Rex Ryan is a complete loser

BowlesMovement

we can complain, we made some big mistakes but overall Buffalo played better and deserved to win.  I think week 17 is going to be a win and in game for our teams.

Your (Jets) defense is definitely the toughest we've faced all season.  Revis was all over Watkins and Tyrod has to be pretty sore today.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your (Jets) defense is definitely the toughest we've faced all season.  Revis was all over Watkins and Tyrod has to be pretty sore today.

they played well for the first time in a few weeks.  if they can play well the 2nd half of the year we'll be in good shape.

on your side McCoy looks healthy and that is scary. 

Rex had every right to act the way he did, he was certainly pumped up and he should have been.  he was the scapegoat here, he was fired, he was dumped on and in a pretty big game(as far as big games go for midseason) he led his team to a win.  I hated to see it but good for him.

This is not about what is his right.. of course he has the right to do it, it's just so bush league like his entire tired act.  When he faced Baltimore twice when he was our coach and got his a$$ handed to him both times did he jump around like a school girl then too?  

Beating your former team to put your team at 5-4, making it to 2 AFC championships in which you lost (once blowing an 11 point lead and once showing up with a team that could not have been flatter to start a Championship game), beating Belichik once every 6 matchups - these are all major victories in Rex's mind while the smart successful coach would respond with "we have not won anything yet".  Hell, after losses he'll still brag about a great defensive stand on ONE drive.

I will always believe that Idzik was the bigger problem of the 2, but I could not be happier that this clown is no longer coaching my team. 

This is not about what is his right.. of course he has the right to do it, it's just so bush league like his entire tired act.  When he faced Baltimore twice when he was our coach and got his a$$ handed to him both times did he jump around like a school girl then too?  

Beating your former team to put your team at 5-4, making it to 2 AFC championships in which you lost (once blowing an 11 point lead and once showing up with a team that could not have been flatter to start a Championship game), beating Belichik once every 6 matchups - these are all major victories in Rex's mind while the smart successful coach would respond with "we have not won anything yet".  Hell, after losses he'll still brag about a great defensive stand on ONE drive.

I will always believe that Idzik was the bigger problem of the 2, but I could not be happier that this clown is no longer coaching my team. 

did he win? had he won I guarantee you he would have celebrated it.

Buf had been left for dead after London, they won the last 2 games against div rivals and he beta his former team that fired him who Buf is fighting we/ for a playoff spot. 

every coach is different, Bowles sits there like he has half dead all game.  that not too high, not too low approach is supposed to ensure we play more consistently but we have lost 3 of 4 and have been consistently bad of late.

the bottom line is it is all about wins, BB was bashed pre 2001 b/c he didn't win.  rex was praised in 2009 and 2010 and bashed after. 

did he win? had he won I guarantee you he would have celebrated it.

Buf had been left for dead after London, they won the last 2 games against div rivals and he beta his former team that fired him who Buf is fighting we/ for a playoff spot. 

every coach is different, Bowles sits there like he has half dead all game.  that not too high, not too low approach is supposed to ensure we play more consistently but we have lost 3 of 4 and have been consistently bad of late.

the bottom line is it is all about wins, BB was bashed pre 2001 b/c he didn't win.  rex was praised in 2009 and 2010 and bashed after. 

After all that, your response is "did he win?".  This is not about Bowles vs. Rex.  This is about Rex.  I don't want my coach feeling like he has accomplished something when his team is 5-4.  You seriously don't see that his teams are always so satisfied with themselves so far from the finish line?  The best coaches are the ones who are never happy with things and are not constantly patting themselves and their players on the back - even in losses or when their team commits 17 penalties.  You can sit and lament the loss of a guy who just won his Super Bowl last night.  Regardless of where the Jets finish, I'll take a guy who realizes 5-4 means jack over him any day of the week.

After all that, your response is "did he win?".  This is not about Bowles vs. Rex.  This is about Rex.  I don't want my coach feeling like he has accomplished something when his team is 5-4.  You seriously don't see that his teams are always so satisfied with themselves so far from the finish line?  The best coaches are the ones who are never happy with things and are not constantly patting themselves and their players on the back - even in losses or when their team commits 17 penalties.  You can sit and lament the loss of a guy who just won his Super Bowl last night.  Regardless of where the Jets finish, I'll take a guy who realizes 5-4 means jack over him any day of the week.

Exactomundo!

you brought up an example of him against Baltimore, he didn't have the chance to celebrate against Baltimore b/c we lost. 

his team was 4-6 in 2009 and made the title game so 5-4 is better, right?

