Watkins booking his flight to Revis Island

GREENBEAN

Here is a short article reminding us that Watkins is finally firing on all cylinders and Revis looks like he has a turd in his shorts the last few weeks. I'm hoping Revis gets really turned up for this game and shuts this kid down. It would be nice to Revis with some bounce in his step playing aggressive on Thursday night.

Sammy Watkins booking his flight for Revis Island

A healthy Buffalo Bills team finally flexed their muscles on offense in Sunday's 33-17 wipeout of the Dolphins.

0ap3000000576542.jpg
BILLS AT JETS

Tyrod Taylor used his mobility to lash Miami's tumbling defense, but he also set the table for a career afternoon by second-year pass-catcher Sammy Watkins.

Piling up 168 yards and a score off eight grabs, Watkins accounted for 92.8 percent of Buffalo's real estate through the air, re-establishing last year's first-round pick as the clear go-to guy in Greg Roman's air attack.

Can Watkins keep it cooking on Revis Island?

"Most definitely. I'm pretty sure he'll be following me around. I look forward to it," Watkins said of Thursday night's showdown with Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, per Tyler Dunne of The Buffalo News. "As a receiver who wants to be noticed as a top receiver, you definitely want to go against those type of guys."

Buffalo has gotten healthy just in time to turn Week 10's edition of Thursday Night Football (airing exclusively on NFL Network) into a juicy divisional grudge match between Rex Ryan's Bills and the Jets squad he held close to his heart for six up-and-down seasons.

It must eat at Ryan to see Revis back in New York, but Rex has a shot to earn the last laugh if Gang Green's otherwise underwhelming secondary doesn't hold down the fort two evenings from now.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revis with a turd in his pants? Come on Bean. You're better than this. Revis isn't on complete lockdown but he's still one of the best cover corners in the NFL and has not been the issue the last few weeks. 

I hear ya and listen... I love Revis, but I watch him specifically on many of the D plays. He looks slower to react and has given up more Td's than I remember him giving up this year. The first few weeks were fine. The last few were bad for him. My fear is that teams just haven't needed to test him because the rest of the backfield has been easy pickins, but if Watkins burns him like Cooper did on that Carr overthrow a couple of times we may see a shark attack like there was blood in the water.

Rex has been afraid of him traditionally so maybe not this week which would be good for me. But I feel like it's coming.

I think Revis has played with fire. 3 Ints and has recovered 3 FF. Has he lost a little speed? Sure. But "turd in his pants"? No.

No I meant literally. I think he sh*t his pants in the first half on Sun. :D

Most/All of Those turnovers were all in the first few games by the way. I'm more speaking of his last few.

I hear ya and listen... I love Revis, but I watch him specifically on many of the D plays. He looks slower to react and has given up more Td's than I remember him giving up this year. The first few weeks were fine. The last few were bad for him. My fear is that teams just haven't needed to test him because the rest of the backfield has been easy pickins, but if Watkins burns him like Cooper did on that Carr overthrow a couple of times we may see a shark attack like there was blood in the water.

Rex has been afraid of him traditionally so maybe not this week which would be good for me. But I feel like it's coming.

I'm pretty sure he has only given up one TD in the year and the last few weeks he was more than fine. Just look at the numbers. 

@evansilva: WRs shadowed by Revis this year: Amari Coop 5-46-0, Edelman 5-54-0, Hilton 4-45-0, Garcon 5-28-1, Jarv Landry 4-40-0 https://t.co/fVCBzz6uwS

Robinson had 2 catches for 50 yards and no TDs vs. Revis. 

No Revis isn't as good as he once was.... but those numbers, in truth, are as good as any cover corner on the planet!

@evansilva: WRs shadowed by Revis this year: Amari Coop 5-46-0, Edelman 5-54-0, Hilton 4-45-0, Garcon 5-28-1, Jarv Landry 4-40-0 https://t.co/fVCBzz6uwS

+1 and 25 was on a Bortles scramble & throw which we all know are hard to defend. But, Taylor scrambles & throws so let's hope one of our big boys crushing him after he throws.

Ok so he's giving up 4-5 catches a game. Those stats are misleading because Revis isn't only covering those guys solo like he used to and We're missing the Browns game in that stat but I get it.

