Fitzpatrick fans read this.

joewilly12

Stick to the one subject. I'm the one saying it's more than numbers. I didn't say a word about Geno. You're the one dancing around 2013s win total. You're spinning again

how is his win total from last season not on subject when your whole point is that geno won 8 games in a season????

...you just cant find a way to fit him winning 3 games last year into your ....."geno is a quarterback who won 8 games" rhetoric....so somehow it's off subject?????

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He played well when decker was ok the field did he not ? He goes down nothing but scrubs left things fell apart .

Vick played he worst ever ball here with the same group .. Kerley is a 4th string WR for us right now. Last year he was #1 . I'm not saying Geno is the answer but he wasn't given the best situation . Rex has not developed 1 QB to date . Chan,Bowles,Marshall clearly favored Geno . I think I'm just more interested in seeing than anything . He has all the physical skills so where good there . Fitz brings a limited arm with gunsliger mentality he is very capable of throwing 20 picks just as well . We gain nothing with him imo at the moment . If Geno blows sure let him play

i honestly think it sucks that these are our 2 choices. its like arguing if we'd rather eat a log of dog sh*t or a log of cat sh*t. either way we are eating sh*t.......

Geno's garbage and Fitz is mediocre. Here's to hoping for a high draft pick so we can finally get a qb. Hate to break it to you guys but we're going nowhere with either Fitz or Geno at the helm. Hopefully, Bowles is smart enough to tank the season like Lovie did when he realizes the team sucks.

Geno's garbage and Fitz is mediocre. Here's to hoping for a high draft pick so we can finally get a qb. Hate to break it to you guys but we're going nowhere with either Fitz or Geno at the helm. Hopefully, Bowles is smart enough to tank the season like Lovie did when he realizes the team sucks.

I just love the "geno is garbage posts.."  nobody wants to give a kid time to develop!

I just love the "geno is garbage posts.."  nobody wants to give a kid time to develop!

This isn't ******* 1998 where every rookie qb who started looked like sh*t. The games changed since then with rookie qbs leading teams into the playoffs and generally showing some form of success the first couple of years. I got a question for all you people supporting Geno? Would you take RG3? Because he's shown way more success then Geno and people on here lambast him as a bust.

This is all regurgitated material that has been on these boards previously. A simple glance at a W-L record does not effectively refute the statement that Ryan Fitzpatrick was our best option. Not a great option, not even a good option, but our best option. He's a professional who can command a huddle, and in 80+ games in his career, offenses led by Fitz have put up 21+ points. WR's like Kendall Wright and Stevie Johnson have had great seasons playing with him, then disappeared after he left to be the starter/spot starter for other squads.

That's a QB who has by and large done his job and been an effective starter when asked to be. The same cannot be said about Geno Smith.

Wait 80+ games with 21 points out of 89 starts? Geno has 11 games out of 27 with 21 points or more. 89% vs 40%. Different sample size is apparent but assuming my math (not my strong point) is correct there is almost no comparison and I'm one of the people holding out hope for Geno to grow and get better despite what has happened. We need around 21 points with this defense and we should be able to hang with just about anyone. I apologize if this point was already made I just opened the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This isn't ******* 1998 where every rookie qb who started looked like sh*t. The games changed since then with rookie qbs leading teams into the playoffs and generally showing some form of success the first couple of years. I got a question for all you people supporting Geno? Would you take RG3? Because he's shown way more success then Geno and people on here lambast him as a bust.

Why do fans have to be labled as Geno supporters or apologists?

The guy was a 2nd round pick, QB's take time to develop.  He was outplaying everyone in camp and all off-season, in a system Fitzpatrick knows inside and out and is playing for the same coach Fitz excelled under...  That speaks volumes.

Geno hasn't established himself, but nobody wants to allow that to happen, I mean god forbid?

12/17 are the correct numbers not 21/27.

They both are right.  One is after 2 seasons (of playing; 2006 and 2007 it looks like he took a kneel down)  and the other is after 3 seasons.

He is a passable QB.  He will be the good to bad teams more often then not.  He will throw a crushing INT against good teams.

Why do fans have to be labled as Geno supporters or apologists?

The guy was a 2nd round pick, QB's take time to develop.  He was outplaying everyone in camp and all off-season, in a system Fitzpatrick knows inside and out and is playing for the same coach Fitz excelled under...  That speaks volumes.

Geno hasn't established himself, but nobody wants to allow that to happen, I mean god forbid?

He's been ranked dead last in the league for 2 years straight. Their was even a new poll where offensive coaches ranked him as the worst qb in the league. He's ******* garbage. We wasted two years on this kid, passing on the likes of Bridgewater and Carr for this **** up. I don't care about giving Geno shot, hell he sucks so starting him would be better for our draft position. But considering the fact that we passed on actual qbs to give this dumbass a shot is sickening.

