Ryan Fitzpatrick, The Journeyman

j4jets

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

So Larz u would want the jets to give Fitztraigc 14+ with all these holes on this team? This is the same sh*t that got the Jets to a laughing stock in the NFL with the Sanchez and holmes contracts

I asked you for your plan to replace fitzpatrick.  you don't seem to have one

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Larz said:

I asked you for your plan to replace fitzpatrick.  you don't seem to have one

I posted the photo of Captain Kirk cousins.

again, do you think the jets should give fitztragic 14 million+ and out themselves In a bigger hole than they are already in?

It is obvious since a deal hasn't been reached and all the pieces of info coming out that Mac views fitztragic as a low end stopgap and nothing more, if he viewed him as more he would of already gave tragic the 14 million dollar deal that he wants.

9 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I posted the photo of Captain Kirk cousins.

again, do you think the jets should give fitztragic 14 million+ and out themselves In a bigger hole than they are already in?

It is obvious since a deal hasn't been reached and all the pieces of info coming out that Mac views fitztragic as a low end stopgap and nothing more, if he viewed him as more he would of already gave tragic the 14 million dollar deal that he wants.

so how are you going to acquire cousins this off-season ?

2 hours ago, Colgateman said:

So Larz u would want the jets to give Fitztraigc 14+ with all these holes on this team? This is the same sh*t that got the Jets to a laughing stock in the NFL with the Sanchez and holmes contracts

No, what makes Jets Fans the laughing stock is people saying "**** Fitz, lets start Geno Smith, he just needs a chance!"

No, what makes Jets Fans the laughing stock is people saying "**** Fitz, lets start Geno Smith, he just needs a chance!"

How long are the Jets going to coddle Petty?

Send Fitz packing, draft another QB and let Petty start the season.

Let him sink or swim, but the Jets would know exactly where they stand at QB.

15 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

How long are the Jets going to coddle Petty?

Send Fitz packing, draft another QB and let Petty start the season.

Let him sink or swim, but the Jets would know exactly where they stand at QB.

One more year, if it's up to me.  He's not ready, his transition for what he played in college to the pro game is clearly as two or more year change.

We lose nothing resigning Fitz short-term, but gain mentorship and patience to develop Petty or another Draft Pick QB.  

One more year, if it's up to me.  He's not ready, his transition for what he played in college to the pro game is clearly as two or more year change.

We lose nothing resigning Fitz short-term, but gain mentorship and patience to develop Petty or another Draft Pick QB.  

Fair enough Fish.

And I agree with you that the biggest obstacle that Petty faces is the offense he played in college versus the offense in the NFL.

Keep in mind that the Jets do have an OC that should be able to shorten the transition period.

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is a transition that needs to be made, but Petty has the physical tools to make the transition.  The question is mental.  We should see some progression this offseason.  However, I agree, Fitz gives the Jets mentorship and patience.  

What I find really comical is people thinking that a B school QB, such as Wentz, with limited experience can make the transition and start right away.  There is no QB in this draft that puts the Jets any further along than what they have in Petty.  JMO.

20 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fair enough Fish.

And I agree with you that the biggest obstacle that Petty faces is the offense he played in college versus the offense in the NFL.

Keep in mind that the Jets do have an OC that should be able to shorten the transition period.

Petty should get a shot to compete this offseason, even if they resign Fitz.  IMO.  

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He was 7-6, pretty much the same mediocre record the Bills posted with his missed games.

No spin needed.  

I believe Taylor wasn't officially credited with a start in week 1 because Cassel took the first snap under center in a trick formation that had Taylor spread wide. Taylor was really 8-6 because he took every snap after that play. Not that I think Taylor is anything more than average. Bills probably would've finished 9-7 if he started every game. 

37 minutes ago, Heights212 said:

I believe Taylor wasn't officially credited with a start in week 1 because Cassel took the first snap under center in a trick formation that had Taylor spread wide. Taylor was really 8-6 because he took every snap after that play. Not that I think Taylor is anything more than average. Bills probably would've finished 9-7 if he started every game. 

No, he wasn't really anything.  He was 7-6.  He brought up records and that's his record.  Don't feed the trolls ?

