Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

3 minutes ago, jett said:

That is the media. Cam Newton pouted after a super bowl loss are you kidding me? I'd be upset if my quarterback WASN'T upset with a super bowl loss. The media destroys this guy for no reason and people like you use it as ammo. You are all over the place and losing credibility.  And enough about this training camp and how well he played. Fact is unless you watched him everyday there then you don't know. I remember hearing the same thing about how well Sanchez looked in camp. Remember  that? 

The media, the fans. Whats the difference? When the Panthers werent winning football games, it was not just the media but the fans that were in on it. Jets fans even went as far to make threads on this forum about Cam Newton. 

Bottomline, no matter what I say, there's an excuse from someone. Dude said, "there isnt one immature QB who's successful". Not only is Cam successful but he was the best player this season. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

The media, the fans. Whats the difference? When the Panthers werent winning football games, it was not just the media but the fans that were in on it. Jets fans even went as far to make threads on this forum about Cam Newton. 

Like i said people like YOU use it as ammunition. I only know a few Panthers fans personally and while they don't obviously count for their entire fan base they absolutely love cam because he shows passion win or lose. In this generation of players making this much money it's nice to see a few players care for once. 

But this is irrelevant because we're talking about geno... Or Glennon.. Or I can't even keep track because you talk about a ton of quarterbacks. It seems like you have a hatred toward Fitz ironically. You said you don't think geno is the answer but you've defended him for 6 pages. Then you said you want Glennon or a rookie or any quarterback other than Fitz. Which is funny to me. Maybe Fitz took ur money 

On 3/19/2016 at 4:21 PM, PatsFanTX said:

You are going down the wrong road if you want to use completion percentage and INT rate to support a JAG QB.

Last year Fitz was ranked 29th in completion percentage and 27th in INT rate.

If the Jets didn't have Marshall and Decker last year, Fitz would have won them 5 games.

Supporting arguments that include, if he wouldn't have had player ABC or if the schedule was such and such are weak and speculative.  The counter to the Marhsall point is that Marshall had the best season of his whole career, if he was 100% carrying a sh*t QB that would not have been the case.  Fitzpatrick is a journeyman QB who should not be over paid by the Jets.  Fitzpatrick gave the Jets some of the best overall results running the offense by many metric in years and years.

Aside from the basic stats like TDs and Yards, you have to factor in consistency, (the jets scored at least 17 points in every game and he only failed to throw a td in 1 game.)  The jets were the #3 team in the league in red zone efficiency.  The Jets with an average at best oline were 2nd best in sacks given up and 5th in Qb hits.  The QB was good in the fumbles category.  The Qb showed very good leadership traits laying the body on the line to make plays.

I have zero issue with people not liking Fitz for his career resume or weak arm or such.  I have zero issue with people not wanting to sign him at all this year.  I will always have an issue with people trying o throw dirt on a very very good season by a QB by most major metrics.

Just now, jett said:

Like i said people like YOU use it as ammunition. I only know a few Panthers fans personally and while they don't obviously count for their entire fan base they absolutely love cam because he shows passion win or lose. In this generation of players making this much money it's nice to see a few players care for once. 

But this is irrelevant because we're talking about geno... Or Glennon.. Or I can't even keep track because you talk about a ton of quarterbacks. It seems like you have a hatred toward Fitz ironically. You said you don't think geno is the answer but you've defended him for 6 pages. Then you said you want Glennon or a rookie or any quarterback other than Fitz. Which is funny to me. Maybe Fitz took ur money 

People like me? lol. 

Im not the hater here who has a hard on to talk crap about a Jets player while ignoring all of the things that other fans present that is to said players favor. 

Haters do that. 

1 minute ago, jett said:

That is the media. Cam Newton pouted after a super bowl loss are you kidding me? I'd be upset if my quarterback WASN'T upset with a super bowl loss. The media destroys this guy for no reason and people like you use it as ammo. You are all over the place and losing credibility.  And enough about this training camp and how well he played. Fact is unless you watched him everyday there then you don't know. I remember hearing the same thing about how well Sanchez looked in camp. Remember  that? 

Cam brings a lot of criticism on himself with saying ;Nobody has ever seen a QB like me.. Look at the crap Rex gets for his big mouth and he's talking about his players most of the time..Cam is talking about himself Superman..LOL  Granted he is a very talented player but growing up a bit would serve him well..;)

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Right. Actions. Fitzpatrick broke all kinds of Jets records...yet he's a free agent. Weird. 

Fitz hasn't been resigned yet because the dumbass Eagles wrecked the market with that silly Sam Bradford contract.  If not for that Fitz would have been resigned already

i agree I'd prefer trading for Glennon but who knows what happened with that negotiation

46 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Cam Newton was the MVP of the league this year....same guy who pouted after a SB loss. Same guy who is overly criticized for everything that he does, from dancing & celebrations to the clothes he wears during interviews. He was called immature and a RISK to take in the 1st round the moment he left Auburn. 

That didnt take too long to refute. 

If you think pouting after a super bowl loss, celebrations after success on the field, and the clothing choices Cam newton makes even remotely compares to egging on a teammate enough to the point where you have your jaw broken, then I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. Can Newton is a leader and has the respect of his team. Geno does not. 

