Jets Fun Facts: 2015 season

Villain The Foe

The Jets are 2-0 for the first time since 2011. 

So far this season the Jets have outscored their opponents 51-17. Last year the Jets held only 4 teams to under 17 points and they held no team to 10 points or less at any time. 

In 17 games last year (68 quarters) the Jets created only 13 turnovers, in 2015 the Jets have 10 turnovers in the first 2 games of the season AND they have created more turnovers than they've played quarters (8 quarters).

The Jets have not had a 2 game winning streak since December 2013. The last 2 game winning streak before that was December 2012. 

Darrelle Revis only needs 1 shoe to INT Andrew Luck.

Oh, and apparently, Ryan Fitzpatrick's beard has in fact been dipped in holy water. The Jets are 2-0 baby!

So far this season the Jets have outscored their opponents 51-17. Last year the Jets held only 4 teams to under 17 points and they held no team to 10 points or less at any time. 

In 17 games last year (68 quarters) the Jets created only 13 turnovers, in 2015 the Jets have 10 turnovers in the first 2 games of the season AND they have created more turnovers than they've played quarters (8 quarters).

The Jets have not had a 2 game winning streak since December 2013. The last 2 game winning streak before that was December 2012. 

Oh, and apparently, Ryan Fitzpatrick's beard has in fact been dipped in holy water. The Jets are 2-0 baby!

Thank you Todd and Chan and IK

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This fact really is fun.  LOL

There is the reason why this team is 2-0 right there.

Fun Fact. Ryan Fitzpatrick is on pace to have the best season of any jets QB. Fitz is on pace to throw for 3,400 yards and 32 TD's. I couldnt find a Jets QB to have ever thrown 30 or more TD's in a season. 

Yes I said Ever! 

Mind you, Fitz is doing this while completing 64% of his throws and averaging only 1 turnover per game. 

Hopefully I'll have to eat my words about Fitz.

Brandon Marshall is on pace to have a 1,300 yard season with 16 TD's. 

Eric Decker is on pace to have a 1,050 yard season with 16 TD's. 

The Jets havent had a 1,000 yard receiver since Cotchery in 2007 and havent had a WR with 1,000 yards and 10 TD's since Keyshawn Johnson in 1998. 

The Jets have not had a WR to produce over 1,300 yards or 16 TD's in recent memory, if ever. Brandon Marshall is on pace to do both this year and Decker is on pace to do the TD's. 

Plus the Jets had more points off turnovers in week 1 (21) than they had all of last season.  They added more last night

Fun Fact. Ryan Fitzpatrick is on pace to have the best season of any jets QB. Fitz is on pace to throw for 3,400 yards and 32 TD's. I couldnt find a Jets QB to have ever thrown 30 or more TD's in a season. 

Yes I said Ever! 

Mind you, Fitz is doing this while completing 64% of his throws and averaging only 1 turnover per game. 

Hopefully I'll have to eat my words about Fitz.

this is why we don't just look at stats, he was ok at best week 1 and he was less than ok last night.  he's been a mediocre guy so far but as long as the D is playing this well and he's not giving us the disastrous TO we can win games.

Plus the Jets had more points off turnovers in week 1 (21) than they had all of last season.  They added more last night

Whatever magic or medicine Bowles is using to help create these turnovers is magical.  That was Andrew Luck last night, not Johnny Manziel.  Love this dude.  He's such a bad ass.  

this is why we don't just look at stats, he was ok at best week 1 and he was less than ok last night.  he's been a mediocre guy so far but as long as the D is playing this well and he's not giving us the disastrous TO we can win games.

Yet if Fitzpatrick continues this "okay, less than okay" projection he'll end up with a historical season from a Jets perspective. Believe me, I've been critical of Fitz since the signing, but the offense is scoring points and both our #1 and #2 WR's are productive with him at the helm. 

Of course there are things with his game that could be better, but given that he was originally expected to be our back up, im going to give the guy all the credit I can until he shows otherwise. 

Yet if Fitzpatrick continues this "okay, less than okay" projection he'll end up with a historical season from a Jets perspective. Believe me, I've been critical of Fitz since the signing, but the offense is scoring points and both our #1 and #2 WR's are productive with him at the helm. 

Of course there are things with his game that could be better, but given that he was originally expected to be our back up, im going to give the guy all the credit I can until he shows otherwise. 

Historical means nothing to me, that's just #s.  It's about making plays and not the big mistake. 

the O was not scoring pts last night.  we received 5 TOs and scored just 20 pts w/ one of the "drives" starting inside the Indy 10.  The D was great last night and the O responded w/ a big drive late but when the D isn't as good we will need much more out of the O.  we cannot let teams hang around when we get 5 TOs.  it was a 3 pt game in the th and we had 4 TOs at that point.

I am very happy w/ Fitz through 2 weeks but he did not play well last night.

Historical means nothing to me, that's just #s.  It's about making plays and not the big mistake. 

the O was not scoring pts last night.  we received 5 TOs and scored just 20 pts w/ one of the "drives" starting inside the Indy 10.  The D was great last night and the O responded w/ a big drive late but when the D isn't as good we will need much more out of the O.  we cannot let teams hang around when we get 5 TOs.  it was a 3 pt game in the th and we had 4 TOs at that point.

Well, im in the middle of the game now and I'll comment about Fitz performance later on when I finish watching. 

As for stats, generally speaking if Fitz can actually throw 32 TD's to just 16 INT's for the season that matters to me. No one is saying that stats are everything, He could throw 18 TD's in 3 games and the rest spread out amongst the season so we know how numbers can give false perspective but lets not act like stats done mean anything....then again you said it means nothing to "you", so you have that right. 

Brandon Marshall is on pace to have a 1,300 yard season with 16 TD's. 

