Cowboys set to let Hardy walk...too much partying.

AFJF

http://news.yahoo.com/cowboys-reportedly-parting-ways-greg-023337700.html

We have finally found the thing that could end the relationship between Greg Hardy and the Dallas Cowboys. It has nothing to do with the off-the-field issues, namely the accusation of assault by his ex-girlfriend, that Hardy brought with him when he came to Dallas. Nor does it have anything to do with Hardy’s questionable locker room etiquette, which has includedconfrontations with his teammates while he was on the sideline in games.

No, according to Jason Cole of Bleacher Report, the thing that is likely to lead to the divorce between the Cowboys and Hardy is that the former Pro Bowler partied a lot during the season and wasn’t in the best physical condition. Seriously.

“Hardy partied a lot during the season and simply was not in great physical shape as the season wore on and on and on,” Cole said. “That was part of the reason he was tardy to several meetings during the season and part of the reason the team felt so distracted by his presence.”

Cole also mentioned that Hardy’s confident that his on-field play will lead to a contract somewhere in the NFL next year, it just won’t be Dallas.

If you want to take a more optimistic approach to this, it’s a sign that, after so much criticism, the Cowboys are finally willing to part ways with Hardy, who has been a major distraction on and off the field ever since he joined Dallas. But it’s kind of awful that it didn’t take any of the stories about him attacking his ex-girlfriend or generally being a terrible person that led the Cowboys to this. Instead, they didn’t like how much he partied (which, one would assume, would mean that there is nothing to the “Johnny Manziel to Dallas” rumors that have been circulating for months, but that’s a discussion for another day).

Here comes REX

I read the Bills might cut Mario Williams and that Ryan took a shot at him in the media. How do you alienate a player like Williams but anoint guys like Holmes and Mark Sanchez as captains? What a ****...I can't believe I ever had optimism for that guy as a HC, complete clown.

I read the Bills might cut Mario Williams and that Ryan took a shot at him in the media. How do you alienate a player like Williams but anoint guys like Holmes and Mark Sanchez as captains? What a ****...I can't believe I ever had optimism for that guy as a HC, complete clown.

Didn the Bills announce that MW was being cut the week before the Jet game?  

Yes.... and I think he had a very good game to boot. 

I was hoping he would pack it in for that last game, but the thought of another FA contract was enough to motivate him

I was too, thought he would give them the old FU and do nothing.  

Well to be fair to Rex Ryan, Mario Williams doesn't exactly fit the defense Rex Ryan wants to run. The Jets let Snacks leave in Fa, there is a good chance he ends up there. They draft Noah Spence with  their first round pick.     Let's see Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams/ Q Coples( after dolphins cut him) as 3-4 defense Ends. Nt - Snacks/ Tj Barnes backing him up.  Olb's Noah Spence, and Jerry Hughes  Ilb  Many Lawson and Nigel Bradham.   Pretty scary front seven.

Well to be fair to Rex Ryan, Mario Williams doesn't exactly fit the defense Rex Ryan wants to run. The Jets let Snacks leave in Fa, there is a good chance he ends up there. They draft Noah Spence with  their first round pick.     Let's see Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams/ Q Coples( after dolphins cut him) as 3-4 defense Ends. Nt - Snacks/ Tj Barnes backing him up.  Olb's Noah Spence, and Jerry Hughes  Ilb  Many Lawson and Nigel Bradham.   Pretty scary front seven.

A defense oriented coach that can't figure out how to use one of the handful best pass rushers in the league is a bad coach. I hope he does go after Harrison and keeps focusing on stopping that run.

A defense oriented coach that can't figure out how to use one of the handful best pass rushers in the league is a bad coach. I hope he does go after Harrison and keeps focusing on stopping that run.

It's immaterial  how Mario Williams played in a 4-3 defense, as that defense oriented 3-4 coach , is looking to play his defense.    If the player not a fit, it's pretty silly to try to fit a round peg in a square hole.( See Q Coples / Mario Williams who it was  silly to try and play at Lb). Bowles gave up Q Coples experiment trying to play Lb .   ( than he has Sheldon Richardson playing there- what happens when you  overdraft at one position)

You want to be a 3-4 defense , you build one where the Lb are your pass rushers. 4-3 defense the defense line is where the pressure should come from.

That defense personnel would stop the run , and be very tough to pass on. ( much better fit for the defense they want to be). I'm hoping Noah Spence drops to 14, as I hope my team all over him.( don't see him getting past Buffalo).

It's immaterial  how Mario Williams played in a 4-3 defense, as that defense oriented 3-4 coach , is looking to play his defense.    If the player not a fit, it's pretty silly to try to fit a round peg in a square hole.( See Q Coples / Mario Williams who it was  silly to try and play at Lb). Bowles gave up Q Coples experiment trying to play Lb .   ( than he has Sheldon Richardson playing there- what happens when you  overdraft at one position)

You want to be a 3-4 defense , you build one where the Lb are your pass rushers. 4-3 defense the defense line is where the pressure should come from.

That defense personnel would stop the run , and be very tough to pass on. ( much better fit for the defense they want to be). I'm hoping Noah Spence drops to 14, as I hope my team all over him.( don't see him getting past Buffalo).

Mario Williams is not comparable to Quinton Coples. Rex Ryan sucks as a HC, not being able to work with a player like Williams is just further evidence of his buffoonery and limitations as a coach. He'll keep Buffalo in the stone ages. 

Did Petine run a different defense than Rex runs?  Why was he able to use Williams correctly and field a top defense whose strength was their D line?  

Yet Rex, his tutor cant find a way to use him and had the entire D lines play go into the shltter?

Did Petine run a different defense than Rex runs?  Why was he able to use Williams correctly and field a top defense whose strength was their D line?  

Yet Rex, his tutor cant find a way to use him and had the entire D lines play go into the shltter?

SenorGato answered all of your questions in his above post...."Rex Ryan sucks as a HC." 

Pettine was one year Dc of the Bills- so stop.   Did the Bills have the injuries in 2013 that they had this year.     Was Mario Williams still in his prime year, versus on wrong side of thirty today.( see D Revis isn't anything the player today, that he was a couple years ago-  Everyone gets old.    Did Mario Williams have a better year under Pettine or in Jim Schwartz 4-3 defense.

last question supposedly Rex Ryan sucked as Hc, but did the Jets beat his team one game in 2015?( win one of those games and they were in the playoffs.)

Pettine was one year Dc of the Bills- so stop.   Did the Bills have the injuries in 2013 that they had this year.     Was Mario Williams still in his prime year, versus on wrong side of thirty today.( see D Revis isn't anything the player today, that he was a couple years ago-  Everyone gets old.    Did Mario Williams have a better year under Pettine or in Jim Schwartz 4-3 defense.

last question supposedly Rex Ryan sucked as Hc, but did the Jets beat his team one game in 2015?( win one of those games and they were in the playoffs.)

You just like to argue.  The point was valid.  Williams was used well, same defense, by Petine. Don't need the diatribe 

Archived