Ryan Fitzpatrick, The Journeyman

j4jets

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Play whatever game you want, if you dont get the point the conversation is pointless.

If you're going to make stuff up and pretend to know what my position was as part of your argument without actually knowing, then yes, this is pointless.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AFJF said:

If you're going to make stuff up and pretend to know what my position was as part of your argument without actually knowing, then yes, this is pointless.

Are you dense, it was an example of the point, we point to authorities when it suits us.  If Bowles wants to play someone we think should be benched for another player no one ever says the coach knows best though.

Again, if thats too hard to decipher, I give up.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Are you dense, it was an example of the point, we point to authorities when it suits us.  If Bowles wants to play someone we think should be benched for another player no one ever says the coach knows best though.

Again, if thats too hard to decipher, I give up.  

You're the one playing make believe, and I'm dense? LOL

Fitztragic sh*t the bed and threw picks against every decent D he faced, what do you think he will do wishes goes against elite defenses? Will u two fitztragic supporters still want him in the game when the no fly zone and LOB pick him off 4 times each?

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

Fitztragic sh*t the bed and threw picks against every decent D he faced, what do you think he will do wishes goes against elite defenses? Will u two fitztragic supporters still want him in the game when the no fly zone and LOB pick him off 4 times each?

They destroyed Geno Smith for this same type of play,Fitz did throw 31 TD passes but we only beat 2 teams with winning records, 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

They destroyed Geno Smith for this same type of play,Fitz did throw 31 TD passes but we only beat 2 teams with winning records, 

And the two teams we beat with winning records were missing half of their teams.

did you see what Captain Kirk cousins did to the league once he got Jackson and Reed back healthy? I can only imagine him doing the same to the jets.

the guys on here loved bragging about beating the pats when they were missing their two all pro safety's and all but one of their starting o line, yet they were playing in the afc championship while our team didn't even make the playoffs 

7 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Lol google sos of the last 5 years, jets had one of the easiest if not the easiest 

OK, and back to the point even if I believed you, they went into the season and we're even in the top 5 easiest schedules for the season.  

Nothing to it, makes no sense to cry about the schedule

The Jets won 7 of their 10 games vs 6 teams who have the top 10 picks in the 2016 draft! We lost twice to Rex Ryans Bills.

Fitz season is OVERATED. I want him back but only for a reasonable deal. I believe in Mac & would love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings. Personally I think the Jets are the only team Fitz would start on next year.

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

I was referring to the HC of the Jets who said after the season that if Fitz is back, the job is his.

LOL @ thinking Bowles handles player contracts.  Classic stuff.  

Lol @ you thinking Bowles doesn't have an input.

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Lol @ you thinking Bowles doesn't have an input.

Any chance you can give me the contact information for your inside source who knows all the behind-the-scenes stuff? We'd love to have a Source like that for the site.  

14 minutes ago, Bcess said:

Would you be happy with tannehill or Taylor, they had the same gift wrapped schedule and crapped the bed. Both those teams wish they had fitz right now.

No they didn't, the jets had the easiest schedule in the league along with Carolina. You really think buffalo misses fitz? Lol

Would you be happy with tannehill or Taylor, they had the same gift wrapped schedule and crapped the bed. Both those teams wish they had fitz right now.

The Fitz lovers are out of control.

Both Taylor and Tannehill are much better QB's than Fitz.

18 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Fitz lovers are out of control.

Both Taylor and Tannehill are much better QB's than Fitz.

Are either of them available for the Jets?

No.

So what relevance does this have?

There are a number of QBs better than Fitz. There are also a number of QBs not as good as Fitz. Those that are actually available are in the "not as good" camp.

For those saying they don't want Fitz back, I haven't seen much in the way of credible options. Most have already assumed next year is a write-off regardless of our QB, because we have to play some scary teams that win games. Boo hoo, life isn't fair.

Are either of them available for the Jets?

No.

So what relevance does this have?

There are a number of QBs better than Fitz. There are also a number of QBs not as good as Fitz. Those that are actually available are in the "not as good" camp.

For those saying they don't want Fitz back, I haven't seen much in the way of credible options. Most have already assumed next year is a write-off regardless of our QB, because we have to play some scary teams that win games. Boo hoo, life isn't fair.

I agree with you.

I was responding to the poster who said the Bills and Dolphins would rather have Fitz over Taylor and Tannehill.

That's just laughable.

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The most clueless thing to do is make predictions about the schedule in the first week of March.

