?

Lol, ok. You love Rex, he didn't say what every news outlet is reporting. we get it

He said what he said.  He said what I quoted.  If Rex said "I don't care about Amaro" They would have reported that.  This is tiresome.  Rex is a blowhard that says stupid sh*t.  That is a fact.  You want to believe that he walked up to a reporter and randomly started talking about Amaro, knock yourself out.  Makes perfect sense.

I never liked Parcells, but I didn't complain about what he said to the press.  I was occasionally bothered by the press acting like everything he said was gospel, particularly regarding the draft which he was never much good at.

He said what he said.  He said what I quoted.  If Rex said "I don't care about Amaro" They would have reported that.  This is tiresome.  Rex is a blowhard that says stupid sh*t.  That is a fact.  You want to believe that he walked up to a reporter and randomly started talking about Amaro, knock yourself out.  Makes perfect sense.

What is your point that he was asked a question so he's not to blame for going on a rant? You don't even know what he was asked but you're lecturing us about what he was asked do he just answered. Can you find a question about the Pats? Because he just had to tell us about the Pats as he always does.

You're right about one thing. This defense is tiresome.

What is your point that he was asked a question so he's not to blame for going on a rant? You don't even know what he was asked but you're lecturing us about what he was asked do he just answered. Can you find a question about the Pats? Because he just had to tell us about the Pats as he always does.

You're right about one thing. This defense is tiresome.

Rant? 

Yes, Rex will lose every game by 40.

I don't think he will...but his detractors have reminded us time and again that he's a buffoon who knows nothing about the game of football and is in over his head.  Without a QB in a league that demands great QB play, why would somebody who fits that description do anything other than get his doors blown off every week?  He's a Bufflo Bill now..it's time for me to hope I was dead wrong all this time and that the anti-Rex crowd was right. 

I don't want to see him get rushed in to action in a pressure packed situation, but getting some live reps for Petty in some mid/late-season blowouts would be ideal IMO.  If he coughs it up a few times or throws a few INT's, no harm/no foul...still a double-digit victory.

Rant? 

Yes, rant.

rant   (rănt)

v.  rant·edrant·ingrants
v.intr.
1. To speak or write in an angry or emotionally charged manner; rave.
2. To express at length a complaint or negative opinion: "He could rant on the subject of physician-assisted illness" (Paul Theroux).

Archived