What's going on at WR and QB with today's cuts?

Jets1958

I don't understand only keeping 5 wideouts while keeping 10 offensive lineman.  You could literally have 5 wideouts on the field at the same time.  What if 2 guys get hurt in a single game.  Meanwhile Qvale and Dozier somehow made the squad and we don't have a punt returner.  In Mac I trust but this is weird.

Wide Receiver (5)

Brandon Marshall

Eric Decker

Jeremy Kerley

Devin Smith

Quincy Enunwa

Offensive Line (10)

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

James Carpenter

Nick Mangold

Willie Colon

Breno Giacomini

Ben Ijalana

Brent Qvale

Brian Winters

Dakota Dozier

Jarvis Harrison

I don't understand only keeping 5 wideouts while keeping 10 offensive lineman.  You could literally have 5 wideouts on the field at the same time.  What if 2 guys get hurt in a single game.  Meanwhile Qvale and Dozier somehow made the squad and we don't have a punt returner.  In Mac I trust but this is weird.

Wide Receiver (5)

Brandon Marshall

Eric Decker

Jeremy Kerley

Devin Smith

Quincy Enunwa

yes it is weird, and especially writ since Devin Smith is hurt for the first few games. There must be a WR signing coming down in the next few hours.

I don't understand why they only kept 5 WR's, I was hoping either Powell or Owusu. Hopefully they have a plan at WR which for me has been a bright spot on the roster this year when it came to depth.  I don't want to end up like we have the last few years.

Could be nothing more than they felt it was safer to cut those guys than others. One of them could be brought back after moves today, or they could have their eye on someone else's cuts. Teams around the league did stranger things. I know the Browns are down to six OL this morning, and another team only had three CBs. So both of those teams have to be stocked elsewhere, to be so short at those positions. When you think about it, today is the day that teams let go some better players - players they maybe hoped to trade or sneak on their own practice squads. 

Looking forward to seeing what Maccagnan does this afternoon. 

Could be nothing more than they felt it was safer to cut those guys than others. One of them could be brought back after moves today, or they could have their eye on someone else's cuts. Teams around the league did stranger things. I know the Browns are down to six OL this morning, and another team only had three CBs. So both of those teams have to be stocked elsewhere, to be so short at those positions. When you think about it, today is the day that teams let go some better players - players they maybe hoped to trade or sneak on their own practice squads. 

Looking forward to seeing what Maccagnan does this afternoon. 

I will remain cautiously optimistic. This afternoon will be interesting.

Wide Receiver (5)

Brandon Marshall

Eric Decker

Jeremy Kerley

Devin Smith

Quincy Enunwa

Offensive Line (10)

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

James Carpenter

Nick Mangold

Willie Colon

Breno Giacomini

Ben Ijalana

Brent Qvale

Brian Winters

Dakota Dozier

Jarvis Harrison

It's what they are keeping, for now. You know it can fluctuate all-season long as needed, right? :)

Considering T.Pryor made the Browns 53 as a WR, I am not sure there is much out there in FA that will be that much of an upgrade, Duran Carter maybe?

I read that the Browns only have 6 OL on their roster right now, the starting 5 plus Cameron Erving.

QB tells me they think enough of Petty that if he had to play he would not lose games.   That and the fact Geno might be healing faster then expected.     

WR I don't understand why Powell.   Thought he was playing well.  I would like to know who stayed On team instead of Powell. 

My guess is a FA vet is brought in after week 1 to negate the contract guarantees.  Petty holds he clipboard for 1 week. 

Surprised with Owusu and Powell . As others said Kerley as primary PR is disappointing. 

Archived