Fitzpatrick fans read this.

joewilly12

Clueless, my response of 8 wins was a discussion about 2013. 2014 was a different story, different team. Should brought up Geno's 2013 numbers, I didn't.

Same quarterback. He had 3 wins. When your argument is wrong calling the other person clueless doesn't make it right genius....you don't have to bring up Geno's 2013 numbers...I already did. That's my whole damn point. Your point is that he had 8 wins and the numbers don't matter....now you're saying you should have brought them up? Please do, the were sh*t. He led one of the worst offenses in the league. The team won 8 games, just like the TEAM (your words)only won 3 with geno in last year......

But thanks for proving that football is a team sport and it takes a whole team to win or lose and not just a quarterback.

That said, if you want to win consistently you need very good quarterback play. Good quarterback play inevitably means he will post very good stats.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitz is a solid QB, has everything but a big arm and upper tier athleticism, makes up for it with grit, smarts, leadership, and intangibles.

Fact of the matter is Geno has played his only two years with nothing around him until the end of last year and a head coach that doesn't believe in a dynamic NFL offense, and doesn't know how to develop QB's, we have that now with Gailey.

Your description of fitz sounds a whole lot like a Chad Pennington description.

What did we have at the end of last year That was so much better than the beginning?

Your description of fitz sounds a whole lot like a Chad Pennington description.

What did we have at the end of last year That was so much better than the beginning?

A healthy NFL caliber WR?

Now add to that a legit #1 WR and a couple deep threat options. Plus a new (many would say better) offensive system with the all important 3rd year for the young QB.

Should be fun seeing what the kid can do.

A healthy NFL caliber WR?

Now add to that a legit #1 WR and a couple deep threat options. Plus a new (many would say better) offensive system with the all important 3rd year for the young QB.

Should be fun seeing what the kid can do.

Cmon that isn't important .Geno couldn't light it up with this all star group he has no chance ..Greg Salas, David Nelson, Clyde Gates , TJ Graham ,Jordan White. Zach Sudfeld, and Jalen Suanders, injured Santonio Holmes and The Freak Stephen Hill . At least 3 of them are no longer in the league anymore.

Here you go. I'll provide info on Fitz. Us Jets fans know what Geno did last year. I'll just cut and paste since I already provided this for another poster here. And please keep in mind, this is a 10 year QB, not a QB coming off of his rookie season.

Fitz played 12 games last year. 7 of those 12 games Fitz threw for 212 or less yards. 8 of those games he threw for 1 TD or less, and of those he had 3 games where he passed for no TD's. He went over the 300 yards passing once, against the Titans, the same team where he threw 6 of his 17 TD's on the season. 

First of all, you're counting a game in which he went 3 for 6. Second, in the games that you mention, the six of them, he only threw the ball a combined 135 times in those six games. He completed 62 percent of his passes in those six games and had a cumulative passer rating in those games of 97. His team went 3-3 in those games which include an overtime loss at Dallas and a five point loss to the Colts, who lost to the Pats in the AFC championship game.

Go watch the Brady trials. They're not both right.

Here you go cleetus:

2005: 4 TDs-8 INTs

2008: 8 TDs-9 INTs - Career Total: 12 TDs - 17 INTs 

2009: 9 TDs-10 INTs -  Career Totals 21 TDs - 27 INTs

It looks like both totals are correct.

How bad is the bearded one? The Jets are Fitzpatrick’s fourth team in four years. If he stays healthy enough to start the Jets’ season opener Sept. 13 against the Browns, they will be the sixth team for which he starts. He has started 89 games in 10 seasons — he is 33-55-1 — and not one of his teams has ever made the playoffs. The good news is that means he should fit in just fine with the Jets.

What is the point of this thread?

Geno isn't an option the first month of the season. Matt Flynn was the best of the street QBs. Anyone the Jets contact about a potential trade for a QB will be demanding a king's ransome for players marginally more accomplished than Bryce Petty.

So is it just to sh*t on the Jets starter? Because Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting the first four games of the season, at a minimum. If he plays poorly, then maybe Geno or Matt Flynn will get a shot (the latter only if Fitz is so bad that the Jets cut him). The organization, like you, preferred Geno up until the moment he got his jaw broken. They wanted to see what he could do in his third season, in an offense well suited to his physical abilities. I thought it was a good plan, and thoroughly supported it. But Geno's role in getting his jaw broken has altered my view of him, and I'm sensing team officials feel the same way. That maybe he isn't worth the effort.

