Fitzpatrick fans read this.

joewilly12

No Villain, you weren't nitpicking at all. You used 212 yards and seven (really six) games as a major part of your argument. 212 is the standard of excellence in football as we all know. I apologize.

You should apologize. 212 isnt the standard of excellence (though I peeped the sarcasm) yet this is what Fitz will bring to the table half the time. And that 212 was a "peak" in production. 

You should apologize for even defending this career of his and those seven (really six, but all well below average) games. (Im trolling you. relax lol)

So, you have a problem that I made that the focus of my argument? Well for the sake of not focusing in order to make a point in my argument (lol), lets take a look at the games where he's thrown more than the "212 standard of excellence" shall we? 

Vs. Giants- 289 yards 1TD 3 INT's

Vs. Buffalo- 268 yards 1 TD 2 INT's

Vs. Pit- 262 yards 2TD's 1 INT

Vs. Tenn- 227 yards 1TD 

Vs. Tenn- 358 yards 6TD's. 

Outside of that fluke Tennesse game Fitzpatrick threw more INT's than he did TD's. Matter of fact, the only games where he didnt throw any INT's was against Tennessee! 

Nothing is impressive or even average about this. Real talk, arguing aside, Are you telling me that these numbers for a guy who is in his 11th year and with his 6th team is okay to you when it comes to being a Jets starter come week 1? 

No matter what your response is I'll leave it here. I've had enough talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's a below average quarterback and his career that spans a decade has reflected that. I will respect your response but I dont need to argue the obvious. I need to reserve my time and energy for a great QB.....Mike Glennon.  :winking0001:

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should apologize. 212 isnt the standard of excellence (though I peeped the sarcasm) yet this is what Fitz will bring to the table half the time. And that 212 was a "peak" in production. 

You should apologize for even defending this career of his and those seven (really six, but all well below average) games. (Im trolling you. relax lol)

So, you have a problem that I made that the focus of my argument? Well for the sake of not focusing in order to make a point in my argument (lol), lets take a look at the games where he's thrown more than the "212 standard of excellence" shall we? 

Vs. Giants- 289 yards 1TD 3 INT's

Vs. Buffalo- 268 yards 1 TD 2 INT's

Vs. Pit- 262 yards 2TD's 1 INT

Vs. Tenn- 227 yards 1TD 

Vs. Tenn- 358 yards 6TD's. 

Outside of that fluke Tennesse game Fitzpatrick threw more INT's than he did TD's. Matter of fact, the only games where he didnt throw any INT's was against Tennessee! 

Nothing is impressive or even average about this. Real talk, arguing aside, Are you telling me that these numbers for a guy who is in his 11th year and with his 6th team is okay to you when it comes to being a Jets starter come week 1? 

No matter what your response is I'll leave it here. I've had enough talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's a below average quarterback and his career has reflected that. I will respect your response but I dont need to argue the obvious. I need to reserve my time and energy for a great QB.....Mike Glennon.  :winking0001:

I'd rather have Glennon, too. I choose optimism until proven otherwise during the season. He was ninth in football in passer rating last year and is coming to a system in which he has been successful with a better defense and surrounding talent than he's ever had. Can't you just let the optimists have that, you jerk?

I'd rather have Glennon, too. I choose optimism until proven otherwise during the season. He was ninth in football in passer rating last year and is coming to a system in which he has been successful with a better defense and surrounding talent than he's ever had. Can't you just let the optimists have that, you jerk?

Dude, you know damn well being a Jerk is a talent of mine. lol .

Now that we've gone 9 pages...has anyone asked the question; does anyone in this world actually call themselves a Ryan Fitzpatrick "fan".

I'm guessing only his family...and they're probably not that big of a fan either because he sucks.

Relative term. Mediocre would be a big upgrade on what we've been getting. I don't care where we get it but of the available options he's the most likely to give us below average quarterback play somewhere within shouting distance of normal instead of abject calamity.

Now that we've gone 9 pages...has anyone asked the question; does anyone in this world actually call themselves a Ryan Fitzpatrick "fan".  

I'm guessing only his family...and they're probably not that big of a fan either because he sucks. 

Hell, I'm only a fan of him for 1 season, then wouldn't mind him being cut.  2 reasons why I'm a fan in the short-term:

1.  He's better than Geno Smith.

2.  It pisses you off to no end when people say he is.

For some reason people seem to want to whine about something we've known for a while:  None of the QB options available to us this offseason were particularly good.  All you can do is make the most of a bad situation and have some optimism.  A 1 year stopgap starter and a mid-round pick at QB are low risk decisions, after which we re-visit the QB market in the 2016 offseason. 

We were never winning a title this season, but we might at least be competitive and make this season a little more fun than the last 4 years have been.

It would be a less uncomfortable situation coming out to my wife of 8 years as being gay than admitting to another living soul that I was a "Geno Smith fan."

Relative term. Mediocre would be a big upgrade on what we've been getting. I don't care where we get it but of the available options he's the most likely to give us below average quarterback play somewhere within shouting distance of normal instead of abject calamity.

Not arguing with any of this...

It would be a less uncomfortable situation coming out to my wife of 8 years as being gay than admitting to another living soul that I was a "Geno Smith fan."

Pretty sure, once again just like Fitzpatrick, there arent any Geno Smith "fans" in this world. 

Hell, I'm only a fan of him for 1 season, then wouldn't mind him being cut.  2 reasons why I'm a fan in the short-term:

1.  He's better than Geno Smith.

2.  It pisses you off to no end when people say he is.

For some reason people seem to want to whine about something we've known for a while:  None of the QB options available to us this offseason were particularly good.  All you can do is make the most of a bad situation and have some optimism.  A 1 year stopgap starter and a mid-round pick at QB are low risk decisions, after which we re-visit the QB market in the 2016 offseason. 