Who cares about a qb's record? What is he, a pitcher ? Archie manning was a terrific qb with a terrible record and one can give dozenz of other examples. There are a few other guys on the team that figure in whether a team wins or loses a particular game. Discussing a qb's win loss record is for people who don't watch the game.  IMO, Fitz is an excellent qb's and leader if men.

2 hours ago, Colgateman said:

I really find it sad that some of you guys are willing to give bad qb play 14+, thank god ou all don't run the FO

Cousins has already signed his tender. So he'll play at just under $20m this year. Are you going to trade Mo for that AND give him a long term deal with that as a baseline? Ora re you trading Mo for a one-year rental who'll hit FA next year and have us over a barrel??

Who cares about a qb's record? What is he, a pitcher ? Archie manning was a terrific qb with a terrible record and one can give dozenz of other examples. There are a few other guys on the team that figure in whether a team wins or loses a particular game. Discussing a qb's win loss record is for people who don't watch the game.  IMO, Fitz is an excellent qb's and leader if men.

Fitz is an "excellent" QB?

Wow.

20 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fitz is an "excellent" QB?

Wow.

How could the 5 other teams that cut him (or declined re-signing him) not realize he was the lone offensive bright spot around whom to coalesce on their otherwise sh*tty teams? Amazing, how they're all blind to what the simple, casual fan can plainly see.

Good numbers don't make one a good QB. Geno's passing #s in the Oakland game were better than Fitzpatrick's on the season. That doesn't make Geno a good (let alone an excellent) QB. In the end he still blew the game and surely would have blown others.

We could do worse, as other QBs around the league (or on the Jets' own roster) have clearly shown. That doesn't make him an "excellent" QB. Even the Jets realize this, or they'd have been rushing to ink him to a mere $14-15M/year extension (which would be an unbelievable bargain for an "excellent" QB) mid-season. 

3 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Redskins have a huge need on d line, send mo for cousins.

just like that franchise qb 

And why the hell would a team trade a QB for a DL?  You think that one over.  No one trades even a good QB for a top DL, especially when the deal leaves them without a QB. 

One more for you.  You're trading Mo not because he sucks, because he needs to be paid like a top DL.  And we're tight to the cap.  So your solution is to trade him for a player that will cost more. 

Brilliant.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And why the hell would a team trade a QB for a DL?  You think that one over.  No one trades even a good QB for a top DL, especially when the deal leaves them without a QB. 

Yeah I don't think anyone senses Cousins was tagged for 'tag & trade' purposes. Meanwhile many (if not most) acknowledge that's what the Jets would like to do with Mo at this stage. Unless he suddenly agrees to a below-market extension in the next day or two lol.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah I don't think anyone senses Cousins was tagged for 'tag & trade' purposes. Meanwhile many (if not most) acknowledge that's what the Jets would like to do with Mo at this stage. Unless he suddenly agrees to a below-market extension in the next day or two lol.

Mo for Cousins makes no sense for Washington. 

Though I think sense and his posts really don't go together.  Not even what he's going for.

44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One more for you.  You're trading Mo not because he sucks, because he needs to be paid like a top DL.  And we're tight to the cap.  So your solution is to trade him for a player that will cost more. 

Brilliant.  

No and cousins will make the same amount you communist 

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, light years.

theyre the same exact QB.  Just Geno has a better arm.  And the bad luck of not having Marks WRs, running game, OL and defense.

Mark had ONE bad year here when he had the worst talent in the league.  while it wasn't great w/ Geno it was MUCH better than Mark's final year.  you have no clue what you are watching if you think mark and geno are comparable.  If mark was our QB last year w/ all that talent we would have been SB contenders.

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

No and cousins will make the same amount you communist 

And you didn't answer the question.  If the Jets can't pay Mo 15 or so miL, how are they paying 20 mil?  Or if Cousins is that good, who is stupid enough to trade a good QB for any DL.

stop already

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Mark had ONE bad year here when he had the worst talent in the league.  while it wasn't great w/ Geno it was MUCH better than Mark's final year.  you have no clue what you are watching if you think mark and geno are comparable.  If mark was our QB last year w/ all that talent we would have been SB contenders.

Why do you insist on trying to convince everyone? 

Nobody is going to agree that Mark had one bad year.  He sucked as much as any 5 year starting QB has.  

Or the most, ugh, ridiculous argument, the Jets are SB contenders a year ago with Sanchez as their QB.  

