77 members have voted

1. 1. Chances Fitz is back next year

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • poor attempt at humor/nonsensical/obscure number...ie 37%
    • 0%....he's gone

Just now, Jet Nut said:

There isnt a chance he gets $18 mil per.  

If we draft a QB or if we're happy with Petty you hope he takes over sometime over the course of the contract that Fitz signs this offseason.  Thats not the kind of QB you pay $18 mil to, unless it has a painless out in it

Fully agree.  That was the number put out there by Connor Hughes and I honestly think he was quoting another NFL insider but seemed to agree.  No way that happens.  

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You've gone from talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick, to talking about my personal taste in music, to the Jets performance as a full team.  Stay on track.  

My definition of decent? Complete 60% of your passes and get the ball in the end zone with more regularity than giving it away.  If you're doing that, and your defense isn't terrible, you have a decent chance at winning most football games.  Fitz has done that for much of the last six seasons but has played on terrible teams.  Football teams win and lose games, not any one player. 

He led Jets to the 11th ranked scoring offense in the NFL this season and he wasn't the reason they didn't go to the playoffs.  Their billion dollar defense lost to TJ Yates and got killed by the Oakland Raiders when Geno was under center and they should have known they were going to have to be near-perfect because Fitz was out.  They played the Buffalo Bills who had 13 guys on IR and one weapon on offense...their billion dollar secondary had no answer for Sammy Watkins running comeback route after comeback route, and the gameplan was to run Stevan Ridley instead of Chris Ivory.  For the season, the offense, led by Fitz, exceeded expectations of just about everyone.  Defense was good, but nowhere near as good as they should have been given talent and price tag.

Could Fitz have been better?  Sure he could have.  Should they have needed him to throw 40 TD's and a top-3 offense with a re-built defense and the NFL's best defensive coordinator calling the plays as HC to make the playoffs?  IMO, no.

I answered your question about defining decent by defining decent and you said I changed the subject!

When you start off passing 3-for-11 with four straight punts and can't finish a drive 1st & 10 at BUF 22 yard line, how do you blame the D?

Sure, the team showed up soft and uninspired but the QB is the leader in the huddle; it's his job to get the fire burning.

Just now, AFJF said:

Fully agree.  That was the number put out there by Connor Hughes and I honestly think he was quoting another NFL insider but seemed to agree.  No way that happens.  

Look we love what Fitz did but whos going to pay him $18 mil?  Who, other than us realistically is willing to give him even $11 mil to play a season while their guy develops?  Can Cleveland sell their fanbase on drafting Wentz and letting him sit while Fitz plays?  I mean not like they expect to contend like we do with Fitz so how is he of value to them?  Only place I worry really is LA.  Could see Fitz with Fischer who doesnt want much out of his QB and has the defense that combined with Fitz would win some games.  They kind of mirror us with Fitz

4 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I answered your question about defining decent by defining decent and you said I changed the subject!

When you start off passing 3-for-11 with four straight punts and can't finish a drive 1st & 10 at BUF 22 yard line, how do you blame the D?

Sure, the team showed up soft and uninspired but the QB is the leader in the huddle; it's his job to get the fire burning.

IIRC there were a couple of early drops from the Jets receivers that skewed his numbers, but that aside, I know FItz has limitations and you know Fitz has limitations.  It's up to the CS to work with what they have.  When your QB has an average to below average arm, you don't have him throw it all day in 20+ MPH winds while sitting an apparently "inured" running back who looked absolutely fine and unaffected every time he touched the ball.

I blame the D because Buffalo had one weapon.  Find a way to shut down the one single pass catcher they have, and wait for the offense to eventually score, which they did...a couple of TD"s if I'm not mistaken.  

