Big Slot Formation

KRL

With the #1 offense getting more reps I'll be interested in seeing if Gailey
rolls out some of his "big slot" formations.  Which if executed properly can
give us a mismatch in the following:

- Decker/Marshall will have a huge size advantage over the typical nickel CB
in the passing game

- Decker/Marshall will have a huge size advantage over the nickel CB if we decide
to run the ball

- If the defense tries to take away the size advantage by going with a LB/S then
Decker/Marshall can outrun them

Match up football from the Jets....somthing different

I would rather see TD football from the offense...

It stuck me as interesting last night that Rex's offense (and the Browns too) played FG offense (only watched the first half).  Watching the missed FG drive you saw; run on first; short pass on second, 3rd and long; sometimes it worked; sometimes it didn't; then on 3rd and long the young QB would take a 15 yrd loss on the sack and then missed FG.  Sound familiar?

Creating mismatches, especially in the Red Zone, is a great way to get those TD's. 

True, but it always seemed that the Jets played for the FGs; that being said, I am all for a change in philosophy, but I am hoping more for a change in results.  I think we can agree that in the long run we want results.  In the short run, it is obvious with talk of 'game planing for offense' and 'seeing what the young kids can do' are all promising changes from what we have seen before.

I am optimistic, but I have been before, now I just want the results.  Sadly, I don't think this is our year, but hopefully we will fix the QB and offense in the long run; I just want to see some progress.

With the #1 offense getting more reps I'll be interested in seeing if Gailey

rolls out some of his "big slot" formations.  Which if executed properly can

give us a mismatch in the following:

- Decker/Marshall will have a huge size advantage over the typical nickel CB

in the passing game

- Decker/Marshall will have a huge size advantage over the nickel CB if we decide

to run the ball

- If the defense tries to take away the size advantage by going with a LB/S then

Decker/Marshall can outrun them

going from an article a couple days ago I fully expect Decker to be the main slot guy on 3 wr packages.  Marshall on the outside, Decker in the Middle and Enunwa/DSmith on the opposite side.

True, but it always seemed that the Jets played for the FGs; that being said, I am all for a change in philosophy, but I am hoping more for a change in results.  I think we can agree that in the long run we want results.  In the short run, it is obvious with talk of 'game planing for offense' and 'seeing what the young kids can do' are all promising changes from what we have seen before.

I am optimistic, but I have been before, now I just want the results.  Sadly, I don't think this is our year, but hopefully we will fix the QB and offense in the long run; I just want to see some progress.

We had to settle for FG's mostly because our QB's were so prone to turning it over in the RZ.  3 points > 0 points.  Fitz's picks have had a tendency to be more of the "We're down big so I have to force this" variety.  Yes, he's had some boneheaded ones too, and his physical limitations regarding arm strength lead to CB's jumping routes (like the deep out), but he also had his best success in the RZ with Chan Gailey.  So there's hope there.

We had to settle for FG's mostly because our QB's were so prone to turning it over in the RZ.  3 points > 0 points.  Fitz's picks have had a tendency to be more of the "We're down big so I have to force this" variety.  Yes, he's had some boneheaded ones too, and his physical limitations regarding arm strength lead to CB's jumping routes (like the deep out), but he also had his best success in the RZ with Chan Gailey.  So there's hope there.

I hope that is true, but I really hope we just have a better OC and a head coach that isn't forcing the 'play not to loose on offense'.  Mismatches great; game planning great. Fitz throwing less picks (particularly in red-zone) great.  As long is it translates into more scoring and TDs...

I hope that is true, but I really hope we just have a better OC and a head coach that isn't forcing the 'play not to loose on offense'.  Mismatches great; game planning great. Fitz throwing less picks (particularly in red-zone) great.  As long is it translates into more scoring and TDs...

Well yeah you pretty much covered it, lol.

The sad part is that Fitz is at his ceiling right now, that being somewhere between below average and average.  We've got the WRs that a QB with an arm (Petty next year perhaps?) would die for, and noodle arm will not be able to take full advantage.  I know that he's better than anything we've seen since the Farve debacle (except Sanchez post season play was ok).  So, some hope but more angst than hope.          

I am looking forward to seeing how this team plays with actual some game planing in this third up and coming pre season game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard this every preseason since forever.  Hope springs eternal Jets fans; God bless us.

Archived