Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

On 3/19/2016 at 11:19 AM, PatsFanTX said:

Those records are a result of the Jets poor QB performance over the last half century, not some significant accomplish by Fitz.

Last year there were 10 QB's who threw more TD's than Fitz and 14 QB's who threw for more yards.

YOU're gonna miss tom brady when his playing days r over    ;)

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Did you watch the Oakland game last year? 

How long do you wait for a QB to 'get it'?

I watched the Oakland game (The usual example). And you know what I saw? I saw a QB in Fitzpatrick who didnt "get it" last year after not sliding and breaking his leg for the Texans....not slide with the Jets and almost got his thumb ripped off. 

Is that what you're talking about? Probably not. 

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Did you watch the Oakland game last year? 

How long do you wait for a QB to 'get it'?

In a game we got dominated in at every aspect Geno 64% completion rate for 265 yds 2td 1 int and 87.9 QBR plus 34 yards rushing on 2 carries

So you were saying?

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The  Geno conversation isnt really based on stats, its based on the belief that somehow he could never able to overcome his rookie and sophomore seasons because people feel that its impossible for a young 20 year old to mature. 

Its a stupid point of view and we know it. 

no.  no it isn't.  He doesn't get it and probably won't ever get it.  At least not with the Jets.

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

no.  no it isn't.  He doesn't get it and probably won't ever get it.  At least not with the Jets.

To my benefit, the word "Probably" is the operative word in your sentence! 

For example: He will probably wont get it, but Jet fans will probably continue to disregard my Fitzpatrick Oakland game fact because they cant defend it. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I watched the Oakland game (The usual example). And you know what I saw? I saw a QB in Fitzpatrick who didnt "get it" last year after not sliding and breaking his leg for the Texans....not slide with the Jets and almost got his thumb ripped off. 

Is that what you're talking about? Probably not. 

What is with you dumbasses?  I mean every single time you and your 'lot' can't come up with any rebuttle whatsoever on a point it goes back to 'its Fitzpatrick fault'.  It really does make you guys look utterly stupid.  I'm not saying this as a mud slinging contest kind of thing, I truly mean it. 

18 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

In a game we got dominated in at every aspect Geno 64% completion rate for 265 yds 2td 1 int and 87.9 QBR plus 34 yards rushing on 2 carries

So you were saying?

I'm saying exactly what I've said about Geno smith all along.  Looks good for a while, has always done this, gets a few results, has always done this.  Then when it counts, throws a pick, takes an awful awful sack, tosses the game away.  You seemingly didn't see my post above that said:

" Yeah he is that bad when looking at overall QB performance.  Unfortunately for Geno and Mark before him absolutely ghastly horrible plays in the wrong part of the field at the wrong time 3 or 4 times a game vastly trumps looking decent the rest of the time if it happens most games.  Eliminate those plays for each guys repertoire and they look like decent to better then decent QB's alas you can't do that. "

And he Oakland game was the same Geno as in the past.

YOU're gonna miss tom brady when his playing days r over    

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

Pats have had 2 QB's for the last 24 years.

Once Brady hangs them up, I'm sure the Pats will find another elite QB for the next 15 years.

Thankfully, they don't draft QB's like the Jets do.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

hold, hold, hold on.  are you saying Geno Smith actually made a mistake? this can't be, as we know every Jet QB besides Geno has been perfect every week. 

down 34-20 w/ 4 mins left deep in our territory we clearly were on our way to victory if he didn't take that sack.

and the 2nd video he threw the ball up for grabs for Marshall, something Fitz did all year long.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not really, you set yourself up, kinda like in your own "avatar picture" (See how you set yourself up again?). 

Take a tough guy stance? I've been explaining to you what you just dont want to hear. Im finished. Geno isnt as bad as people make him out to be. You dont get that. Im done repeating myself. 

Two years of overall poor play plus a broken jaw at the hands of a teammate equals wearing out ones welcome.  He's given me no reason to believe in him.  A few decent games in two years doesn't impress me or give me hope.  You don't seem to agree.  Let's just leave it at that. 

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Two years of overall poor play plus a broken jaw at the hands of a teammate equals wearing out ones welcome.  He's given me no reason to believe in him.  A few decent games in two years doesn't impress me or give me hope.  You don't seem to agree.  Let's just leave it at that. 

we have no idea if Geno will ever be a good QB, the chances are better that he won't but that doesn't mean you give up on him until you have to.  He's young and cheap, no need to throw him away especially if Fitz is gone.  