Seriously, the bar Geno supporters hold Geno to is ******* ridiculous. If Geno wasn't on the Jets and say the Bills or Dolphins people here would be laughing their asses off calling the kid a bust and a loser. Homerism for him is insane. He sucks.

No way in hell the fact that he is a QB for the NY Jets I have patience so far the O'Briens,Todds,Esiasons,Nagles,Foleys,Fiedlers,Mirers,Penningtons (I know I misses a few)  have all done Jack sh*t here Geno showed some promise and gave hope.

They both are right. One is after 2 seasons (of playing; 2006 and 2007 it looks like he took a kneel down) and the other is after 3 seasons.

He is a passable QB. He will be the good to bad teams more often then not. He will throw a crushing INT against good teams.

Go watch the Brady trials. They're not both right.

No way in hell the fact that he is a QB for the NY Jets I have patience so far the O'Briens,Todds,Esiasons,Nagles,Foleys,Fiedlers,Mirers,Penningtons (I know I misses a few)  have all done Jack sh*t here Geno showed some promise and gave hope.

What do you think of EJ Manuel? Cause their literally the exact same type of qb, a pile of sh*t.

How bad is the bearded one? The Jets are Fitzpatrick’s fourth team in four years. If he stays healthy enough to start the Jets’ season opener Sept. 13 against the Browns, they will be the sixth team for which he starts. He has started 89 games in 10 seasons — he is 33-55-1 — and not one of his teams has ever made the playoffs. The good news is that means he should fit in just fine with the Jets.

Aww look at the SOJF trolls starting early this year. 

Seriously, the bar Geno supporters hold Geno to is ******* ridiculous. If Geno wasn't on the Jets and say the Bills or Dolphins people here would be laughing their asses off calling the kid a bust and a loser. Homerism for him is insane. He sucks.

Such an ignorant post.  Yeah, we Jets fans want our 2nd round pick, who is still just 24, we want him to develop and establish himself as our franchise QB, man what a horrible line of thinking by most Jets fans.  :fighting0093:

You want to go by numbers, go back and research all the numbers for all the good QB's over the years and tell me how their stats match up, this line of reasoning is a cop out.

Geno, despite his inconsistencies, has also shown in small stretches that he has plenty of ability, it's the Geno haters and whatever personal vendetta that they have against the player that don't even want him to succeed, and THAT is pathetic.

Fact you are wrong Figures dont lie. 

It was from an article I didnt say it. 

If figures don't lie then you'd have to agree Geno is the worst QB in the league.  Fitzy QBR was like 25 pts higher than his.

Maccagnan indicated he thought Smith would be out at least through the team’s first four games of the season. The timetable initially was a 6-to 10-week recovery that would have put Smith back, at the earliest, by Week 3 of the season. Smith is recovering from jaw surgery, which took place last Thursday.

genoweb19s-1-web.jpgROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS It's possible that Geno Smith ends up on short-term injured reserve, according to Jets GM Mike Maccagnan.

Maccagnan said it was a “possibility” but unlikely that the team would place Smith on short-term IR, which would keep him out for eight weeks of the season. That means Gang Green will likely carry four quarterbacks on their 53-man roster.

Has anyone asked the Fitz Fanatics why his former HC instantly named Geno the starter back when it was still snowing?  Or why Geno was getting 95% of the 1st team reps?  How about why the HC who has no ties to either was on board with Geno from the word go?

These guys don't understand that Fitzpatricks very mediocre statistical output was done with a much better supporting cast than anything Geno has had in his first 2.

If Fitz was here last year the record would not have been any better.  Idzik and the JV team are gone.  It's time to see what Geno can do on Varsity.

Stop stomping your feet and hoping that Fitzpatrick is better than Geno..  he's not.  The coaches seem to have seen it that way as well.

Did you take a "detailed look" at Geno's 8-8 season, where he threw for 12 TD's, 21 picks, and had 8 fumbles, and benefitted from a running game that totalled nearly 2200 yards?  How about his follow-up 4-12 campaign?

Fitz can never be labeled a "winner".  But this 8-8 season for Geno has been repeated over and over as if he played a big hand in that.  He was a handoff machine (we ran it 493 times; Geno only attempted 443 passes) who despite our best "Hide the QB" efforts and a successful running game led us to a finish of 29th in total offense.

At least when Fitz has had some success in this league, he's played a big hand in it.  Again, 80+ times in his career he's done his job. That's not a track record of a bottom 3 QB like Geno.  When we lose, Geno is a top 3 reason nearly every time.  When Fitz has lost in his career, about half the time it was on his defenses.  That's a pretty wide disparity.

Geno had 6 rushing touchdowns in his rookie year and extended many drives with his feet. So he actually had 18TDs and 21 TDs. While his stats were terrible he DID make some plays when it mattered. He had 4 or 5 game winning drives his rookie year as well which is another point that he makes plays. And Fitz is not capable of doing that. Just having decent looking QBR stats does not in any way make you an effective QB. And Fitz does not. Which is why he is not and has never been a consistently effective QB. Geno's upside is so much greater than Fitz it is not even funny. And Bowles comments today suggested he feels the same.

