77 members have voted

1. 1. Chances Fitz is back next year

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

Just now, joewilly12 said:

He hasnt done or said anything to me that I dont treat him as any other Jets fan on this board. 

We argue amongst each other over nothing stuff we cant control. 

Engrish please.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Really?  Fact is you get what I mean and you obviously disagree. 

No, I truly have no idea what point you were trying to make with the broken English in that response.

Ok JoeWilly, it's been a lot of fun, but I'm ping to go take my kids to hockey practice, where they are going to learn valuable life lessons about hard work, and achieving success.

And when they see kids who are better than them, they will learn that those kids put in more work than they did, and that whining about it won't make them better, work will.

Then, when we get back, I'm going to get really fn nutso and make them do some math work on a Saturday!

Hopefully I don't get locked up!

Enjoy your Saturday

Just now, Integrity28 said:

No, I truly have no idea what point you were trying to make with the broken English in that response.

Im not here to impress the likes of an English major like yourself. 

Im here to discuss football amongst men and women who also are Jets fans and dont look for fault in each other over opinions. 

I am no troll, I have been a huge jets fan since 1990, I am just tired of excepting mediocrity or average like we've been all these years, you guys just don't get it, It is frustrating watching my team be average while teams like the steelers, Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Cowboys, and Packers be successful all these years and now young teams like the Panthers, Cardinals, Bengals and Vikings get their franchise guys and become successful and perennial playoff teams while we are happy with average.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

If you dont support Fitzpatrick a posse of Fitz lovers ride your ass and ridicule every post you make that about sums it up. 

Or, if looked at a bit differently, if you don't support Fitzpatrick and take every opportunity to redundantly make bad arguments about why in every thread, then you get treated like the troll you are unintentionally, or intentionally, behaving like. Either way, you aren't a victim. So, spare us.

Nobody is riding your ass. You spray your nonsense all over every thread like a wet fart the morning after binge drinking.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not here to impress the likes of an English major like yourself. 

Im here to discuss football amongst men and women who also are Jets fans and dont look for fault in each other over opinions. 

When you think about it, coherent use of the English language really has no place in discussion.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Or, if looked at a bit differently, if you don't support Fitzpatrick and take every opportunity to redundantly make bad arguments about why in every thread, then you get treated like the troll you are unintentionally, or intentionally, behaving like. Either way, you aren't a victim. So, spare us.

Nobody is riding your ass. You spray your nonsense all over every thread like a wet fart the morning after binge drinking.

Last game of the season 3 INTs in the last 3 possessions of a game we needed to win to make the playoffs. 

Sorry Fitzpatrick might be a quick fix but he's not a longterm solution for the franchise QB drought here. 

4 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I am no troll, I have been a huge jets fan since 1990, I am just tired of excepting mediocrity or average like we've been all these years, you guys just don't get it, It is frustrating watching my team be average while teams like the steelers, Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Cowboys, and Packers be successful all these years and now young teams like the Panthers, Cardinals, Bengals and Vikings get their franchise guys and become successful and perennial playoff teams while we are happy with average.

Accepting.

And no, apparently we all don't get it, you are the only Jets fan that does get it. Oh what a burden it must be... 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If you dont support Fitzpatrick a posse of Fitz lovers ride your ass and ridicule every post you make that about sums it up. 

If all you do is trash Fitz, if you refuse to admit he played pretty well here and just want to go on and on and on about week 17 and ignore 10 wins and keep saying he sucks, Bowles sucks, the Jets suck, youre a troll.

And get treated that way.  I dont care if you actually are a Jets fan or not.  Youre still a troll

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When you think about it, coherent use of the English language really has no place in discussion.

When you think about fans that pacify everything and make excuses for the organizations failure are really not people who should be posting on any message board. 

For the most part there are great posters on this board and everyone wants to win a Super Bowl and then there are those that the night we win will be here bitching about something. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If all you do is trash Fitz, if you refuse to admit he played pretty well here and just want to go on and on and on about week 17 and ignore 10 wins and keep saying he sucks, Bowles sucks, the Jets suck, youre a troll.

And get treated that way.  I dont care if you actually are a Jets fan or not.  Youre still a troll

I have praised Fitzpatrick in numerous posts great guy team leader easy not to like. 

You obviously arent paying attention and are only filled with hate. 

If I'm a troll then what are you. 