Same quarterback. He had 3 wins. When your argument is wrong calling the other person clueless doesn't make it right genius....you don't have to bring up Geno's 2013 numbers...I already did. That's my whole damn point. Your point is that he had 8 wins and the numbers don't matter....now you're saying you should have brought them up? Please do, the were sh*t. He led one of the worst offenses in the league. The team won 8 games, just like the TEAM (your words)only won 3 with geno in last year......

But thanks for proving that football is a team sport and it takes a whole team to win or lose and not just a quarterback.

That said, if you want to win consistently you need very good quarterback play. Good quarterback play inevitably means he will post very good stats.

You're still missing the point.  Someone brought up 8 wins and you said it had nothing to do with Geno.  But he won 8 games, you don;t get to tell us that the 8 wins are not his but the 3 the following season are.  

Is this that hard to understand?

You're still missing the point. Someone brought up 8 wins and you said it had nothing to do with Geno. But he won 8 games, you don;t get to tell us that the 8 wins are not his but the 3 the following season are.

Is this that hard to understand?

I didn't say it. You did or someone else did and then you agreed. It's not black and white. Did geno help win those 8 games? Sure. Was he the biggest reason we won those 8 games? Not at all. There was a season where Marinos dolphins won 8 games. I forget what year but check the stars. His numbers were phenomenal. We basically put the team on his back and won those games with his arm. Of course he had help from his team, but he was the biggest reason that team won those games. 2013 geno? Not so much. Believe whatever you want. There's a reason why the teams with the quarterbacks who put up the great stats win consistently while the trams like the jets don't. I brought up the 3 games to make a point that if you guys want to give him those 8 games then you have to give him those 3 games in 2014

Vinny T's record was almost identical to Fitz's before he came to the Jets.  Parcells turned him around so maybe Bowles can turn around Fitz's fortunes.  Fitz is all we got for now and is better than anything else we can get.

Vinny T's record was almost identical to Fitz's before he came to the Jets.  Parcells turned him around so maybe Bowles can turn around Fitz's fortunes.  Fitz is all we got for now and is better than anything else we can get.

Hopefully if he does mimic Vinny's success (unlikely given his physical limitations) we don't simply assume we're "set" at QB going forward.  That's my only fear.  I'm confident Fitz will make us competitive, but he's only the answer for us for one season as a stopgap.  Macc and his team will have a full offseason next year to plan for our future at QB for 2016 and beyond.

Hopefully if he does mimic Vinny's success (unlikely given his physical limitations) we don't simply assume we're "set" at QB going forward. That's my only fear. I'm confident Fitz will make us competitive, but he's only the answer for us for one season as a stopgap.

I think we draft another QB next year. We may need to throw Sheldon into a trade to jump up for one of the top ones. I don't think Fitz is the answer. I just think he is the best answer we have right now. I also don't think Geno is the answer either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we draft another QB next year. We may need to throw Sheldon into a trade to jump up for one of the top ones. I don't think Fitz is the answer. I just think he is the best answer we have right now. I also don't think Geno is the answer either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct.  Petty ought to be the only current QB of any substance on the 2016 roster (unless Jake Heaps ends up slotting in as the 2016 3rd stringer), and we need to operate under the assumption that Petty is NOT our long-term answer entering this draft.  As a 4th rounder, he makes for a very cheap backup at worst, which is nice.

Geno's contract doesn't expire until after 2016 but if the coaching staff determines the distraction of having him around outweighs the value he brings as a "veteran" backup, I don't see a problem with the Jets deciding to move him.  But either way he needs to be relegated to basically a non-factor to our plans at QB from here on out.  He has zero ties to this regime and is seemingly doing everything in his power to implode his career.

Has anyone asked the Fitz Fanatics why his former HC instantly named Geno the starter back when it was still snowing?  Or why Geno was getting 95% of the 1st team reps?  How about why the HC who has no ties to either was on board with Geno from the word go?

because coaches aren't perfect. In fact they all get fired. 

Whenever people start trying to prop up things they favor by denigrating the alternative you know they have have no answers as to why the thing they favor is not the right choice.  You see it in business, all aspects of everyday life and of course this thread is a shining example.

I like Geno.

People say Geno sucks.

I have no argument as to whey Geno is any good.

