Fantasy Football Part Deaux?

Pac

I dont know how you could call them terrible decisions.  I didnt have much of a choice.  The RB group was obviously going to suffer a bit after going WR, WR.  But I still think Forsett will still be strong RB1/2 without Kubiak. Trestman loves to target the RB out of the backfield so I think he's fine in a ppr (Forte had 130 targets last season).  Randle I dont love but that OL is nasty and he should find plenty of lanes in a strong vertical passing game (I have no faith in the suddenly trending DMC).  West is a good player on a bad team but fine for a back up. Matthews is my favorite handcuff because I have zero faith in Murrary even though Matthew is a little injury prone himself.  Besides, he might still be start worthy when Murray is healthy.  They're not good but it was the sacrifice I was willing to make going WR, WR to start the draft.  And also the reason I emphasized TE early.

I got screwed on QB.  I thought I had time.  And then a run went before my pick and teams were taking backups before I had a starter.  

Ultimately, my team sucks.  I got too drunk and high.  I expected 0-2 wins. 

You're welcome. 

I get it, sometimes that's the way the board falls to you.  Plus I do think your WR and TE choices will carry you into contention.  Julio was a steal at 16 and Olsen was a great pick; he's as solid as they come and will only get targeted more by Cam with Kelvin out.

But if I'm in your shoes and dead set on a # 1 RB, the best choice would have been Frank Gore in my view, then grab Boom Herron later.  Gore has 1 more year left in him playing with Andrew Luck.  Meanwhile, I have zero faith in Justin Forsett to return 3rd round value this year.  If you had Gore and Randle, suddenly your RB's look a lot better.

As for QB, the emphasis in this league was definitely on passing TD's (6 pts per).  Cam isn't really known for that.  But since QB's flew off the board in this one, he does appear to be the best you could have gotten in the 9th round. 

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it, sometimes that's the way the board falls to you.  Plus I do think your WR and TE choices will carry you into contention.  Julio was a steal at 16 and Olsen was a great pick; he's as solid as they come and will only get targeted more by Cam with Kelvin out.

But if I'm in your shoes and dead set on a # 1 RB, the best choice would have been Frank Gore in my view, then grab Boom Herron later.  Gore has 1 more year left in him playing with Andrew Luck.  Meanwhile, I have zero faith in Justin Forsett to return 3rd round value this year.  If you had Gore and Randle, suddenly your RB's look a lot better.

As for QB, the emphasis in this league was definitely on passing TD's (6 pts per).  Cam isn't really known for that.  But since QB's flew off the board in this one, he does appear to be the best you could have gotten in the 9th round. 

Gore might have made sense there.  Good call.  Yeah, I got ****ed on QB.  Like I said, 0-2 wins. 

Gore might have made sense there.  Good call.  Yeah, I got ****ed on QB.  Like I said, 0-2 wins. 

Yeah, I can't even fault you for taking Mathews with Eli and Rivers on the board the previous round.  88th pick is great value on Mathews.  Not to mention before Kelvin went down I'd been operating under the assumption that Cam was going to have a great season and provide a solid return on his ADP.  He still might.

This is what makes 12-team leagues tough.  Few people come out of the draft thrilled. 

Yeah, I can't even fault you for taking Mathews with Eli and Rivers on the board the previous round.  88th pick is great value on Mathews.  Not to mention before Kelvin went down I'd been operating under the assumption that Cam was going to have a great season and provide a solid return on his ADP.  He still might.

This is what makes 12-team leagues tough.  Few people come out of the draft thrilled. 

Funny thing is, my other league, I drafted 10th in a 12 and love my team.  Oh well.  All good.  Players always shake loose on the waivers.  Hopefully I get lucky there.  And the only position I hate on my roster is QB anyhow. 

Speaking of which, I remember Pac has stupid rules on the waivers...someone want to fill me on what they are again?

Funny thing is, my other league, I drafted 10th in a 12 and love my team.  Oh well.  All good.  Players always shake loose on the waivers.  Hopefully I get lucky there.  And the only position I hate on my roster is QB anyhow. 

Speaking of which, I remember Pac has stupid rules on the waivers...someone want to fill me on what they are again?

Apparently there are no free agents, only waivers.  Each week starting on Wednesday waivers begin, and continue each day including Sunday.  You make a claim on a player and at 11 AM each day pickups get processed.  The catch is you bid money on waiver claims.  So if there's a coveted player, you have to outbid other teams.  You have $200 to spend, so if there's a must-have waiver guy you want, you can spend all $200 and likely get him, but you can't make waiver claims the rest of the season if you land him.

I'm doing a test run, as I have an open roster spot (Foster to IR).  I'm bidding $0 on a player I want, in order to see if I get him at 11 AM.

Yep, Pac is the worst.