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Fitz hasn't been resigned yet because the dumbass Eagles wrecked the market with that silly Sam Bradford contract.  If not for that Fitz would have been resigned already

Probably, probably not. All I know is that his signing has nothing to do with the ridiculous position many Jets fans take on Geno Smith while repeatedly dismissing the history of others. 

I guess @CrazyCarl40 will wait in hopes of getting that resigning through, and THEN decide to respond. lol. 

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If you think pouting after a super bowl loss, celebrations after success on the field, and the clothing choices Cam newton makes even remotely compares to egging on a teammate enough to the point where you have your jaw broken, then I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. Can Newton is a leader and has the respect of his team. Geno does not. 

You said "immature". 

You're the one who set yourself up for failure and now need the help of "backtracking" because of your words. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Probably, probably not. All I know is that his signing has nothing to do with the ridiculous position many Jets fans take on Geno Smith while repeatedly dismissing the history of others. 

I guess @CrazyCarl40 will wait in hopes of getting that resigning through, and THEN decide to respond. lol. 

Man you're like talking to a brick wall. You're obsessed with geno just admit it. You have a mural of him on your wall and a bottle of moisturizer next your bed. 

2 minutes ago, jett said:

Man you're like talking to a brick wall. You're obsessed with geno just admit it. You have a mural of him on your wall and a bottle of moisturizer next your bed. 

Today im obsessed with Geno, yesterday I was obsessed with Glennon. Tomorrow I'll be obsessed with someone else, BUT IT WONT BE FITZPATRICK! lol. 

What did I tell you just one hour ago @AFJF??? Like I said bro, dont worry about it.lmao :-) 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno is not as bad as what most jets fans and the media say.  He's not good either but people act like he's a crappier version of Ryan Leaf

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Today im obsessed with Geno, yesterday I was obsessed with Glennon. Tomorrow I'll be obsessed with someone else, BUT IT WONT BE FITZPATRICK! lol. 

What did I tell you just one hour ago @AFJF??? Like I said bro, dont worry about it.lmao :-) 

OK then how about doing me a favor and just clarify for everyone here who the hell do you want to be on our roster by training camp and who you would want starting. Just please. Just so we can figure out what you really want 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

You said "immature". 

You're the one who set yourself up for failure and now need to backtrack on your word. 

I'm not backtracking.  Cam Newton is a competitor.  His on field antics and the clothes he wears are not a sign of immaturity as far as I'm concerned, nor is pouting after a brutal Super Bowl loss.   What you've conveniently not mentioned so far is the fact that Geno is not a leader or respected by his teammates. Can't be a QB in this league without those two qualities, and no amount of coaching is going to change that.   

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm not backtracking.  Cam Newton is a competitor.  His on field antics and the clothes he wears are not a sign of immaturity as far as I'm concerned, nor is pouting after a brutal Super Bowl loss.   What you've conveniently not mentioned so far is the fact that Geno is not a leader or respected by his teammates. Can't be a QB in this league without those two qualities, and no amount of coaching is going to change that.   

Dude, stop it. 

And you've been around for every bit of it. Now im trying to get you away and you're acting rather "obsessive"

Oh please. No one's stopping you from not responding. 

Dude, stop it. 

Stop what?  You told me I was backtracking and I defended my position and pointed out that you have again conveniently failed to address the fact that Geno's lack of leadership qualities and locker room respect will prevent him from ever being a successful QB in the NFL. 

11 minutes ago, jett said:

Oh please. No one's stopping you from not responding. 

I did that yesterday. Yet you found a way to participate in a conversation that I was having with someone else today just to talk to me lol. 

But I will do this. I will dismiss myself "again" like I did yesterday. So please have the last word, which is cool. But the next time im talking with someone else, dont add yourself then come off as if im somehow trolling you. lol. Dude, I dont even know you around these parts. You've been around what, 15 minutes? lol. 

You got the floor bro, which if you're anything like Geno Smith you will take lol.. But please, afterwards, go about your business. 

8 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Stop what?  You told me I was backtracking and I defended my position and pointed out that you have again conveniently failed to address the fact that Geno's lack of leadership qualities and locker room respect will prevent him from ever being a successful QB in the NFL. 

Dude, you failed. okay? 

You failed. Have a seat. 

33 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, you failed. okay? 

You failed. Have a seat. 

Have a seat?  Impressive.  I'll bet you were waiting all day to say that.  Take a tough guy stance as opposed to a discussion the issues like adults. Still waiting to hear you defend Geno's leadership qualities and the respect he commands in the clubhouse. If you don't want to, that's cool, but drop the tough guy bravado.  I'm not impressed. 

-- One day after owner Woody Johnson issued a public pleafor unsigned quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to "come back to the Jets," coach Todd Bowles took the pragmatic approach, claiming Tuesday the team won't miss a beat if Fitzpatrick signs elsewhere.Bowles expressed confidence in his contingency plans, heaping praise on starter-turned-backup Geno Smith, whom he believes gained maturity after having his jaw broken by a teammate last summer. Bowles said Smith is one of the fallback options; he declined to specify the others.