13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Ok JoeWilly, it's been a lot of fun, but I'm ping to go take my kids to hockey practice, where they are going to learn valuable life lessons about hard work, and achieving success.

And when they see kids who are better than them, they will learn that those kids put in more work than they did, and that whining about it won't make them better, work will.

Then, when we get back, I'm going to get really fn nutso and make them do some math work on a Saturday!

Hopefully I don't get locked up!

Enjoy your Saturday

Enjoy and be safe. 

I have praised Fitzpatrick in numerous posts great guy team leader easy not to like. 

You obviously arent paint attention and are only filled with hate. 

If I'm a troll then what are you. 

Im talking about Colgate.  Its what he does.  He's a troll.

Now find where I'm filled with hate.  Calling a troll a troll is not hateful, its what the troll wants

Last game of the season 3 INTs in the last 3 possessions of a game we needed to win to make the playoffs. 

Sorry Fitzpatrick might be a quick fix but he's not a longterm solution for the franchise QB drought here. 

I'm aware of how the season ended. I'm also aware that our franchise has been without a QB for a very, very long time.

I don't need you to point it out to me over, and over, and over again... it is redundant, stupid, and short-sighted. If Fitz didn't play top-15 QB football all season, then we're never in position to have that Bills game matter. If our defense doesn't allow Sammy Watkins to have his way with them, then we're not asking Fitz to chuck the ball all over the place in a desperate attempt to come back in a game we should never have been losing.

I'm a firm believer in adding QBs every off-season until, and even even after, you find one. Fitz is about as good a QB as we're going to get given the circumstance, but we should also be looking to sign another FA or using another draft pick on one.

All this being said, being anti-Fitz is about as irrelevant a position to take as there could be. They either sign him, or they don't. Either way, we're not finding someone who will magically be our Brady... not unless we using draft picks on a QB, and drafting a QB plus signing a veteran QB like Fitz to start right now is not mutually exclusive.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Im talking about Colgate.  Its what he does.  He's a troll.

Now find where I'm filled with hate.  Calling a troll a troll is not hateful, its what the troll wants

You disagree with the guys posts so that makes him a troll. 

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

That's an easy one.  As with anything else in life, you take the good with the bad.  How many terrible/unforgivable drops did Marshall have this season?  You could make the argument that he's the reason they lost the Philly game, but he had a monster season so we live with it.

Same with Fitz, he threw 31 TD's and 15 INTs.  Sadly, he threw 3 in 3 posessions to end the season.  One was ugly, one was the old "hit as he threw", and the other was after a WR didn't hold on to what would've been a game winning TD pass.  But it happens.  He did enough good that I can live with the bad.

Geno was 80% bad IMO, that's too much bad to be thrilled about the few and far between flashes of good.

One was fatal and boneheaded, one was on Brick, the other was uncatchable. But as long as you're in the mood for excuse-making and finger-pointing, why not mention the 1st &10 at NYJ 12 when Fitz put the ball right in Corey Graham's gut with nothing but open endzone ahead but he dropped an easy picksix? It should've been worse - 4 INTs and two TDs down in the 4th.

I'm aware of how the season ended. I'm also aware that our franchise has been without a QB for a very, very long time.

I don't need you to point it out to me over, and over, and over again... it is redundant, stupid, and short-sighted. If Fitz didn't play top-15 QB football all season, then we're never in position to have that Bills game matter. If our defense doesn't allow Sammy Watkins to have his way with them, then we're not asking Fitz to chuck the ball all over the place in a desperate attempt to come back in a game we should never have been losing.

I'm a firm believer in adding QBs every off-season until, and even even after, you find one. Fitz is about as good a QB as we're going to get given the circumstance, but we should also be looking to sign another FA or using another draft pick on one.

All this being said, being anti-Fitz is about as irrelevant a position to take as there could be. They either sign him, or they don't. Either way, we're not finding someone who will magically be our Brady... not unless we using draft picks on a QB, and drafting a QB plus signing a veteran QB like Fitz to start right now is not mutually exclusive.

Agree I'm just not in favor of drafting all these QB camp bodies when we have so many other glaring needs,poor drafting over the years has resulted in where we are today. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When you think about fans that pacify everything and make excuses for the organizations failure are really not people who should be posting on any message board. 

For the most part there are great posters on this board and everyone wants to win a Super Bowl and then there are those that the night we win will be here bitching about something. 

You bitch about everything, everyday. 

You really have no place in determining who should and should not be posting on a message board.