Eric Decker is on pace to have a 1,050 yard season with 16 TD's. 

The Jets havent had a 1,000 yard receiver since Cotchery in 2007 and havent had a WR with 1,000 yards and 10 TD's since Keyshawn Johnson in 1998. 

The Jets have not had a WR to produce over 1,300 yards or 16 TD's in recent memory, if ever. Brandon Marshall is on pace to do both this year and Decker is on pace to do the TD's. 

That's what happens when you go from morons like Sanchez/Geno/Schott/Mornhinweg/Sparano to Fitz/Gailey. We may not have elite talent, but we have elite minds. 

The running game last night was what most disappointed me.   Fitz is going to need a solid running game to be effective.  This offense, these receivers - will require a strong running game to allow the short passing game to be effective.

Fitz wasn't great but don't expect much from him if we can't run the ball...just doesn't have the skill set for it.

The running game last night was what most disappointed me.   Fitz is going to need a solid running game to be effective.  This offense, these receivers - will require a strong running game to allow the short passing game to be effective.

Fitz wasn't great but don't expect much from him if we can't run the ball...just doesn't have the skill set for it.

Indy took away the run but we had open receivers all night, Fitz left a lot of plays on that field.

That's what happens when you go from morons like Sanchez/Geno/Schott/Mornhinweg/Sparano to Fitz/Gailey. We may not have elite talent, but we have elite minds. 

w/ morons like sanchez and Schottenheimer we made 2 championship games.  would you rather do that or win fantasy championships w/ stats?

Running game will be fine.  Ivory just needs to get healthy. 

Running game will be fine.  Ivory just needs to get healthy. 

I tend to agree that the running game will be fine...I'm not concerned with Ivory as much as I am with the o-line.  They gave Fitz all the time in the world to throw - but couldn't push the line for the running game.  

Would be interesting to watch the film and see what the Colts did to completely shut down the Jets running game - which should be good.

Well done sir, well done!

Indy took away the run but we had open receivers all night, Fitz left a lot of plays on that field.

Im currently at the beginning of the 3rd qtr now and I really havent seen "alot of plays left on the field" during that first half. Maybe he didnt do well in the 2nd half and I'll make sure to correct myself if thats the case, but based on the fact that the first half the running game did nothing im okay with what Fitz produced. 

Decker had close to 100 yards in the first half because Fitz continued to find him every time he was in the slot and the Colts had a LB'er on him. He continued to spread out the defense and dismantle them from the slot. 

So far I've seen Enunwa drop a couple passes in that first half and Folk missing a FG to end the half. Fitzpatrick wasnt completely exposing the Colts secondary, he's not an elite QB, but he was rather productive especially with the fact that Anderson and the Colts rookie NT basically shut down the run that first half. 

Trent Dilfer anyone?  

Im currently at the beginning of the 3rd qtr now and I really havent seen "alot of plays left on the field" during that first half. Maybe he didnt do well in the 2nd half and I'll make sure to correct myself if thats the case, but based on the fact that the first half the running game did nothing im okay with what Fitz produced. 
Decker had close to 100 yards in the first half because Fitz continued to find him every time he was in the slot and the Colts had a LB'er on him. He continued to spread out the defense and dismantle them from the slot. 

So far I've seen Enunwa drop a couple passes in that first half and Folk missing a FG to end the half. Fitzpatrick wasnt completely exposing the Colts secondary, he's not an elite QB, but he was rather productive especially with the fact that Anderson and the Colts rookie NT basically shut down the run that first half. 

How many times did he throw it up for grabs into double/triple coverage?  there were open receivers, he took away a chance at pts on the INT, he missed a wide open decker on a 3rd down just outside FG range to throw it downfield to a covered receiver, it happened many times throughout the night.

Fitz was fine last night considering we had no running game at all. We barely had the ball in the 3rd qtr due to the Colts having a big drive.

Fitz put together a beautiful drive in crunch time to seal the win. He's physically limited but it's nice not seeing the disaster turnovers for once. He also doesn't take sacks when his first read is covered.

Trent Dilfer anyone?  

Trent is very underrated.  I am NOT saying he was very good but he was a difference maker on that SB team.  Obviously they won w/ defense but even great defenses need quality QB play and Dilfer gave that to them.  they played conservatively and he hit big plays each game on that run w/o the big TOs.

Trent is very underrated.  I am NOT saying he was very good but he was a difference maker on that SB team.  Obviously they won w/ defense but even great defenses need quality QB play and Dilfer gave that to them.  they played conservatively and he hit big plays each game on that run w/o the big TOs.

I think Fitz is capable of duplicating that within our offensive system. 

How many times did he throw it up for grabs into double/triple coverage?  there were open receivers, he took away a chance at pts on the INT, he missed a wide open decker on a 3rd down just outside FG range to throw it downfield to a covered receiver, it happened many times throughout the night.

Well, how many times was it really? Fitz threw the ball 34 times and completed 22 of them for a 65% completion rate. With thats said, I'm currently in the 4th qtr and will address this when I finish watching the game and creating GIF's. 

w/ morons like sanchez and Schottenheimer we made 2 championship games.  would you rather do that or win fantasy championships w/ stats?

We made 2 championship games thanks to our defense, not our offense. If Schotty was such a prodigy he would be an NFL head coach by now and not an offensive coordinator in college. Sanchez is also a backup. 

We made 2 championship games thanks to our defense, not our offense. If Schotty was such a prodigy he would be an NFL head coach by now and not an offensive coordinator in college. Sanchez is also a backup. 

even great Ds need good QB play and good O and we never had a great D.  There have been many circumstances that have led to that happening such as the lack of talent around sanchez which led Brian to SL where Bradford was always hurt.

it's fascinating to me how Jet fans bash those that helped our team win a lot of games. 

Archived