Another Rex Ryan Topic

jetsfan719

I know, I know, we are all getting tired of rex ryan threads. I have a serious question though. 

At 5-3, do you think rex would have had a better or worse record then Todd Bowles? From what I am reading alot of you are not impressed with how Bowles has been the last few games. Alot of time management issues and questionable decisions. Do you believe the team is better then last year because of Bowles or the overhaul of players such as Marshall. Do you think Rex Ryan would find the formula with this defense to be unstopable?  Basically from what we have seen, do you think Rex would have gotten the most of these players and is the better defensive mind?

I know, I know, we are all getting tired of rex ryan threads. I have a serious question though. 

At 5-3, do you think rex would have had a better or worse record then Todd Bowles? From what I am reading alot of you are not impressed with how Bowles has been the last few games. Alot of time management issues and questionable decisions. Do you believe the team is better then last year because of Bowles or the overhaul of players such as Marshall. Do you think Rex Ryan would find the formula with this defense to be unstopable?  Basically from what we have seen, do you think Rex would have gotten the most of these players and is the better defensive mind?

we would be 3-5 with REX.  

I don't think so, and here's my honest reason why.  We are living and dying on turnovers and field position.  That's not a game that Rex plays particularly well.  Rex's D is not really designed to create turnovers, it's designed to be a stone wall forcing 3 and outs.  Man to man covg, QB sees the receiver is covered and either throw the ball away or take the sack.  The only way a turnover was likely was if the QB deliberately threw a ball to a covered receiver.  Bowles plays more zone and disguised coverage luring QB's to throw into a receiver that looks open but may not be.  Generally speaking the way this team is designed at the moment they're not good enough to play straight up man and consistently stonewall an opponent.  On offense we need to throw the ball fairly often.  Our strength is in our receivers, and that too is not a game Rex plays very well.  Ivory has his moments where he can carry a game, but it's not consistent enough that we could play the GnP that Rex looks for.  I think under Rex we would be giving up a lot of slow long drives that tire the D out, and on offense we would be looking at a lot of 3 and outs deep in our territory trying to force the run.  Just my honest opinion. 

Ryan would have continuity on his side, but yes I believe that Ryan would have had this squad performing better than Bowles who is a rookie coach still learning how to guide the ship.

The conservative game planning is a huge concern in my opinion.

Let's see how Bowles learns from the first half of the season in the back half.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

What would Buffalos record be and what would their defensive ranking be if they still had Schwartz and Marrone?

Defense would certainly be better, but offense is a bit of another story.  Rex, for once, made a solid personnel decision when he brought in Tyrod Taylor.  That was 100 % "his guy".  Granted, it may well implode eventually, as running QB's don't last long, they haven't handled Shady's injuries very well, and it's only a matter of time before guys like Richie Incognito start to become toxic....but for now, you have to say the offense is better under Rex, which is weird to say.

Archived