Rex and Whaley get another year

Larz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your love affair with Fitz is nothing new, in fact, it's quite amusing from the perspective of a Bills fan because we've been through all of this already. The nicknames, the 5-1 run complete with thrilling win over the Pats.

I'll also admit that I actually think Fitz is a slightly better QB overall than Tyrod Taylor, but both QBs come with serious limitations and it's inevitable that sooner or later the Jets will be faced with situations in which Fitz - despite being as smart as they come - will be physically incapable of prevailing due to his Pennington-esque arm strength.

It's also not like the Bills would have made the playoffs this season with Fitz because without 10 starters we're no better than the last Bills team he was on.  It would probably be like his season with the Texans where all he had was DeAndre Hopkins. All he would have is Sammy because Clay, Harvin, and Woods are all out. 

You can say what you want about my comments but I'm merely repeating many of the things stated by other fans and reporters that do not have a bias towards either one of these teams. In every preview of the Bills-Jets matchup I've read, injuries on the Bills side are cited as the Jets' primary advantage in this game, like I've said. 

And let's face it. Looking at your 5 game win streak, you had ONE impressive win and nobody will take that away from you. Indeed I envy the fact that you beat the Pats and controlled most of the game. You deserved to win that game. But outside of that... Dolphins, Giants (in a game Coughlin handed you on a silver platter), Titans, Cowboys.... with a combined record of 18-42...... 18-42!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would make the lowly Bills the second toughest team you've faced in 6 weeks!  So don't get carried away with Fitzy just yet. Your schedule is a BIG reason for this observed "change" over the past 6 weeks.

No the primary reason we're favored is because we're the better team.  From coaching down to players. Just watched inside the NFL, everyone picked the Jets.  No one cited injuries.  No one.

You can stroke yourself all you want, the Jets are the better team, would be favored with or without injuries to your underachieving group of undisciplined cry babies.

Your love affair with Fitz is nothing new, in fact, it's quite amusing from the perspective of a Bills fan because we've been through all of this already. The nicknames, the 5-1 run complete with thrilling win over the Pats.

I'll also admit that I actually think Fitz is a slightly better QB overall than Tyrod Taylor, but both QBs come with serious limitations and it's inevitable that sooner or later the Jets will be faced with situations in which Fitz - despite being as smart as they come - will be physically incapable of prevailing due to his Pennington-esque arm strength.

It's also not like the Bills would have made the playoffs this season with Fitz because without 10 starters we're no better than the last Bills team he was on.  It would probably be like his season with the Texans where all he had was DeAndre Hopkins. All he would have is Sammy because Clay, Harvin, and Woods are all out. 

You can say what you want about my comments but I'm merely repeating many of the things stated by other fans and reporters that do not have a bias towards either one of these teams. In every preview of the Bills-Jets matchup I've read, injuries on the Bills side are cited as the Jets' primary advantage in this game, like I've said. 

And let's face it. Looking at your 5 game win streak, you had ONE impressive win and nobody will take that away from you. Indeed I envy the fact that you beat the Pats and controlled most of the game. You deserved to win that game. But outside of that... Dolphins, Giants (in a game Coughlin handed you on a silver platter), Titans, Cowboys.... with a combined record of 18-42...... 18-42!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would make the lowly Bills the second toughest team you've faced in 6 weeks!  So don't get carried away with Fitzy just yet. Your schedule is a BIG reason for this observed "change" over the past 6 weeks.

Uh huh. Compelling. Uh huh. Compelling. Keep this up and they'll make you a moderator here.

he's our back up QB.  we are enjoying the ride

were you even alive the last time the bills won a playoff game ?

just more bad Rex luck , usually nobody gets hurt in football, like ever.

I'm 30 and in my lifetime the Jets have won 8 playoff games and half of them took place with Rex Ryan as your coach  The Bills have won 11 playoff games in that span. So yeah, I was alive for 11 of those. Fortunately you didn't ask how old I was the last time the Bills won a playoff game though, that would have looked a bit worse...

Dude, you have been spouting off ridiculously in this thread. Your team has taken a BIG step back this year, I would think a guy like you should be hiding in the weeds, shutting his mouth but hey thats just me. You like to bring up injuries, OK, you guys have had some bad luck with that...Here's the deal, You're stuck with old Rexy boy....You will never win more than 2 in a row, Rex is a W, L, W ,W, L, L, L, W, L, W, L coach. The Rex effect works at first but then he settles into the win one lose one deal...The bluster got our guys going a lot longer than your guys so our 2010 11-5 year was like your Colts game on opening day. Then you had the typical Rex letdown against the Pats and that was it, Rex effect over...I speak from experience...It aint happening for your group. Your team has more malcontents than we ever had. So they already aren't buying what Rex is selling...Its over until you guys clean house...End of story.... BTW, Enjoy the offseason.