Last year at this time the 5 easiest schedules went like this:

1. Atlanta Falcons (0.409 opponent win percentage)

2. Indianapolis Colts (0.417)

3. Houston Texans (0.417)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0.425)

5. New Orleans Saints (0.429)

And last year at this time we had the awesome 12-4 Cowboys, the 11-5 Colts fresh off an AFCCG appearance, and the dangerous 10-6 Eagles who narrowly missed the play offs.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I agree with you.

I was responding to the poster who said the Bills and Dolphins would rather have Fitz over Taylor and Tannehill.

That's just laughable.

OK, gotcha.

At least we're not paying Fitz Tanny money. :-)

I think Fitz is due about $10-14m based on the market, supply and demand.

I think if he wants $18m like Bradford, then you push back. Consider Osweiler, but signing Os means you're committing to him as starter for a couple years. If you really think Petty can be ready next year or the year after, then you maybe look at acquiring Nassib from the Giants in a deal that also involves their 1st rounder and Mo Wilk. Again though, depending on parameters, that might suggest a multi-year commitment to Nassib, which suggests Petty has no shot. 

Signing an un-proven backup to compete with Petty, like Chase Daniel. Or a 1-2 year veteran like Hasselbeck, who played well last year, might be something to think about. Not that I'd endorse it. I'd prefer Osweiler, and if Petty is the real deal, you play him instead... and trade Os in 2 years. Having too many QBs in not a problem you complain about.

1 hour ago, Bcess said:

Lol, the bills with Taylor were 9-5 or 8-6 and without him they lost every game, when the bills had Taylor they stood toe to toe with heavyweight teams. While the jets with Fitzpatrick got destroyed by half ass teams.

nice way to try to spin it though

10 hours ago, Colgateman said:

And the two teams we beat with winning records were missing half of their teams.

did you see what Captain Kirk cousins did to the league once he got Jackson and Reed back healthy? I can only imagine him doing the same to the jets.

the guys on here loved bragging about beating the pats when they were missing their two all pro safety's and all but one of their starting o line, yet they were playing in the afc championship while our team didn't even make the playoffs 

I'm not saying Fitz is the savior but Cousins has never beaten a team with a winning record. I don't think he's a longer term answer either. 

12 hours ago, j4jets said:

We claim Fitzy to be some sort of savior who set franchise records in a middle of the pack season statistically, and far below average when you consider the competition. You're not the next coming of Rich Gannon if you cant make the playoffs after being gift wrapped the easiest schedule in the league. There have been 4 teams in the last 4 seasons that either cut, traded, or let Fitz reach the FA. There's a reason why four different CS let him go.

2015 - Jets - Let him hit FA

2014 - Texans - Traded

2013 - Titans - Cut

2012 - Bills - Cut

Jets obviously don't see him as a 'savior' otherwise they would've bent over and handed him a blank check. We are not getting another cakewalk schedule next year. He was total sh*t in the last quarter of the season, the most important quarter of the entire season. He was garbage. The moment he didn't have Bilal Powell, Fitzy  became a different QB. He can't carry a team. Thats the exact definition of a game manager. He'll have a good game here n there, but he's not going to carry us. Thats the third tier QBs at best. He's nothing more than a Josh McCown caliber QB (2 years 10mil). I'd give him 2 years 12mil max with incentives to earn another maybe $4mil.

If you're a Geno hater, then just know that Fitzy was worse than him and thats a fact. He's total garbage. He's not taking us to the playoffs even if Brady is handed a 5 year suspension.

Last 6 games of the season:

Fitzpatrick: 5-1, 15 tds, 4 ints, 1706 yards

Brady: 2-4, 11 tds, 3 ints, 1450 yards

Roeths: 4-2, 11 tds, 9 ints, 2051 yards

Newton: 5-1, 15 tds, 1 int, 1554 yards

Palmer: 5-1, 8 tds, 2 ints, 1605 yards

Rogers: 3-3, 8 tds, 5 ints, 1339 yards

Your post is moronic and I can only gather that it is a 'Here!  Look at me!' kind of thread because you go from 'he's a journeyman' (which every single person on this forum knew) to 'he's no savior' (which every single person on this forum knew) to 'he sucks and is the worst' (which is simply not the case at all) to the absurd laughable ending of 'Geno would be better!'

Fitzpatrick is a limited vet QB who is indeed a journeyman and who is indeed a stop gap Qb for this team.  He was in no way garbage last year, he provided the best overall QBing this team has seen in probably 7 or 8 years.  Anyone that really thinks Geno freaking Smith would have done even close to the same or better is a dumb ass, or as Captain Kirk would say a double dumb ass.

13 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yeah, maybe Houston would be willing to pay him. And yes, he is the answer to another miserable season.

