Watkins booking his flight to Revis Island

GREENBEAN

He's still great but no one beats Father time.The 2009 Revis is in the history book just not on the field anymore..

He's 30, not dead.  You can still be highly effective at that age.  Just look at Adrian Peterson.  Is he the dominant, record-setting RB we remember?  No.  But while younger guys like Jamaal Charles, Le'Veon Bell and Eddie Lacy have been getting banged up and/or losing their effectiveness, AP just keeps on chugging. 

And no, I'm not talking about "compilers".  I'm talking about guys who are still near the top of their craft.  Being consistently top 5 at your position for 6 of the last 7 years is preferable to a flash-in-the pan type, especially at CB.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF is wrong with too many in this fanbase that takes pride in ripping their best players?  Revis isn't want he was 5 years ago?  No shlt who is?  Is he still a top CB?  His numbers and play say yes bit to those who think it's still is 2009 it's cause for worry.  Or worse means he's playing with a turd somewhere.  They'll keep comparing him to someone who back then probably played the best corner of anyone, ever.  He plays other teams top WRs in a day where every change has completely tiled the scales in the favor of the WR and QB. And shuts them down.  Sorry when his worst day is giving up 50 yards to a teams top WR you need to stop complaining 

He's 30, not dead.  You can still be highly effective at that age.  Just look at Adrian Peterson.  Is he the dominant, record-setting RB we remember?  No.  But while younger guys like Jamaal Charles, Le'Veon Bell and Eddie Lacy have been getting banged up and/or losing their effectiveness, AP just keeps on chugging. 

And no, I'm not talking about "compilers".  I'm talking about guys who are still near the top of their craft.  Being consistently top 5 at your position for 6 of the last 7 years is preferable to a flash-in-the pan type, especially at CB.

You do realize I said he was still great?? I just think the 2009 Revis was one of the best years ever for a CB.. Oh wait it's my buddy 80 I can't have a opinion that is different then his..:) 

You do realize I said he was still great?? I just think the 2009 Revis was one of the best years ever for a CB.. Oh wait it's my buddy 80 I can't have a opinion that is different then his..:) 

Right but your point seemed to indicate you agreed with TX, that he's no longer the game's best CB.  I'd say he is, because of what he brings to the table.  Week in and week out, you can expect him to show up to play at an elite level, in a time when it's never been more difficult to shut down a WR. 

2009 is, of course, the standard, and one no CB can ever really expect to obtain again.  That was a magical, transcendent season for Revis.

Right but your point seemed to indicate you agreed with TX, that he's no longer the game's best CB.  I'd say he is, because of what he brings to the table.  Week in and week out, you can expect him to show up to play at an elite level, in a time when it's never been more difficult to shut down a WR. 

2009 is, of course, the standard, and one no CB can ever really expect to obtain again.  That was a magical, transcendent season for Revis.

Which is all I said plus I think Revis is elite and one of the few that is worth his contract.. His value is also good off the field helping young DB players to get better..

you're complaining about plays that weren't made...seems like just an excuse to complain to me.

And who cares if you watch him 100% of the time or 10%, the point is he's the best cb in the game and you're complaining about stuff that "could have happened," like the end of the world or the Nazis winning WWII...

I find this chicken little sh!t annoying...but maybe others enjoy readying the sludge...but I won't continue to read masked "I hope our own player fails" posts about one of the only players I never worry about on sundays...even when he does get beat...

What if Napoleon had a Sherman tank?

All this debate about whether Revis is the #1 CB in football ... you don't get a trophy at season's end for having the #1 CB. Or the #1 D.

He's still one of the best in the game, and I'd rather he was on my team than anyone else's. If all our other CBs played up to his level, our pass D would be almost impenetrable. 

you're complaining about plays that weren't made...seems like just an excuse to complain to me.

And who cares if you watch him 100% of the time or 10%, the point is he's the best cb in the game and you're complaining about stuff that "could have happened," like the end of the world or the Nazis winning WWII...

I find this chicken little sh!t annoying...but maybe others enjoy readying the sludge...but I won't continue to read masked "I hope our own player fails" posts about one of the only players I never worry about on sundays...even when he does get beat...

like I said above...about the only thing you dont have to worry about going into a jets game is revis...he and Wilkerson were the only consistent beasts last night.

Whoever brought up the turd should be eating a turd sandwich for breakfast this morning.

Heading into this game we were worried about Revis?  Hopefully this game opened some eyes to the real jets issues...which is anything but revis.

Get your football IQ up, turd sandwich eater!

self loathapolooza every week in jets land, lol

Self loathapolooza!!

Great post

And a perfect description of the mass arrival of the self hating chicken little Beningnos after easch and every loss no matter what the record is

Absolutely the best description ever

Bravo

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Revis is still a fine CB, but if the Jills had a real QB, sammie would have had 150 and 2 TDS. Revis is not running at 4.4 anymore. 

we can't all have Aaron Rodgers at Qb...if you haven't noticed, we don't exactly have Rodgers ourselves...

Yes, if Revis faced Rodgers at qb ever week, he wouldn't look as good.  Great analysis...what cb would?