We were never winning a title this season, but we might at least be competitive and make this season a little more fun than the last 4 years have been.

It doesnt piss me off that people say he is better than Geno.  He is better than Geno.  I thinks it's ridiculous that people like you have gone out of your way to try to make Fitzpatrick into something he isnt...which is a good QB or a conquering hero.  He isnt a good QB and he's conquering nothing.  

My position this entire time was/is that it's in the best interest of the NY Jets to see if Geno could turn it around with a new coaching staff and a significantly better team surrounding him.  Mainly because, we know Fitzpatrick sucks and has had a shot in this exact system.  And there was still some hope that Geno could turn around in a new environment because he is the more talented player of the 2.  That is.  That's all.  And clearly, the coaching staff agreed with my position. 

Now, none of that matters because Geno is an a$$hole.  So, conquering hero it is.  6-12 sounds about right and we'll be looking for new QB next season to compete with Geno...again.  And that sucks but unfortunately, it is what it is.

The title of the thread is "Fitzpatrick fans read this" 

My point, are there actually Fitzpatrick fans in this world outside of his family?  

I doubt it. 

I'm a fan of anyone that improves team. I am a Fitzpatrick fan.

I'm a fan of anyone that improves team. I am a Fitzpatrick fan.

Well, I was wrong.  You and JF80 are Fitzpatrick fans.

See...that's why I asked.  I need to know these things.  I'll sleep better tonight.

Here's a thought though....what if he doesnt improve the team?  dun dun dun!!!

Dad we need to have a talk.  I'd almost rather suck d*ck than continue to watch geno do it on national television weekly.  ;)

well i guess your brother will get the baseball cards and you and your sister will have to fight it out over the China set

Dad we need to have a talk.  I'd almost rather suck d*ck than continue to watch geno do it on national television weekly.  ;)

well i guess your brother will get the baseball cards and you and your sister will have to fight it out over the China set

See...that's why I asked.  I need to know these things.  I'll sleep better tonight.

Nothing happens.  We need a new QB or 2 in 2016 regardless.  It's just humorous that people believe threads like these slamming our stopgap QB and/or comparing him to that loser Geno are worthwhile.  We get it.  Our QB options suck right now compared to most teams in the league.  That hasn't changed for a long time.  But its much easier for me to move on from Geno Smith than many, it would seem.

Nothing happens.  We need a new QB or 2 in 2016 regardless.  It's just humorous that people believe threads like these slamming our stopgap QB and/or comparing him to that loser Geno are worthwhile.  We get it.  Our QB options suck right now compared to most teams in the league.  That hasn't changed for a long time.  But its much easier for me to move on from Geno Smith than many, it would seem.

I wasnt asking you.

But if these arent worthwhile, why are you the #1 poster in these types of threads? 

I wasnt asking you.

But if these arent worthwhile, why are you the #1 poster in these types of threads? 

When the conquering hero's enemies were at the gates, the Romans would suspend democracy and appoint one man to protect him. It wasn't considered an honor, it was considered a public service.

When the conquering hero's enemies were at the gates, the Romans would suspend democracy and appoint one man to protect him. It wasn't considered an honor, it was considered a public service.

lol cincinnatus

I am rooting for Ryan but the improvement comes w/ having a good backup not w/ Ryan as a starter.

not disagreeing but the enemy of good is perfect. until that savior comes through the door you still have to try to compete

the odds of fitz dropping 20+ points in QBR from last year and matching Geno's career average is essentially zero.

:cat:

My position this entire time was/is that it's in the best interest of the NY Jets to see if Geno could turn it around with a new coaching staff and a significantly better team surrounding him. 

ok sure but at what point does the plug get pulled? Geno isn't getting reps right now. He's healing and will be for another month or two. When he returns he will likely be underweight and not in game shape. And the reps in practice mid season are more about game planning than trying to help the 3rd year QB try to read a defense. 

Geno isn't a rookie. He probably isn't getting much better. It's time to move on. 

not disagreeing but the enemy of good is perfect. until that savior comes through the door you still have to try to compete

the odds of fitz dropping 20+ points in QBR from last year and matching Geno's career average is essentially zero.

:cat:

he could put up better #s and not improve the team.  #s give us a guide but can be deceiving so he may have more Tds, less INts, higher rating and still not be an upgrade.  Fitz has always been a great garbage time QB which manipulate his stats.

ok sure but at what point does the plug get pulled? Geno isn't getting reps right now. He's healing and will be for another month or two. When he returns he will likely be underweight and not in game shape. And the reps in practice mid season are more about game planning than trying to help the 3rd year QB try to read a defense. 

Geno isn't a rookie. He probably isn't getting much better. It's time to move on. 

you have never seen Qbs get better in year 3 and beyond?  at this point after the incident it probably is time but it was worth a shot to give him one last chance going into this season.

he could put up better #s and not improve the team.  #s give us a guide but can be deceiving so he may have more Tds, less INts, higher rating and still not be an upgrade.  Fitz has always been a great garbage time QB which manipulate his stats.

I'll take the better numbers and worry about arguing whether that's good or bad later. You know you've taken a tough position when you are forced to make the argument that better play might not improve the team.

Once thing is for sure, Fitzpatrick isn't missing meetings or getting into fistfights over $600.

I'll take the better numbers and worry about arguing whether that's good or bad later. You know you've taken a tough position when you are forced to take the position that better play might not improve the team.

Once thing is for sure, Fitzpatrick isn't missing meetings or getting into fistfights over $600.

The Jets w/ a mediocre roster won 8 games w/ geno as a starter.  No team ahs won more than 6 w/ fitz.  I will always take wins over fantasy #s.

Archived