Like I said I love Revis and am happy he's here, but it sounds to me like no one is really watching him this year. I watch Revis for about 75% of the time when I can and his receivers are open much more than they used to be. Cooper had him burned down the sideline for an easy 6 if Carr didn't over throw him. He's lost a step and like I said, my fear is that he primed to get exposed. He's lost a step and if no one is noticing that then they're not watching or allowing their emotions to get in the way.

Ok so he's giving up 4-5 catches a game. Those stats are misleading because Revis isn't only covering those guys solo like he used to and We're missing the Browns game in that stat but I get it.

Like I said I love Revis and am happy he's here, but it sounds to me like no one is really watching him this year. I watch Revis for about 75% of the time when I can and his receivers are open much more than they used to be. Cooper had him burned down the sideline for an easy 6 if Carr didn't over throw him. He's lost a step and like I said, my fear is that he primed to get exposed. He's lost a step and if no one is noticing that then they're not watching or allowing their emotions to get in the way.

4-5 catches a game for minimal yardage in today's aerial assault NFL is still very good. PFF (grain of salt) has him ranked as the #3 CB in the league. Has he lost a step? Sure. Most readily admit he isn't the Revis of old but Revis at 90% is still better than almost every other corner in the business and worth every penny. Oh, and given the fact Bowles blitzes like a madman, Revis is almost always in one on one coverage. Especially with Skrine and Cromartie needing all the help they can get.

And using plays where players almost had something done is silly.

You are making it seem like Revis never got beat in his first run with the Jets.   Everyone remembers the year he held out and then came up lame when he got torched by Moss for the 50-yd bomb.   

He's clearly not as fast as he was in his mid-20's but he's the bright spot in an otherwise disappointing secondary the last few weeks.   

You are making it seem like Revis never got beat in his first run with the Jets.   Everyone remembers the year he held out and then came up lame when he got torched by Moss for the 50-yd bomb.   

He's clearly not as fast as he was in his mid-20's but he's the bright spot in an otherwise disappointing secondary the last few weeks.   

I thought he was nursing a hamstring from not being in camp holding out.  Revis Slouch

th?id=OIP.Mb68bae1e25be2d37c682524b4fadb

you're complaining about plays that weren't made...seems like just an excuse to complain to me.

And who cares if you watch him 100% of the time or 10%, the point is he's the best cb in the game and you're complaining about stuff that "could have happened," like the end of the world or the Nazis winning WWII...

I find this chicken little sh!t annoying...but maybe others enjoy readying the sludge...but I won't continue to read masked "I hope our own player fails" posts about one of the only players I never worry about on sundays...even when he does get beat...

I actually agree with you about the bright spot for the most part. I'm just commenting on what I see as a decline and with young, hungry and talented WR's gunning for a trip to island I'm hoping Revis can keep up.

... ya know... while carrying a turd in his shorts the whole time.

you're complaining about plays that weren't made...seems like just an excuse to complain to me.

And who cares if you watch him 100% of the time or 10%, the point is he's the best cb in the game and you're complaining about stuff that "could have happened," like the end of the world or the Nazis winning WWII...

I find this chicken little sh!t annoying...but maybe others enjoy readying the sludge...but I won't continue to read masked "I hope our own player fails" posts about one of the only players I never worry about on sundays...even when he does get beat...

Revis is not the best CB in the game.

You're mean.  

Revis is not the best CB in the game.

Meh.  Easy to say that.  There's always a flavor-of-the-month CB that looks better every year.  But I'll take his consistent approach over anyone else.  He's consistently tasked with the toughest job a CB can take on:  Shutting down a # 1 WR.  And far more often than not, he passes the test, and also adds the elements of making tackles in the running game and forcing turnovers.  He's lost a step, but other than the ACL tear year he's basically been the same dominant CB since 2009.  Can't say that about anyone else.

Meh.  Easy to say that.  There's always a flavor-of-the-month CB that looks better every year.  But I'll take his consistent approach over anyone else.  He's consistently tasked with the toughest job a CB can take on:  Shutting down a # 1 WR.  And far more often than not, he passes the test, and also adds the elements of making tackles in the running game and forcing turnovers.  He's lost a step, but other than the ACL tear year he's basically been the same dominant CB since 2009.  Can't say that about anyone else.

He's still great but no one beats Father time.The 2009 Revis is in the history book just not on the field anymore..

Archived