16 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Once Brady hangs them up, I'm sure the Pats will find another elite QB for the next 15 years.

Bledsoe was never elite, he was steering the ship to the bottom of the ocean until Brady stepped in and rescued that franchise and that HC who was a complete failure w/o him.  Once Brady is gone it's back to reality for the Pats.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

yeah.  we don't get lucky with 6th round fliers.  Pats hit a lottery jackpot with that 6th round comp pick.  Fluke.  That, TX, is an extremely rare thing.  Bledsoe was a decent starter but as stiff as a statue.  When Brady quits, the Pas will resume normalcy, or worse, revert to what they were throughout the 70's, 80's 90's with a few nice years therein but in a majority of them, the Pats were the suck.

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

To my benefit, the word "Probably" is the operative word in your sentence! 

For example: He will probably wont get it, but Jet fans will probably continue to disregard my Fitzpatrick Oakland game fact because they cant defend it. 

hint: the Jets lost the Oakland game.

Just now, nyjunc said:

yep and it was clearly Geno's fault for allowing 34 points.  damn him!

so he looked alright in mop up duty, so what?  The dude is coming into his 4th season - do you really believe the light is suddenly going to go on for this kid?

Just now, peebag said:

so he looked alright in mop up duty, so what?  The dude is coming into his 4th season - do you really believe the light is suddenly going to go on for this kid?

If I was betting I'd say no but if no Fitz shouldn't he be allowed to see what he can do w/ these weapons?    remember he went 8-8 w/ half the talent around him.

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

hold, hold, hold on.  are you saying Geno Smith actually made a mistake? this can't be, as we know every Jet QB besides Geno has been perfect every week. 

down 34-20 w/ 4 mins left deep in our territory we clearly were on our way to victory if he didn't take that sack.

and the 2nd video he threw the ball up for grabs for Marshall, something Fitz did all year long.

As usual, as always.  When in doubt bring up another QB. 

"down 34-20 w/ 4 mins left deep in our territory we clearly were on our way to victory if he didn't take that sack. "

Is this a serious comment and or rebuttle or is it April 1st?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

As usual, as always.  When in doubt bring up another QB. 

"down 34-20 w/ 4 mins left deep in our territory we clearly were on our way to victory if he didn't take that sack. "

Is this a serious comment and or rebuttle or is it April 1st?

let's say he throws it away, it's 4th and 2 deep in our territory.  we still need a million things to go right just to have a chance in that game.  the D cost us that game.

I bring up reality, Fitz made his season throwing the ball up for Marshall and Decker.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

If I was betting I'd say no but if no Fitz shouldn't he be allowed to see what he can do w/ these weapons?    remember he went 8-8 w/ half the talent around him.

Ah yes the 8-8 aberration year. 

Won two games in which the other team took a penalty on the last play gifting us wins.

Got blown out in most losses, avg measure of wins 6.6, avg measure of losses 18.7

Loss vs the Pats, 3 ints

Loss vs the Bills fumble returned for a td

Loss vs Pitt, 2 ints

Victory vs the Pats 79 int return for a td

Loss vs Cincy, 2 ints

Loss vs Buff, 3 ints, 32 yarder return for a td.

Loss vs Balt, 2 ints

Loss vs Mia, 4-10 with an int, pulled from game.

Loss vs Car, 41 yd int return for td

The 'all important' wins vs winning teams, 2.

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yeah.  we don't get lucky with 6th round fliers.  Pats hit a lottery jackpot with that 6th round comp pick.  Fluke.  That, TX, is an extremely rare thing.  Bledsoe was a decent starter but as stiff as a statue.  When Brady quits, the Pas will resume normalcy, or worse, revert to what they were throughout the 70's, 80's 90's with a few nice years therein but in a majority of them, the Pats were the suck.

Bledsoe was a statue but he had 10 rushing Td's the biggest statue of all time had to be Kenny O with zero..

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

What is with you dumbasses?  I mean every single time you and your 'lot' can't come up with any rebuttle whatsoever on a point it goes back to 'its Fitzpatrick fault'.  It really does make you guys look utterly stupid.  I'm not saying this as a mud slinging contest kind of thing, I truly mean it. 