Man Games Lost is probably the best way you can measure injuries, but it's still very flawed. I.e. it's taking into account all injuries on the entire team whereas I'm only talking about starters. If Chris Hogan goes on IR in the pre-season and counts 16 games against the "man games lost" stat, that's really not going to effect the team a whole lot because it's Chris freakin Hogan. For example, Ben Roethlisberger missing 2 or 3 games for the Steelers is much more significant than Hogan missing 16, but if the only thing you're looking at is total count of missed games per player by team, it's not going to account for something like that. The other problem with this stat is when the injuries occur. I would much rather my team suffered a rash of 3-4 week injuries at the beginning of the season than around Week 10 or 11 when they are trying to make a run for the playoffs.

You stopped making a run at the playoffs the second you lost to the Jags.

Dude, you have been spouting off ridiculously in this thread. Your team has taken a BIG step back this year, I would think a guy like you should be hiding in the weeds, shutting his mouth but hey thats just me. You like to bring up injuries, OK, you guys have had some bad luck with that...Here's the deal, You're stuck with old Rexy boy....You will never win more than 2 in a row, Rex is a W, L, W ,W, L, L, L, W, L, W, L coach. The Rex effect works at first but then he settles into the win one lose one deal...The bluster got our guys going a lot longer than your guys so our 2010 11-5 year was like your Colts game on opening day. Then you had the typical Rex letdown against the Pats and that was it, Rex effect over...I speak from experience...It aint happening for your group. Your team has more malcontents than we ever had. So they already aren't buying what Rex is selling...Its over until you guys clean house...End of story.... BTW, Enjoy the offseason.

It's denial. 90% of that fanbase has already seen through Rex (based on a wiiiiide sample of evidence), and they hate him. There are a few hangers-on, as there were here, who keep thinking Rex can "improve," or that he'll hire a defensive coordinator, or that a magical QB will drop from the sky into his lap. It's sad to watch, but it is what it is. I choose to believe that Rex fans are just dudes who had inaffectionate fathers and have taken on Rex as a surrogate Cool Dad figure. No one wants to admit that their Cool Dad is a loser, a sexual deviant, and a subversive coward.

It's denial. 90% of that fanbase has already seen through Rex (based on a wiiiiide sample of evidence), and they hate him. There are a few hangers-on, as there were here, who keep thinking Rex can "improve," or that he'll hire a defensive coordinator, or that a magical QB will drop from the sky into his lap. It's sad to watch, but it is what it is. I choose to believe that Rex fans are just dudes who had inaffectionate fathers and have taken on Rex as a surrogate Cool Dad figure. No one wants to admit that their Cool Dad is a loser, a sexual deviant, and a subversive coward.

image.thumb.jpeg.66dad1046e73feb17660908

So Winning

I'm 30 and in my lifetime the Jets have won 8 playoff games and half of them took place with Rex Ryan as your coach :) The Bills have won 11 playoff games in that span. So yeah, I was alive for 11 of those. Fortunately you didn't ask how old I was the last time the Bills won a playoff game though, that would have looked a bit worse...

you want to count the 90's bills loser parade ?

lol

may rex ryan be your coach for life

that would be awesome for the rest of the division.  who else can take an 8-8 team to 7-9 ?

its miraculous !!!

so happy together !!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14468035/buffalo-bills-coach-rex-ryan-gm-doug-whaley-return-disappointing-season

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills confirmed Wednesday that coach Rex Ryan and general manager Doug Whaley will return next season even though the team fell short of Ryan's expectations.

"As our first full season as owners of the Buffalo Bills draws to a close, management, coaches, players, and fans all feel that our expectations were not met," Bills owner Terry Pegula said in a statement. "[Fellow owner] Kim [Pegula], [president] Russ [Brandon] and I look forward to working and collaborating with Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan in forming a winning future for the organization. Our management team and coaching staff are very capable and work well together. This stable foundation is necessary to achieve long term success in the NFL."

I was rooting for a lifetime contract with ownership points, but....

Believe me, things would be different if the Bills weren't decimated with injuries this season. That's what you should be thankful for more than anything else.

I'm thankful for your hilarious post more than anything. Can't wait to watch Rex fail to stop the juggernaut.

And congratulations on locking in at another season of Rex. Isn't great to be able to see your $5 million/per foot fetish vodeo-making HC bash his predecessor, make bold predictions, and then flop while losing the locker room? Of course he won't lose his job! That's what coordinators and office personnel is for. 

Its all been done before - except I'm sure it will be different for the Bills, a franchise that fortune has smiled upon. Enjoy your offseason!

Archived