Rex does it his way and he's been successful, he has never had a Tom Brady or anything close to a top QB and yet he nearly reached 2 SBs and has only had 2 losing seasons.  Let's not rewrite history and pretend the guy was Kotite.

you brought up an example of him against Baltimore, he didn't have the chance to celebrate against Baltimore b/c we lost. 

Rex does it his way and he's been successful, he has never had a Tom Brady or anything close to a top QB and yet he nearly reached 2 SBs and has only had 2 losing seasons.  Let's not rewrite history and pretend the guy was Kotite.

He's not Kotite, but he is not good either. He can coach a very talented team to a 9-7 record like nobodies business.

He's not Kotite, but he is not good either. He can coach a very talented team to a 9-7 record like nobodies business.

yep, many bad coaches have just 2 seasons under .500 in 7 seasons and bring a franchise to back to back title games for the first time in their history.  He was awful, I long for the days of Eric Mangini who took the same team w/ a HOF QB and weaker sched(plus no Brady) and couldn't even make the playoffs.

Playing guys off the street in his secondary while going up against 6 straight 4k yard passers (3 of whom are sure fire HoFers) last year to start the year, and having only the god-awful Geno Smith at QB, and Rex was blamed for everything. Turnovers on offense/ST last year were on Rex, lack of TOs on defense were on Rex.

Playing top end, high priced free agents and #1 draft picks and going up against rookies, JAGs, and a clearly injured Andrew Luck, with Fitz at QB and a true #1 WR, Bowles is getting all the credit for all the TOs his defense is forcing and getting this team to 5 wins in the first half of the season.

Meanwhile, we haven't beaten a .500+ team, and Rex's team just came into our building on a huge stage with potentially a wild card berth on the line, and showed us up in the closing seconds of the game. 

But Bowles isn't to blame for that. And Rex isn't to be credited for that. 

Smart Jets fans everywhere.

Understand board mentality if you don't hate who they hate your a idiot.. Most have the emotional range of a teenage girl who found out her boyfriend is banging her best friend.. Such is life in Jet Nation..:) 

Again, not sure what your point is.  What Rex does is akin to the Jets beating NE in a preseason game and trying to rub it in.  He has lost COUNTLESS grudge matches with teams whether it be his matchups with Baltimore, his battles with Belichick or even his team crapping out to the "little brother" Giants and propelling them to a Super Bowl run.  So then he wins one and he acts like a total fool.

What is your definition of successful?  I would say he has had success in limited spurts but the guy will NEVER have sustained success in this league.  No one said he was Kotite.  Never having a QB falls on him too.  The guy is admittedly clueless about offensive football and the guy who's jersey he had tattooed on the tattoo of his wife's naked body was as much his pick as it was Tannenbaum.  He does NOT get a pass for that. 

A part of me was sad to see him go, but "the template" with this guy is flat wrong.  Keep telling everyone in the building how great they are and you will be apologizing for your team's performance more often than not.  Keep coaching one side of the ball exclusively and the other side will hold you back.  Again - don't want that guy coaching my team.

Bowles' vaunted, high priced, highly talented (based on draft position), highly ranked defense (compiling their stats against scrub offenses) didn't force a single TO on a first year starter who is barely average in throws between 3-15 yards in the air. In fact, had the first year starter made a better throw on his first play of the game, Sammy would have had a 70+yard TD over Revis.

The one TO we were gifted, Bowles decided to throw to a guy named Kellen Davis on 4th and game. Yes, Bowles. When Rex was the HC here, whether right or wrong, every decision was on him. It's only right to play that same hand with Bowles.

yep, many bad coaches have just 2 seasons under .500 in 7 seasons and bring a franchise to back to back title games for the first time in their history.  He was awful, I long for the days of Eric Mangini who took the same team w/ a HOF QB and weaker sched(plus no Brady) and couldn't even make the playoffs.

LOLOLOLOL  Your arguments are so utterly stupid and your points are so cherry picked you can't distinguish one from another.  In ever one of your Sanchez love fest discussions you have dissed Favre to no end, suddenly when you want to support another of your lame brain discussions he is a hof QB.

As for Rex 51-54 overall record.  No playoffs for the last 4 years.  I'll also turn your fav stat back on you, 2 winning seasons out of 6 for the jets.  (Since you seem to love those 8-8 records as proof of being a great coach.)

Playing guys off the street in his secondary while going up against 6 straight 4k yard passers (3 of whom are sure fire HoFers) last year to start the year, and having only the god-awful Geno Smith at QB, and Rex was blamed for everything. Turnovers on offense/ST last year were on Rex, lack of TOs on defense were on Rex.

