EAGLES/BRADFORD Agree to terms, sets market possibly for Fitz

JETSfaninNE

4 minutes ago, afosomf said:

well cam brought carolina to SB. they sucked before him

Cam is a fine QB that does a lot of things well.  The well worn mantra that a QB brings teams by himself to the promised land or into the dumpster is faulty.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beerfish said:

Cam is a fine QB that does a lot of things well.  The well worn mantra that a QB brings teams by himself to the promised land or into the dumpster is faulty.

ummm look at cam's supporting cast  Ginn old cotch philly brown...  come on mon  15-1 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What's your point? Alabama defensive players have kind of underachieved in the NFL. Solid players but no stars

aside from milliner who has under achieved?  Baron led rams in tackles,  Jackson and Kirkpatrick starting CBS

Mosely DROY

Dareus a stud before rexey

The point is Watson played very well vs a defense that will probably have all 11 players drafted to NFL, with 6 of them being 1st rounders.  watson is a STUD and I despise clemsoning

6 minutes ago, afosomf said:

dude look at cam's stats, Car is good def not great. their secondary outside of norman suks too

4th vs the run, 11th vs the pass, 6th in sacks, 6th in yds per game,  6th in points per game, 1st in ints, tied for 1st in forced fumbles.

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude it's been 46 years.  What's 3 more to actual have a legitimate shot for the next 10-15?

the Jets have to go 0-16 for this plan to work by the way. They can't win a dam game.  This team is too talented for that kind of collapse. Even with a Geno/Petty they will still win just enough to avoid the top pick

and by the way Cam Newton is 6-6 260 i.e. a tight end in a QB's body. The kid from Clemson can't take a Cam level beating. 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets have to go 0-16 for this plan to work by the way. They can't win a dam game.  This team is too talented for that kind of collapse. Even with a Geno/Petty they will still win just enough to avoid the top pick

and by the way Cam Newton is 6-6 260 i.e. a tight end in a QB's body. The kid from Clemson can't take a Cam level beating. 

the clemson kid is way ahead of cam as a pocket passer at same age. Throws dimes all over field

10 minutes ago, afosomf said:

the clemson kid is way ahead of cam as a pocket passer at same age. Throws dimes all over field

that's great but the bottom line is there's 16 games to play in 2016, there's no college prospect worth losing out. Not even Andrew Luck. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

that's great but the bottom line is there's 16 games to play in 2016, there's no college prospect worth losing out. Not even Andrew Luck. 

disagree without a stud you have no chance of winning SB. and most of these studs go in 1st 5 picks.

other option is to cheat like patsy's

I'd rather see what Geno can do than pay Fitz more than $13-14 million a year for two years. If he sucks he's gone next year anyway, and if he's good then he's good. Color me indifferent about seeing Fitz leave. I just want to see a good haul in the draft (hopefully that includes a QB), and good value once again in FA. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Honestly, I don't know what team would want to sign Fitz in the first place.

Fitz is the type of QB that you say "He's not going to carry us totally, but if we put a solid team around him, we can compete",

The only team I see close to that situation are the Rams

the Jets fit this description to a tee. 

the Texans would take him back no questions asked 

3 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

The Bradford deal seems insane on the surface, but I look at it more as a creative application of the Franchise Tag.

If the Eagles tagged Bradford, they give him ~$19mil.

Instead, they gave him ~$22mil, BUT, if he plays well next year, they can re-franchise him again next year, and in neither year do they use their one franchise tag. 

For that flexibility, they paid an extra $3 mil.

If you think about it from that perspective, its not a terrible deal. I personally don't think much of Bradford at all, and think Fitz is better, but I also realize that QB's don't fall on trees, and this allows them to see if the real Bradford was the 1st half Bradford, or the 2nd half Bradford, and adjust accordingly, without a long term commitment, and without killing them this year, where they are not winning a SB either way.

I think its a far smarter deal than people are giving credit for.

I also don't think this is an apples to apples basis 

Eagles should have let his scrub ass go and rebuild

2 hours ago, afosomf said:

disagree without a stud you have no chance of winning SB. and most of these studs go in 1st 5 picks.

other option is to cheat like patsy's

Actually not so true. 

Playoff teams were lead by Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Hoyer, Dalton, Cousins, Bridgewater & Wilson.  None went 1 - 5. 

Dont have to be lead by a top 5 QB.  It's too much of a crap shoot to tank a season for just about anyone.  Everyone wanted to tank for R Bush.  Others.  And nothing worse than believe you know what a. Plebe player will do in the NFL a year before he's even eligible to draft. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually not so true. 

Playoff teams were lead by Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Hoyer, Dalton, Cousins, Bridgewater & Wilson.  None went 1 - 5. 

Dont have to be lead by a top 5 QB.  It's too much of a crap shoot to tank a season for just about anyone.  Everyone wanted to tank for R Bush.  Others.  And nothing worse than believe you know what a. Plebe player will do in the NFL a year before he's even eligible to draft. 

Brady pats cheated

Brees won 1 SB 

Hoyer has done and won nothing

Cousins ditto

Rodgers 1st rd pick in twenties, sat 3 yrs behind favre before starting

Bridgewater has a long way to go

Wilson an anomoly

1 hour ago, afosomf said:

Brady pats cheated

Brees won 1 SB 

Hoyer has done and won nothing

Cousins ditto

Rodgers 1st rd pick in twenties, sat 3 yrs behind favre before starting

Bridgewater has a long way to go

Wilson an anomoly

Point was these are playoff QB's or SB winners, who werent top 5 picks playing in the NFL today.  Makes no difference that your statement was shot down by the list.  You'lll come up with excuses why these QBs, not top 5 picks, only one a first round pick, didnt really win a SB or to my point, make the playoffs this year.  lol, ok

On 3/1/2016 at 2:18 PM, JETSfaninNE said:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  43m43 minutes ago
Sam Bradford re-signs with Philly (2 yrs/$36M), Kirk Cousins tagged. So Brock Osweiler, Ryan Fitzpatrick top FA QBs. #nyj

Ouch, looks like Fitz will get north of 10M I'm guessing.  How the HELL does Bradford keep hoodwinking people out of their money???