Blast the alternative because in some universe that will make people like Geno more.

lol. this is a joke. lets take 6 of the top quaterbacks form last year according to their stats.....

tom brady - 33 td, 9 interceptions, 64.1% completion rate, 97.4 passer rating              record 12-4 (won the superbowl)

aaron rodgers - 38 td, 5 interceptions, 65.6% completion rate, 112.2 passer rating       record 12-4 (played in nfc championship and lost to russell wilsons seahawks who had a nice season stat wise as well)

ben roethlisberger - 32 td, 9 interceptions, 67.1% completion rate, 103.3 passer rating      record 11-5 (lost in wild card round to flacco's ravens who also had a nice season as far as stats go)

peyton manning - 39 td, 15 interceptions, 66.2% completion rate, 101.5 passer rating      record 12-4 (lost in dicisional round to andrew lucks colts who has a stellar year as far as qb stats go)

tony romo - 34 td, 9 interceptions, 69.9% completion rate, 113.2 passer rating                record 12-4 (lost to aaron rodgers packers who is probably best quarterback in the league)

andrew luck - 40 td, 16 interceptions, 61.7% completion rate, 96.5 passer rating       record 11-5 (lost to patriots and we all know tom brady is great qb and puts up monster stats)

notice a pattern? the teams that win are the teams who have qb's who put up great stats. stop trying to convince yourself a quarterbacks numbers dont matter. you want to win you need a quarterback who plays great....throws alot of touchdowns, has a high completion rate, limits interceptions, puts up passing yards...........etc etc.

the numbers dont lie.....geno smith has been one of, if not the worst qb in the league since he came in. idk why you guys dont get that. i know theres that glimmer of hope that he turns it around and suddenly becomes a quaterback who puts up great numbers and wins ball games with his arm. we all want it. we have all watched our team consistently have some of the worst quarterbacks in the league for a majority of the time we've been fans. it sucks.....but stop deluding yourselves into thinking a quarterbacks numbers dont matter. just because we havent had a qb on this team put up nice numbers in years doesnt mean its not what we need. i am not saying fitzpatrick is going to become tom brady....but hell he's been better than geno smith

Honestly, I read like half. 

Geno is a better option than Fitzpatrick. Thats as concise as I can be. Fitz are not in the categories of any of the QB's you listed, neither is Geno...but Fitz actually had a career which meant opportunity. Geno is coming into his 3rd year. 

Not saying that he will pan out to be a superstar, I highly doubt it. My argument the entire time is that Geno is a better option than Fitz. Nothing you said has changed that. 

Whenever people start trying to prop up things they favor by denigrating the alternative you know they have have no answers as to why the thing they favor is not the right choice.  You see it in business, all aspects of everyday life and of course this thread is a shining example.

I like Geno.

People say Geno sucks.

I have no argument as to whey Geno is any good.

Blast the alternative because in some universe that will make people like Geno more.

Haha yep.  Geno isn't busting down that door and pulling a Willis Reed anytime soon.  Fitz is our guy for at least the first 4 games.  People whining about it won't change that. 

you do realize that the one jets quarterback to have the best year since, probably joe namath was a guy who was an 11 year vet and at the time who had a career record of 48-63, more interceptions than touchdowns, and only one winning season????

none other than vinny testaverde

And that same guy you talking about had a pretty stellar season for the Ravens before becoming a Jet. 

Vinny Testaverde. 

Fitzpatrick never had a season on par as Vinny. 

Now I wouldn't go that far, but he has a damn lot more potential then anyone we've had around this franchise in quite a long time.

I wouldnt go that far either. Im just trolling. You're right though. Glennon's potential is more than just him being a 3rd year unknown. He's put in some work on the field. 

What is the point of this thread?

Geno isn't an option the first month of the season. Matt Flynn was the best of the street QBs. Anyone the Jets contact about a potential trade for a QB will be demanding a king's ransome for players marginally more accomplished than Bryce Petty.

So is it just to sh*t on the Jets starter? Because Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting the first four games of the season, at a minimum. If he plays poorly, then maybe Geno or Matt Flynn will get a shot (the latter only if Fitz is so bad that the Jets cut him). The organization, like you, preferred Geno up until the moment he got his jaw broken. They wanted to see what he could do in his third season, in an offense well suited to his physical abilities. I thought it was a good plan, and thoroughly supported it. But Geno's role in getting his jaw broken has altered my view of him, and I'm sensing team officials feel the same way. That maybe he isn't worth the effort.

It is crafting the narrative amongst Geno supporters for this return after injury.  If you are a Geno supporter what else is there for you at this point?

First of all, you're counting a game in which he went 3 for 6. Second, in the games that you mention, the six of them, he only threw the ball a combined 135 times in those six games. He completed 62 percent of his passes in those six games and had a cumulative passer rating in those games of 97. His team went 3-3 in those games which include an overtime loss at Dallas and a five point loss to the Colts, who lost to the Pats in the AFC championship game.

Whatever excuse you want to give him bro. 

The comment stated that "Fitz had a good season last year". I pointed out that he had a below average year where he played in the worst division in the NFL, had a losing record and his best game came against the Titans where he threw 6 of his 17 TD's. 