Playing top end, high priced free agents and #1 draft picks and going up against rookies, JAGs, and a clearly injured Andrew Luck, with Fitz at QB and a true #1 WR, Bowles is getting all the credit for all the TOs his defense is forcing and getting this team to 5 wins in the first half of the season.

Meanwhile, we haven't beaten a .500+ team, and Rex's team just came into our building on a huge stage with potentially a wild card berth on the line, and showed us up in the closing seconds of the game. 

But Bowles isn't to blame for that. And Rex isn't to be credited for that. 

Smart Jets fans everywhere.

I would say that it is the smart fans that see through the fact that the guy is a clown and totally full of crap and will never be a coach that experiences success over more than a 1-2 year stretch. 

The Bills have beaten freaking Miami 2x, Tennessee and the same Andrew Luck led team you just pontificated about.  The only .500 team Buffalo has beaten is the Todd Bowles led Jets.

The jury is certainly out on Bowles and the sloppiness over the last 3 games is certainly alarming, but I'll never lament the fact that this glorified defensive coordinator is not coaching my team.

I would say that it is the smart fans that see through the fact that the guy is a clown and totally full of crap and will never be a coach that experiences success over more than a 1-2 year stretch. 

The Bills have beaten freaking Miami 2x, Tennessee and the same Andrew Luck led team you just pontificated about.  The only .500 team Buffalo has beaten is the Todd Bowles led Jets.

The jury is certainly out on Bowles and the sloppiness over the last 3 games is certainly alarming, but I'll never lament the fact that this glorified defensive coordinator is not coaching my team.

I don't know what your first sentence has to do with anything I posted, so I'll just let that be in the interwebverse.

Pontificate. Big word. Use it correctly next time. Regarding who Buffalo has played or beaten, I don't care. I care that they beat us.

The reason I care about who we've beaten and played is because I'm a Jets fan. I tend to do that. 

My post was simply to prove out the ignorant and short-sighted hypocrisy running rampant amongst Jets fans due to their dislike of Rex/his personality/antics/whatever else rustles your jimmies. I don't care about any of that, just as I no longer care about Rex...except when he brings his team into our stadium for a big divisional matchup, and his team beats our team.

Fact is, unless you disagree with anything you quoted and simply failed to mention it, I'm not sure what this post to me accomplished. 

Jack:  We (Bills fan here).  We have 10 days to prepare for our next game against the Patriots.  Not looking forward to that game.

My, you're being gracious after the grief we've been giving you all season.  You know, Bills ain't nothin', they're the worst team in the league next to the Browns, you're stupid for taking our leftovers as coach, etc.

Fact is, you were right all along, the Bills aren't as bad as they looked losing to  the league's elite teams, the Jets aren't as good as they looked beating the league's lower-tier teams.  And the Bills just passed us in the standings.

What, are you taking anti-gloating shots or something?

My, you're being gracious after the grief we've been giving you all season.  You know, Bills ain't nothin', they're the worst team in the league next to the Browns, you're stupid for taking our leftovers as coach, etc.

Fact is, you were right all along, the Bills aren't as bad as they looked losing to  the league's elite teams, the Jets aren't as good as they looked beating the league's lower-tier teams.  And the Bills just passed us in the standings.

Jeanie has been a class act since she's been on the board unlike some jet posters..:)

rex out coached bowles?  Yes, because I'm sure the game plan was designed for smith to fumble the ball for a TD, great coaching job by Rex!

the difference in the game was turnovers, not coaching.  Any idiot can see that (most idiots I should say, apparently). 

One less turnover of the 4, and the jets win...just that 1 on the kick off is the difference between today's reports saying bowles out coached rex...and coaching had nothing to do with that play if fans were honest with themselves.

one mistake by a rookie is leading to praise for Rex and tomato throwing at bowles...and to think some fans can't see the difference in the game was mistakes made by the players on the field wearing green and had nothing to do with coaching.  Hold onto the ball for that one play...and we win, the game was that close...Ivory doesn't fumble, we get at least 3 points there instead of 3 points the other way...and we win.  Fitz doesn't throw that first INT that gave them 3 and took 3 off our scoreboard...and we win.

the players lost yesterday.  

If, if, if, if . . . 

I love the excuses.  Rambo ripped that ball out of Smith's hands.  The ball was ripped out of Ivory's hands.  The coverage on Marshall that led to the interception was great coverage by the Bills.

It also goes the other way.  If Taylor didn't overthrow Watkins, Watkins would have smoked Revis for an 80 yard TD on the first drive.  A Bills' defender dropped a Fitzpatrick pick 6.  