The guy has cashed $77 million in paychecks before this deal.  And for what? 

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Point was these are playoff QB's or SB winners, who werent top 5 picks playing in the NFL today.  Makes no difference that your statement was shot down by the list.  You'lll come up with excuses why these QBs, not top 5 picks, only one a first round pick, didnt really win a SB or to my point, make the playoffs this year.  lol, ok

the end game is to win a SB not to just make playoffs, dalton has made playoffs and has yet to win 1 playoff game

21 minutes ago, afosomf said:

the end game is to win a SB not to just make playoffs, dalton has made playoffs and has yet to win 1 playoff game

Which is you once again staying away from the idea you put out there that you had to have a top QB and they tend to be top 5 picks.  And the list of SB winners and playoff QBs from a year ago say differently.  You can spin it all you want, who cares about what counts, that wasnt your comment

Just now, Mogglez said:

Am I the only draft guy who likes Brad Kaaya more than DeShaun Watson for next year???

Nah, there are a couple that feel the same way. I personally prefer Watson, but Kaaya has a ton of potential too. I think he's gonna be really good.

I also like Chad Kelly out of Ole Miss

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Is Fitz worth about an extra $10 mil (the possible difference between his asking price and the Jets bottom line) considering that we have no other viable option at Qb and we probably have the personnel to make a run at the playoffs. The last time Fitz got a big contract with the Bills he didn't play up to it. I guess it all depends on other offers. Would another team try to drive up his price to the 15 mil per season plateau. So is making the playoffs worth 10 million if you believe that Fitz gives us our best chance to win. In the scheme of things it's not so much but imo I don't give him that much. Maybe 12 per and incentives. Can you imagine the amount of complaining there will be if the Jets let him walk. Esp if he lights it up with another team and we go with Geno and he sucks. It would make the Idzik non signings look like no big deal. I mean don't think that Mac isn't thinking about that. he knows what and who (Jets fans) he's dealing with. 

He's not worth any more than we paid him this year

4 hours ago, King P said:

Nah, there are a couple that feel the same way. I personally prefer Watson, but Kaaya has a ton of potential too. I think he's gonna be really good.

I also like Chad Kelly out of Ole Miss

Been following Kaaya since his first snap. That's "my guy" lol.  Don't know what it is about him, but I really have this great feeling about him in the pros.  Only other guys I felt this strongly about were Teddy and Jameis.  Wentz is up there for me as far as this year's concerned.  Mentioned that guy waayyyyy back in the draft forum and I'm kinda happy more people having taken notice of him.

I actually really like Kelly too.  Just want to see him clean up his motion a tinyyyy bit.  I think this class and next year's class might be surprisingly strong as far as QB's go.  Everyone crowned the 2012 class as the next Rivers/Manning/Ben and that honestly hasn't held up too well. Meanwhile a supposedly "Meh" class in 2014 featuring Bortles/Carr/Bridgewater looks fantastic right now.

I don't understand the Fitz haters. They seem to take a playoffs or nothing attitude and don't acknowledge that the team was a lot better in 2015 and a key reason was Fitz. When you say to them well we were a +6 under Fitz they find excuses like not having a tough schedule, having better playmakers like Marshall or something like that. They want a franchise Qb or someone like Kap coming off of a terrible year but not a guy who knows our offense and had a lot of success with it. They blame him (only) for losing that game with the Bills. There are no franchise Qbs available. I think that Bradford is better than Fitz but he isn't a franchise Qb. Fitz right now looks like our best bet for 2016.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't understand the Fitz haters. They seem to take a playoffs or nothing attitude and don't acknowledge that the team was a lot better in 2015 and a key reason was Fitz. When you say to them well we were a +6 under Fitz they find excuses like not having a tough schedule, having better playmakers like Marshall or something like that. They want a franchise Qb or someone like Kap coming off of a terrible year but not a guy who knows our offense and had a lot of success with it. They blame him (only) for losing that game with the Bills. There are no franchise Qbs available. I think that Bradford is better than Fitz but he isn't a franchise Qb. Fitz right now looks like our best bet for 2016.

I am not a Fitz hater, I have questions about him as we all should but he did a good job for us last year.  w/ that said the team was loaded and he wasn't the reason we went from 4-12 to 10-6.  we had a dramatic increase in talent which included the most talented O around a Jets QB probably since toon, Walker and Co.  we also had a creampuff schedule, that helped us go from 4 to 10 wins but w/ the season on the line against a dead team Fitz came up small.  That cannot be ignored.  was it all his fault? absolutely not, the D was awful, pretty much everyone besides Marshall was awful but he came up small too.

I expect Fitz back, I want him back on a short term basis.  Hopefully Petty is developing or we get another QB that can develop under him but I don't know if we can make the playoffs in 2016 w/ Fitz.

Look it's true that a Qb is usually as good as his play makers. But there were still a lot of dropped balls and when a guy makes a great play it erases a Qbs inadequacies and wins games. So in that Bills game if a few of his receivers had not dropped balls and if that last play had been caught by Kembrall Thompkins it would be a different story. How many great catches by Clayton and Duper won games for Marino and made him look good. That Bills game was winnable even though Fitz was not good. And all 3 of those picks were in the 4th quarter and two in the last few minutes. He didn't step up, true but either did his receivers.

Archived