Robert Griffin Won't be back Next Yr

jetsons

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Wasn't much to ruin. Another hyped college qb who had one good year because of Shanahan and because no one had tape of him.  Everyone uses the knee as an excuse but he's just another one read spread qb that couldn't learn how to go through progressions

Except that he ran the read option about 10-15% of the time.  So the argument really doesnt fit

On 2/25/2016 at 0:19 AM, Mainejet said:

Sure. He could be a good backup, but what makes you think he would accept such a limited role? And really, any interest the Jets might have would be determined later on in the offseason. The Jets will likely draft a QB. If they do they won't have any need for RGIII. But yes, I agree he would make a good short term backup to Fitz in the event the Jets did not draft a QB.

Honestly, I don't think any team is going to want to pay RG3 as the guaranteed day 1 starter. The Browns are going to be able to choose any QB that they want to in the draft, so I don't think that's a destination. SF might be an option if they get rid of Kaep and I can see the Texans offering RG3 the chance to unseat Hoyer, but those are the only 2 other places that I can see that would offer him the opportunity to compete for the starting spot. 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Dallas doesnt offer a starting spot.

I would think that he would be a target for Kelly in SF it he lets Kaep move on. 

Romo's backup job = starting job

But I don't know what the Cowboys will do.  They wanted Manziel but he had a meltdown.  They have to get someone better than Matt friggin Cassel

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Romo's backup job = starting job

But I don't know what the Cowboys will do.  They wanted Manziel but he had a meltdown.  They have to get someone better than Matt friggin Cassel

Except you know you get the job somewhere else.  You might in Dallas and not necessarily more than for a few games

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well if you keep believing that.

Mariota?  Yeah, you really should stop now

Mariota Looked so good his rookie year chip kelly turned down a chance to coach him to instead go to the 49ers who have a worse roster in a tougher division

#RG3

On 2/25/2016 at 9:16 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637934/article/chiefs-eagles-potential-landing-spots-for-rgiii

Chiefs, Eagles potential landing spots for RGIII

• By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer

Redskins president Bruce Allen made it crystal clear on Tuesday that Robert Griffin III is on his way out of Washington -- but the quarterback's NFL future isn't over.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday on NFL HQ that the embattled Redskins passer "really did impress some teams with the way he conducted himself during a difficult year" that saw RGIII sit the entire season as the team's No. 3 quarterback.

Coach Jay Gruden was asked during the scouting combine if he's made contact with RGIII recently. "I haven't spoken to him recently, no," he said.

The Redskins have until March 9 to cut RGIII. Once they do, he's bound to draw interest.

"I'll give you two big options right off the top," Rapoport said on NFL Network. "The Kansas City Chiefs, who have Andy Reid, who has propped up quarterbacks for years. (Griffin) can learn to throw from the pocket under that system. Another potential name: the Philadelphia Eagles with one of Reid's disciples, Doug Pederson. They're looking for some quarterback depth there, especially if they don't re-sign Sam Bradford."

Beyond those two clubs, Rapoport was told that Denver could loom as a "legitimate" landing spot, as the Super Bowl-champion Broncos line up backups for potential starter Brock Osweiler.

So what about the Cowboys? Owner and general manager Jerry Jones has long been complimentary of Griffin, with Rapoport saying Dallas "could potentially be in the mix as well." Not the case in quarterback-needy Houston, though, with RapSheet saying he "wouldn't think the Texans" are about to enter the race for a passer who still feels destined to get another shot in the NFL.

I wonder if these are the 2 teams related to this from today:

At least 2 teams have talked to Redskins about trading for RGIII, per sources. Griffin controls process because he has to sign off new deal.

30 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Mariota Looked so good his rookie year chip kelly turned down a chance to coach him to instead go to the 49ers who have a worse roster in a tougher division

#RG3

You dont have a clue that this is even remotely true.  As if anyone, anywhere should put any stock into what Chip Kelley thinks about a player.  Because his dumping of players and the players he replaced them with says hes a personnel genius you we should care about

And Mariota had a really good rookie season.  No one, anywhere is complaining that Mariota was a disappointment or wasnt promising 

12 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

He is payed to play.

RG3 only cares about RG3.

RG3 was electric and dangerous for a very brief period of time.

Now he CANT ever be that player. Now he has to play QB W his brain from the pocket.  Like our boy, Geno, I don't think he is capable of doing that.  

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I can't believe we can even consider this guy, he's a huge ego without the talent to back it up.

Im not saying he can't turn it around, but he needs to lose the attitude and work.

RG3 sucks.  That's the last mf'er we need to be looking at I'd rather start Geno or Petty.

Archived