Early January Players that interest me in the 1st round

Tinstar

How about Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St?  He fits well in a zone blocking scheme and in the short-term he battles with Breno for starting RT duties.  In the long-term, when the time is right, he takes over for Brick at LT.  And I think he's a realistic possibility to be there at 20. 

Despite all the needs we have I think we have to think about biting the bullet and finally investing a top pick in an OT.

Let me see if I can explain my thinking when it comes to the LT position .  I want to run the ball, and throw play action passes, taking my shots down field when the opportunity presents itself .  To that end, my OTs must excel at run blocking and be solid pass protectors . If they excel in both areas so much the better .  I would also prefer that my OT have the Ability to operate on either side of the OL .

That's why I like Stanley and coleman , and to a lesser extent Hawkins and Spriggs .  I think Taylor and Murphy are RTs who could play LT in a pinch . My boner is Stanley and I think the Ole Miss kid is an OG . 

The combine is going to set some of this stuff straight when the real height weight measurements come out.

Kid is a 2nd rounder at best and that's by a team desperate for a QB. Kid has talent, but will need lots and lots of development .

He's a 2nd rounder at best at this point. He'll have alot of opportunity to change that. Also, I dont think he's available when we pick in the 2nd round anyway because whatever top of the draft team that didnt pick a QB in the first round will most likely pick one in the 2nd, especially if he's still available, so that makes him a 1st round talent in my eyes given that he's worth picking up. 

It may be a reach to some, but if he's the answer then it wont matter in the long run. I personally think he's a 1st round talent though. 

Is this kid your new Mike Glennon? He's. I just don't think a difference maker. 

No one is ever my new Mike Glennon! lol. 

If we traded for Glennon then I would hope that Wentz fell to the 2nd round to draft him and pass on him in the 1st round. But if I had the option of either going Wentz as a 1st round draft pick rookie or Glennon as a vet, you already know the answer my friend! lol

I will say that they both have similar qualities in terms of throwing the football, though Wentz is way more athletic, Glennon has a better pocket presence and keeps his eyes down field at all times. 

People that are giving my jimmies a ruffle @20 (within reason)

DEF: Myles Jack, J. Smith (assuming medical checks out) and I suppose Ragland. 

OFF: Coleman, Elliot, Wentz (at the rate he's climbing)... Robinson too. I think he's arrow is point firmly up. 

People that are giving my jimmies a ruffle @20 (within reason)

DEF: Myles Jack, J. Smith (assuming medical checks out) and I suppose Ragland. 

OFF: Coleman, Elliot, Wentz (at the rate he's climbing)... Robinson too. I think he's arrow is point firmly up. 

The Defensive guys I can see but not Ragland at 20 .

Coleman in a heart beat, but the OTs and QBs have to be off the board. I'm assuming we're talking Corey Coleman here.

Here's a question for you. Either 1 of your 2 OLbers are on the board at 20 and Coleman, who's your pick . 

Today, I'm picking Colemen. 

By the way, I think this should be a heavy offensive draft.

The Defensive guys I can see but not Ragland at 20 .

Coleman in a heart beat, but the OTs and QBs have to be off the board. I'm assuming we're talking Corey Coleman here.

Here's a question for you. Either 1 of your 2 OLbers are on the board at 20 and Coleman, who's your pick . 

Today, I'm picking Colemen. 

By the way, I think this should be a heavy offensive draft.

Ragland failed to impress tonight. Howard on the other hand..... 

Yes, Corey Coleman. There isn't a more explosive playmaker in the draft. If it was him vs Myles Jack, I'd lean on the team's scouting brain trust, but I have zero doubts about Coleman's potential. 

OJ Howard made some money tonight

I figured him to be a late 3rd early 4th rounder and that hasn't changed .  Kid  has a ton of talent, but it doesn't appear that he loves the game . I could be wrong, but it looks like he plays off his talent and doesn't work at his craft.

By the way, at the end of that game last night I said to myself that Watson should be the MVP. He was unreal

Ezekiel Elliot

Taylor Decker

Mackenzie Alexander

Will need more time to see how the rankings settle out in the coming days to know who will be realistic to be there at 20.

Cook really fell for me this year.  He looked very good the year before, I watched him in about 3 or 4 games this year and saw no progression but some regression.  He just did not impress me at all, looked Matt Barkely like as far as one year to the next.

Tell me something.  How does Brady look playing QB without Edelman ? How did he look without Edelman and Gronk ?  

Also look at rogers this year without Nelson. No matter how talented the qb is, they need a efficient offensive line and high level caliber receiving weapons to be successful

He's a 2nd rounder at best at this point. He'll have alot of opportunity to change that. Also, I dont think he's available when we pick in the 2nd round anyway because whatever top of the draft team that didnt pick a QB in the first round will most likely pick one in the 2nd, especially if he's still available, so that makes him a 1st round talent in my eyes given that he's worth picking up. 

It may be a reach to some, but if he's the answer then it wont matter in the long run. I personally think he's a 1st round talent though. 

I doubt he makes it past Cleveland, and if he does he won't get by Dallas if the first round not the 2nd.  Best QB in draft, Goff will go to SF, and Lynch will fall faster than G Smith did.

Offense:

Carson Wentz, Jared Goff (hey, you never know), Shon Coleman, Taylor Decker, Spriggs, Ronnie Stanley

Defense:

Myles Jack, Noah Spence, Jaylon Smith, Cameron Sutton

I posted this in one of the other threads, but Jeremiah has Wentz going at #4 overall and us taking Taylor Decker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624753/article/mock-draft-10-cowboys-pick-qb-wentz-at-no-4

Archived