You're a mess.

You bitch about everything, everyday. 

You really have no place in determining who should and should not be posting on a message board.

You're a mess.

Disagree but what do I know I'm a troll and you are the messiah of Jets message boards. 

Agree I'm just not in favor of drafting all these QB camp bodies when we have so many other glaring needs,poor drafting over the years has resulted in where we are today. 

Wtf are you talking about then?

If you want a "better QB", you have to find one. QBs are not drafted to become "camp bodies". They are drafted to become developed into hopeful starters. You want a good football team, you need to invest heavily at QB. Regardless of how sh*tty we've drafted in the past, and how talent-depleted the roster was last year, that is all irrelevant to how we should be drafting now. If you want to win, it's all about the QB.

Having a veteran that can win in your system while continually developing draft picks at the position is basically the only way to do it, UNLESS you win the lottery and have a Big Ben or Brady drop in your lap.

4 minutes ago, jetrider said:

One was fatal and boneheaded, one was on Brick, the other was uncatchable. But as long as you're in the mood for excuse-making and finger-pointing, why not mention the 1st &10 at NYJ 12 when Fitz put the ball right in Corey Graham's gut with nothing but open endzone ahead but he dropped an easy picksix? It should've been worse - 4 INTs and two TDs down in the 4th.

Six wins...max.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Since you think Fitz sucks, how do you propose we get a QB if not through the draft?  Who do you think is out there for the taking thats better than drafting until we find one and having a competent hold over in place until we develop our own?  

And all this poor drafting us, putting us where we are today, where are we?  You say Fitz sucks.  You say Bowles sucks.  How the fu(k did we win 10 games without a QB, without a HC?  Explain, you know instead of just throwing out cliche whines

21 hours ago, JiF said:

0%

18 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Anything above 7 mil a year is too much for Fitzy. I liked what he did last year but there is no guarantee that he will be able to replicate. Good thing I am not the GM though. Any decision about him might backfire. Let him go and if you can't get a good replacement, you are grilled big time. Pay him 10 mil or more and he gets injured and you are again grilled big time. 

I said 0%. Something tells me, Mac knows Fitzy's worth and he won't overpay. 

21 hours ago, Colgateman said:

I voted for 0, thank god fitztragic is a money chaser

LMAO .... JiF says "0" gets +2 reps. Fibonacci says "0" all is silent. Colgateman says "0" gets -8 reps.

I thought the circle jerk existed only at JI.

6 minutes ago, jetrider said:

You could do this with every QB...how about in the AFC championship game when Peyton Manning floated one into the hands of a defender who dropped an easy fourth quarter INT which likely would gave sealed the fate for the Broncos and rewritten history. And both Kirk Cousins and Carson Palmer looked like they could have had 7 or 8 INT's a piece in their final game if not for drops...while we are at it, how about all the drops by Jets receivers for first downs and potential TD's that could have altered the course of the entire Bills game...what if, what if, what if.

Just now, jetrider said:

LMAO .... JiF says "0" gets +2 reps. Fibonacci says "0" all is silent. Colgateman says "0" gets -8 reps.

I thought the circle jerk existed only at JI.

No, all the terrible posters from JI came here, and with them came the same terrible football discourse and allegiances to stupidity.

Just now, jetrider said:

Fizz should start his own sofa company called "January"

If he does, I hope he's nice enough to give one to Geno free of charge so he'll have somewhere to sit on Sundays.

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

the problem with this line of thinking is that there are 32 teams who want to win every year, just as bad as the Jets. And losing 10 games a year doesn't get a team closer it gets them further away. The Browns, Titans etc have been rebuilding for years. 

let's imagine your worst case that Fitz gets them to the playoffs and loses the first round. The next year, with or without Fitz, that team has players with playoff experience. Then maybe they win 2 games in the playoffs. It's called building a program. The Ravens had to do it for years before they finally broke through and beat the Pats in the AFCCG. It's building toward a goal that is a winning formula. not tearing everything down every 5 years. 

The problem with this line of thinking is the "program" works best with a young promising win-hungry QB (e.g., Cousins, Osweiler), not a 10-year 6-team career hack that only gets motivated by an upcoming contract. 

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

The problem with this line of thinking is the "program" works best with a young promising win-hungry QB (e.g., Cousins, Osweiler), not a 10-year 6-team career hack that only gets motivated by an upcoming contract. 

Further proof you've never watched the guy play before this season.

Archived