The coach's message : He's not sweating the stalemate with Fitzpatrick.

"We're working through it," Bowles said at the NFL owners' meetings. "It'll work out for the best. I feel pretty good about it. Obviously, we're going to try to sign Fitz back, but we have plans in place just in case it doesn't happen."The organization has set an internal deadline, but "we're not close to that," according to Bowles. He said it's so early in the offseason that "everybody has a right to be stubborn."Aside from Smith, who lost the job when he was punched out by then-teammateIK Enemkpali, the Jets might consider free agent Robert Griffin III. They met with the former Washington Redskins' star, but their interest seems tepid at this point.

Another possibility is Colin Kaepernick, whose future with the San Francisco 49ers is cloudy. One opposing coach said he wouldn't be surprised if Kaepernick ends up with the Jets in a trade.The defensive-minded Bowles, who played for Hall-of-Fame coach Joe Gibbs, noted that his old coach won three Super Bowls with three different quarterbacks."You learn from that standpoint," Bowles said. "You want everything to work out fine (with Fitzpatrick), but if it doesn't work out fine, you better have Plans B, C and D. And you still have to win with those plans."The Jets and Fitzpatrick remain far apart in negotiations. The team has maintained that re-signing him is their primary focus at quarterback. Fitzpatrick galvanized the offense in the aftermath of the Smith-Enemkpali altercation, setting a team record with 31 touchdown passes.

But that means nothing now, according to Bowles.

"You're back at square one even if you have the same quarterback," he said. "You have to rebuild your chemistry every year."In a one-hour sitdown with reporters at the AFC coaches' breakfast, Bowles used the forum to laud Smith, who served as Fitzpatrick's backup after starting in 2013 and 2014."We thought Geno matured last year," Bowles said. "It's something you couldn't see because he didn't play as much, but you saw it in practice and you saw it in his demeanor in off-the-field stuff. Geno is still our quarterback, he's still on our team."You learn from your mistakes," he continued. "He went on and learned a valuable lesson. He was mature and he applied himself and he moved on from it, which was big. It was big to see that from him. That could destroy your team after going through something like that, but he's a team player. ... I respect him for that."

From all indications, Smith was sucker-punched by Enemkpali. Bowles retracted his use of the word "mistake," adding: "For me, I would treat it as a mistake just from where I grew up. I'm not saying that was a mistake. Maybe 'mistake' was a bad word. It was an experienced and you learn from experiences."The Jets are in a delicate situation. They don't want to overpay Fitzpatrick -- they're offering more than $7 million per year, sources said -- but they also recognize he's a popular team leader. Outspoken wide receiver Brandon Marshall has lobbied for the team to re-sign Fitzpatrick."My son wants certain things, too, that his dad says no to," Bowles said, laughing. "It really doesn't matter. I love Brandon to death and he's a good player ... (but) he doesn't make any decisions for this team."

>    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15041971/coach-todd-bowles-says-new-york-jets-fine-ryan-fitzpatrick-signs-elsewhere

48 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Have a seat?  Impressive.  I'll bet you were waiting all day to say that.  Take a tough guy stance as opposed to a discussion the issues like adults. Still waiting to hear you defend Geno's leadership qualities and the respect he commands in the clubhouse. If you don't want to, that's cool, but drop the tough guy bravado.  I'm not impressed. 

Not really, you set yourself up, kinda like in your own "avatar picture" (See how you set yourself up again?). 

Take a tough guy stance? I've been explaining to you what you just dont want to hear. Im finished. Geno isnt as bad as people make him out to be. You dont get that. Im done repeating myself. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not really, you set yourself up, kinda like in your own "avatar picture" (See how you set yourself up again?). 

Take a tough guy stance? I've been explaining to you what you just dont want to hear. Im finished. Geno isnt as bad as people make him out to be. You dont get that. Im done repeating myself. 

Yeah he is that bad when looking at overall QB performance.  Unfortunately for Geno and Mark before him absolutely ghastly horrible plays in the wrong part of the field at the wrong time 3 or 4 times a game vastly trumps looking decent the rest of the time if it happens most games.  Eliminate those plays for each guys repertoire and they look like decent to better then decent QB's alas you can't do that.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah he is that bad when looking at overall QB performance.  Unfortunately for Geno and Mark before him absolutely ghastly horrible plays in the wrong part of the field at the wrong time 3 or 4 times a game vastly trumps looking decent the rest of the time if it happens most games.  Eliminate those plays for each guys repertoire and they look like decent to better then decent QB's alas you can't do that.

The  Geno conversation isnt really based on stats, its based on the belief that somehow he could never able to overcome his rookie and sophomore seasons because people feel that its impossible for a young 20 year old to mature. 

Its a stupid point of view and we know it. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The  Geno conversation isnt really based on stats, its based on the belief that somehow he could never able to overcome his rookie and sophomore seasons because people feel that its impossible for a young 20 year old to mature. 

Its a stupid point of view and we know it. 

Did you watch the Oakland game last year? 

How long do you wait for a QB to 'get it'?

Archived