Fitzpatrick fans read this.

joewilly12

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Fitz didn't start the first 3 years and he was also 12/17 in his first 4 years.

There's a reason why I put his first 4 years. 

#1, it includes the 2 years he did start. 

#2. those 4 years totals to 28 games which would be close to Geno's 30 games in two years so I could compare the numbers and it would be fair to do. 

Whats worse is that Fitz actually had those 2 years to learn, Geno didnt. 

The excuses with you guys...

In 1998 were we more concerned with Vinny T's 1st two seasons with the Bucs? Or were his 1996&1997 stats more relevant ?

For the 2015 season how the players performed in 2014 means more than what happened a decade ago

Am I talking to my five year old here ?!?!?

Dude...

Geno Smith first 2 years: 5,500 yards 25 TD's 34 INT's

Fitzpatrick first 4 years:  4,100 yards 21TD's 27INT's FItz didnt have his "breakout" season until year 6. 

You're contradicting yourself something fierce right now. Its all in the "details". 

Its seriously been too long since the Jets had a respectable QB. We're willing to accept anything lol. 

Im not going to argue with yo bro. It'll be a waste of time. 

#2. those 4 years totals to 28 games which would be close to Geno's 30 games in two years so I could compare the numbers and it would be fair to do. 

You can't blame everything on the QB the Buc's have gone 6 and 26 the last 2 years and MG is 5-13 in games he started.. :winking0001:

How bad is the bearded one? The Jets are Fitzpatrick’s fourth team in four years. If he stays healthy enough to start the Jets’ season opener Sept. 13 against the Browns, they will be the sixth team for which he starts. He has started 89 games in 10 seasons — he is 33-55-1 — and not one of his teams has ever made the playoffs. The good news is that means he should fit in just fine with the Jets.

Worse Win% than Geno (Geno 42%, Fitz 37.5%)

Better Completion % than Geno (Geno 57.5%, Fitz 60.2%)

Similar Yard-Per-Att to Geno (Geno 6.8 YPA, Fitz 6.6 YPC)

Better TD:INT Ratio than Geno (Geno 0.73 TD:INT, Fitz 1.22 TD:INT)

Similar Fumble % to Geno (Geno 0.53/Fumbles-Per Game, Fitz 0.55/Fumbles-Per-Game)

Better QBR than Geno (Geno in 2014 35.4 QBR, Fitz in 2014 55.29 QBR)

Less Rushing Yards than Geno (Geno 20.1 RYPG, Fitz 16.5 RYPG)

To wrap this up, the worst thing one can say about Fitz is.....he is only slightly better than Geno Smith overall, except he throws much less INT's and has a much more epic beard.

He's got more experience, is less likely to turn it over, and is more mature and more intelligent (no question on that last point, guy aced the wonderlic and is a Harvard guy ffs).

It'll be what it'll be, but I'm hard pressed to cry too hard that Fitz is starting instead of Geno.  Statisticly, we should be better under Fitz.

Fitz was doing quite well last year in Houston before he broke his leg, so I think he will be fine in New York. His numbers were much better than Geno's. Most QB's in the NFL had better numbers than Geno.

Really? 

Fitz played 12 games last year. 7 of those 12 games Fitz threw for 212 or less yards. 8 of those games he threw for 1 TD or less, and of those he had 3 games where he passed for no TD's. He went over the 300 yards passing once, against the Titans, the same team where he threw 6 of his 17 TD's on the season. 

I know I dont have to tell you that the Titans have been one of the worst teams in the league. I also dont have to tell you that Fitz was in a division where he played those Titans and Jags twice a year. He played in the worst division in football. 

As a sidenote, thats one of the reasons why I say Luck is slightly overrated. He plays bums twice a year (Jags, TItans, Texans) wins 11 games the gets manhandled in the playoffs, yet everyone praises this dude. 

Back on topic. Ryan Fitzpatrick didnt have a good season. He beat teams that anyone in the league would beat...which was his own division or bad teams in other divisions. 