The excuses for this guy is never ending. 

Whatever excuse you want to give him bro. 

The comment stated that "Fitz had a good season last year". I pointed out that he had a below average year where he played in the worst division in the NFL, had a losing record and his best game came against the Titans where he threw 6 of his 17 TD's. 

The excuses for this guy is never ending. 

Facts are not excuses. I was disputing your "facts", and rightly so.

You gave me facts about top QB's in the league. That has nothing to do with the guy who is currently the starter for our team. THAT dude is below average. 

You can try to dispute truth all you want. 

If you want to make that point I suggest you use something other than those games. You can make a broader point and I'm not saying I disagree -he is below average, but bullsh*t is still bullsh*t no matter the bigger picture.

yep and Fitz has never provided consistently good QB play which is why a team he has been a part of has never won more than 6 games in a season w/ him as starter.  I hope that changes this year.

If you want to make that point I suggest you use something other than those games. You can make a broader point and I'm not saying I disagree -he is below average, but bullsh*t is still bullsh*t no matter the bigger picture.

Bottom line is he is our QB now, lets Bleed Green and realize he does have the advantage/comfort level/understanding/progression read knowledge of many years with this exact playbook/system (which is a GOOD thing folks, gee) and lets root for a W no matter who the QB is.

Seems like we would rather one up each other than root for a damn W and great season.

And that same guy you talking about had a pretty stellar season for the Ravens before becoming a Jet.

Vinny Testaverde.

Fitzpatrick never had a season on par as Vinny.

The thing is I don't like fitz that much either. But there's nothing to prove geno is a better option. If fitz fails we will see geno. But I'm not getting my hopes up that he will be any better than what we've seen from him already

I used his entire season. I used every game he participated in. Im not going to nitpick. 

Bottom line is he is our QB now, lets Bleed Green and realize he does have the advantage/comfort level/understanding/progression read knowledge of many years with this exact playbook/system (which is a GOOD thing folks, gee) and lets root for a W no matter who the QB is.

Seems like we would rather one up each other than root for a damn W and great season.

I have my thoughts on ryan and they aren't very positive as a starter BUT I want nothing more than for him to play really well for us and help us get back to the playoffs. I will be rooting as hard for Fitz as I have every QB that has started for us. 

The thing is I don't like fitz that much either. But there's nothing to prove geno is a better option. If fitz fails we will see geno. But I'm not getting my hopes up that he will be any better than what we've seen from him already

I cant disagree with this. 

My point of view is that Geno is still a somewhat unknown player. Given that we know what FItz is I figure Geno is the better option. However, its an opinion and cant be proven. 

My point of view is that Geno is still a somewhat unknown player.  

Actually he is known to be overwhelmed by underwhelming defenses, for opening series pick sixes, off-field behavioral problems, turnovers, and the NFL's worst rated passer two seasons running.  

Whatever else there is about him we don't know I'd rather not find out.

Actually he is known to be overwhelmed by underwhelming defenses, for opening series pick sixes, off-field behavioral problems, turnovers, and the NFL's worst rated passer two seasons running.  

Whatever else there is about him we don't know I'd rather not find out.

Then why engage the conversation? All you're going to hear is what we could find out regarding Geno. Look, Im willing to move on from him as well. I think there's atleast 2 back up QB's in this league right now that can come here and be the best QB we have. However, when it comes to Geno and Fitz this is where I must side with Geno. 

Geno's also known to have some of the worst offense playcallers, coaches who never made half time adjustments, Targets that were the worst in the league along with a LG that was a revolving door and a RG that would kill a drive with penalties as soon as Geno put something together. 

I dont get too much into the off-the field behavioral problems etc. Im not his parent and I dont know him personally...neither do you. What I do know is that the rest of that NY Jets offense including the coaching contributed to him being as bad as he was his first two years. 

At the end of the day, experience and work on your craft can do much to make you better. I know Jet fans never believe these things, and I understand. We talk about Joe Namath like we were alive to see him....but coaching does alot to help develop a player, and we've been just as depleted in that department as we have the QB department. 

How bad is the bearded one? The Jets are Fitzpatrick’s fourth team in four years. If he stays healthy enough to start the Jets’ season opener Sept. 13 against the Browns, they will be the sixth team for which he starts. He has started 89 games in 10 seasons — he is 33-55-1 — and not one of his teams has ever made the playoffs. The good news is that means he should fit in just fine with the Jets.

What do you suppose it means when you have to title a post of your own thoughts 'read this' in order to trick people into expecting content?

Archived