Apparently there are no free agents, only waivers.  Each week starting on Wednesday waivers begin, and continue each day including Sunday.  You make a claim on a player and at 11 AM each day pickups get processed.  The catch is you bid money on waiver claims.  So if there's a coveted player, you have to outbid other teams.  You have $200 to spend, so if there's a must-have waiver guy you want, you can spend all $200 and likely get him, but you can't make waiver claims the rest of the season if you land him.

I'm doing a test run, as I have an open roster spot (Foster to IR).  I'm bidding $0 on a player I want, in order to see if I get him at 11 AM.

Yep, Pac is the worst.

exactly. Pac has taken this whole game we love and turned it into something that only an attorney could spend the time figuring out. 

Yep, Pac is the worst.

this doesn't even make sense..  I said it was FAAB weeks ago and checked the appropriate box on ESPN when setting up the league.  It's a much better way of handling FA then letting ESPN determine who gets who.

For the stupid people...

- you get a bank of $200

- if you want a player you make a claim and bid..  the next morning at 11 you're told if your bid was the highest

- it's not a live auction..  it's a bid.   You have to make an educated guess on how much to bid knowing you have a kitty for the whole year you can't exceed

- zero bids are allowed

Holy effin sh*t Hess. Now you have me worried about our network. What reason do I have to feel confident about my house?

because that's the first time in your life you've heard that happened.  you should worry more about getting attacked by a shark.

For the stupid people...

- you get a bank of $200

- if you want a player you make a claim and bid..  the next morning at 11 you're told if your bid was the highest

- it's not a live auction..  it's a bid.   You have to make an educated guess on how much to bid knowing you have a kitty for the whole year you can't exceed

- zero bids are allowed

So exactly what I posted, thanks.  I never intended it to mean you have a live auction for free agents.

Just so everyone is clear on how FAAB works..

when you bid whatever amount you've entered is what you'll pay (at least that's how it is on CBS for me)...

It's not like Ebay where it will look at everyone elses bid and put you $1 over to win..  so if you really want to pick someone up think about what you're willing to part with before making a bid.  You're not going to get a chance to see what everyone else has bid.  Even if you're the only one to place a bid the system will take out whatever amount you put in.

So while you may think placing an $80 bid on whoever is a week 1 stud is a good idea, you may want to reconsider as that means you only have $120 left for the rest of the year.

Get it? If you don't ask now because if you whine later on I'm going to link this post.

Just so everyone is clear on how FAAB works..

when you bid whatever amount you've entered is what you'll pay (at least that's how it is on CBS for me)...

It's not like Ebay where it will look at everyone elses bid and put you $1 over to win..  so if you really want to pick someone up think about what you're willing to part with before making a bid.  You're not going to get a chance to see what everyone else has bid.  Even if you're the only one to place a bid the system will take out whatever amount you put in.

So while you may think placing an $80 bid on whoever is a week 1 stud is a good idea, you may want to reconsider as that means you only have $120 left for the rest of the year.

Get it? If you don't ask now because if you whine later on I'm going to link this post.

Sounds just as efficient as the roster limits on flex players and the snake draft. 

Sounds just as efficient as the roster limits on flex players and the snake draft. 

It's not my fault it's too heavy a concept for you to understand.

Your hero Doggin agrees it blows away the regular waiver wire scenario.

Baltimore has one of the best run-blocked OL's in football, and Trestman. If it's a PPR league, then Forsett has top 10 RB potential. I don't know the rules though... I do know that 7 bench spots juxtaposed by 9 starters is maybe the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Also, if Leelou's team is top 3, then you all suck. Her team is alright, but not something I'd expect to see called top 3 after a 12 team draft. 

never would've happenned to jc. You didn't prepare well enough 

My team is odd.

QB: Bradford, Carson Palmer

RB: Gore, Melvin Gordon

WR: Dez, Odell, Decker, Tavon Austin

TE: Ertz, Clay

D/ST: Seahawks 

Basically need Dez, Odell, and Seahawks D to put up 30 each every week.

Unbiased look at all teams...

Team  1                                              Team  2                                              Team 3

Andrew Luck                                      Matt Ryan                                           Sam Bradford

Mark Ingram                                       Adrian Peterson                                  Frank Gore           

CJ Spiller                                            Andre Ellington                                  Melvin Gordon

Antonion Brown                                 Brandon Cooks                                   Dez Bryant

Davante Adams                                  Emmanuel Sanders                             Odell Beckham

Jason Witten                                       Martellus Bennett                               Zach Ertz

Desean Jackson                                  Steve Smith Sr                                    Ameer Abdullah

Broncos D                                           Dolphins D                                         Seahawks D

Stephen Gostowski                             Nick Novak                                         Justin Tucker

BN:                                                     BN:                                                     BN:

Mike Wallace                                     Phillip Rivers                                     Eric Decker

Pierre Garcon                                     Anquan Boldin                                   Carson Palmer

Tevin Coleman                                   Antonio Gates                                     David Johnson