Redskins (4-12)

Raiders (3-13)

Tennessee twice (2-14)

Jags (3-13)

The only respectable team the Texans beat last year was the Bills (9-7), and Fitz had 268 yds. 1TD 2INT's in that game, which was his best game of the season until he seen the Jags and had that 6 TD performance. 

You guys are lying to yourselves. 

You can't blame everything on the QB the Buc's have gone 6 and 26 the last 2 years and MG is 5-13 in games he started.. :winking0001:

No you cant. But you can certainly tell if its the QB hurting you or not. 

The problem is that Jet fans watch Jet games. So they're tired of what they've seen from Geno so they dont mind saying that Fitz is the best option when Fitz has been the problem for 5 other teams. 

Go watch that Colts game from last year with the Texans and watch how Fitz gives that game way. Jet fans dont know about that because they didnt see it because they dont watch games of QB's they speak so highly of from other teams. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not reliable in tough situations. He couldnt even gett a .500 record in the worst division in all of football. 

Im not at all supporting Geno Smith's stupidity. Im simply engaging the bullsh*t when people say that Fitz is our best option. Dude was average during his breakout season...which he's years removed from. 

I think if Fitz plays the whole year, he'll be somewhere in the 20th to 25th best QB.  IOW, hopefully he'll be almost average.

If Geno plays, he'll be somewhere between 16 and 32.

If what I said is true, it's not really clear what the better option is.  I'd probably go Geno, but Fitz isn't such a bad choice either...

Take it easy guys. We're arguing over two guys who shouldn't be a starting QB on any team. It'd be great if the Geno vs Fitz argument was about who should be the #2, but sadly not the case.

I side with Geno because there's more potential upside and because he looked good in camp. However that's still not a great option as he's immature, hasn't proven squat during his first 2 years and now got himself laid out by a teammate.

It's a bleak outlook regarless. Temper expectations so there's no big let-down if we start 1-3 and I guess have faith in Bowels n Co that they'll play the best option at QB. Root for whoever is tapped to be the starter.

Hope I'm wrong, but doesn't seem like we're gonna have an answer to the Geno vs Fitz thing for at least 5 or 6 weeks. So have your preference, just realize neither is a great (or even good until proven otherwise) option. Arguing over who's worse for the next month is kind of a waste of time.

I think they both suck. I was just pointing out your numbers were wrong.

I think if Fitz plays the whole year, he'll be somewhere in the 20th to 25th best QB.  IOW, hopefully he'll be almost average.

If Geno plays, he'll be somewhere between 16 and 32.

If what I said is true, it's not really clear what the better option is.  I'd probably go Geno, but Fitz isn't such a bad choice either...

Fitz isnt a bad option as your back up. A guy who can come in and be the 20th to 25th best QB as your back up isnt bad. However, when people start saying that he's our best option I have to pump the breaks. 

They love to put Geno out on front street disregarding every circumstance surrounding him those 2 years yet have every excuse in the book for Fitz. 

Exactly. 2 years in this league is a long time. The average NFL career is something like 2-3 years. And when it comes to QB's, with the way the rules favor offenses, it's pretty easy to tell when someone doesn't have it.

Besides Luck and kinda Wilson who are these QBs lighting it up from day 1?

The Jets can end this madness very easily pull off a blockbuster trade with someone willing to part with a starting QB or a decent backup who could become our next franchise QB who could that person be.

I agree. 

I'd rather take a chance on trading a 3rd or 2nd for Glennon and fail than to go into the season with Fitzpatrick as the starter. sh*t, I'd rather do that than to see Geno take over the job from Fitz if Fitz fails. 

Geno sucks and isn't the future. The Jets are never winning a SB with his useless ass as QB. Fitz is what he is. A vet that will play average at best and get us through the year.

Define Making it through year? Cause with a 6-10 at best (his career high in wins) and you will still be on the board whining ..

