Fitzpatrick fans read this.

joewilly12

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. 

I'd rather take a chance on trading a 3rd or 2nd for Glennon and fail than to go into the season with Fitzpatrick as the starter. sh*t, I'd rather do that than to see Geno take over the job from Fitz if Fitz fails. 

Not counting Devin Smith in the last decade these are our 2nd rd picks..Mike Nugent,Justin Miller,Kellen Clemens,Davis Harris,Vlad Ducasse,Stephen Hill,Geno and Amaro.. Outside of David Harris we really haven't hit many solid choices, that's why I would waste a 2nd pick on The Foe's Mike "The Gun" Glennon.. :winking0001:

Not counting Devin Smith in the last decade these are our 2nd rd picks..Mike Nugent,Justin Miller,Kellen Clemens,Davis Harris,Vlad Ducasse,Stephen Hill,Geno and Amaro.. Outside of Davis Harris we really haven't hit many solid choices, that's why I would waste a 2nd pick on The Foe's Mike "The Gun" Glennon.. :winking0001:

And I promise you, it wouldnt be a waste! lol. 

Im about to go to Florham Park myself. You're getting me hyped dude lol. 

If Macca and Bowles cant see how bad Fitzpatrick is we have bigger problems. 

Im a Geno Smith fan I was expecting big things from him this season. 

Lets see what Fitzpatrick does next pre season game for the doubters and if I'm wrong I eat crow no worries I dont hide I actually want him to do well for all us Jets fans. 

If Macca and Bowles cant see how bad Fitzpatrick is we have bigger problems. 

they did give Geno all the reps and basically gave him the job. So they agree with you JW. 

As a football player Geno Smith is better than Fitz. at least on paper. He is certainly a better athlete.

but as a human being Geno Smith is a disaster. Who doesn't pay their debts?  

they did give Geno all the reps and basically gave him the job. So they agree with you JW. 

As a football player Geno Smith is better than Fitz. at least on paper

as a human being Geno Smith is a disaster. Who doesn't pay their debts? 

What players do off the field doesn't concern me until it effects what they do  on the field.  

Here you go. I'll provide info on Fitz. Us Jets fans know what Geno did last year. I'll just cut and paste since I already provided this for another poster here. And please keep in mind, this is a 10 year QB, not a QB coming off of his rookie season.

Fitz played 12 games last year. 7 of those 12 games Fitz threw for 212 or less yards. 8 of those games he threw for 1 TD or less, and of those he had 3 games where he passed for no TD's. He went over the 300 yards passing once, against the Titans, the same team where he threw 6 of his 17 TD's on the season. 

I know I dont have to tell you that the Titans have been one of the worst teams in the league. I also dont have to tell you that Fitz was in a division where he played those Titans and Jags twice a year. He played in the worst division in football. 

As a sidenote, thats one of the reasons why I say Luck is slightly overrated. He plays bums twice a year (Jags, TItans, Texans) wins 11 games then gets manhandled in the playoffs, yet everyone praises this dude. 

Back on topic. Ryan Fitzpatrick didnt have a good season. He beat teams that anyone in the league would beat...which was his own division or bad teams in other divisions. 

Redskins (4-12)

Raiders (3-13)

Tennessee twice (2-14)

Jags (3-13)

The only respectable team the Texans beat last year was the Bills (9-7), and Fitz had 268 yds. 1TD 2INT's in that game, which was his best game of the season until he seen the Jags and had that 6 TD performance. 

You guys are lying to yourselves.

Appreciate the response ... It was rhetorical to JW12 ... As he is spouting wrong info

Actually have to run out to pick up the little man ... But will review your post in detail later on.

Appreciate the response ... It was rhetorical to JW12 ... As he is spouting wrong info

Actually have to run out to pick up the little man ... But will review your post in detail later on.

Im not wasting my time with you, you want stats go look them up you will disagree with them anyway.

He's not going to get a WR killed throwing a bad pass or get knocked out by a teammate.

