Since Mo Lewis' Hit On Bledsoe

SoFlaJets

The Jets and their horrible stinking luck have had to utilize 14 different starting QBs-this week it'll be 15-so that is essentialy 1 per year

2000-Vinny Testaverde 16 starts

2001-Vinny again all 16 

2002-Vinny had 12 and Chad had 4 starts

2003-Chad had 9 Vinny had 7

2004-Chad 13 Quincy Carter had 3 starts

2005- Brooks Bollinger had 9 starts, Vinny had 4 and Chad had 3 Fiedler got hurt in the same game as Chad and never got a chance to start

2006-Pennington all 16 starts

2007-Chad and Clemens each had 8 starts

2008-Favre started all 16 games and played the last month with a dead arm

2009-Sanchez 15 and Clemens 1

2010-Sanchez all 16 

2011-Sanchez all 16

2012-Sanchez 15 McElroy had 1

2013-Geno Smith started all 16 games

2014-Geno 13 and Vick had 3 starts

2015- Fitz starts first 7 and we'll see

so since Mo Lewis took out Drew Bledsoe the Jets have used 14 different starting QBs

The Jets and their horrible stinking luck have had to utilize 14 different starting QBs-this week it'll be 15-so that is essentialy 1 per year

2001-Vinny again all 16 

2005- Brooks Bollinger had 9 starts, Vinny had 4 and Chad had 3 Fiedler got hurt in the same game as Chad and never got a chance to start

2010-Sanchez all 16 

2011-Sanchez all 16

so since Mo Lewis took out Drew Bledsoe the Jets have used 14 different starting QBs

You have 2002 backwards.. Chad had 12 starts not Vinny..

That hit from Amerson on Geno looked pretty similar to that from Lewis on Bledsoe, understanding that Lewis was much bigger.  

Geno is lucky that that hit did not knock him out.  That being said, maybe it did if it is his shoulder that is injured.  The hit while throwing was to his chest.

That hit from Amerson on Geno looked pretty similar to that from Lewis on Bledsoe, understanding that Lewis was much bigger.  

Geno is lucky that that hit did not knock him out.  That being said, maybe it did if it is his shoulder that is injured.  The hit while throwing was to his chest.

I bet if he owed Amerson money it would have..

I've only ever seen 4 Jets games in person (three at Meadowlands, and one in London).

In all 4 I've seen a QB that wasn't the intended starter :

• 1st two games I saw were Penny's first two starts (Vikings / Browns in 02) after Vinny was hurt / benched
  • Next game was vs. Miami in 03, when Chad got hurt in preseason and Vinny played
  • London we got Fitzmagic after Geno got IK'd in pre-season

2001-Vinny again all 16 

2010-Sanchez all 16 

2011-Sanchez all 16

You're just not seeing the parallel between Mo knocking out Bledsoe, and IK knocking out Geno. Let me tell you all about it.

Let's all wallow in misery with SoFlaJets! 

I'm not in misery-I'm just pointing out facts and if you see them as miserable then that's on you Joe. For me football is simply a game that has very little meaning in my everyday life nor do I let even upset me anymore like it used to say 8-9 years ago. The truth is this, just like how the steroid scandal drove baseball and the Yankees from of my heart, Goodell and the Pats cheating and continuing to get away with it along with the whole idiotic fantasy football money thing-well pro football is inches away from the same fate for this once diehard sports fan.

When I was a kid and all through high school my dream was to be a sports cartoonist like the ones we used to see in the Daily News back in the 60's and 70's Bill Gallo, Bruce Stark was my hero along with Mickey and Joe Willie. Now I can watch a game and disconnect myself emotionally from it. So letting something as stupid as that make ME miserable? You have no idea of what my life is like bro... I've never once put you down and have supported you and complimented you and even asked Max to consider letting you write articles here before you used to write here at JN.

2001-Vinny again all 16 

2010-Sanchez all 16 

2011-Sanchez all 16

We know. 

Why rub our noses in it?

I'm not in misery-I'm just pointing out facts and if you see them as miserable then that's on you Joe. For me football is simply a game that has very little meaning in my everyday life nor do I let even upset me anymore like it used to say 8-9 years ago. The truth is this, just like how the steroid scandal drove baseball and the Yankees from of my heart, Goodell and the Pats cheating and continuing to get away with it along with the whole idiotic fantasy football money thing-well pro football is inches away from the same fate for this once diehard sports fan.

