Predict the outcome of Brady's appeal

T0mShane

Why?

Is this was any other team or player, it would not be news.  Vikings and Panthers heated balls on the sideline.  *crickets* Chargers used stickum on footballs. *crickets*  Players admit to doing something to the ball.  *crickets*  Pa......ban them from the league..Belicheat...Tom is gay...blah blah blah. 

you left out spygate

why ?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady has game ball pressures reduced below league specifications (in a bathroom stall no less) after those balls have been inspected by league officials.  i.e. Once the team is on the honor system to not tamper with them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/11218/nfl-aware-of-game-ball-incident-during-panthers-vikings

"You can't do anything with the footballs in terms of any artificial, whether you're heating them up, whether it's a regular game ball or kicking ball, you can't do anything to the football," Blandino said. "So that was noticed during the game, both teams were made aware of it during the game and we will certainly remind the clubs as we get into more cold weather games that you can't do anything with the football in terms of heating them up with those sideline heaters."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000091683/article/san-diego-chargers-fined-20k-by-nfl-in-towel-case

"However, NFL game officials are charged with protecting the integrity and competitive fairness of the games and club staff members, like players and coaches, have a clear obligation to cooperate in this effort and comply with the direction of game officials. As a result of the failure of club staff to follow the directive of a game official to immediately surrender the towels when directed to do so, and to attempt to conceal the towels, the Chargers have been fined $20,000.

"In order to ensure that products that may have a possible competitive effect are given appropriate review and testing, our office -- after consultation with the Competition Committee -- has advised all clubs that the use of towels or other products that contain any type of adhesive substance is now prohibited on game days until further notice."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/brad-johnson-paid-a-bribe-to-tamper-with-footballs-at-the-super-bowl/ - Brad Johnson admitting to tampering with balls.

http://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-likes-to-tamper-with-footballs-too-1680676328 - Admits to over inflating and hoping they can play with a ball that is not IAW the rules.

Rice admits to using stickum.  OL have admitted to using pam.  Players are anonymously admitting they deflate the balls.  Ex-players, Jeff Blake, said he deflated balls.

You are right. It is only the Patriots.  Here is your tinfoil hat.

Fair enough. 

My point is that lets stop pretending like these players or teams are innocent and that the Patriots are the only ones doing this. 

The game you are describing it is not played in the NFL.  Most (All?) of the players are on something.  There is cheating on every play. 

The only thing you can say is the Patriots' are stupid enough to get caught, but that is more likely due to their success.  There are countless players and/or teams that have done the same or similar things, but the outrage is only directed at the Patriots.  And that is due to their winning.  Would anyone give a eff if this was the early 90 Patriots?  No.

.  When they are caught,  they pay the price.  The outrage about the Patriots is because it doesn't only affect one player or soley the Patriots team.  Their acts affect other teams.

Fair enough.

My point is that lets stop pretending like these players or teams are innocent and that the Patriots are the only ones doing this.

The game you are describing it is not played in the NFL. Most (All?) of the players are on something. There is cheating on every play.

The only thing you can say is the Patriots' are stupid enough to get caught, but that is more likely due to their success. There are countless players and/or teams that have done the same or similar things, but the outrage is only directed at the Patriots. And that is due to their winning. Would anyone give a eff if this was the early 90 Patriots? No.

"Everyone else is doing it"

"They busted is because of our success"

The two lamest explanations I have seen, and I am not picking on you, these two excuses are everywhere online and in the press.

Let me ask you this: why are the Pats the only dynasty to ever pay this "winner's tax?"

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/11218/nfl-aware-of-game-ball-incident-during-panthers-vikings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000091683/article/san-diego-chargers-fined-20k-by-nfl-in-towel-case

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/brad-johnson-paid-a-bribe-to-tamper-with-footballs-at-the-super-bowl/ - Brad Johnson admitting to tampering with balls.

http://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-likes-to-tamper-with-footballs-too-1680676328 - Admits to over inflating and hoping they can play with a ball that is not IAW the rules.

Rice admits to using stickum. OL have admitted to using pam. Players are anonymously admitting they deflate the balls. Ex-players, Jeff Blake, said he deflated balls.

You are right. It is only the Patriots. Here is your tinfoil hat.

