Cam with a Geno like DVOA getting big money

Matt39

On 6/2/2015 at 9:55 PM, kelticwizard said:

Why is everybody down on Cam Newton?  When he came out of college there was a long thread about how lousy he was, and now that he is doing pretty well they still find reasons that this guy is not supposed to be good.  He looks to me like an up-and-coming young QB.

NFL MVP last year is all, led his team to SB without his best weapon and put up 50 total TD's. Nah, he isn't worth it. 

On 6/2/2015 at 6:37 PM, southparkcpa said:

Not exactly so... The Panthers are huge here. the rest of your statement is true.

College sports here is huge and contagious.

Love college football.

And we know you have a Panther jersey..;)

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

He is good but uneven at times. I don't know that he's worth that paycheck but CAR needed to lock him up. If his mental focus continues to improve and he continues to develop as a passer rather than a runner then he could be worth a lot more than that contract. 

How is he not worth the paycheck? Without Cam Newton the panthers go 1-15 last year not the other way around. Guy played like freaking Teen Wolf out there.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People on here are terrified that Bryce Petty will be grabbed of our psqaud if we don't carry 4 QB's.  The Jets....4th string QB, being poached....

But, hey, at least he's cheap! Woody can afford a couple tanks of fuel on his helicopter he commutes to games to from Manhattan with the money he will save.

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

I didn't say he isn't worth a big contract, just not that big--yet.

Yeah well Gettleman is one of the best and there is no buyer's remorse in Charlotte, so I guess their stupid move luckily worked out. I wish our FO was so dumb.

Archived