Dumbasses? Wow, so emotional lol. You need to check that.  I've already said that given the fact that Geno had just came back from injury, had no preseason, no reps with the 1's etc., the fact that he went into that game and put up stats that was similar to the starter was actually a credit to him. 

I made this rebuttal atleast twice already. 

45 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

You literally dont understand "done" do you? 

26 minutes ago, peebag said:

hint: the Jets lost the Oakland game.

The win or the loss isnt the point here. But I'll return the hint. 

Hint: Maybe we should have put in Geno against the Bills during week 17 given that Geno Smith is actually undefeated in week 17 games. Atleast we would have made the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ah yes the 8-8 aberration year. 

Won two games in which the other team took a penalty on the last play gifting us wins.

Got blown out in most losses, avg measure of wins 6.6, avg measure of losses 18.7

Loss vs the Pats, 3 ints

Loss vs the Bills fumble returned for a td

Loss vs Pitt, 2 ints

Victory vs the Pats 79 int return for a td

Loss vs Cincy, 2 ints

Loss vs Buff, 3 ints, 32 yarder return for a td.

Loss vs Balt, 2 ints

Loss vs Mia, 4-10 with an int, pulled from game.

Loss vs Car, 41 yd int return for td

The 'all important' wins vs winning teams, 2.

ahhh we were gifted wins 2 years ago but not this year at Dalklas, vs. NE, at NYG, etc...?

we won 8 games, no team had ever won more than 6 w/ Fitz as a starter until this year when he had one of the most talented teams in the league around him against one of the weakest scheds and still couldn't get us into the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Bledsoe was a statue but he had 10 rushing Td's the biggest statue of all time had to be Kenny O with zero..

Bledsoe was like a Kenny, always waiting for the big play down the field and taking so many unnecessary sacks.

Revert back to the 80's and 90's?

Pats have played in the Super Bowl in the 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's. That's 4 straight decades going to the Big Dance.

As a Jets fan who hasn't sniffed the Big Game in 47 years, would you take that?

There are only 3 people who turned the Pats around from being a circus and the joke of the NFL in the early 90's:

1). Robert Kraft

2). Bill Parcells

3). Drew Bledsoe

38 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

ahhh we were gifted wins 2 years ago but not this year at Dalklas, vs. NE, at NYG, etc...?

we won 8 games, no team had ever won more than 6 w/ Fitz as a starter until this year when he had one of the most talented teams in the league around him against one of the weakest scheds and still couldn't get us into the playoffs.

You do understand the difference right?  Geno two wins were from dumb a$$ last second penalties made by the other team that without the Jets don't win.  

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I never once said that Geno Smith should start, I've said for atleast a year that Mike Glennon should be starting. I said that the Geno hate is ridiculous. 

I love how you put words in my mouth. 

There's no middle ground here with some.  I've said that I would have liked to see what Geno could do with the talent the Jets have on offense now, that he never had a chance before.  Somehow this becomes an open insult fest.  Because as we all know, logically, wondering aloud what he might have done with talent means you want him to start.

6 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You do understand the difference right?  Geno two wins were from dumb a$$ last second penalties made by the other team that without the Jets don't win.  

The difference is the guy you liked never gets shlt for lucky wins.  The guy you dislike plays a schedule where almost all his wins were given to him.  

That youre nitpicking the wins of a rookie on a team devoid of offensive talent vs a 11 year veterans W&Ls on a much more talented team says it all.

8 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

he gets no credit for scrambling against TB? then setting up the long FG?  NE gave us the ball to start OT wouldn't that be somewhat similar?  

Geno didn't do much in the NE game in '13 but Fitz didn't do much against dallas this year.  we can play this game all day.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There's no middle ground here with some.  I've said that I would have liked to see what Geno could do with the talent the Jets have on offense now, that he never had a chance before.  Somehow this becomes an open insult fest.  Because as we all know, logically, wondering aloud what he might have done with talent means you want him to start.

Not many people understand this. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

There are only 3 people who turned the Pats around from being a circus and the joke of the NFL in the early 90's:

1). Robert Kraft

2). Bill Parcells

3). Drew Bledsoe

you got the first 2 right.  You are wrong about the 3rd, you can slide Curtis Martin into #3

Archived