And I admit to stealing liquor from my dad when I was a kid. He didn't punish me.

What important fact is missing in this story? Whether my dad knew about it at the time, or not. Did the NFL know Rice and Johnson were doing those things at the time?

The two lamest explanations I have seen, and I am not picking on you, these two excuses are everywhere online and in the press.

Let me ask you this: why are the Pats the only dynasty to ever pay this "winner's tax?"

Yankee fans said the exact same thing when about 10 of their players were busted for Roids.

The Red Sox were doing it too!!!

So, its not really lame because many Jets fans are big Yankee fans too.

Yankee fans said the exact same thing when about 10 of their players were busted for Roids.

The Red Sox were doing it too!!!

So, its not really lame because many Jets fans are big Yankee fans too.

Lol that's your defense?

When it is 12 degrees..guess how those balls feel?  Like a rock.

Heat applied to a frozen ball becomes?  Softer.  Easier to grip.  Nice try though.

actually you are wrong, 12 degrees drops the Psi to well below 11 psi, especially if set at 12.5 the lowest limit. Try again mon

Fair enough. 

The game you are describing it is not played in the NFL.  Most (All?) of the players are on something.  There is cheating on every play. 

The only thing you can say is the Patriots' are stupid enough to get caught, but that is more likely due to their success.  There are countless players and/or teams that have done the same or similar things, but the outrage is only directed at the Patriots.  And that is due to their winning.  Would anyone give a eff if this was the early 90 Patriots?  No.

Quite honestly, I truly believe that the Patriots try to cheat more than other teams. All teams stretch the rules as much as they can but the Pats actively cheat. 

The Pats are the most visible cheaters and are the most arrogant about it.  Which tells us what we already basically know.  That the Pats have been cheating from the start, and likely getting away with other cheating attempts as well.  Most teams quit cheating at an institutional level when they're caught even once.  Not the Pats!

.  When they are caught,  they pay the price.  The outrage about the Patriots is because it doesn't only affect one player or soley the Patriots team.  Their acts affect other teams.

Huh? 

I know JN does not want to grasp the concept, but when players are telling Schefter, "yeah we deflate the ball", lets stop with the Patriots are the only ones doing it.  Same with the Spygate, Jets recorded signals a few months before Spygate.  Their only saving grace being where they did it.  Not that the Jets recorded signals bothered JN, which JN likes to use like toilet paper, but where signals.  

Of course, it is only the Patriots.

No.  They are busted because they are bad bad guys.  They are hated, because of their success. 

Again, please point 100 page, 30K post moral outrage thread on the Panthers/Vikings manipulation of footballs.  Or the Chargers. 

I can give you examples, but if you do not want to accept it.

And I admit to stealing liquor from my dad when I was a kid. He didn't punish me.

What important fact is missing in this story? Whether my dad knew about it at the time, or not. Did the NFL know Rice and Johnson were doing those things at the time?

Point                                                               

You

It is the idiocy of JN acting like the Patriots only do this.

actually you are wrong, 12 degrees drops the Psi to well below 11 psi, especially if set at 12.5 the lowest limit. Try again mon

AGain...

Point

You.

So you are saying the balls are not hard?  I am not talking PSI dork.  I am talking about heating the balls after they were what....gauged...which is tampering after inspection....which is illegal...and half of the reason why JN panties are bound up.

Huh? 

I know JN does not want to grasp the concept, but when players are telling Schefter, "yeah we deflate the ball", lets stop with the Patriots are the only ones doing it.  Same with the Spygate, Jets recorded signals a few months before Spygate.  Their only saving grace being where they did it.  Not that the Jets recorded signals bothered JN, which JN likes to use like toilet paper, but where signals.  

I'm a Buffalo Bills Fan  so spygate and deflategate didn't affect my team.    However,  both acts are still  bothersome to me for the reasons I stated earlier.  

AGain...

Point

You.

So you are saying the balls are not hard?  I am not talking PSI dork.  I am talking about heating the balls after they were what....gauged...which is tampering after inspection....which is illegal...and half of the reason why JN panties are bound up.

