MMQB : GOAT of the WEEK... Geno Smith :+(

kelly

monday morning quarterback

~ ~ GOAT OF THE WEEK

Geno Smith, quarterback, N.Y. Jets. Smith spent the afternoon reminding Jets fans why he hasn’t been missed. Late in the first half he floated an ill-advised pass down the left sideline that was intercepted by Charles Woodson. Worse was his game management in the fourth quarter, taking multiple sacks when he could have easily thrown the ball away, and generally operating the offense with no sense of urgency as the Jets tried to mount a comeback in Oakland.

~ ~ Tweets of the Week

I

@damienwoody

WTH!!!! Geno needs to be cut after this!!!!

rest of above article :

> http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/02/denver-broncos-defense-aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-week-8-nfl

Ok - but can we admit that when Geno was shoved out of bounds for a loss and the clock was still running and he was looking around the stadium from the sidelines like he was Russell Crowe in Gladiator - that we had ZERO chance to win that game? 

It's not like most of us were crushed by the weight of dashed expectations.

i get why geno is playing now, but please, please have another plan next season if fitz is the starter.  please have another backup, whether it's petty or someone else.  i just can't watch all the errors, on thing other than actual throwing.

Fitz Jets career is likely done.

Ok - but can we admit that when Geno was shoved out of bounds for a loss and the clock was still running and he was looking around the stadium from the sidelines like he was Russell Crowe in Gladiator - that we had ZERO chance to win that game? 

It's not like most of us were crushed by the weight of dashed expectations.

I'm pretty certain Bowles punted because Geno was standing so far over there completely clueless.  He probably figured that the punt team and Defense would get back out on the field faster than Geno would moping cluelessly on the sideline. 

why.  they were 4-2 with him as the starter and nobody else on the roster is as good as he is right now. 

I am guessing that his injury is year ending and I seriously doubt we bring him back because of his age and injury history. We need to develop the QB position. Plus our roster the next 2-3 years will not really be vet QB friendly.

27-42, 2tds and 1 Int. He had limited practice time (as the number 2) and the defense never gave the offense good field position. To say he should be cut after that performance is idiotic and ignorant to what most backup QBs bring to the table. 

With that said, geno is a moron that makes WAY too many boneheaded plays, but he is FAR from the GOAT of the week. Utter nonsense. The defense was the GOAT of the week to anyone that watched the game, but morons like King and Woody go for the easy target in Geno like many ignorant SOJFs. 

I am guessing that his injury is year ending and I seriously doubt we bring him back because of his age and injury history. We need to develop the QB position. Plus our roster the next 2-3 years will not really be vet QB friendly.

by his age you mean 32?   Not exactly ancient.  

why the Jets would jettison the best qb on the roster is beyond me.  Best case scenario petty grabs the job and we have one of the best backups in the league for the next 3-4 years. 

Archived