Giant fans ain't laughing now

Jetster

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever go to a Jets/Giants game. Just may change your mind about the biggest anuses in the sportsworld and their right in our own backyard - F the Gmen and their fans.

You forgetting that most Pats fans were Giants fans before 2004?  

They're one and the same

At the end of the day it's all about the bolded. 200 yards passing in 4th quarter. Gronk is great, Gostkowski is very good, Belichick is extremely over rated, none of that matters if not for Brady.

Disagree Joe Brod

BB duped Coughlin with his clock management. Watch BB use his timeouts sometime and you will see. Did you see the blocking on Almendola run back? The Pats are so well coached and its because of BB. Gostowski is the best kicker in the NFL right now.

I still hate those "he has to establish himself as a runner rule.  It is a consistent call so I wasn't upset when they overturned that OBJ call in the endzone.   

My thought is this.  You catch it and two feet hit the ground then it should be a touch down.  Why is it that when wr's catch the ball with one foot in and barley drag the toe in bounds it is considered a TD?  Did the receiver really establish himself as a runner with a toe drag that in some cases is for split second before going out of bounds?

i dunno i watched the game without glasses in a restaurant but it seemed to me that the giants touchdown was solid but taken away. he caught the ball, had control, took two step TOUCHDOWN then the ball got swatted away

Beckham was robbed on that td and I hate the Giants and was rooting for them to lose.

I still hate those "he has to establish himself as a runner rule.  It is a consistent call so I wasn't upset when they overturned that OBJ call in the endzone.   

My thought is this.  You catch it and two feet hit the ground then it should be a touch down.  Why is it that when wr's catch the ball with one foot in and barley drag the toe in bounds it is considered a TD?  Did the receiver really establish himself as a runner with a toe drag that in some cases is for split second before going out of bounds?

he had control and two feet in.  The play was over the moment that happened the refs botched the call.  Two feet on the ground in play is 'establishing the run' the refs were blowing New England.

I think that and I wanted the Pats to win.  

he had control and two feet in.  The play was over the moment that happened the refs botched the call.  Two feet on the ground in play is 'establishing the run' the refs were blowing New England.

No they weren't, the rule clearly states (after the whole D.Bryant catch from last year) the Receiver has to make a "football move" after catch, he did not do that, a sec before his sec hand was going to secure the ball, it was knocked out. The fox analyst, former ref. stated that before the refs on the field made the call.

No they weren't, the rule clearly states (after the whole D.Bryant catch from last year) the Receiver has to make a "football move" after catch, he did not do that, a sec before his sec hand was going to secure the ball, it was knocked out. The fox analyst, former ref. stated that before the refs on the field made the call.

There is NOTHING clear about that rule, nothing at all, nothing in the slightest because a football move is about the most idiotic ridiculous parameters for a rule ever.

No one and I mean no one has a clue what a catch is or is not, not the media, not the refs, not the league, not the players, not the fans.

What makes the rule even more dopey is that you need almost no control over the football to have something rules a td when running the ball, as long as you break the plane while you have to have a ridiculous amount of control when catching a pass. 

The rule and interpretation is nothing short of idiotic (something the NFL is famous for...see the tuck rule) and no one likes it as is.

they made the right call based on the rule, the rule is silly but it was the correct call.

There is NOTHING clear about that rule, nothing at all, nothing in the slightest because a football move is about the most idiotic ridiculous parameters for a rule ever.

No one and I mean no one has a clue what a catch is or is not, not the media, not the refs, not the league, not the players, not the fans.

What makes the rule even more dopey is that you need almost no control over the football to have something rules a td when running the ball, as long as you break the plane while you have to have a ridiculous amount of control when catching a pass. 

The rule and interpretation is nothing short of idiotic (something the NFL is famous for...see the tuck rule) and no one likes it as is.

What makes it even stupider is that it adds to the judgment call aspect which they got rid of by eliminating the force out calls.  It should be the simplest thing.  You need 2 feet (or one knee) down in bounds.  2 feet down with possession = a catch.  The current "rule" would be confusing if they could even try to explain it.  I guess it makes it easy because they can just blame everything on the rule instead of human error.