Try again Skippy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/actually-vikings-didnt-warm-footballs-in-november/

And even if both teams were warming balls, there would have been no competitve edge. Also the fact that the Pats were deflating balls in bathroom stalls should tell you they no it was illegal and provided competitive edge in cold and rainy weather.

Pats fans are outright embarrasing mon

Huh?

I know JN does not want to grasp the concept, but when players are telling Schefter, "yeah we deflate the ball", lets stop with the Patriots are the only ones doing it. Same with the Spygate, Jets recorded signals a few months before Spygate. Their only saving grace being where they did it. Not that the Jets recorded signals bothered JN, which JN likes to use like toilet paper, but where signals.

I know you have an agenda to save the face of an entire pathetic cheating organization and this is a favorite cry by a clueless fanbase but find the proof that the Jets cheated. Videotaping plays are and have always been allowed. The Patriots cheated because they taped the plays and the down and distance off the boards to have a video library of trends of teams. They were warned and kept ignoring the warnings. Jets were guilty of not moving to the new designated area.

If they didn't cheat like the Jets didn't cheat, there wouldn't have been historic fines.

Go back to making sh*t up though

I'm a Buffalo Bills Fan  so spygate and deflategate didn't affect my team.    However,  both acts are still  bothersome to me for the reasons I stated earlier.  

For what??? Get over it! Especially spygate....there has and will continue to be worse acts taken place in NFL football then "spyate" and "deflategate"

Are you over at any other fan thread posting your displeasures for "bounty gate" cause that is truly more disgusting then anything the pats done, or are you boycotting any team that has Ray Rice on it, or the cowboys for Greg Hardy???

Come with this....somebody said this..too many posters on here complain too much about trivial b.s, and they are right..

I mean deflategate is still new, so i understand but 10...15 years from now, is this form will still be complaining about it?

For what??? Get over it! Especially spygate....there has and will continue to be worse acts taken place in NFL football then "spyate" and "deflategate"

Are you over at any other fan thread posting your displeasures for "bounty gate" cause that is truly more disgusting then anything the pats done, or are you boycotting any team that has Ray Rice on it, or the cowboys for Greg Hardy???

Come with this....somebody said this..too many posters on here complain too much about trivial b.s, and they are right..

I mean deflategate is still new, so i understand but 10...15 years from now, is this form will still be complaining about it?

Didnt Pats draft aaron hernandez?  major red flags were all over this kid mon

And Bountygate did not affect Integrity of game idiot.

Bountygate wasn't cheating, didn't tilt the integrity of the game in any way. There have always been and will continue to be players who want to hurt others, it's not illegal. Offering a reward system is illegal.

But continue the Patriot fan tried and true defense, others cheat why talk about us?

Please go back and read my posts and reasoning about deflate gate.  I am not boycotting any team.  My point is that breaking the rules destroys the integrity of the game.  Yes,  players bend the rules or regulations.  And  when they get caught,  they pay the price.  Brady got caught and it's time for him to pay the piper.  It's just that simple.  

What defense???? 

Some of you love to ignore what is said on here. I have never once defended deflategate or spygate, BUT I have put it into perceptive though, and sorry I learned to be reasonable a long time ago. When i do not hear, read or see the other 31 owners and majority of players and coaches not really making a big big deal about it (not saying players and coaches arent talking about it), then i myself look at it as it's not as big as some people are making it. It was stupid and poorly handled by the pats and brady, but that is just were it ends with me, got punished, or get punished and lets move on....

shoot after hearing HOFers like J.RIce and J. Montana talk about altering balls or putting stickum' on their hands to catch the ball better I further smh at this whole thing....

and please... bountygate  was  worse point blank. Especially paying players to do it.

you guys are funny to me....how you look at certain things 

ok. i'm done with this. You guys can continue on with the WORSE CRIME IN HISTORY chat..as you guys were.

Please go back and read my posts and reasoning about deflate gate.  I am not boycotting any team.  My point is that breaking the rules destroys the integrity of the game.  Yes,  players bend the rules or regulations.  And  when they get caught,  they pay the price.  Brady got caught and it's time for him to pay the piper.  It's just that simple.  

