Marcus Williams needs to start over Cro.

Villain The Foe

Buster Skrine has allowed opposing QB rating of at least 109 each of last 3 weeks after 5 straight of 86 or under. Injuries a factor.

This just shows what is going on.  The CB not named Revis is going to get picked on.  Has Cro played well, no, but Skrine didn't look any better yesterday.  The CB covering the #2 CB is going to be the weak link.  Williams looks good, but start him over the #2 and he will get beat too.  Also, once the Jets stop showing the pressure and the QB has time they are going to hit someone... it is just the nature of the league.

I would imagine if the Williams or anyone else was better than Cro - he would play.  I would imagine Bowels knows the secondary and he likely knows more than us.  The only 'hope' of someone stepping in IMO to cover the #2 is Milliner - once he gets up to speed.

Also, Cro has an advantage over most of the other CBs with his height and speed.

This just shows what is going on.  The CB not named Revis is going to get picked on.  Has Cro played well, no, but Skrine didn't look any better yesterday.  The CB covering the #2 CB is going to be the weak link.  Williams looks good, but start him over the #2 and he will get beat too.  Also, once the Jets stop showing the pressure and the QB has time they are going to hit someone... it is just the nature of the league.

I would imagine if the Williams or anyone else was better than Cro - he would play.  I would imagine Bowels knows the secondary and he likely knows more than us.  The only 'hope' of someone stepping in IMO to cover the #2 is Milliner - once he gets up to speed.

Also, Cro has an advantage over most of the other CBs with his height and speed.

i agree with the fact that the number 2 will get picked on and may not look as good.  

Look at it this way however, with the stat put up by Carl, you literally have to be the worst CB in the league to be worst than Cromartie so i like our chances with Williams in there.

rewatched game; williams got burned a few times too.  Not sure why there wasn't safety help over the top on the Cro touchdown.  Mostly, as our pass rush slows down, are DBs get exposed - just as you would expect.

was going to say the same thing. Williams has been impressive but he seems to get beat a bunch as well.

I like the kids a lot though.Milliner will take Cros job long term though.

I went back & looked at some of the highlights for the Jaguars & you got to give it to Bortles & his receivers, they made some awesome plays!

Bortles had one where he rolls left gets chased, buys some time & throws a bullet down the sideline & burns Revis. No way in hell Brady or Manning could make that throw at their age. We have a banged up secondary & played some young guys with great arms that can make every throw. The week before it was Carr. This is NFL football, the other team gets paid too. I don't know much about Tyrod Taylor but I doubt he's as accurate as Carr & Bortles? There are some young guys growing up before our eyes. Let's hope Petty is one of those guys going forward. 

I went back & looked at some of the highlights for the Jaguars & you got to give it to Bortles & his receivers, they made some awesome plays!

Bortles had one where he rolls left gets chased, buys some time & throws a bullet down the sideline & burns Revis. No way in hell Brady or Manning could make that throw at their age. We have a banged up secondary & played some young guys with great arms that can make every throw. The week before it was Carr. This is NFL football, the other team gets paid too. I don't know much about Tyrod Taylor but I doubt he's as accurate as Carr & Bortles? There are some young guys growing up before our eyes. Let's hope Petty is one of those guys going forward. 

I like what I've seen from Tyrod so far this year. He's pretty accurate with his deep ball too. He throws a nice ball and has very impressive stats this year. 

was going to say the same thing. Williams has been impressive but he seems to get beat a bunch as well.

I like the kids a lot though.Milliner will take Cros job long term though.

Williams was beat when he was playing safety. When he played corner, he was fine. And Milliner cannot be trusted to take Cro's job long term when this coaching staff doesn't even think enough of him to have him activated yet. Milliner's body of work when healthy is a bunch of benchings and a solid month. That's it.

Was hearing about McDougle during camp but not so much now which is strange given our injuries.  Has he been that bad?

McDougle has been getting run on special teams. He just hasn't seen the field on defense. If Milliner is activated, McDougle might be the one to be deactivated come game day.

Deep quad bruise has sidelined Antonio Cromartie for two straight practices now, to start this week. Doesn't look good for Thursday.

Could be without: Pryor, Bailey, Cromartie on Thursday.

Would see Miles/Williams at safety and Walls at corner I'd imagine. Maybe Milliner, but I doubt he'd get any time over even McDougle at this point.

He was still beaten on two long passes on Sunday. But on both throws unlike Cro he was near the receiver. He looks like a good player. And seems to make plays. He had two picks on Sunday. He's not good at safety but as a CB to me he's better than Cro. It would be a drastic move and say a lot if Bowles played Williams over him. I'd do it!

Archived