His first 4 years he was 12/17. That's not the numbers you posted.

I didnt say I posted 12/17. I said that the numbers I posed were right, where were his individual stats. 

Im not surprised that his numbers are 12 and 17. He's had a losing record his entire career. Everywhere he's gone he's left with a losing record, that was already established. 

Fitz isnt a bad option as your back up.

Right. If the argument was for who should be our backup QB behind some imagined solid #1 QB, I'd actually choose Fitz over Geno. But since we're debating who should be the starter... gotta go with Geno.

Not sure if that makes sense really. Just how I see it.

Right. If the argument was for who should be our backup QB behind some imagined solid #1 QB, I'd actually choose Fitz over Geno. But since we're debating who should be the stater... gotta go with Geno.

Maybe because having a losing season with starting Fitz at helm isn't helping us at all . No upside to it one bit . His contract will be up he will ride off into the sunset and we won't be in position to draft one high if need be .. It makes sense to me

Please post last years stats of them both when you say this.

Here you go. I'll provide info on Fitz. Us Jets fans know what Geno did last year. I'll just cut and paste since I already provided this for another poster here. And please keep in mind, this is a 10 year QB, not a QB coming off of his rookie season.

Fitz played 12 games last year. 7 of those 12 games Fitz threw for 212 or less yards. 8 of those games he threw for 1 TD or less, and of those he had 3 games where he passed for no TD's. He went over the 300 yards passing once, against the Titans, the same team where he threw 6 of his 17 TD's on the season. 

I know I dont have to tell you that the Titans have been one of the worst teams in the league. I also dont have to tell you that Fitz was in a division where he played those Titans and Jags twice a year. He played in the worst division in football. 

As a sidenote, thats one of the reasons why I say Luck is slightly overrated. He plays bums twice a year (Jags, TItans, Texans) wins 11 games then gets manhandled in the playoffs, yet everyone praises this dude. 

Back on topic. Ryan Fitzpatrick didnt have a good season. He beat teams that anyone in the league would beat...which was his own division or bad teams in other divisions. 

Redskins (4-12)

Raiders (3-13)

Tennessee twice (2-14)

Jags (3-13)

The only respectable team the Texans beat last year was the Bills (9-7), and Fitz had 268 yds. 1TD 2INT's in that game, which was his best game of the season until he seen the Jags and had that 6 TD performance. 

You guys are lying to yourselves. 

I didnt say I posted 12/17. I said that the numbers I posed were right, where were his individual stats.

Im not surprised that his numbers are 12 and 17. He's had a losing record his entire career. Everywhere he's gone he's left with a losing record, that was already established.

12/17 are the correct numbers not 21/27.

Go look them up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ... The point was Geno's stats are worse!

You can't be using stats for a pro Geno argument ... Use one of the other angles that the pro Geno posters are going with ... At least they make sense.

Now feel free to go back to what you were previously doing

PEE_WEE_INFINITY.jpg

Right. If the argument was for who should be our backup QB behind some imagined solid #1 QB, I'd actually choose Fitz over Geno. But since we're debating who should be the stater... gotta go with Geno.

It makes sense. This entire time I've been refuting this opinion of Fitz being a better option than Geno. He isnt. 

Define Making it through year? Cause with a 6-10 at best (his career high in wins) and you will still be on the board whining ..

He's not going to get a WR killed throwing a bad pass or get knocked out by a teammate.

As I said before this year is meaningless outside of see what the new coaches, system and players can do. The Jets aren't seeing the playoffs for a few years.

the problem with this thread is that the Jets don't have a choice

Geno Smith could be getting reps, he could be getting better. Instead he's trying to get on solid foods. 

And while a great deal of the blame for this is on IK, a good portion of this situation is Geno's fault. 

That's the problem with Geno Smith. Got all the tools, physically, he just doesn't make good decisions. 

Is Fitz average? sure. But he makes decent decisions, on and off the field. 

Archived