I honestly don't care about your reasoning. I'm sure your reasoning is justify, but to STILL BE BOTHERED BY THIS...no disrespect, but things like this happen quite a bit in sports. dishonestly is every where it runs wild in sports....some of it is not a big deal, others things are worse....

he got punished, but he has the right to appeal it..so if he doesnt want to "pay the piper" he doesnt have to. It's in the CBA. Accept it at some point.

What defense???? 

Some of you love to ignore what is said on here. I have never once defended deflategate or spygate, BUT I have put it into perceptive though, and sorry I learned to be reasonable a long time ago. When i do not hear, read or see the other 31 owners and majority of players and coaches not really making a big big deal about it (not saying players and coaches arent talking about it), then i myself look at it as it's not as big as some people are making it. It was stupid and poorly handled by the pats and brady, but that is just were it ends with me, got punished, or get punished and lets move on....

shoot after hearing HOFers like J.RIce and J. Montana talk about altering balls or putting stickum' on their hands to catch the ball better I further smh at this whole thing....

and please... bountygate  was  worse point blank. Especially paying players to do it.

you guys are funny to me....how you look at certain things 

ok. i'm done with this. You guys can continue on with the WORSE CRIME IN HISTORY chat..as you guys were.

Montana never altered the ball, in fact he stated that he sucked throwing the ball in the rain and cold.

I honestly don't care about your reasoning. I'm sure your reasoning is justify, but to STILL BE BOTHERED BY THIS...no disrespect, but things like this happen quite a bit in sports. dishonestly is every where it runs wild in sports....some of it is not a big deal, others things are worse....

he got punished, but he has the right to appeal it..so if he doesnt want to "pay the piper" he doesnt have to. It's in the CBA. Accept it at some point.

I'm not bothered by this.  I am simply stating my opinion.   Pats' Fans may not think this is a big deal because it's their team that's being called on the carpet.  However,  I happen to have a different perspective.   That is for each team to play by the rules and if they don't,  they need to accept responsibility known as penalties and fines.

I'm not bothered by this.  I am simply stating my opinion.   Pats' Fans may not think this is a big deal because it's their team that's being called on the carpet.  However,  I happen to have a different perspective.   That is for each team to play by the rules and if they don't,  they need to accept responsibility known as penalties and fines.

you just said you were bothered by it? (both acts are still bothersome"????) go back and read your own post..and oh only pats fan say its not big deal.

I just stated and you can find it yourself, joe montana saying it was no big deal...so is joe montana playing for the patriots too?

i can play that game too..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/joe-montana--deflate-gate--no-big-deal---his-49ers-used-illegal-silicone-

Joe Montana: Deflate-gate 'no big deal,' his 49ers used illegal silicone

By Frank SchwabJune 8, 2015 11:56 AMShutdown Corner

509161c0-a71e-11e4-8bc3-cb00752e0d5f_513

View photo

Joe Montana (Getty Images)

I'm still not sure how the New England Patriots' misdemeanor in deflate-gate became a felony, but it happened.

Neither does Joe Montana.

[Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football is back: Sign up for a league today!]

The former San Francisco 49ers great seemed to laugh and shrug at the whole controversy involving the Patriots and quarterback Tom Bradyin an interview with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Mark Kaboly (h/t to Larry Brown Sports). Because his 49ers had their own methods of skirting the rules. Like most other teams.

i can play that game too..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/joe-montana--deflate-gate--no-big-deal---his-49ers-used-illegal-silicone-

Joe Montana: Deflate-gate 'no big deal,' his 49ers used illegal silicone

By Frank SchwabJune 8, 2015 11:56 AMShutdown Corner

509161c0-a71e-11e4-8bc3-cb00752e0d5f_513

View photo

Joe Montana (Getty Images)

I'm still not sure how the New England Patriots' misdemeanor in deflate-gate became a felony, but it happened.

Neither does Joe Montana.

[Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football is back: Sign up for a league today!]

The former San Francisco 49ers great seemed to laugh and shrug at the whole controversy involving the Patriots and quarterback Tom Bradyin an interview with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Mark Kaboly (h/t to Larry Brown Sports). Because his 49ers had their own methods of skirting the rules. Like most other teams.

when players cheat they are taking a big chance at killing legacy if they get CAUGHT. Brady cheated and got caught and then lied about it. 

Did Rice get caught mon?

Archived