As I said before this year is meaningless outside of see what the new coaches, system and players can do. The Jets aren't seeing the playoffs for a few years.

Are u kidding me ur hate for Geno is that personal . Your gonna tell me Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't gonna throw bad passes are you being serious ?

Lol at Recievers getting killed like elite QBs don't make passes where there guys get hit .. Welker got how concussion playing with Brady and manning . This is football, players get hit man .

You posted Fitz had 27 ints and 21 tds in his first 4 season. He had 12 tds and 17 ints in his first 4 seasons.

So in 5 years his stats were what I presented. I appreciate that, that makes my argument towards Jetsfan80 that much stronger. 

I got confused by your 12/17. It looked like a date. but since you didnt clarify I thought you were saying that was his win/lose record. 

Are u kidding me ur hate for Geno is that personal . Your gonna tell me Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't gonna throw bad passes are you being serious ?

Lol at Recievers getting killed like elite QBs don't make passes where they guys get hit .. Welker got how concussion playing with Brady and manning . This is football players get hit man .

LOL you cant make this sh*t up but the Geno haters certainly are.

Great reply

Lol at Recievers getting killed like elite QBs don't make passes where they guys get hit .. Welker got how concussion playing with Brady and manning . This is football players get hit man .

Zero personal outside of watching your team suck for 40 years. Geno isn't an NFL caliber QB.

So in 5 years his stats were what I presented. I appreciate that, that makes my argument towards Jetsfan80 that much stronger. 

I got confused by your 12/17. It looked like a date. but since you didnt clarify I thought you were saying that was his win/lose record. 

It was if you were around for Christmas during WW1??  :winking0001:

As I said. I don't like either QB. I was just pointing out your numbers were wrong.

As I said. I don't like either QB. I was just pointing out your numbers were wrong.

If you count the year he didnt record any stats then yeah, im wrong. 

I counted the first 4 years that he actually had stats recorded. But technically speaking, I was wrong. 

I was more concerned about his years that were actually recorded. Thats like Dexter McDougle, Quincy Enunwa and Shaq Evans being 2nd year players when we all know that this is their rookie season you know? But technically.....

The fact that Geno was still a somewhat unknown commodity made Geno our best option. 10 years in the league starting for 5 different teams solidifies you for being what your record says you are. Geno won 8 games his rookie year, Fitz hasnt won 8 games in a season his entire career....not even 7.

A simple glance at a record doesnt effectively refute anything, you're right. However, a detailed look does. 

geno held this team back to only 8 wins that season. last year he gave us 3

Held us back ? Do they win vs TB without Geno scrambling and getting the flag ? Do they win vs Atlanta Monday night without his solid effort , do we beat the bills with out those huge deep balls to the likes Holmes . People forget fast . That roster 2 years ago was one of the worst jets rosters constructed..

You know what I find odd about Jet fans? 

When Sanchez won 9 games his rookie season then made it to the AFCCG the excuse was "He rode on the back of the defense". 

When Sanchez won 11 games his 2nd season then made it to the AFCCG the excuse was "He rode on the back of the defense". 

Now, when Geno won 8 games his rookie season and missed the playoffs the excuse was "He held the team back that season". 

Now, when Geno won 3 games his 2nd season and missed the playoffs the excuse was "he only gave us 3 wins".

So let me get this straight. When the team wins in the reg season and in the playoffs then the credit goes to the defense. However, when the team loses in the reg season and doesnt go to the playoffs the credit goes to the QB????

How does this happen? I really dont understand. That defense looked like sh*t last year right? That defense couldnt stop 3rd and long no matter the team right? We were picking up CB's off the street right? 

How about those WR's? Didnt the Jets have by far the worst WR tandem in the league during Geno's rookie campaign? Didnt the Jets have the 6th best rushing attack in terms of yards but like the 25th best in terms of rushing TD's last year? 

Seriously, most Jets fans cannot be taken seriously when discussing quarterbacks. 

Archived