Matt Miller's Mock Draft

Morrissey

If you're taking a corner at #5, he better be Deon ******* Sanders.  I love Hagreaves but he's not a top 5 pick.

It's lazy predicting the Jags will take a Gator every year.

CB's will be the pick for defenses who want to stop a passing league ...This bullsh*t is so predictable and stupid.

I just hope to god If Elliot is available at 20 we take him and finally get a dynamic back on this ******* team

How can the Giants not address pass rush or their offense line with their first round pick.   Jaylon Smith isn't going in the first round after getting a significant knee injury in the bowl game.

He may not even declare now. If he does, I'd be all for the Jets drafting him at 20. One of the top defensive talent would be a steal at that spot, injury or not. 

CB's will be the pick for defenses who want to stop a passing league ...This bullsh*t is so predictable and stupid.

I just hope to god If Elliot is available at 20 we take him and finally get a dynamic back on this ******* team

Huh?  I'm not following you.  Are you saying the Vernon Hargreaves is worth the #5 overall pick?  

No CB is worth that high of a pick IMO unless you're drafting Deon.  The last 2 CB's picked in the top 10?  Justin Gilbert and Dee Milliner, both absolute busts. 

Hargreaves is a great player.  Absolutely a joy to watch at Florida but he's not worth #5 overall.  Especially when he measures in at like 5'9, 180 or so at the combine. 

I don't. Why take a back at 20 when you can get a comparable one 2 or 3 rounds later? Running back is the most overrated position on offense. The Jets need to get speed in the linebacker position and youth injection on the offensive line, specifically tackle. Not many running backs worth the risk for their shelf life in the first round. A tackle or linebacker who last 7-10 years at above average play is worth more than a running back that lasts 3-4 years with good to great play.

jaylon smith wont play in 2016, waste of pick by jets

You don't know that and neither does anyone else until he has surgery and a timetable for his recovery is known. If you can get a top 5 defensive talent at pick #20 and he can come back and play half a season, you do it. Just look at how quickly guys have come back from similar injuries.

You don't know that and neither does anyone else until he has surgery and a timetable for his recovery is known. If you can get a top 5 defensive talent at pick #20 and he can come back and play half a season, you do it. Just look at how quickly guys have come back from similar injuries.

I respect Dr Chou's opinion, jets  or most teams cannot wait a yr, look at Lattimore, this was a gruesome knee injury

I respect Dr Chou's opinion, jets  or most teams cannot wait a yr, look at Lattimore, this was a gruesome knee injury

Did this doctor examine him? Is he performing the surgery? Lattimore's injury has nothing to do with Smith's. If he's there at 20, he's definitely an option. Myles Jack had a knee injury and surgery and there are people advocating for him to be drafted. Smith is better.

He may not even declare now. If he does, I'd be all for the Jets drafting him at 20. One of the top defensive talent would be a steal at that spot, injury or not. 

it really depends on just how bad he tore up that knee.  That looked like an ugly injury he suffered, and the coach only said it was significant knee injury.( that isn't a normal Acl injury). So until we find out just how bad that knee is  nobody touching him in the first.( immaterial how high he was suppose to go, as he might never be the same player). .

Did this doctor examine him? Is he performing the surgery? Lattimore's injury has nothing to do with Smith's. If he's there at 20, he's definitely an option. Myles Jack had a knee injury and surgery and there are people advocating for him to be drafted. Smith is better.

This was an NFL doctor for chargers, he is an expert. It was an awful injury, like Nick Chubb, this kid will have to sit for 1 yr

Myles Jack knee injury was less severe than J Smith was.     Myles Jack is the premier cover lb/ safety in this draft, that makes him in higher demand in a passing league.( couldn't see MylEs Jack getting past the Raiders at 14 if he still there.( would probably be their starting strong safety.

Huh?  I'm not following you.  Are you saying the Vernon Hargreaves is worth the #5 overall pick?  

No CB is worth that high of a pick IMO unless you're drafting Deon.  The last 2 CB's picked in the top 10?  Justin Gilbert and Dee Milliner, both absolute busts. 

Hargreaves is a great player.  Absolutely a joy to watch at Florida but he's not worth #5 overall.  Especially when he measures in at like 5'9, 180 or so at the combine. 

No  Im just saying that's going to be the trend in the draft in the coming years CB CB CB they will be forced just like RB's were forced in the 70's and 80's. In a passing league you must defend the pass so stupid GM's will force the Issue, you know they will.

The choice for the Jets in the first round has to (IMO) be OL, RB, or LB

Names:

Ezekiel Elliot RB Ohio State

Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia

Jack Conklin OT MIchigan State

Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama

My guess is those will all be popular picks mock to the Jets as we move forward through January... 

Elliot or Ragland... I can live with. Conklin and Floyd... ehhh no thanks. 

Archived