Rocky - Mafia game thread

Leelou

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see 80 come out of the shadows too when his train started winding down. Interesting dynamic so far- 80 on the uber defensive, which to be fair is normal considering who he is and what day it is. Ape laying votes without explanation while criticizing votes that have been explained. Verbal and 80 largely commenting at the same time of day. 

Masterclass. 

Vote Count

Verb (4) - Crushlove, JiF, 80, Lizzie
80 (2) - Ballin, JC 
Ape (2) - Smash, CTM
Nol (1) - Verb
Pac (1) - Nyn
No Lynch (1) - Nol
JiF (1) - Ape
Lizzie (1) - Pac

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

your Bruins kicked our ass last night 

Ping.

At least when you lynch Ape on D1 (or any day really), it's like trying to bring down a 2 ton gorilla with a lasso. A D1 Ape vote is not easy and not common

When you lynch 80 on D1, it's like watching the Wayne family beg for their lives in the original Tim Burton Batman with Michael Keaton - pathetic. 

Tell me, 80... Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

unvote, vote Verb

I stated earlier that his Ape comment pinged me

Those are your post about me up to our interaction today, LK.  I see no rational reason anywhere.  I said Ape lynch was boring.  You went on with the bold above, none of which I actually said.  So tell me again what your actual reason is?

A lie?  How so?  I said an Ape lynch was boring.  How can that be a lie - it is a subjective comment.  Your vote is pretty damn weak.

I'm ok with this, as it just keeps in character for your gay love on Crush.

You're an idiot.

And you're the scummiest of the 4 votes on me by far.

Subjevtivity is a function of familiarity.  You andI I both know NOTHING about Ape is boring when it comes to mafia.  My vote is yours.

By my count, he's twisting meta on both you and I. You twisted meta on me.

I also feel like he voted you, after Crusher did, but attributed the vote to Crusher "follow you anywhere", which insulates him from accountability in the case of a mislynch.

I agree, he's trying to dismiss me here... rather than confronting me and getting a read. Same as dismissing my Jetscode move, rather than getting a read by letting it play out.

Unvote, Vote JIF

Bullsh*t.  See my response to LK above.  I said a lynch on you was boring.  Hell, you even guessed what I meant afterwards (hint: your post about the same old thing).

It appears that me saying a D1 Ape lynch was boring has caused quite the stir.  I'm wondering who else will come around to twist that into something it clearly was not.....

Subjevtivity is a function of familiarity.  You andI I both know NOTHING about Ape is boring when it comes to mafia.  My vote is yours.

So my defense was subjective, but your rebuttal on my defense is also subjective?  Okaaaaay.

We always talk about lynching the Ape D1.  Granted, we hardly ever do it unless he's obvious scum, but we always talk about it.  It is boring, at least to me.  So I said so, and that is somehow a lynchable offense? 

So my defense was subjective, but your rebuttal on my defense is also subjective?  Okaaaaay.

We always talk about lynching the Ape D1.  Granted, we hardly ever do it unless he's obvious scum, but we always talk about it.  It is boring, at least to me.  So I said so, and that is somehow a lynchable offense? 

Is the Ape dead yet?  

Ape lynch D1 is boring, same for 80.  Shoot him in his ******* face?  Hell yeah.  Lynch him?  Nah, boring.

Bold: How is that the same as actually lynching 80 often on D1?

You connected the reason for not lynching Ape on D1, to the reason for not lynching 80 on D1. Which is inaccurate.

It's deceptive, not subjective, to intentionally make an inaccurate statement - it's pretty much the definition of what scum is in mafia.

You connected the reason for not lynching Ape on D1, to the reason for not lynching 80 on D1. Which is inaccurate.

It's deceptive, not subjective, to intentionally make an inaccurate statement - it's pretty much the definition of what scum is in mafia.

What the **** are you even talking about?  I said both lynches were boring to me.  WE TALK ABOUT THEM ALL THE TIME.  I haven't played in a while, and it seems we've fallen into the same dance we've done for years.

You can't call a subjective statement inaccurate.  What you're doing right now....trying to twist my words....that is the definition of what scum is in mafia.

Bullsh*t.  See my response to LK above.  I said a lynch on you was boring.  Hell, you even guessed what I meant afterwards (hint: your post about the same old thing).

It appears that me saying a D1 Ape lynch was boring has caused quite the stir.  I'm wondering who else will come around to twist that into something it clearly was not.....