What you have no clue about, is when everyone disagrees with you, it may just be that you're the clueless one.  Given this argument and others that you make, it's a given 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why do you insist on trying to convince everyone? 

Nobody is going to agree that Mark had one bad year.  He sucked as much as any 5 year starting QB has.  

Or the most, ugh, ridiculous argument, the Jets are SB contenders a year ago with Sanchez as their QB.  

What you have no clue about, is when everyone disagrees with you, it may just be that you're the clueless one.  Given this argument and others that you make, it's a given 

I don't have to convince anyone, I deal in reality.  Some folks don't, they want to scapegoat certain players or coaches.  You are an average fan, that is how an average fan thinks.  whether 1 person or everyone agrees w/ me it doesn't matter.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't have to convince anyone, I deal in reality.  Some folks don't, they want to scapegoat certain players or coaches.  You are an average fan, that is how an average fan thinks.  whether 1 person or everyone agrees w/ me it doesn't matter.

You're clueless, have no concept of how the position or game is played.  Anyone who thinks Sanchez had one bad season and it's on others is as clueles as they come and has no sense of reality

You called me clueless, an average fan so move on.  You're an annoying poster who will go on until people want to slit their wrists.  Go back to your Sanchez poster and stroke yourself.  I'm not playing the idiotic 50 post nonsense you're gearing up for

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're clueless, have no concept of how the position or game is played.  Anyone who thinks Sanchez had one bad season and it's on others is as clueles as they come and has no sense of reality

You called me clueless, an average fan so move on.  You're an annoying poster who will go on until people want to slit their wrists.  Go back to your Sanchez poster and stroke yourself.  I'm not playing the idiotic 50 post nonsense you're gearing up for

anyone who thinks he had one bad season for us knows football.

you are wise to run and hide since you have nothing.  Thanks for your childish contributions to the site.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And you didn't answer the question.  If the Jets can't pay Mo 15 or so miL, how are they paying 20 mil?  Or if Cousins is that good, who is stupid enough to trade a good QB for any DL.

stop already

And you haven't answered any of my questions.

i will answer yours when you answer mine.

again, would you be comfortable on paying a below to average journeyman QB 14 million plus with all the holes on this team? I wouldn't think so. 

4 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

And you haven't answered any of my questions.

i will answer yours when you answer mine.

again, would you be comfortable on paying a below to average journeyman QB 14 million plus with all the holes on this team? I wouldn't think so. 

Once again not answering the question. 

Im not paying Fitz 14 mil.  Have said this over and over again.  I don't think he gets that anywhere.  The option isn't Fitz at 14 mil or overpay to trade for a mediocre QB

20 hours ago, jetfuel said:

RG3 and Kaep are gonna cost as much or more than Fitz, and I think Fitz is a better and much smarter QB than both of them, so I'd rather keep Fitz if those were my choices. I get that those two have the tools but they are just not good QB's as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Geno or Petty or a rookie taking the job, but that would at least make sense from a cap standpoint and I would understand why they would go that way. 

Fair points but If Kaep became available via FA and it would cost as much as Fitz, I personally would take the chance on the upside potential.  Especially considering we have Gailey who has proven to be able get the most of the qb position.  Sometime you have to swing for the fences; this team is due for a break.... I mean right? lol.    As far as Fitz being better and much smarter, I don't know if I agree with that.  He has made his share of mistakes over the years and is also a 10 year vet.  He has bounced around most of his career and had never won more than 6 games until last season, so I don't see how he is a better qb than someone who almost won a Superbowl (not his fault they lost) and had been considered one of the top at his position just a few short years ago. 

16 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Fair points but If Kaep became available via FA and it would cost as much as Fitz, I personally would take the chance on the upside potential.  Especially considering we have Gailey who has proven to be able get the most of the qb position.  Sometime you have to swing for the fences; this team is due for a break.... I mean right? lol.    As far as Fitz being better and much smarter, I don't know if I agree with that.  He has made his share of mistakes over the years and is also a 10 year vet.  He has bounced around most of his career and had never won more than 6 games until last season, so I don't see how he is a better qb than someone who almost won a Superbowl (not his fault they lost) and had been considered one of the top at his position just a few short years ago. 

Let them keep up their delusion, they will be in shambles soon

Archived