As far as whose job it is to get an adult "fired up" for what is essentially a playoff game, I've had that discussion on here several times and IMO, grown ups are motivated or they aren't.  If the team wasn't fired up, do you think if Fitz just yells, "c'mon guys, let's go", then they're gonna snap out of it?  Grown men making great money to play a game with their season on the line and they need somebody else to tell them they should be excited?  Not just in this case, but any time that happens, it's just weak IMO.  You either care or you don't.  Can't make another grown up care about something they don't care about.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Look we love what Fitz did but whos going to pay him $18 mil?  Who, other than us realistically is willing to give him even $11 mil to play a season while their guy develops?  Can Cleveland sell their fanbase on drafting Wentz and letting him sit while Fitz plays?  I mean not like they expect to contend like we do with Fitz so how is he of value to them?  Only place I worry really is LA.  Could see Fitz with Fischer who doesnt want much out of his QB and has the defense that combined with Fitz would win some games.  They kind of mirror us with Fitz

Agreed...that's why I voted 100% 

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There is a huge difference between Fitz and pretty much every QB mentioned.

Fitz had a great to solid year, no denying that.

But he has no history and pretty much no real future in that he would be signed as a stop gap, bridge QB to the next guy here. 

So while he was the 10th ranked QB in the NFL, its not like dealing with a 26 year old who was the 10th ranked QB or someone who has won and built to that level with us

Which is why if he gets a $10-$12 mil deal it has to be a year to year type deal that we can get out of with no penalty.  A Cro like deal.  

Right on, see the Nick Foles contract after he set the world on fire.

Looking past the first year where they had very similar cap numbers 3.5-4 million in 2015..

Year 2 - $8 million - all dead $, no cap saving

Year 3 - $13 million - no dead $, all cap savings

40 minutes ago, jetrider said:

What argument did I compromise? None. I wish we had better options but unfortunately I think we're stuck with Fitz ... for at least 2016.

I like when miserable tampons chime in, especially when they think their own posts are special and threads are only worthy when they are the center of attention.

XbBkqjOVGjUGc.gif

35 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Looking past the first year where they had very similar cap numbers 3.5-4 million in 2015..

37 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Foles. wasn't signed the season after he went 27 TD and 2 INT.  He was signed after coming out the following year and completed fewer than 60% with 13 TD's and 10 INT's after the league caught up with the gimmick offense he had so much success with the previous year.

55 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Foles. wasn't signed the season after he went 27 TD and 2 INT.  He was signed after coming out the following year and completed fewer than 60% with 13 TD's and 10 INT's after the league caught up with the gimmick offense he had so much success with the previous year.

In other words, he was given the contract after he established what he really is. Much like Fitz, everyone knows what he is, a middling QB like Foles with a couple good seasons under their belts.

11 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

In other words, he was given the contract after he established what he really is. Much like Fitz, everyone knows what he is, a middling QB like Foles with a couple good seasons under their belts.

Actually, no, not at all.  Foles played well for one season in a gimmick offense before throwing 13 TD's and 10 INT's.  In NFL offenses for the past six seasons, Fitz has thrown 133 TD's to 86 INT's.

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Actually, no, not at all.  Foles played well for one season in a gimmick offense before throwing 13 TD's and 10 INT's.  In NFL offenses for the past six seasons, Fitz has thrown 133 TD's to 86 INT's.

How can something be called a gimmick if it actually produces 27:2 results? 

Foles numbers don't have merit because of how his coach ran an offense?

What is your stance exactly, are you saying Fitz will be paid more than Foles?

10 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

How can something be called a gimmick if it actually produces 27:2 results? 

Foles numbers don't have merit because of how his coach ran an offense?

What is your stance exactly, are you saying Fitz will be paid more than Foles?

Correct.  He had one great year while running an offense nobody had ever run before.  As a result, the league struggled to defend it and Foles put up great numbers.  Essentially spent a full season "tricking" defenses.  It was the definition of a gimmick.  Once it was on film and teams knew how to defend it, he went 13 TD 10 INT's.  Meh.

Fitz will be in Foles' ballpark in terms of salary.  Some say he's in line to make much more but I disagree.  

Come to think of it, Foles is currently the #2 and  will actually be looking at getting cut so we have no idea what his next team is going to pay him as a FA.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Clever! Did not think you had that in you, did you think of that yourself or did PatsTrollTxs alter ego help you with that one?