The Bills are 5-1 when Taylor, Watkins and McCoy play.  5-2 when they have their starting QB.  

By the way, it was a COACHING decision to put Devin Smith back there, despite the fact that he hasn't gotten any work back there and it was a stupid idea to put him there.

I don't know what your first sentence has to do with anything I posted, so I'll just let that be in the interwebverse.

Pontificate. Big word. Use it correctly next time. Regarding who Buffalo has played or beaten, I don't care. I care that they beat us.

The reason I care about who we've beaten and played is because I'm a Jets fan. I tend to do that. 

My post was simply to prove out the ignorant and short-sighted hypocrisy running rampant amongst Jets fans due to their dislike of Rex/his personality/antics/whatever else rustles your jimmies. I don't care about any of that, just as I no longer care about Rex...except when he brings his team into our stadium for a big divisional matchup, and his team beats our team.

Fact is, unless you disagree with anything you quoted and simply failed to mention it, I'm not sure what this post to me accomplished. 

That was a cute little snarky retort.  Funny how you end your prior post with the quote "smart Jet fans everywhere" and then can't figure out how a comment about smart fans seeing thru Rex has to do with your post.  Perceptive.

You don't care who Buffalo has beaten - yet are critical of Bowles for not beating a .500 team.  Got it.  Stick to trying to give really bad lessons in the meanings of words.

Your entire post was about Rex and how he got the shaft, comparing Rex to Bowles, and whined that Rex does not get credit for last night, yet you don't care about Rex.  Got it.

Lastly, you used the term "rustles your jimmies".  Now I have to turn my back on you.

Yes, its Rex Ryan's fault our wide receivers cant catch an STD from a french prostitute when necessary...and totally his fault we turned the ball over 4 times.
Fitzpatrick isnt taking this team anywhere, hes average to below average, inaccurate and has a weak arm. Our Wide receivers are hot a cold. Brandon Marshall is slow and pulled up twice on two long balls last night. Decker dropped a sure fire first down, and Devin Smith had a bone headed fumble. With all that the game was still a touchdown to win and we couldnt do that because bowles' horrible time management and even worse our OC's sh*t play calls. But yes lets continue a tirade about Rex Ryan. His team beat our asses last night

Yes, its Rex Ryan's fault our wide receivers cant catch an STD from a french prostitute when necessary...and totally his fault we turned the ball over 4 times.
Fitzpatrick isnt taking this team anywhere, hes average to below average, inaccurate and has a weak arm. Our Wide receivers are hot a cold. Brandon Marshall is slow and pulled up twice on two long balls last night. Decker dropped a sure fire first down, and Devin Smith had a bone headed fumble. With all that the game was still a touchdown to win and we couldnt do that because bowles' horrible time management and even worse our OC's sh*t play calls. But yes lets continue a tirade about Rex Ryan. His team beat our asses last night

To be fair the Jets did a better job of beating the Jets then the Bills did..;)

you win and you get to act how you want.  

However you act crazy and when you lose expect the other team to enjoy pouring it on. 

We we really have to stop whining about this. 

LOLOLOLOL  Your arguments are so utterly stupid and your points are so cherry picked you can't distinguish one from another.  In ever one of your Sanchez love fest discussions you have dissed Favre to no end, suddenly when you want to support another of your lame brain discussions he is a hof QB.

As for Rex 51-54 overall record.  No playoffs for the last 4 years.  I'll also turn your fav stat back on you, 2 winning seasons out of 6 for the jets.  (Since you seem to love those 8-8 records as proof of being a great coach.)

at what point will you actually try to present an argument?  you are good at hurling insults though, you should hang out w/ that guy who likes to play w/ stuffed animals.

so he beat the Todd Bowles Jets? we are over .500, right?  who are the winning teams we have beat?

you win and you get to act how you want.  

However you act crazy and when you lose expect the other team to enjoy pouring it on. 

We we really have to stop whining about this. 

Profound.  The outcome is only 12 hours old and we already have to stop commenting on aspects of and pertaining to the game. 

Keltic:  the posters that have come to know me here also know that I am NOT a gloater.  Far from it.  Yes,  I am happy for last night's win.  As I mentioned earlier,   this win means that we are still playoff contenders.  A loss last night would have led us to a 16 year drought.  This was a tough game.  Both teams played well and also had their fair share of mistakes.  In terms of your comments about the Bills being the worst team in the league,  next to the Browns,  I respectfully disagree.  We've had our share of injuries and the loss of those players caused us to fall on hard times.  Let's see how we do going forward.  Most of our players are healthy and back on the field.

Archived