When I was a kid and all through high school my dream was to be a sports cartoonist like the ones we used to see in the Daily News back in the 60's and 70's Bill Gallo, Bruce Stark was my hero along with Mickey and Joe Willie. Now I can watch a game and disconnect myself emotionally from it. So letting something as stupid as that make ME miserable? You have no idea of what my life is like bro... I've never once put you down and have supported you and complimented you and even asked Max to consider letting you write articles here before you used to write here at JN.

Calm down I was just teasing you. 

Even you must admit you have a propensity for starting these types of threads. 

just like how the steroid scandal drove baseball and the Yankees from of my heart, Goodell and the Pats cheating and continuing to get away with it along with the whole idiotic fantasy football money thing-well pro football is inches away from the same fate for this once diehard sports fan. 

I canceled the Sunday Ticket this year, and when they asked why I made them write down "because Tom Brady lied to me." 

your post is dead on SoFla. Even worse than the fact that the Jets have had 14 different QBs is that they are in the division with either the greatest QB of all time or the biggest cheater of all time. And neither of those outcomes is good. 

We will spend all this time and energy debating Geno vs Fitz vs Petty vs whoever but in the end they are in the division with a  juggernaut. There are contenders and pretenders in this league and it's clear where the Jets fall. 

I canceled the Sunday Ticket this year, and when they asked why I made them write down "because Tom Brady lied to me." 

your post is dead on SoFla. Even worse than the fact that the Jets have had 14 different QBs is that they are in the division with either the greatest QB of all time or the biggest cheater of all time. And neither of those outcomes is good. 

We will spend all this time and energy debating Geno vs Fitz vs Petty vs whoever but in the end they are in the division with a  juggernaut. There are contenders and pretenders in this league and it's clear where the Jets fall. 

The simple fact of the matter is the game has changed so much since the turn of the century as to make it nearly unrecognizable from what it was before. From the game we have invested so much of our hearts, our time and not to mention all of the money that a guy like you Matt has spent pursuing what you loved. All of those trips to the combines combines and individual school workouts in becoming a very well respected go-to guy when it came to draft days. From being a person who did all of the work that you have done all the reports you have written at Draft Daddy to now being a person who has cancelled Sunday Ticket. Maybe the game has passed us by bro, there used to be a purity to it and every team was looked upon and treated pretty much the same with a few slight cases of threats being levied to refs by bullies like Shula. Now certain players can be suspended for stuff that has nothing to do with the game of football while the cheating Brady and his compatriots can mess with game balls, get caught, get suspended and then hire a lawyer and have it thrown out-there is no justice in the game anymore.

The simple fact of the matter is the game has changed so much since the turn of the century as to make it nearly unrecognizable from what it was before. From the game we have invested so much of our hearts, our time and not to mention all of the money that a guy like you Matt has spent pursuing what you loved. All of those trips to the combines combines and individual school workouts in becoming a very well respected go-to guy when it came to draft days. From being a person who did all of the work that you have done all the reports you have written at Draft Daddy to now being a person who has cancelled Sunday Ticket. Maybe the game has passed us by bro, there used to be a purity to it and every team was looked upon and treated pretty much the same with a few slight cases of threats being levied to refs by bullies like Shula. Now certain players can be suspended for stuff that has nothing to do with the game of football while the cheating Brady and his compatriots can mess with game balls, get caught, get suspended and then hire a lawyer and have it thrown out-there is no justice in the game anymore.

i still love watching college football, which what the draft is all about, really. and of course I root for the Jets. i always will.

just can't pay for it anymore. Not because of the money, but because I don't have faith in the fair outcomes of these games. It's like boxing now. The physical feats are real and people get hurt but the outcomes are set up so that the NFL can sell a million Tom Brady jerseys in London. The Pats are their manchester united. Which makes the Jets something like Everton. Scrappy lovable losers who exist purely to get beat by manchester united 9 times out of 10.  

i just can't have optimistic expectations anymore. That this team will win anything significant. Not while Brady is in the division. 

if they get good enough they will be on the playoffs and Super bowl and that tv is always free. Paying to watch them out of market lose to jacksonville isn't a smart purchase. 

Archived