Pretty dumb way to evaluate a Cb on what if he faced Rodgers, dalton, plmer, and Brady every week...because that's a realistic scenario...

BTW, when we faced good teams, has Revis been the issue?

we can't all have Aaron Rodgers at Qb...if you haven't noticed, we don't exactly have Rodgers ourselves...

Yes, if Revis faced Rodgers at qb ever week, he wouldn't look as good.  Great analysis...what cb would?

Pretty dumb way to evaluate a Cb on what if he faced Rodgers, dalton, plmer, and Brady every week...because that's a realistic scenario...

He just isnt the same player anymore. Father time is taking its toll. He still is very good, and I didnt mention Rodgers, if jills had Carr, sammie would have gone off on single coverage. 

He just isnt the same player anymore. Father time is taking its toll. He still is very good, and I didnt mention Rodgers, if jills had Carr, sammie would have gone off on single coverage. 

yes, because cooper did so well.  Good point.

Has he losta step?  Sure.  Does he show every week he's the best doing it?  Check the stat line if you're not sure...

yes, because cooper did so well.  Good point.

Has he losta step?  Sure.  Does he show every week he's the best doing it?  Check the stat line if you're not sure...

Cooper did just fine, cant look at stats mon, 1st play of game was a TD had Taylor not severely underthrown it.  Add to the fact jills jumped out to 22-3 and rexey as always sits on the lead. Like I said with game on line, sammie roasted #24.  

Cooper did just fine, cant look at stats mon, 1st play of game was a TD had Taylor not severely underthrown it.  Add to the fact jills jumped out to 22-3 and rexey as always sits on the lead. Like I said with game on line, sammie roasted #24.  

so we are going to ding Revis for things that never happened!

F_ck the Union for losing the Civil War!

good point made again!

who knew the jets fanbase had so many idjits?!?!

what if Russell never threw that interception, Pete Carroll would be the smartest head coaches of all time!

the ball was under thrown, Russell did throw the pick, the union did win the war, and the what if game is for morons!

He roasted Revis...for 3 catches for 14 yards...

Dude you are in La La land,  He isnt close to the same player.  He will need safety help when playing against a very good rec who has a legit QB.  You can deny all you want. He is no longer worth $15M a year. He is the best CB jets have by a wide margin, but he is no way a lock down CB who shuts down have the field. He is not as quick as he used to be and has lost speed. He is very savvy and has some tricks up his sleeve. Josh Norman is the best CB in NFL right now,

With the game on the line, 3rd and 2, sammie roasted revis and it wasnt close. The old revis would have been in sammies face the whole time.

This is the problem unfortunately. He's giving up bigger plays than we're used to. Bright side is that Sammy toasted Grimes for like 945 yds last week and he's a top notch CB too so there's that. 

Truth is while we played uninspired football for the whole first half the game came down to 9 seconds and 9 points. That's it.

It wasn't revis or anything else. We had our chances and the truth is we matched up well with them. Theyu took advantage of their gift TO and we did not. 

I'm hungry now.

This is the problem unfortunately. He's giving up bigger plays than we're used to. Bright side is that Sammy toasted Grimes for like 945 yds last week and he's a top notch CB too so there's that. 

Truth is while we played uninspired football for the whole first half the game came down to 9 seconds and 9 points. That's it.

It wasn't revis or anything else. We had our chances and the truth is we matched up well with them. Theyu took advantage of their gift TO and we did not. 

I'm hungry now.

Revis is certainly no slouch, still one of top 10 Cbs,  but lockdown? i think that skillset has passed him by.

Thank you!!

No Revis is not the problem!!

Folks said that Revis was going to be exposed before the game, now when he shuts down an elite player, the guy everyone said would kill him, people are criticism him for what might have happened had he played Joe Montana!!

Utter Madness!!

I keep hearing that he doesn't run a 4.3 anymore, but that isn't what is getting him beat.  Watkins feet are just insanely quick.  I was surprised that Revis wasn't bumping on the last play, but I assume he expected a different route.  That is a very difficult throw for such short yardage.  Usually teams will try to go further inside, especially with a QB prone to getting balls batted at the line.

I keep hearing that he doesn't run a 4.3 anymore, but that isn't what is getting him beat.  Watkins feet are just insanely quick.  I was surprised that Revis wasn't bumping on the last play, but I assume he expected a different route.  That is a very difficult throw for such short yardage.  Usually teams will try to go further inside, especially with a QB prone to getting balls batted at the line.

Yes that is my point, revis is very savvy and can stop a WR who is very fast straight line, but add the quick feet and side to side, and he is getting beat. Team is lucky we have played a cupcake schedule. 

Revis is certainly no slouch, still one of top 10 Cbs,  but lockdown? i think that skillset has passed him by.

Potentially. like I said in the OP in this thread, I've noticed a slow down. Sucks to say it, but it's there. I think he;s having more issues with the young legs coming into the league. Either way he's still very good and not really a liability yet. But he was a factor in the loss. A couple big first downs were on him solo. the 3 rd and 2 Watkins feet were amazing and Revis had no shot at it. Didn't help that he was 5 yds back or so either.

Archived