No ones alter ego whats your excuse for you're childish behavior here. You offer nothing in football discussion only ridicule and mockery of others opinions.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No ones alter ego whats your excuse for you're childish behavior here. You offer nothing in football discussion only ridicule and mockery of others opinions.

I don't mock anyone's opinions, what I mock is whining and bitching in every thread, every day, being passed off as opinions. 

I also mock stupidity, because I really believe in that survival of the fittest thing.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't mock anyone's opinions, what I mock is whining and bitching in every thread, every day, being passed off as opinions. 

I also mock stupidity, because I really believe in that survival of the fittest thing.

Stupid is what stupid does Forrest. 

Go suck an egg better yet go piss up a rope and suck on the wet end. 

You  have 0 football knowledge. 

You think you are a know it all,when most of us know you know nothing. 

You wouldn't survive a day in the real world guys like you only strive on hiding behind a keyboard and mocking others.

It must really suck to be you. 

37 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

All 3 are complete trolls

Obviously, but it's far more fun to draw them in, then tee-off, as opposed to shouting "TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS"... personally, I like to lob some meatball pitches in, see what they can do with them, if they lack wit and creativity, then take a dump on them... if they have some style and substance, then it can be entertaining.

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You wouldn't survive a day in the real world guys like you only strive on hiding behind a keyboard and mocking others.

You mock yourself.

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With all due respect, and I mean ALL DUE RESPECT, someone clamoring for GENO SMITH to start at QB, telling me I have 0 football knowledge, is not all that insulting. In fact, it has the opposite effect.

This is a bit more advanced logic, and I don't want to get too far ahead, but its actually a compliment. Its when you start telling me I have a lot of football knowledge, that my feelings will be hurt.

It does suck to be me fo sho

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sweet melt, brah.

brah 
This is the slang term for "bro" which is slang for brother..a slang inside a slang 8) THIS ORIGINATED IN THE STATE OF HAWAII! for those who think that it originated in southern california or where ever, your are miss informed. It is the pigeon (english-hawaiian slang) word that is used state wide in Hawaii not only by surfers but by all people born and raised in hawaii of all racial groups. and it pains me when i hear cali haole tourist say it.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Obviously, but it's far more fun to draw them in, then tee-off, as opposed to shouting "TROLLS TROLLS TROLLS"... personally, I like to lob some meatball pitches in, see what they can do with them, if they lack wit and creativity, then take a dump on them... if they have some style and substance, then it can be entertaining.

I definitely need to work on this! I am watching and learning.

With all due respect, and I mean ALL DUE RESPECT, someone clamoring for GENO SMITH to start at QB, telling me I have 0 football knowledge, is not all that insulting. In fact, it has the opposite effect.

This is a bit more advanced logic, and I don't want to get too far ahead, but its actually a compliment. Its when you start telling me I have a lot of football knowledge, that my feelings will be hurt.

It does suck to be me fo sho

Geno Smith is under contract and would cost us 0  Bryce Petty is under contract and would cost us 0  

Fitzpatrick must want crazy money or he would have been resigned 

Hes not worth crazy money 

I never implied anywhere to start Geno Smith let whatever QBs we have on the roster battle it out in camp with Bowles making the decision

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith is under contract and would cost us 0  Bryce Petty is under contract and would cost us 0  

Fitzpatrick must want crazy money or he would have been resigned 

Hes not worth crazy money 

I never implied anywhere to start Geno Smith let whatever QBs we have on the roster battle it out in camp with Bowles making the decision

Geno Smith and Bryce Petty, a 2nd year, 4th round draft pick out of a spread college offense, that will surely end your 47 year draught that you are screaming about, I am starting to see your side of things.......

Geno Smith and Bryce Petty, a 2nd year, 4th round draft pick out of a spread college offense, that will surely end your 47 year draught that you are screaming about, I am starting to see your side of things.......

Show me where I said it would. 

Archived