I guessed at your meaning, sure. 

Doesn't mean I cannot leverage what you've said to create some diametric opposition. 

Is the Ape dead yet?  

Good sequence.

wink wink nod

You playing mafia is like my daughter dumping a bowl of spaghetti on the floor and then my dog coming over and dragging her ass through it.

Clearly that was happening without your help, but thanks anyway.

It's okay, cranky pants, I'm taking it all in... then later, after I digest it partially (on account of my rapid peristalsis), I will sh*t it out all over the place.

It's okay, cranky pants, I'm taking it all in... then later, after I digest it partially (on account of my rapid peristalsis), I will sh*t it out all over the place.

That was a visual I definitely did not need immediately after eating lunch.

Where you going, sweetie pie? 

My siblings set up some outing on Wednesday. Some kind of attraction where you're trapped in rooms and have to solve some puzzles to get out. After that we're going to a sea food restaurant. But since I have to travel like 5 hours to get to the area, I figured I'd make a weekend out of it and stay at my bff's. Have a proper girly weekend. We haven't gotten around to do that since I came back and I kinda need it. 

I have none

You commented earlier about people peeing off from him for no reason. Sounded like you felt like they should have stayed there.

Do you realize how bad this sounds?  You like 80 for your #1, but you'll vote me for now when your aforementioned #1 is also on my train?  I don't need "pressure" to get me to speak - have you tried asking me a question?

You say that as if distancing doesn't exist

What the **** are you even talking about?  I said both lynches were boring to me.  WE TALK ABOUT THEM ALL THE TIME.  I haven't played in a while, and it seems we've fallen into the same dance we've done for years.

You can't call a subjective statement inaccurate.  What you're doing right now....trying to twist my words....that is the definition of what scum is in mafia.

Let's get back to how you said that you shouldn't be scum, because 80 is on your train and I was casing 80. Care to elaborate on the possibility of distancing and why it doesn't seem possible in your case?

I'm trying to understand why, if you are scum hunting and weighing reactions, you'd dismiss my attention on him as "something I always do", rather than let it play out and make reads based on the interaction.

Probably because I'm bored and trying to get the game going but otherwise, I didnt give it that much thought.  Was just posting as I was thinking.  Stream of consciousness type stuff. 

My siblings set up some outing on Wednesday. Some kind of attraction where you're trapped in rooms and have to solve some puzzles to get out. After that we're going to a sea food restaurant. But since I have to travel like 5 hours to get to the area, I figured I'd make a weekend out of it and stay at my bff's. Have a proper girly weekend. We haven't gotten around to do that since I came back and I kinda need it. 

You commented earlier about people peeing off from him for no reason. Sounded like you felt like they should have stayed there.

Potential best typo ever.

I was talking about you in my last post briefly.

No, I said you haven't led an accurate lynch on me.  You're twisting like to make it sound like a challenge, when it was a simple statement of fact.  Learn to read.

I like the tap dancing around the Ape - you scared of him?

Yes, I run from the Ape.  lol

I own you.

By my count, he's twisting meta on both you and I. You twisted meta on me.

I also feel like he voted you, after Crusher did, but attributed the vote to Crusher "follow you anywhere", which insulates him from accountability in the case of a mislynch.

I agree, he's trying to dismiss me here... rather than confronting me and getting a read. Same as dismissing my Jetscode move, rather than getting a read by letting it play out.

Unvote, Vote JIF

What?  You wild man, wild. 

Those are your post about me up to our interaction today, LK.  I see no rational reason anywhere.  I said Ape lynch was boring.  You went on with the bold above, none of which I actually said.  So tell me again what your actual reason is?

In what way? 

Vote Count

Verb (4) - Crushlove, JiF, 80, Lizzie
80 (2) - Ballin, JC 
Ape (2) - Smash, CTM
Nol (1) - Verb
No Lynch (1) - Nol
JiF (1) - Ape
Lizzie (1) - Pac

Not voting - Nyn

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline Wednesday 8 pm Eastern

bla_1452733200.png

The early 'jockeying for position' and nudges are different than when we get into it and start really casing.  There is a huge difference.

I'm not talking about your early game fapping with 80. I'm taking in general. If I'm suspicious of two players, I wouldn't back off just because one of them happens to be voting the other one when he's starting to get heat. 

We do?  I seem to be either remembering mafia wrong or forgetting everything that happens around here.

Ape never get D1 heat, ever! 

Archived