What makes it even stupider is that it adds to the judgment call aspect which they got rid of by eliminating the force out calls.  It should be the simplest thing.  You need 2 feet (or one knee) down in bounds.  2 feet down with possession = a catch.  The current "rule" would be confusing if they could even try to explain it.  I guess it makes it easy because they can just blame everything on the rule instead of human error.

I would think that in the coming years they will revisit this rule and tweak it but we'll see.

I would think that in the coming years they will revisit this rule and tweak it but we'll see.

The NFL will do this as they usually do about 3 years after every player and fan in the leauge see it as garage these clowns finally clue in eventually.

Their rule moves are so counter intuitive.  We need to increase scoring so lets totally handicap DB's and end up with 4 or 5 penalties int he secondary in the game.  Oh but now we will allow DBs to push wrs out of bounds, but now we will not allow contact at all after 5 yards, but now we are going to start calling illegal blocks down field before a pass is caught, but now we will not recognize a ton of great catches because of this football move rule.

What kind of football move do you make in the endzone when you've already scored. Its not like your in the field of play and fighting for more yards. If he caught the ball on the 1 inch line that same plays a TD as he broke the plane. These rules are insane. 

The "rule" is completely discretionary

If it had been Gronk and DRC knockef it out it would have been a TD

Same reason the pathetic Cheater OL never gets called for holding

And why two obviously illegal crackback blocks weren't called on Amendolas return

And why illegal pick plays that are the staple of the Cheater playbook never get called

NFL officials are not much different than WWE officials except in rassling they are following a script and in the NFL they are just incompetent, biased and probably corrupt

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

The "rule" is completely discretionary

If it had been Gronk and DRC knockef it out it would have been a TD

Same reason the pathetic Cheater OL never gets called for holding

And why two obviously illegal crackback blocks weren't called on Amendolas return

And why illegal pick plays that are the staple of the Cheater playbook never get called

NFL officials are not much different than WWE officials except in rassling they are following a script and in the NFL they are just incompetent, biased and probably corrupt

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

It would have been incomplete no matter what team was involved.  few teams get more of a benefit of the doubt w/ officiating than the Giants.

What kind of football move do you make in the endzone when you've already scored. Its not like your in the field of play and fighting for more yards. If he caught the ball on the 1 inch line that same plays a TD as he broke the plane. These rules are insane. 

the language to these rules are crazy, and the NFL is definitely trying to cover their ass, D.Bryant last year got screwed, I do not think  Beckham got screw according to the rule the NFL had put in.

I understand what they mean (the rule), to me it was a split sec. where he didn't "officially" catch the ball yet according to the rule. 

Why was that Golden Tate reception a catch and ODB's not a catch? Refs suck!

Diff. refs, you know you see that all the time around the NFL. This is not new, and has been going on for years all around the league. And fans blame the refs for everything, and every offensive player thinks he has been interfered with, so it's all a thin line I guess.

the language to these rules are crazy, and the NFL is definitely trying to cover their ass, D.Bryant last year got screwed, I do not think  Beckham got screw according to the rule the NFL had put in.

I understand what they mean (the rule), to me it was a split sec. where he didn't "officially" catch the ball yet according to the rule. 

Dez didn't get screwed by the rules just as odell didn't.  the rule is dumb but it's the rule and Dez's play wasn't a catch just as Beckkham's play wasn't a catch.

The rules are insane. PI especially.

Calvin Johnson caught a TD in EZ on dropped it out of bounds and that was not a catch, Beckams should not be a catch either even if he caught the ball cleanly.

Why was that Golden Tate reception a catch and ODB's not a catch? Refs suck! 

well if you take the rule and translate it into Sanskrit and then morse code and then have a blind person on Opiates watch the highlight of Beckham's catch and interpret the rule in the spirit of the intent by Commisioner Robert Kraft it was clearly not a touchdown according to the rule 

And again, I was rooting for the patriots

As Coughlin stated yesterday, how could someone catching a pass in the end zone establish himself as a runner?  There is no running after two feet are down or the ball breaks the plane.  Play is over.

CT5PQwBVAAAo3iX.mp4

Coughlin, who gets more calls than anyone, whines about EVERY SINGLE CALL that goes against the Giants.

Archived