Colby Fleener                                     Matt Jones                                          Terrence Williams

Owen Daniels                                     Fred Jackson                                       Charles Clay

Dangelo Williams                              Markus Wheaton                                Eagles D

Marcus Mariota                                  Karlos Williams                                 Tavon Austin

Team  4                                              Team  5                                              Team 6

Peyton Manning                                 Ryan Tannehill                                   Eli Manning

Matt Forte                                           Marshawn Lynch                                Eddie Lacy

Alfred Morris                                     Lamar Miller                                      Latavius Murray

Randall Cobb                                      Calvin Johnson                                   AJ Green           

Allen Robinson                                   Amari Cooper                                     Deandre Hopkins

Delanie Walker                                  Travis Kelce                                       Richard Rogers

Doug Martin                                       Brandon Marshall                               Chris Ivory

Rams D                                               Jets D                                                  Cardinals

Mason Crosby                                    Dan Carpenter                                    Nick Folk                                               

BN:                                                     BN:                                                     BN:

Sammy Watkins                                 Legarrette Blount                               Charles Johnson

Duke Johnson                                     Eddie Royal                                        Rashad Jennings

Devin Funchess                                  Teddy Bridgewater                             Matt Stafford

Ronnie Hillman                                  Knile Davis                                         Michael Floyd

Jay Cutler                                           Marvin Jones                                      David Cobb

Jeff Janis                                             Austin Sef-Jenkins                             Brandon Coleman

Vernon Davis                                      Khiry Robinson                                  Kyle Rudolph         

Team  7                                              Team  8                                              Team 9

Russell Wilson                                   Cam Newton                                       Ben Roethlisberger

Jonathan Stewart                                Justin Forsett                                      CJ Anderson

Bishop Sankey                                    Joseph Randell                                   DeMarco Murray

Vincent Jackson                                 Demarius Thomas                              Julian Edleman

Roddy White                                      Julio Jones                                          Golden Tate

Jordan Cameron                                 Greg Olsen                                          Heath Miller

Mike Evans                                         Jarvis Landry                                      Devante Freeman

Texans D                                             Panthers D                                          Bills D

Steve Hauschka                                  Dan Bailey                                          Adam Vinateri          

BN:                                                     BN:                                                     BN:

Leveon Bell                                        Isiah Crowell                                      Larry Fitzgerald

TY Hilton                                           Ryan Matthews                                   Doug Baldwin

Joique Bell                                          Kendall Wright                                   Victor Cruz

Danny Woodhead                               Stevie Johnson                                    Jordan Reed

Brandon LaFell                                   Tyler Eifert                                         Charles Simms

Lions D                                               Roy Helu                                             Matt Prater

Colin Kapernick                                 Derrick Carr                                       Julius Thomas

Team  10                                            Team 11                                             Team 12

Drew Brees                                         Aaron Rodgers                                    Tom Brady

Jamaal Charles                                   LeSean Mccoy                                    Jeremy Hill

Todd Gurley                                       TJ Yeldon                                           Carlos Hyde

Alshon Jeffries                                   Jordan Matthews                                Keenan Allen

Martavius Bryant                               Andre Johnson                                    Jeremy Maclin

Jimmy Graham                                   Dewayne Allen                                   Rob Gronkowski

Gio Bernard                                        Nelson Agholor                                  Alfred Blue

Ravens D                                            Patriots D                                            Bucs D

Brandon Mcmanus                             Matt Bryant                                        Cody Parker

Shane Vereen                                      Tony Romo                                         Torrey Smith

John Brown                                         Marque Colston                                  Breshad Perriman        

Devante Parker                                   Darren Mcfadden                               Tre Mason

Joe Flacco                                           Lorenzo Taliaferro                             Brian Quick

Denard Robinson                                Eric Ebron                                          Darren Sproles

Cody Lattimer                                    Andre Williams                                  Alex Smith

Larry Donnell                                     Phil Dorsett                                        Josh Hill

Baltimore has one of the best run-blocked OL's in football, and Trestman. If it's a PPR league, then Forsett has top 10 RB potential. I don't know the rules though... I do know that 7 bench spots juxtaposed by 9 starters is maybe the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Also, if Leelou's team is top 3, then you all suck. Her team is alright, but not something I'd expect to see called top 3 after a 12 team draft. 

no one knows what you're talking about..  it wasn't an auction either.

juxtaposed..  what an ass hole.

Yeah, but what you're missing is that we start 2 RBs, 2WRs, and a Flex ... and have a 5RB and 5WR roster max.  So two of those bench spots have to go to non-WR/RBs. Doesn't that sound better now?

Yeah, but what you're missing is that we start 2 RBs, 2WRs, and a Flex ... and have a 5RB and 5WR roster max.  So two of those bench spots have to go to non-WR/RBs. Doesn't that sound better now?

the horror..  it's like the first time in the history of FF this has happened.

Archived