Such an ignorant post.  Yeah, we Jets fans want our 2nd round pick, who is still just 24, we want him to develop and establish himself as our franchise QB, man what a horrible line of thinking by most Jets fans.  :fighting0093:

You want to go by numbers, go back and research all the numbers for all the good QB's over the years and tell me how their stats match up, this line of reasoning is a cop out.

Geno, despite his inconsistencies, has also shown in small stretches that he has plenty of ability, it's the Geno haters and whatever personal vendetta that they have against the player that don't even want him to succeed, and THAT is pathetic.

Once again, what do you think about EJ Manuel or RG3? If you think either one of them is a bust what basis do you hold that they are a bust while Geno is not besides some Jets homerism. Also, you can wish he develops all you want, hell I wish I could win the lottery. Doesn't mean I base my life plan around the lottery though, unlike what you Geno lovers and the Jets organization have been doing with Geno Smith when it comes to the direction of the franchise. Fact of the matter is we don't have a starting caliber qb on the roster, and we would if it wasn't for this retarded notion of giving Geno Smith a shot that caused us pass on the likes of Carr and Bridgewater.

Once again, what do you think about EJ Manuel or RG3? If you think either one of them is a bust what basis do you hold that they are a bust while Geno is not besides some Jets homerism. Also, you can wish he develops all you want, hell I wish I could win the lottery. Doesn't mean I base my life plan around the lottery though, unlike what you Geno lovers and the Jets organization have been doing with Geno Smith when it comes to the direction of the franchise. Fact of the matter is we don't have a starting caliber qb on the roster, and we would if it wasn't for this retarded notion of giving Geno Smith a shot that caused us pass on the likes of Carr and Bridgewater.

Once again, first time you asked...

I don't think the book is closed yet on RGIII either

EJ has never shown any potential, Geno has at least shown in short stretches that he has a lot of ability.  EJ can't even throw the damn ball.

We have multiple starting QB's on the roster, one is a 2 year player going into yr 3, who has been inconsistent, but has shown a lot of potential, and who is still maturing both as a QB and a person at 24 yrs old.

Fitz is a solid QB, has everything but a big arm and upper tier athleticism, makes up for it with grit, smarts, leadership, and intangibles.

Petty has all the tools but is extremely raw, not yet anything...

Fact of the matter is Geno has played his only two years with nothing around him until the end of last year and a head coach that doesn't believe in a dynamic NFL offense, and doesn't know how to develop QB's, we have that now with Gailey.

Geno had 6 rushing touchdowns in his rookie year and extended many drives with his feet. So he actually had 18TDs and 21 TDs. While his stats were terrible he DID make some plays when it mattered. He had 4 or 5 game winning drives his rookie year as well which is another point that he makes plays. And Fitz is not capable of doing that. Just having decent looking QBR stats does not in any way make you an effective QB. And Fitz does not. Which is why he is not and has never been a consistently effective QB. Geno's upside is so much greater than Fitz it is not even funny. And Bowles comments today suggested he feels the same.

Exactly, the Geno haters will just put up a blind eye though.

how is his win total from last season not on subject when your whole point is that geno won 8 games in a season????

...you just cant find a way to fit him winning 3 games last year into your ....."geno is a quarterback who won 8 games" rhetoric....so somehow it's off subject?????

Clueless, my response of 8 wins was a discussion about 2013. 2014 was a different story, different team. Should brought up Geno's 2013 numbers, I didn't.

Once again, first time you asked...

I don't think the book is closed yet on RGIII either

EJ has never shown any potential, Geno has at least shown in short stretches that he has a lot of ability.  EJ can't even throw the damn ball.

We have multiple starting QB's on the roster, one is a 2 year player going into yr 3, who has been inconsistent, but has shown a lot of potential, and who is still maturing both as a QB and a person at 24 yrs old.

Fitz is a solid QB, has everything but a big arm and upper tier athleticism, makes up for it with grit, smarts, leadership, and intangibles.

Petty has all the tools but is extremely raw, not yet anything...

Fact of the matter is Geno has played his only two years with nothing around him until the end of last year and a head coach that doesn't believe in a dynamic NFL offense, and doesn't know how to develop QB's, we have that now with Gailey.

EJ has consistently been at 58% completion percentage based on stats. Geno's best year was at 59% and that's with him getting benched and pulled out of games. He's basically shown the same flashes that Geno has but yet you view him as a bust but yet Geno isn't? Homerism at it's finest. If Geno was on the Bills you'd be saying the kid was a bust and has shown nothing. And Mornhinwheg has a better qb resume then Gailey does and he couldn't get Geno to stop being retarded. You think Gailey will? A guy who's been out of the game for like two years?

Archived