13 hours ago, j4jets said:

We claim Fitzy to be some sort of savior who set franchise records in a middle of the pack season statistically, and far below average when you consider the competition. You're not the next coming of Rich Gannon if you cant make the playoffs after being gift wrapped the easiest schedule in the league. There have been 4 teams in the last 4 seasons that either cut, traded, or let Fitz reach the FA. There's a reason why four different CS let him go.

2015 - Jets - Let him hit FA

2014 - Texans - Traded

2013 - Titans - Cut

2012 - Bills - Cut

Jets obviously don't see him as a 'savior' otherwise they would've bent over and handed him a blank check. We are not getting another cakewalk schedule next year. He was total sh*t in the last quarter of the season, the most important quarter of the entire season. He was garbage. The moment he didn't have Bilal Powell, Fitzy  became a different QB. He can't carry a team. Thats the exact definition of a game manager. He'll have a good game here n there, but he's not going to carry us. Thats the third tier QBs at best. He's nothing more than a Josh McCown caliber QB (2 years 10mil). I'd give him 2 years 12mil max with incentives to earn another maybe $4mil.

If you're a Geno hater, then just know that Fitzy was worse than him and thats a fact. He's total garbage. He's not taking us to the playoffs even if Brady is handed a 5 year suspension.

What is this revisionist history?  Fitz wasn't terrible the last quarter of the season, he was on fire (sans the last game of the year, where he definitely choked)  He has the output as the Cutlers/Daltons/Palmers of the world for far less money.  This doesn't count this year but if it did it wouldn't look far off outside of Palmers crazy year.  Fitz is worth 7-9mil.  Realistically with this market he will get 10 mil.  It won't break the bank and the Jets should do everything they can to make it happen for less.  I even suggested giving him 16 mil or so fully gtd over 2 yrs.

qbcompare.jpg.64d0ccb15b484bedb318280fe9

Miserable season?   Did you forget about the previous 2 seasons?  I'd like to keep the consistency in place for 2 more years while Petty or another QB works his way into the position.  I understand Jets fans desire to win a SB, I want one too, but if you keep tearing down the foundation you can't ever find stability for success.  I was disappointed in missing the playoffs last year but I see so much good in a first year reboot of this team how anyone can say they want to go back to Geno when Geno had his opportunity against the Raiders to win back his job and he did what Geno always does, be Geno.  I don't want to overpay Fitz and if he gets greedy then sure show him the door and hope Petty can win out the job this year because I can't deal with going backwards at QB with this team.

EDIT: Also who the hell is claiming him to be a savior that you felt the need to make this thread??  Really curious because I haven't seen a single person state that.  I've seen plenty of reasonable Jet fans understand he had good output, better than we have had in a very long time and want to continue with that for 2 more years.  Nobody is talkign long term with Fitz or using the words Franchise.  I don't understand where people are making this up as rhetoric around here?? 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Any chance you can give me the contact information for your inside source who knows all the behind-the-scenes stuff? We'd love to have a Source like that for the site.  

Oh yeah, of course. His name is Common Sense and he can be reached at 911-got-sense?

32 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Did u see the Ds he threw against? I doubt it. Probably the easiest Ds any QB faced in the entire league. 

34 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Oh yeah, of course. His name is Common Sense and he can be reached at 911-got-sense?

So, common sense tells you how involved Todd Bowles is in signing players to contracts?  That's what you're telling me?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Last 6 games of the season:

Fitzpatrick: 5-1, 15 tds, 4 ints, 1706 yards

Brady: 2-4, 11 tds, 3 ints, 1450 yards

Roeths: 4-2, 11 tds, 9 ints, 2051 yards

Newton: 5-1, 15 tds, 1 int, 1554 yards

Palmer: 5-1, 8 tds, 2 ints, 1605 yards

Rogers: 3-3, 8 tds, 5 ints, 1339 yards

Your post is moronic and I can only gather that it is a 'Here!  Look at me!' kind of thread because you go from 'he's a journeyman' (which every single person on this forum knew) to 'he's no savior' (which every single person on this forum knew) to 'he sucks and is the worst' (which is simply not the case at all) to the absurd laughable ending of 'Geno would be better!'

Fitzpatrick is a limited vet QB who is indeed a journeyman and who is indeed a stop gap Qb for this team.  He was in no way garbage last year, he provided the best overall QBing this team has seen in probably 7 or 8 years.  Anyone that really thinks Geno freaking Smith would have done even close to the same or better is a dumb ass, or as Captain Kirk would say a double dumb ass.

Garbage to the tune of the best offensive production we've seen since the 1980's.  

Jets fans are strange people.  

Archived